Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Conversation File: N. Macario Transfer  (Read 883 times)

Anonymous

Conversation File: N. Macario Transfer
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:30:06 am »
[center:72sg1f8y]<All Seekers except Alesku would have access to this file>[/center:72sg1f8y]

Code: [Select]
To: < Seekers >

You're to arrange security for the transportation of the Scientist.

Alesku is not to take part in this, he's suspended from this mission until further notice.

- Imperial Xhi

Hopefully, all of you are aware of this already. We all need to decide what the safest and covert way is to move Macario. Thoughts on this seekers? We need to find a way to do this quietly, there's no doubt that Gospels will probably be watching, or even if they perhaps are not we should take steps as if they are. We are operating one short so we need to make sure we are all one hundred percent on this.

-D. Blake-
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Conversation File: N. Macario Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:29:21 pm »
Covert, or horrendously open? Do we want to hide our actions, or raise an open challenge?

We could attempt to intimidate the Gospels and send a large mass of ships (and relatively few Seekers) to retrieve him- provided that they're aware of this, such a large group should prevent them from effectively acting. The chances of outside sources coming in to interfere should be reduced. At the same time, having most of the Seekers remain in the Citadel will assure that no one can strike us once they think we are 'gone'.

Of course, this route is more expensive, naturally. But the chances of direct confrontation should be small. If we are to take this route, we need every ship to be assuredly flying under our banner, lest we get him... only to have him slip away because of one traitor in our midst. This route would be much harder to manage (especially since we could only deploy a few Seekers to ensure security here), but should be less prone to Gospel intervention.

Or, as Danica has proposed, we can go as quietly as we can, and hope to slip under the radar (provided that the Gospels are aware of it). If we can get him out of TRIM and back to Aedolis, we should have little problem keeping him under Seeker guard.

Either way, if they're watching, it'll make a statement.

Will it be as the intimidating sentinel, or as a rat among the reeds?

-Darsche

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:23 am »
The Gospels will be undoubtably aware of this, so my suggestion is as follows.

We send a cruiser. Nice and flashy, to collect the prisoner. We make it well known he is coming.

Two of us and a small crew, squad of marines and such take an unmarked civilian transport and, under the guise of a delivery to TRIM of supplies, retreive Maracio and bring him back. The gospels won't have any idea.

I suggest myself and Blake. Her abilities will be....usefull in the rare chance of a gospel strike on the transport.

Darshe, I would suggest, would be abourd the cruiser in a very public capacity.

M.Richards.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »
That works for me Richards. That works both sides of what we could do. Thinking big and it makes sense. We have the resources why not use them.

You know I'm always up for active duty, even though sometimes you fail that.

I could not resist Marshal, I'm sure you'll forgive me.

-D.Blake

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 05:49:23 pm »
Oh I agree Blake. Sometimes when the mission isn't very attractive I need some oral convincing, but you've always had a quick tongue. I'm sure we'll be fine.

M.Richards

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 02:31:05 am »
Sadly you fail on both counts.

-D. Blake-

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:08:36 am »
Hey Marshal....

I really think, especially with one man down, it would be prudent to use all of our resources and take everyone available. (Seeker wise)  if something goes wrong, having more men then to fend for it would make more sense.

Not to mention, no offense, I would really appreciate being included in this procedure and I'm sure that if anyone else was left out would agree.  I joined the seekers to help out, I'm not about to sit on the sidelines.

~Soren

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 11:44:43 am »
It would be lovely to take everyone, I'd love to have the risk lowered. However, if we take all the seekers and something does happen while we're away or on the mission itself we could loose all of us. Which is the last thing we need right now, or ever really.

Plus, all of the seekers disappearing at once if the Gospels found out they would have a field day.

-Danica Blake-

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 07:53:53 am »
No offense...

But I think the Gospels are at least a little bit intelligent and would realize that something was going on if even some of us disappeared.  It won't take a lot of research for them to figure out that the scientist is about to be transported.  Having any of us disappear will be a big tip-off.  Even though we'd like to believe that they're all idiots, fact of the matter is they haven't been caught yet so unfortunately the idiot idea doesn't work.

So, I stand by my opinion that leaving some behind is irresponsible and idiotic.  We'll basically be handing the scientist over to them.

-Soren

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 08:23:24 am »
The two of us will not be traveling completely alone, we will be traveling with soldiers as well.

It makes no sense to take all of the seekers with us. Leaving The Citadel here completely empty of us. That could give the Gospels plenty of time to start causing trouble here. That could also be what they are waiting for, an opening. We need to keep our defenses up here as well. Otherwise we could give them exactly what they want. A seeker free Citadel.

I also never implied the Gospels were not intelligent, obviously if they were the group we have here would have no trouble tracking them. I like to overestimate them and never underestimate. I'd rather be let down and disappointed in myself for not catching them if they are in fact idiots than think they are below me and have them surprise me.

-D. Blake-

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:21 pm »
Alesku's not coming, he's not allowed.

We won't all be gone.

-Soren

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:28:27 pm »
So you would be comfortable with leaving one Seeker here at home? I would never be comfortable with doing that unless we knew that all the Gospels were in one place and we were going there. I have already said my piece I'll let other voice it after this reply, but really it's very dangerous. They could be waiting for a large amount of us to leave. That's my opinion, obviously.

Believe me Soren, if I could I would avoid going into space with Richards alone.

-D. Blake-

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 08:14:08 am »
Great.

So glad I joined an organization where I get to do nothing.

Thanks guys.

So glad to be here.

Why don't I just leave it all to the people who "know best" and just leave you alone.  Find a new seeker who's more willing to sit back and twiddle their thumbs.  I'm sure you'll find someone to replace me quickly.

-Soren

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »
Well Soren to be honest if you are doing nothing then you are doing the job wrong. We still need to figure out our pairs of people for The Panopticon Project. You could be working on that? Really you are acting somewhat spoiled, not everyone goes on missions all the time. Next time you can go pick up the mad scientist. We can not bicker at each other we need to keep the goals in mind and not worry about our own objectives.

-D. Blake-

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 04:16:45 pm »
Control yourself Pilot Danahugh.

If you are unable to handle indipendence you are free to relinquish your Seeker access.

You have not been selected for this mission, it is not a matter for further discussion, especially if you're just going to pout.

This is not a social club, we are not concerned over your feelings, we do not care if you feel excluded. The mission requires no more than two Seekers. Any more would arouse gospel suspicion, any less would be foolish. If you wish you may join the cruiser and form a distraction.

-Richards

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal