Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Time stays, we go. [Tally~]  (Read 11680 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Time stays, we go. [Tally~]
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »
So that was what it took to break him? Laughing, Gabriel filed that away for future use, under 'cheap tactics to be used very sparingly'. "Guess it's a good thing I've got no shame to be full of?"

He rose to his feet and followed after Roman, on hand in case he needed something, namely from a place he couldn't reach because with his meds and whatnot, Roman was not climbing any step stools on his watch. Gabriel watched him tear through the kitchen, venting on the poor cupboards and doors, and shook his head. "Aww, pumpkin pie, don't gimme the stink-eye! You know I think you're fly...uh, you make me high? Yeah, that makes no sense but don't deny! Or be all shy! Not that you are but y'know gotta...rhyme."

As Roman opened and shut the fridge, Gabriel came up behind him and gave him a careful hug, arms loose around his belly so as not to squeeze his wounds and chin on his shoulder. "Aaaand I don't know what else rhymes with 'pie' except like e-coli buuut you get the idea, aye?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »
Ever since getting out of the hospital, Roman had this sense like he was a loose balloon, untethered, drifting into nothing.  He felt like there was no ground beneath him and what frightened him, what kept him awake and staring at the ceiling at night, was not knowing when it would end.  He couldn't see a future any better than the present.

It was why he couldn't stop moving around, but Gabriel's arms stilled him.  More than that, they unwound some of the tension seizing his muscles and he relaxed backwards against him.  He sought for something to say to the stupid rhyme—or the message behind it—but came up with nothing, so instead he stayed where he was and laid a hand over one of Gabriel's own.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:49 pm »
Gabriel felt the shifting of weight and muscles and the warmth of Roman's hand and let out a slow breath, letting his own tension drain out. Tension he hadn't really realized was there, but it was hard seeing Roman like this and it was hard figuring out what was the right thing to say. He wasn't that great with words; he had all the tact and delicacy of a bulldozer.

So for a long moment he said nothing; he just enjoyed the calm, quiet moment for what it was. He could be the pillar here. Roman had been his more than he could count, and more than he'd admit.

"It's gonna be alright."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2013, 11:57:04 pm »
It was a good thing Gabriel couldn't see his face, because those words made him wince and shit but he didn't want to give the impression that—on top of everything else—Gabriel had said exactly the wrong thing.  He'd heard that phrase so much it made him sick.  He understood now, why people hated hearing it.  It'll be all right.  Seriously, fuck him if he ever uttered those words to anyone again.

He turned around and put his back to the fridge.  He rubbed a hand over his eyes.  "I really need you right now."

Now, in the weeks to come—always.  He couldn't do this alone, and that was as well as he knew how to say it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:56 pm »
"I'm not going anywhere," Gabriel said, and cracked a crooked grin, letting his arms drop when Roman turned around. "Even when you get all grouchy and try and toss me out. Nope. I'm the hot glue to your toothpick tower, baby--totally stuck on you!"

His smile faded a little then and he met Roman's eyes. "But seriously, dude, just...lemme know what I can do? Alright?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:15 pm »
Roman nodded, but averted his eyes.  He didn't know what he needed from Gabriel, and that was part of the problem.  How could he ask for something he couldn't identify, couldn't put any words to?  He'd spent the better part of his life trying not to ask people for help.  And now?  Now he could only hope Gabriel knew him better than Roman knew himself.  Because he sure didn't know how he was going to pull his shit together after this.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »
"Hey, hey, look at me," Gabriel said, leaning a little to follow Roman's eyes. "You don't have to feel ashamed or anything, okay? It's just me here. And...I dunno..."

He gave a little shrug and an awkward smile. "I...kind of like that you told me that?" Now it was his turn to avert his eyes. "I don't really know how to explain it except that I like being able to do things for you. And...I like that you trust me enough to let me in like that. I know this isn't easy, so...thank you."

Offline Tally

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:10 pm »
Yeah.  Yeah, that was true.  It was hard to feel embarrassed around a guy who had once licked pie from his fingers.

He smiled, just a little bit—it was all he could really manage at the moment.  "Well, you'll have plenty of time to do things for me.  I hope you know I'm going to milk this for all it's worth."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
"Wouldn't have it any other way, pudding pie," Gabriel said, and tapped Roman on the nose to break the tension. "I'll even clean Blank's litter box and scrub the toilet. On one condition! Because I'm not doing this all out of the goodness of my heart."

He grinned. "You haaave to watch 10 Things I Loathe About You with me. And, y'know, several other awesome movies of my choice, because dude, you need some pop culture in your life. See, I'm planning on milking this for all it's worth, too, while you're my helpless captive."

Offline Tally

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:42 pm »
Roman pulled a face and rolled his eyes.  He didn't exactly know the movie, but he'd heard of it.  Even if he hadn't, the simple fact that this was Gabe suggesting this would have told him everything he needed to know.

"Oh, come on.  Not one of your shitty romantic comedies.  Can't it at least be one of your shitty fantasies or shitty sci-fis?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2014, 10:38:02 pm »
"It's not shitty!" Gabriel said with an offended scoff. "Keith Fletcher is a brilliant and versatile actor. And really hot. And it's supposed to be based around some old play or book or something only made to be modern and not snobby. Like, you've probably read it. Buuuut, if you insiiist, I do have some romantic sci-fi and fantasy comedies! Like The Princess Scribe. That one's a classic, so don't roll your eyes at me, old man!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »
After weighing the relative shittiness of his options, Roman figured there was really only one choice.

"Ugh, all right.  I guess I could do worse than Princess Scribe."

It had its funny moments at least.  He lead the way back into the living room.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13:10 pm »
"Yesss!" Gabriel pumped his fist and followed on after Roman. "Alright! But don't think you've gotten out of 10 Things I Loathe About You! It's gonna happen! And you'll love it. Don't even lie."

In the living room, Gabriel commandeered the remote, flipped on the TV, and accessed Networkflix. He motioned to the couch. "Go on, get settled and comfy and stuff. Want anything while I'm still up? Tea? Snacks?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:05 pm »
Roman flopped back on the couch and crossed his arms.  He felt like he was dangerously close to pouting.  "No.  And I'm starting to think I should have picked your stupid romantic comedy just to get it over with."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »
"Tea and snacks it is! For the whiny baby. Because I know you'll want some later right when we get to the good part."

Sticking his tongue out at Roman, Gabriel vanished briefly into the kitchen, and returned balancing a glass of iced tea  for Roman (rooibos with an orange slice, since Roman couldn't have caffeine and he everything he saw suggested orange for rooibos instead of lemon; he wasn't sure Roman would like anything about it or not, but since the decaf subject was still sticky, he figured he'd just give it to him and go from there), a can of soda for himself, and a bag of cookies for the both of them.

He deposited the drinks onto the coffee table, hit the play button, and plopped down next to Roman. He tore open the cookie bag so the smell could waft between them. "You should try the tea."

Offline Tally

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »
Wow.  Gabriel knew him too well.  He had, just moments ago, entertained the strategy of getting up for food halfway through the movie and taking his sweet time getting back.

As soon as Gabriel left, Roman grimaced, arching his back in a stretch that pulled at the healing bullet wounds that ran clean through his torso.  This was by far the worst injury he'd ever taken on the job.  The discomfort, the ache that lingered all through his middle, it never really went away, not unless he medicated himself into delirium, but he found that by far a more torturous state to be in.  By the time Gabriel got back, he was settled again.

He raised his eyebrows at the tea, but didn't say anything.  He was dubious but willing.  It was tea, how bad could it be?

"Have you even had anything besides junk food today?"  He eyed the soda.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:06 pm »
The movie began, the title credits rolling, and Gabriel cracked open his soda.

"I had a burger earlier," he said, taking a sip. "That counts, right? I mean, it's got all the food groups. Lettuce, meat, dairy, bread...and hey, tomato's a fruit!" Then, eying Roman and scooting a little closer, he nudged his arm. "I don't see you trying your tea."

Offline Tally

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2014, 12:48:25 am »
"It'll do.  I guess.  Not the worst thing you could have had."  Somehow he got the feeling he was going to be cooking for Gabriel tonight, even though he was the sick one.  It wasn't even Gabriel's fault either.  It was just Roman's mother rubbing off on him.

When Gabriel nudged closer Roman laid his arm along the back of the couch.  "I'm getting to it.  You're a pushy nurse, damn.  What'd you make me?"

Upon first sip, the tea turned out to be good.  Not what he was expecting or used to, but good.  He still couldn't have said what it was.  Roman was a creature of habit—he hadn't had anything except his usual black tea in years.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2014, 01:07:17 am »
Gabriel waited anxiously, while pretending to watch the movie and not Roman's reaction, and felt kind of silly for being anxious about tea. But he kind of wanted things to just be...special. Special in a casual "hey, dude, I care about you a lot! And think about you! And even remember your frou frou tea that you're sad about not being able to have, and this whole thing sucks and things are different but here's a little gesture that will maybe mean something because even if stuff is different it can still be kind of the same" and...oh fuck. He had put way too much thought into this after all.

He glanced at Roman when he took a sip. "It's roo...roo-ee...roobious? Something like that. It's red tea, whatever that means! Is it alright? I know you can't have your other stuff and it's probably not the same but that's what the person at the tea shop place recommended so..."

Yeah. He'd even set foot into a tea shop. Felt like a fish out of water there, too.

Offline Tally

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2014, 02:00:28 am »
"Rooibos," Roman said.  "It's good.  Y'know, for herbal."

He made an effort to just stare at the screen and not start anything, but Gabriel could not have been more obvious that he was anxious about something if he'd written it on his forehead, and Roman just about couldn't take anymore unresolved issues hovering over his head.

"What's up with you?  Relax."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal