Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Heaven Ain't Close In A Place Like This.((Posterbating))  (Read 685 times)

Anonymous

Heaven Ain't Close In A Place Like This.((Posterbating))
« on: April 11, 2009, 03:47:57 pm »
Ringing and beeping.
Beeping and ringing.

Idina was sitting in her room trying to ignore the sounds of her phone going off continually. The orange phone was jittering across the table next to her mattress on the floor. Her body was wrapped up in a dark red comforter. It was somewhat chilly in the room, the last thing she wanted to do was reach out her hand and see what everyone was talking to her about. She sat up slightly holding the blanket up over her chest. Her hair was all over the place some parts sticking up more than others. It had been a long night, and not in the way she normally wanted a night to be long, not at all.

It had been a night of insomnia, then when she finally fell asleep dreams took over. For a couple weeks she had been trying to stay in. Trying to keep herself from going out constantly. Relax a little. However, it was the last thing that she needed. Now she felt angrier, twitchy, growly. She rubbed her face. Her body hurt, the rest she had gotten for the two weeks wasn't anything near rest. It was her rolling around in bed by herself dreaming of claws, teeth, and chemicals she didn't have in her body when she wanted them.

Her green and blue eyes looked over to the table, like she was battling with deciding whether or not to see what all the vibrating was about. She pulled her pale arm out from under the cover and grabbed the phone. She opened it her fingers moving automatically to check her text messages. She had so many from last night, a couple were from drug dealers she had abandoned in other parts of the level. Idina was a person who didn't stick with drug dealers, she moved constantly. She had learned over the last few years to never stay in one place in Aedolis. People found you, knew you, could spot you in a crowd. She wasn't someone who wanted to be known, well she wanted to be known, but couldn't. It killed her, she was one person who loved attention.

She was still looking for something to help her. She wasn't even sure what she wanted. Something to cure her, to calm this animal inside of her? She wasn't even sure if anything existed that could help her. Her fingers clicked over the phone reading the messages. Noticing dirt under her nails she chewed at her nails as she read through them. Most were from her circle of friends, a couple from random acquaintances. Idina never stayed in one place too long, could never get close to people like she wanted. It left her with several one nights stands, or fuck buddy relationships and no real friends.

Idina though she would never admit it and no one may ever guess it was someone with low self esteem. She had to be noticed, had to be loved, she needed in a huge way people to tell her she was beautiful, to tell her that she had something about her, something they could see that made her special. She wanted people to love her, even if she couldn't. Idina had contemplated celibacy to get rid of this depression of never knowing anyone enough, it was out of the question for her body. It only made her more agitated, and that was something she couldn't handle being.

Soon the day that would mark a year of being a werewolf for her would show up. Not an anniversary she was looking forward to celebrating by any means. It was something she wished she could just forget. Something that could disappear and never come back. So many things had changed over that year. She had tried so many things to control the animal. So many things to keep it in it's cage. So many stages she had gone through, and she knew she wasn't done.

The first had given her scars all over her thighs. Idina had hoped that somehow hurting herself would relieve the tension, make the creature retreat, make it bow down and go away. Maybe she could cut it out. It only pleased the wolf inside her more to see her in pain. It was something she tried to keep as hidden as possible. It had been months since she'd done it, but something in the back of her mind lurked and waited for her to break down, waited for her to fail another way.

The second was drugs. She fell in with a group of punks, and hippie sorts. They ranged from being dabblers to full on dealers and addicts. They were a group that accepted her, wouldn't question her for experimenting, for doing what she wanted. Slowly but surely she got involved starting out slow and escalating. She focused on downers and things that would calm her, or make her happy. Anything that had a chance to make her angry or put her in a stressful situation she avoided entirely. Drug use had become a science for her, she knew what doses she could take easily, knew what her group of friends could take, she was like a pharmacist.

The group she hung out with never questioned her, never told her to be good, never ignored her like her parents. She refused to see the similarities in her old home life and this one. It was completely different to her. These people loved her, would care about her, never do anything to hurt her. Idina's life was something she had been hoping for, fun. Sometimes she thought that getting bitten was worth getting out of that house. She should have known it would lead down the wrong path, somewhere in her mind she knew, but with everyone telling you that you were right, it was hard to think that it was wrong.

Now she was starting to feel bored, wanting something bigger and better. The same drugs day in and day out had created a tolerance in her. One of the big reasons she had taken these two weeks off in the first place. Now alone in her room she could feel the creature inside her scratching on the glass cage that it was "trapped" in. It was letting it's fingernails drag across the glass leaving lines and the sound in it's wake. It was starting to weaken the integrity of the cage.

The third thing she had gotten was music. She had been involved with it in school sure but this was something different. It was a direct passion between the music and her. No middle man to slow down the transaction. She had started to learn different instruments, buying anything that would help her love of music. She had started of the guitar, drums had been part of her plan but they were way too expensive, so she had bongos instead.

She had take up music hoping it would be therapeutic like it use to be. It helps sometimes but when she hit on an instrument of train of thought that she wanted to avoid it was the complete opposite of what she wanted. She was hiding from these things not trying to drag them back out. Plus, the wolf in her seemed to love music. It helped her stay calm, but more and more often it was leaving her shaking and scared in her room her fingers wrapped around the instrument hugging it for dear life.

Idina had started trolling the internet looking for groups of people who might have gone through the same thing. Everything she found were stories, nothing that seemed right. Just sites and sites of people wanting to be bitten, telling ghost stories. It made her ache to think that some people would want their lives to change so drastically. All she wanted was for it to end. She had been to one group of people that she thought looked promising but turned out to be the same thing as the others. She was looking for something that didn't exist, a werewolf support group.

As she flipped through the text messages her smile slowly returned. Tonight was the night to go back out. Everyone might think she was dead otherwise! She hadn't even seen her roommate the last two days. She looked in her missed calls and he had indeed called her like she thought he might. It was time to do the last thing she should really do. Go out and do what she loved. The reprieve needed to end. Now.

Dropping the comforter to the bed she went to her cardboard box system of clothes keeping. She had moved in with Tyler Altec, one of the guys from her group of friends a couple months ago. He was one of the more interesting of the group to her. The house was sort of rundown, but still middle caste. Idina felt that was moving up as opposed to living in some ratty apartment. Normally their friends moved through paying rent when it was needed. It was easy for them to keep up with the rent.

She grabbed underclothes pulling them on. Following up with a short black skirt, slip on red shoes and a red and black sleeveless top that was very low cut and showed some of her stomach. She hopped down the hallway to the large bathroom and found Tyler standing in front of the mirror looking at himself and adjusting his hair.

"Well holy shit, if it isn't Idina Pascal. What the fuck are you doing here?" She pecked him on the cheek as she went by to look at herself in the extra mirror propped up next to his.

"Well, if you aren't arrogant I don't know what is Tyler." She looked out of the corner of her eyes at him a small grin on her face. He gave her a finger snap of 'Oh no you didn't' and got back to adjusting his outfit. He was wearing blue and black to match his hair which he had spiked up and dyed a bright ass blue she had never seen him wear before. He looked like a giant bruise.

"You're going out tonight, right? Even though you were judgin on my outfit? I saw you Dina." He put his hands on his hips and turned to face her. "I don't know how anyone couldn't want this, or how you can't find it attractive girl. Not that I'd let you touch me anyway. Ew." She rolled her eyes at him and turned to face him.

"Yes I am, and I wasn't judging your outfit Tyler! Just you!" She smiled then turned back to the mirror. She pulled her shirt and skirt a bit to set them up correctly and started to apply some make-up. When she was done she looked at herself in the mirror and ran her hands down her curves a smile resting on her lips. She looked over to see Tyler looking at her. "What?!"

"Who's arrogant now Chica?"

"Nowhere near you Tyler love."

"Got your flow? Time to leave Flowerchild."

They got a lift from one of their friends they nicknamed Metro because no one was really sure what his sexual preference was. Tyler swore he was gay, mostly because he wanted to bang the poor brunette. He was one of the few people in the circle with wheels. As Idina came close to the car he leaned across the passenger seat and opened the door looking at her.

"Your carriage darlin'." She stuck her tongue out at Tyler who gave her the finger behind his back as he got into the backseat. On the ride there they passed around a joint which Idina took very thankfully. Having a week of no drugs behind her that weed hit her fast and hard. Her mind felt clouded already and it felt damn fantastic. Tyler lit up a cigarette following that and leaned back putting his feet on Idina's shoulder.

"Tonight will be goooood."

When they arrived at the party Metro split off from them. Idina took this moment as Tyler decided where to go to observe the sort of people at the party. It was one of those drug mixers. People from the middle and upper caste were here. Fewer upper caste people of course, most just took their drugs at home and tried to stay away from any sort of place that they could be seen. She liked the upper caste people that took the risks, took the chances, they were always more interesting. She spotted Amelia Benfield, one classy lady in her book. The lady had taken Idina home on more than one occasion. That wasn't what Idina was looking for tonight though.

Then she felt Tyler's fingers wrap around his wrist and grab hard. His hands were sweaty. She looked over at him tapping his eyes weren't looking at her but across the room. He must be nervous, a boy or some drug dealer that was interesting him. She followed his gaze and saw first a bright orange splash of spiky hair. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw him. He was gorgeous. He had a fox shaped face sort of triangular, he was pale and had the sort of eyes that made you look at them. As he talked to a girl he had to lean down because he was so tall. She felt her and Tyler's friendship going up in flames already.

His grip got harder on her wrist and he pulled her through behind him. She kept trying to look everywhere but at the man Tyler was obviously interested in but couldn't seem to stop herself. She felt terrible. She knew it would be all over when the guy looked at her, she wouldn't be able to stop herself from flirting, she would dig a hole so deep things would go so badly. Except at the moment she couldn't bring herself to care. He had a presence like she had never seen anyone have. Then they got to him. The man's eyes went to Tyler first, she watched his mouth moving as he spoke but couldn't really hear anything, she noticed his eyes were two different colors, red and purple, she felt a kinship with him automatically. Then she heard her name and looked to Tyler the sound coming back into the room.

"...and Idina, Frazier." He gestured to her then Frazier obviously introducing him, that was permission to look at him right? She turned her head in what felt to her like a slow manner but the moment probably was gone in a moment. The man looked to her following the connection her and Tyler's hands made then let his eyes slide up from her feet to her face. Then a smile that she could only describe like heat lightning was on his face. She felt a pleasurable shiver as he did it and bit her lip, then he spoke in a sort of accented voice that she had never heard before.

"Hello Foxy Lady."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:39:26 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Heaven Ain't Close In A Place Like This.((Closed))
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:57:48 pm »
Well...my God.

Who knew Altec had such...
interesting friends. And by interesting, I mean fucking hot.

Frazier had this little inkling just by Altec's facial expressions that he was very, very threatened by Idina. As far as Frazier was concerned he certainly should be. The curves on that girl made him imagine where he'd like to put his hands, which was pretty much all over her. She'd be so much more entertaining than Tyler...so...much.. .more. Mmmm. He saw a pink tint to her cheeks even in the dark, he wanted to pretend it was all him, but it was really hot in the club.

"Hello yourself." Her head lifted up and her eyes connected as she spoke. She had two different colored eyes as well. He had been too busy looking at the rest of her to notice it the first time around. Her voice hit him and it had that warm quality you just wanted you just wanted to sliiiiide into. Their eyes remained locked for a moment till a hand touched Frazier's back and he looked over his shoulder quickly. Oh lovely, one of the upper parasites.

Ariana stood behind him in a long white skirt and a white corset top pushing her together. Her chest was still pretty unremarkable. Frazier shook his head at her. She had this beautiful dark skin but such a horribly disgusting personality. Ariana was one of the snooty women. She was never quite satisfied with anything Frazier would give her, even when he did his best, which he thought was all the time. How dare she assume less of him.

"Ari." Her name came out flatly from his mouth, he had figured out how to deal with her a long time ago. Pretend he was completely uninterested in her sale. Then she reacted the way he always did, he chased it more. She even chased him more after that. He was slightly ashamed to say that he hadn't turned her down every time.  She started to speak and even the way her voice sounded was snooty.

"Inness, I'd hope you're more excited to see me than that. It would be too bad if you lost your sale and your fun for the night if I simply just walked..." In the middle of her speech he glanced over his shoulder for just a split second to see Tyler holding onto Idina's arm talking to her. The red headed woman's eyes lifted up to meet his at the moment he turned and they caught there for a moment. Tyler's expression was filled with irritation. "...away and all that money found it's way into another dealer's pocket. I'm sure you'd be very upset wouldn't you Frazier?" His teeth were grinding together just slightly as he turned to face her.

"Ariana, too he honest I don't think you'd ever take your business to another dealer. And I think it's because you're in love with me, now don't be shy dear, I know you love the best of everything." She rolled her eyes and they did an exchange of credits for a baggie of some white substance. Ariana had yet to by Bacchanal, he really wished she would maybe it would take the stick out of her tight ass.

The fairy turned back to see Idina standing with her arms crossed loosely as Altec was talking to some woman with bright pink hair. She was obviously uninterested. Then she met Frazier's eyes and moved forward. He gave a small smirk and leaned down when she got closer. Just that little movement was a big deal to Frazier, he normally made people stretch to meet him. However, he'd do a lot of things to get his hands on Idina. She put a warm hand on his arm as she spoke to him and his mind wandered to wondering if the rest of her was just as warm...or warmer.

"I need something calming Frazier." Her voice still had that warm quality that made him think of chocolate or something melting. He put one of his hands over her hand that rested on his arm and spoke into her ear his breath brushing her hair.

"Well I'm certainly not the answer."

"Oh, I can already tell that darlin'." He squeezed her hand and dropped his from hers to grab something from his coat. He couldn't remember the last time someone had called him darlin' and it wasn't patronizing or asshole-ish.  And her response had been so quick he wasn't prepared with a quip back.

"Well darlin'..." He mocked her a smile wrapping around the words and she gave him a small poke in the arm. "I might have an answer for you however." She put out her other hand ready to do an exchange. He leaned down further taking her hand putting a sample baggie in her palm, feeling the smooth of her hands. He put his lips right by her ear his breath blowing back her hair just slightly.

"What kind of man do you think I am? I'd never make you pay the first time."

"Oh! Finally a real gentleman, you can so rarely find them nowadays." He let go of her hand but leaned forward just a little more his lips brushing her ear.

"I don't know if I'd say I have the manners of one." He started to stretch back up to his full height when she stopped him with a hand on his chest and he leaned his ear towards her.

"I'd hope not. Now where can I go to try this. Guide me master."

Oh say it again. You don't even realize what fire you're fanning Darling. You might wish you hadn't.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Heaven Ain't Close In A Place Like This.((Posterbating))
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:50:39 am »
Maybe master was too much? Perhaps she shouldn't be so outright?

It was always hard for Idina to curb her flirtation. She was just one of those cuddly people in general. She liked to touch what pleased her. Right now? Frazier pleased her, just by looking at him. The look on his face though was anything but disgusted, far from it. He looked very engaged, interested in everything she said. Either that was honest or he knew how to fake it. She slid her hand into his. His skin felt so damn warm, his smile grew just a bit wider if that was even possible, maybe it was something with his eyes. He started taking her with him through the crowd.

Idina looked over her shoulder just once back towards where Tyler had been standing. He was still distracted. He might not notice their getaway? She knew, just knew that this was a horrible, terrible idea. Tyler obviously had some sort of attachment to Frazier, who knew how deep that attraction went, with Tyler could have just been possessiveness  for the sake of being possessive. He should have known better though, when you have a catch and you want it, you hold onto it. Don't let it out of your sight.

Tyler and Idina normally operated on a very simple basis. 'You bring home who you want I'll still love you.' Even if the person had been involved with the other at some point it normally worked out. There was a ton of crossover in the scene anyway, if a girl wanted to get laid she had to accept that she'd be getting it on with someone who knew or had been inside most of her friends. Add the factor of hardly anyone being completely straight? Well the scene was a jumbled mess of gossip and tangled bodies. Up until this moment Idina had never really worried about it, she could feel something though, something was coming.

Frazier spun her into a room under his arm like he was finishing a dance. He put his other hand on the small of her back pushing her towards a couch. She leaned against him looking at the other couples in the room. A few were smoking, it was hard to tell what so much smell was in the air. A couple others were wrapped around each other their tongues in their significant others mouth. He motioned to the couch and let go of her hand as she sat down. He sat close to her their knees touching.

"Bringing me to a room like this? Someone might think you're up to something sir." He pointed at himself managing the best innocent face he could pull. It actually was a little convincing.

"Me? All lies, reputations and gossip of course." He smirked at her and she felt her heart jump in her chest hard.

How did he do that?

"So, how do you know my Ty-Ty?" She slid a lighter out of her pocket and lit the joint leaning back against the couch and taking in a long hit. It tasted...like cinnamon...somethin g like that, sort of spicy...delicious. It coated her throat well she didn't cough once. He seemed amused at her nickname for Tyler.

"A mutual friend...Carla?" He seemed hesitant to mention the woman. "They were at a concert I happened to show up to." Idina nodded and pointed when he mentioned Carla. She knew that woman. She was one of those burn out types, lost most of the time clear once in a million years. She was just eccentric. Carla had money out the ass, she could have lived upper caste all the way till she died. Instead, she lived in the lowers. There were lots of whispered secrets about illegal books and everything else.

Idina really doubted that if Carla had any the lady would even remember where they were. Tyler was always saying how they could trust her taking Idina over there, basically to bum drugs and money. She couldn't bring herself to trust the woman. Bad vibes. Not just sometimes...all the time. Letting out the smoke she grinned.

"Carla hmmm? She's...." Frazier interrupted her with a laugh.

"Batshit crazy? Oh yeah. Seems like she always has been. I'm not saying I'm the picture of sanity but she..."

"Is something else." He nodded and pointed at the joint reminded Idina. She took another hit.

"It's so true, every time I go over there she wants to show me this damn picture album. The ones in the green binder?" Idina nodded emphatically as he asked. "She calls every single person a different name whenever she shows it to me. The only thing that stays the same is the name of that weird cat...thing." Idina laughed smoke shooting out of her mouth.

"Every. Single. Time." She poked the joint towards him to punctuate her words. "Tyler always acts so interested and shit. I just look at them like..."She tilted her head scrunching her nose up disbelief in her eyes. "Sometimes I think he's gonna run off with her and go have crazy little children." He laughed letting his arm drop behind her. She glanced up at him and leaned a bit closer to him.  a small moment of charge silence followed. Then he spoke breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I've been over there a couple times with him. Woman cooks a mean pie, but...yeah. Plus all those rumors about the illegal books. I ain't never seen them of course, but she seems like the type, like maybe she drugged her brain away to forget something that she knew." His voice grew quiet for a minute. Idina leaned closer handing the joint towards him. He put a hand up surprise on his face.

"That's yours Idi." He was already shortening her name. It gave her a race of warmth up her neck where his arm was rubbing against her slightly.

"Oh I insist. I'm not selfish." He took the joint between his fingers leaning just a little bit closer to her. She could feel the space between them easily. The tension you could cut with a knife? Oh yes, it was there. Hot and heavy. Something was wrong about it which made it all the more intriguing, made it just a little bit better. Frazier blew out some smoke and she leaned in closer, then stopped.

Before she was too far gone...

"What's the deal with you and Tyler?"

Anonymous

Re: Heaven Ain't Close In A Place Like This.((Posterbating))
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:50:09 pm »
Fuckin Tyler.

She just had to ask about him about the deal with him and Tyler. He couldn't lie outright to her. There had been some drama. Tyler had tried to hold on too hard to what wasn't his. He thought Frazier was a one person guy. Things just did not work that way. Tyler wasn't even interesting enough to consider losing a few out of Frazier's fan base. He certainly couldn't say that to Idina, they seemed close. He wasn't sure how...Idina seemed so much more interesting.

Perhaps Tyler was one of those moths. Frazier knew a few of them. Moths seemed to be pretty rampant in the scene these days. They were these sad beings that latched onto people smarter, prettier, more well connected, interesting or richer than them. It was sometimes a combination of any of these characteristics. They went after these people like a moth to a bright light. Banging into it repeatedly like its shine would rub off on them. Maybe Idina was Tyler's light. Maybe she liked praise as much as Frazier did. Not like that was unheard of.

Now, what was he going to tell her? He had to weave it to be less than it was. Tyler had been obsessed with him at one point. He'd even shown up at his house a couple times uninvited. It was an intrusion that Frazier did not take lightly. His home was a fairly private place. He only brought people he really wanted there, or if he recognized them as no threat. Tyler was neither with his crazy ass attitude. Frazier had to let him down somewhat hard. It may have involved some sort of physical violence.

Frazier couldn't let Idina know the full extent though, not yet. She'd be gone before he could blink.

"We...wanted different things. I wanted less, he wanted more. If you get my meaning. He wanted it...a lot more." He handed the joint over to her. He was trying to appear relaxed when in all actuality he wasn't sure Idina wouldn't leave. She seemed interested enough, though she might be able to put up a good front. That was a risk with anyone, didn't matter the gender. He wanted her to stay. She appeared to even be considering leaving. She had a finger to her pursed lips which looked amazing.

"Yeah, I think I understand. He's got some problems with that." Idina nodded. She didn't seem to be going anywhere. He took another hit of the drug and smirked as he held it in. Her eyes were watching him closely. She seemed so entranced with the world around her. It was genuine excitement. He hadn't seen someone with that in their eyes for a long time. He let the smoke out slowly and handed the joint back to her.

He swallowed carefully. Idina was the kind of girl a guy might lose his mind over, just by looks alone. He grinned at her and let his arm drop to around her shoulders.

"So, what's the deal with you and Tyler?" He had to return the favor after all. He couldn't be the only one getting questioned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal