Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: An odd pair of brothers (open)  (Read 1271 times)

Anonymous

An odd pair of brothers (open)
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:03:56 pm »
Jack had slipped on a long black trench coat and a pair of blue colored glasses before heading out to walk around with Wraith.  The coat actually served a function, as it had some light armor plates placed within it, but the glasses were really just a fashion statement.  He walked with an arm tight around Wraith's shoulder and going on and on.  "C'mon Bro, why do you want to bother buying food?" he questioned, "All you're going to do is buy the most basic, bland thing you can find, and we both know how that ends.  You end up having to hear me complain the entire trip about gruulish slop.  I mean, come on, what's the problem with trying some local cuisine?  It's not like anything is going to kill me, and there are a few spiders crawling in the ship for the unforeseeable..."

Wraith stopped walking, which gave Jack a bit of a stumble to stop with him.  A metal encased reached under his cloak and came out with a pouch.  "Just please spend some of it on actual supplies Jack.  Don't be wasting what bit of money we have on some silly gadget this time."

Jack took the pouch with a big smile, a smile that didn't incite much confidence in his brother.  Rather than continue such a tiring argument though, Wraith shrugged off his brother's arm and wandered off in a different direction.  Weighing the pouch in his hand, Jack continued to smile, and then placed it away.  "Why can't my brother ever trust me in shopping?  It's not like there is going to be any gadgets that would wow me here..."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:04:19 pm »
5 figures shrouded in black cloaks watched from the roof of a building, One of the figures a young female with brown hair  gasped as her violet eyes went blank as if in a trance "What is it Mara?" another figure a male with black hair and green eyes asked. "I sense strong spiritual pressure" the girl said, causing the 4 other figures to jump to thier feet from their sitting position. "Where Mara?" another male with fire red hair and blazing topaz eyes asked "There" the spirit detecter said pointing to a young man with a bag of what seemed to be coins. "What about the other one?" a young girl of 12 with bubblegum colored hair and misted green eyes. "Only that one can't sense any other" the coffee haired girl of 14 said her eyes coming out of their trance like state. "Irene" the flamed haired boy who looked to be the oldest called over his shoulder. A zip sound was heard as a girl of 15 with blond hair and slate blue eyes appeared " a seishou ?" the girl asked "It appears so you know what to do Irene" "Yes" the girl said and zipped from the roof onto the street into an alley behind the target and long black and purple snake invisible to the naked eye shot out of the sleeve of her cloak ad bit the man hard on his ankle injecting him with it's black poisen. She then zipped back to the waiting 4 "It is done" she said.

my nightmares:
http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/f ... .php?t=199

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:59:37 pm »
"Ow ow ow ow!" Jack shouted.  He hopped  on one foot, grabbing at the other.  "What the hell was that?" he questioned and looked about, though seeing nothing nearby him.  "Do they have some nasty bugs here or something?"

He glanced about, trying to see if there was something close to him that could have bit him.  He didn't see anything.  He half wondered if maybe he had just stepped wrong and hit a nerve.  He could have sworn that something had bit him though.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:52:24 am »
The Kumori watched from their rooftop hideaway "It takes a moment for the poison to take hold" the snake charmess said "yeah but do we do when it does?" the pink haird young  girl    asked. "We don't have to Kululu the poison will do that for us" the leader of the group said, "What about the other one can we kill him?" Kululu asked, "No Mara said she can't sense any other spiritual energy let's not wasted our time with him" "Aww" she   moaned. "Stop whining" the flame haired boy said sternly "I wasn't whining Kasai I'm just sooo bored!" the pink haired girl said "You're always bored Kululu" the raven haired male said "Oh shut up Ryoushi", "Make me you little midget" the two went at it until the older teen grabbed them by the necks of thier cloaks and banged their heads together "Enough the both of you!" Kasai said annoyed "Lets go home" he added. There were 5 zip sounds as the cloaked figures disappeared.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:45 am »
Jack had managed to find an open market section that dealt in food, at least mostly.  There were some things being sold to stimulate more than just the tastebuds.  He wanted to focus on finding food, but he just felt off.  It was feeling too hot in here as well, but he swore it wasn't that warm in the station, he had been just fine with his jacket on a while ago.
"You alright there?" said a seller that had been trying to sell Jack something that looked like a cross between a gourd and a melon, "I don't deal in the more, umm, stimulating foods, if that's what you're looking for."
"No, I'm not into that stuff,"  he said as he wiped sweat from his forhead, "I'll be fine... really... yeah...  What does that one taste like again?""
He thought thought that with his luck whatever bit him just had to be something horribly toxic.  It would probably be the kind of toxic that would cause horrible agony before dieing.  Someone would probably loot his corpse and toss it into a dumpster, and then he wouldn't hear the end of it from his brother for a month.
Jack snapped out of the train of thought, realizing he hadn't heard anything the seller had just said.  "You know what," he said, taking another wipe at his forehead, "I'll take two of those, and can you direct me to someone selling something medicinal?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:47:41 pm »
"Oh of course go a couple blocks north and then turn right and there's a booth selling medical herbs and such" the vender said pointing to the street on the street to the right of him.

Kululu walked down the streets she wasn't wearing her cloak to avoid suspicion Kesai had asked her to see what the poison's progress was. So she pretended to act like a little girl who was shopping. Her bubble gum pink hair was ried into a short braid down her back. She purposley ran into the man but she made it appear as an accident "Oh I'm sorry mister" she said with fake but convincing innocence. She continued to walk until she came to an alley which she quickly turned int to. "Well" Kesai who had been waiting in the alley asked "The fever had already started it shouldn't be long before he collapses it's too bad the poison doesn't kill him" the girl  added "Yeah but it makes victims want to kill themselves" the teenaged boy said. "What now?" the shadow manipulator asked "We wait" he replied.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »
Jack stumbled on after the little girl.  He felt like his head was swimming, but he still had enough of his senses to remember to gently pat his pockets to makes sure the money pouch was still on him.  He reached a hand into another pocket, he wrapped a hand around the contents and fiddled with a switch for several moments then left it.  He managed to continue on for more than another block, stumbling on and managing his best to avoid stumbling into people.  Something danced on the edge of his vision, something he somehow knew he didn't want to see, but seemed to be wanting him to close his eyes just for a moment.  He thought he could see his destination before he fell to the ground.

Wraith had been wandering around other parts of the Red District.  All in all he didn't feel too impressed with the place.  He held a small datapad of sorts in his hands, pushing away at keys as he strolled around, odd symbols of some language rolling across the screen.  "Eh, nothing special in tech here," he spoke softly to himself, "Nothing really special.  Just once I wish I'd get a mission with some really interesting machines."
Something shook lightly in his robe cloak and he quickly fished it out, flipping it out like a cell-phone.  His head cocked to the side a little.  "And what trouble are you in now?" he muttered to himself and turned around, going to look for his brother that he hoped was at least somewhere near the food vendors and not somewhere else getting into far more trouble than they needed.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 03:10:40 pm »
The girl was about to walk out of the alley after the other when the older teen grabbed her shoulder "no kululu we have no buisness with him let's go he'll find the target soon enough" "You're no fun" the girl muttered as they zipped out.

A group of people formed a small circle around the collapsed young man
people were mumbling or talking to themselves or among others.
"Oh the poor thing"
"Is he dead?"
"Someone should check"
"No way what if he has a contagious disease"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:27:56 pm »
Jack could see a sky above him with colors melting along it.  There were blues, yellows, and reds all throughout it.  Then shapes like black knives filled the sky and fire began to rain down.  Everything was burning.  'No, I don't want to see it again!  Not again!' his mind screamed.
Dirt, fire, and ash filled the air in a terrible explosion.  The vision swirled, being thrown about.  Then he saw them.  There were so many of them, so many that had been two close to the falling fire, their bodies mangled, burned, some flailing in their final moments of life, and their voices crying out.  Voices, so many and so loud, it drowned out even the screaming of Jack's mind.

He couldn't hear the voices of the people around him.  Jack's senses were all wrapped up in the nightmare.  His body suddenly convulsed violently for a few moments before following with vomiting on the street.

Wraith was still far away.  Had he known what the current situation was, he probably would have gotten to Jack already.  As things were now he was walking through a crowed that was listening to someone go on about some vegetable that looked like a cross between a gourd and melon.  He shuffled his way past them as best he could with a lot of excuse me's and sorry's.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:53:50 pm »
Far away from the crowd and buidlings there stood a seemingly abandone warehouse inside of girl of 14 held up a mirror showing what was happening in the street ."Hmm the nightmares have already started thats unsual unless he has had a excpetionally horrid past" a girl with long blond hair and cadet blue eyes said looking into the mirror a large black and purple curled around her arm and up to her shoulder she petted it's head "You did very well my pet" she said to the repitile and continued to look through the mirror.

An elderly woman came up to young man who seem to older than the ill lookig one of the ground. "Are you  family or a friend of the young man over there if  you are you  might want to get him medical attention he looks seriously ill" the older woman said pointing to the writhing form.

Irene smiled no medicine of theirs would help him she touch the vial containing the only antidote. The poison would continue to plague and toture him playing with his memories unless he got the antidote which was unlikely.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 08:22:34 pm »
(( Just a little note, Wraith doesn't exactly have an outward appearance to suggest he's brothers with Jack ))

Wraith spotted the small group formed around something other than a seller, and heard a woman talking about a sick my.  He slided his way into the group and pushed in a little till he could identify the man on the ground.  "Damnit Jack," He exclaimed, "This is why I can't let you buy food on your own."
He pushed to the center of the group and began picking his brother up.  "Nothing to see hear people, he probably just had something that didn't agree with him," he said in an attempt to disperse the gawkers.  Glancing about he look for a bench or something he could sit Jack down on.  "Honestly, how much trouble can you get in that quickly..."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 02:41:19 pm »
As the crowd dispersed Irene grinned as she watched through the mirror 'Oh quite alot my good man" she said listening to the man who seemed to be the victim's brother. "Shall we play with the poor fool's mind some more" she asked the snake on her shoulder as the mirror turned black and she looked through the memories of the young man's "ooh that's a good one" she said picking out a exceptionaly bad memory she brought the snake's head towards and pressed the it's forehead until a few drops of black venom dropped on it, "Now to watch"she said enjoying this way too much.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 09:42:42 pm »
Jacks vision of the dream had darkened out and his mind hoped that the nightmare would stop.  A thousand thoughts about what horrors he would have to relive crept along his mind.  As the nightmare took shape again, things seemed safe enough.  There were other people here and no sky for fire to rain down from in this simple room.  He didn't notice the screen that was in the room until it flickered to life.  It was Them making an open broadcast so They did to Their prisoners of war.
Jack screamed in his mind, told himself to close his eyes, to look away, to do anything to stop watching that screen.  This was all a just a memory though, a memory in which all he could do was stare and watch the screen.  He watched the screen as a terrified young man of oh so long ago as his father was kept alive through hours of torture and enduring pains that should have simply killed anyone in an instant.

Wraith was able to drag his brother to a bench and set him down.  He set on of his metal covered hands over Jack's head for a moment.  "Burning up," he said to himself with a touch of worry, "and me without a medpack on me."
Glancing about Wraith spotted a sign of a seller that had herbs.  Unfortionatly there was a crowd congregating in the his path towards it now.  Wraith gave his brother a pat on the shoulder and rushed quickly into the entrance of an ally.  He glanced about real quick to see if he could tell if anyone was looking his way, then suddenly he sank right into the ground.  A few moments he sprang up out of the ground by the herb seller.  "Excuse me," he tried to get the seller's attention as he fished his hands around his his robe to get some coins, "I need something that can lower a fever in a hurry."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:35 am »
"Oh yes here is a herbal tonic that lowers fevers" the booth owner said handing Wraith the bottle of dark purple colored liquid "It costs 10 coins please".

Back at the warehouse Irene was still watching the mirror when Kesai and Kululu zipped in , the male noticed the look on the       's face "Irene don't you think you're enjoying this too much?" was the question "Oh but he has such a interesting past and memories that I can play with" the teenagned      said with the gleefulness of a child in a toystore. "Right just don't go overboard" the leader of the Kumori warned 'Oh Kesai when have you ever known me to go overboard" the snake charmess said defensivley.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 02:59:13 pm »
Wraith quickly placed down the coins he had in his hand at the moment, which was actually fourteen of them.  "Thank you muchly!" he called to the seller and he hurried off and dive down behind a box.  He phased through the floor again, coming back up out in the alley-way from before.  Metal fingers fumbled slightly with the top of the bottle as he hurried back to his brother, one hand trying to keep his brother propped up and the other trying to be careful about pouring the liquid in his mouth.

Jack's mind had lost the will to scream as it was forced to relive the horror place before him.  He had never denied or forgotten these scenes, they were facts that he had pushed down as far as he could and never talked about.  There was nothing he could do but watch.  Suddenly he felt like he was choking for a moment and felt himself try to to react on instinct.

Jack coughed hard and some of the liquid spat out of his mouth.  Wraith eased back the bottle to pour more slowly as he felt his brother's arms flail and grab hold of him.  "Easy now Jack," he said to reassure him, though not knowing if he was actually hearing him, "You've got a high fever.  Just drink this stuff and we'll see what else we can do about it."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 03:32:16 pm »
Irene yawned she was getting quite tired at staring at that mirror "I think the fool deserve's to know what's happening to his brother don't you Mara" she said to the girl who was holding the mirror . Irene zipped down to the pair and sat on top of a street light post  "Oh dear he looks bad I wonder what's the matter with him?" she said and giggled "Perhaps he was bitten by a snake like this one" she said trying to fight back a wave of new giggles as she pet the black and purple serpent draped across her shoulders on the head. "Yep by now the poison probably spread through his body by now I wonder what kind of nightmares he's having right now hmm what do you think mr.armor?" she giggled again.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 04:36:25 pm »
Wraith stood up slowly from his brother and looked up at the girl.  His held tilted slightly as he examined her.  "And for what reason have you done this too him?" he asked, no emotion apparent in his voice at the moment, "Tell me, what has my brother done to deserve this?"

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 04:44:58 pm »
"It's simple my 'family' or group has one goal to cause beings who poses high spirit energy as much pain as they caused us does that answer your question it doesn't matter who the person is they all have the same terrible power in them so that's why but don't worry the poison won't kill but I'd watch him around weaponary and sharp objects wouldn't anybody to kill themselves and by the way that 2 bit tonic might lower the fever but it won't cure him of the poison or the nightmares that come with it" Irene giggled and zipped out so quickly that she was only a blur.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:29 pm »
Wraith pondered these words.  He looked at his brother and considered what could there be to do.  The quick solution was obvious, as he could always just separate Jack from the poison via a killing blow, and then his brother could sit in an animal form for a week.  That still left a group of people mindlessly attacking anyone with high spiritual energy.
Wraith gave his brother a pat on the shoulder.  "Don't know if you can hear me Jack, but we've been through a lot.  Anything they can put into your nightmares we've already been through, and we both no you're stronger than any of those horrors.  Stay strong while I teach these kids some manners."
Wraith gave another pat on his brothers shoulder, then pulled the money pouch off him, just in case someone thought to try to rob a sleeping man.  Glancing about as he wandered back into the alleyway again, he though about where they could be hiding.  Most likely close with how the girl had popped out and then ran off.  There were no open sewers that he saw while phased into the ground, which made sense, this being a space station.  He'd have to search abandoned buildings one at a time, phasing through the ground and floors to make it fast.  He hopped into the ground and began his search.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 01:08:54 pm »
Irene zipped back "I'm back" she announced, "Irene what did you do that?" Kesai asked, "I had to do somthing fun before we left" the girl replied . "Well it makes no difference are you all ready" the pryonetic asked the foru cloaked figures. They all nodded and as soon as they were there they were gone leaving nothing but an abandoned warehouse and discared food wrappers. In the corner a small crystal vial glistened in the noon sun inside was a amber colored liquid. "Oh yes so much fun" Irene thought as she left with the others.

ooc: the liquid is the anitdote (just to let you know)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal