Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Conversation File: Pilot Blog Hack  (Read 368 times)

Anonymous

Conversation File: Pilot Blog Hack
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:50:09 am »
[center:35eygx0r]< The following file is a transcript of a discussion of the seekers. They have been color coded and tagged.>[/center:35eygx0r]

FILE NAME: Pilot Blog Hack

[center:35eygx0r][BEGIN TRANSCRIPT][/center:35eygx0r]

______ITEM: PilotBlog Hack_________

quoting
    >>>>>>>  Trace complete. Displaying WHOIS.

OrgName: Citadel VCNSP
OrgID: CIT-VCNSP
Address: Room 272, Level 2
City: Haviah Upper
Jurisdiction: Aedolis

Designation: Subnetwork, Pilot Imperial
NameServer: OPI.CIT.AED
Comment: Individual access only. Pilots below Imperial rank are not cleared to operate on this network.

Account details blank or corrupted, could not recover.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For interrogation: Mauburin and Lockwood.
-what are the odds either is really a Gospel?
-possibilities: either Gospel infighting or setup.
-trace goes back to Imperial.
-Am I the only one who feels this is a wild goose chase designed to keep our eyes off the real Gospel activity? (Alesku)

It doesn't hurt to be suspicious of those two, considering they were high on the list already. It seems almost... no. I wouldn't say it would be too brazen for them.

I will conduct the interrogation of Mauburin. Thank you for sending out a kind... 'invitation' to our suspected Gospel. (Darsche)

Was that an error?  They obviously knew there would be suspicion.  The posts were quite public.  In addition, I think we might do well to have more than one interrogator per suspect, and to focus on enquiries as to the identity of the Gospel(s) who may have set it up.  

Note:  Lockwood's hacked(?) message was signed 'C'.  Mauburin's was unsigned but composed along the same style.  Why? (Alesku)

Realize what your implications were- the Gospels are aware of who we suspect, if those messages were indeed hacked. If that's the case, we have to take into consideration how they got this information- did we not only send it to the Imperial? (Darsche)

You cannot be implying that the Imperial is a Gospel.  It is quite possibly mere coincidence.  That Mauburin is suspected is common knowledge, and Lockwood has enemies, especially among the /candidates/.  In addition, I did not forward the complete list to the Imperial, so the point is moot.  I do not seriously suspect him for a moment. (Alesku)

There is no way that a Candidate could have access to the Imperial terminal- not in person, nor would they be in possession of hacking methods that could successfully infiltrate that terminal. I'm not saying that the Imperial is a Gospel- I merely brought up the possibility that there may have been a time when the data had been compromised or shared while on its way to the Imperial. Surely that possibility can't be denied.

Unless someone has been rather loose-lipped with our suspects, which seems highly unlikely. (Darsche)

Our suspect list comprises a great many Pilots.  It could be coincidence.  I did discuss it with the Imperial but--no, I refuse to believe it.

All of this is of only trivial importance.  Obviously some Gospel came to the same conclusions we have--and admit our analysis has not been deep enough yet--and chose two suspects who were somewhat plausible.  The real question is, first, what will the interrogations yield.

Second: what was the /content/ of the message supposed to do?  The message attached to Lockwood's post implied some mission had been accomplished.  (Alesku)

Wonderful, you've closed your eyes to an option. Careful, the slope ahead is slippery, Alesku.

The interrogations will begin as soon as possible.

I wish I knew. Do we have any guesses?(Darsche)

Technically anyone could be corrupt, though it's a very slim chance that it actually was the Imperial. (Danica)

More to the point: does it matter?  We lack conclusive evidence.  I think we should focus on the message. (Alesku)

I agree Alesku, it's more likely there's something hidden in it, or it was a sort of signal for some plan they had to begin or start another phase. Though they may be acting just to get us angry and swipe at hints they are feeding us. No harm in investigating though. (Danica)

Indeed.  After all, it is those two for /some/ reason.(Alesku)

***ITEM: EVIDENCE. ________

Lockwood (posted 1100:06 hours)
>>>>>>>
All is go, Sylph. Peace and Love. Best wishes to Richards and the rest of you lot. Stay safe! -C
>>>>>>>>

Mauburin (posted 1900:10 hours)

>>>>>>
Still feeling secure? Peace and Love. Stay safe, Pilots--but not too safe. Over and out.
>>>>>>

What do we make of this?

"All is go, Sylph."  I am guessing, therefore, this is actually /not/ engineered by Sylph.  More points toward its status as distraction.  Or not... (Alesku)

It's very vague of course. I'm not sure what to think of it. There's the fact is could be a distraction, but then they might assume we'll think that. It takes us around in a circle. I think following the questioning route is the best step we can take, if we come up blank we move to other options. (Danica)

Obviously we should treat it completely seriously.  Report back after questioning.  I was only saying we ought to broaden the range of questioning to include ideas as to who might have been the framer--though obviously we should not /pose/ the questions in that fashion.(Alesku)

Are there any Pilots that may have grudges against these two? Maybe look at it from that angle perhaps? Wanting some sort of revenge may result in this kind of framing. (Danica)

It may not even be against both of them. Recall that Mauburin's post isn't signed- perhaps it's the work of a different Gospel? (Darsche)

It's a possibility of course. Though, it happening very close together suggest it could be just one. I would assume it's some sort of veiled communication between two Gospels. (Danica)

That is a definite possibility.  The unsigned post--Sylph?  C was addressing Sylph, remember. (Alesku)

That's definitely plausible. The response fits, in a sense. I'm still wondering if they're jerking our chain, or if it's a real message relay- perhaps about those... ah, what did you refer to them as? The 'cure', or something of the sort? (Darsche)

Why they would communicate over the Pilot blog I have no idea--unless our increased surveillance is working.  I am crosschecking terminal timestamps.

--sifting data on Fala Mauburin:

QUOTE:

>> decrypting...

>>postname/Fala Mauburin
>>addsig
>>disable/editpost
>>content...

/QUOTE

Looks like a hack, all right.  Who wants to bet the same thing happened with Lockwood?  

QUOTE:

>> decrypting...

>>postname/Shiloh Lockwood
>>addsig
>>disable/editpost
>>content...

/QUOTE

Right.  That's not much to go on, it looks like they wiped their fingers pretty clean on this one.  We do know it appears to be a hack, but that's all we know. (Alesku)

Because, for all we know, they could have hacked their posts themselves, or hacked each others'. It will do no harm to interrogate them both, regardless of this new information. (Darsche)

Obviously. (Alesku)

Your sarcasm is endearing, Alesku. (Darsche)

That was not sarcasm, I think we do need to interrogate them carefully.  Trust me, Darsche, I am not a sarcastic person.  Take what I write on its face--it will be more productive for us all. (Alesku)

We have more important things to do than bicker I'm sure. Let's not let the way the Pilot blogs goes become this place. (Danica)

Fair.  Interrogation assignment on Lockwood should wait for Marshal, so I say, Darsche, feel free to begin with Mauburin.  When Marshal arrives we can discuss Lockwood further, as well as Mauburin--they are, I believe, close. (Alesku)

Apologies for the misinterpretation of tone- as Danica stated, perhaps I've looked a bit too much at the miscreants in the Pilot blogs. No offense intended, of course.

I'll begin post haste. If anyone is close to Mauburin, it's Marshal. 'Joined at the hip' is the term I believe is appropriate? (Darsche)

For sure, if there's one thing Marshal knows it's the women he's with when he's with them. Satori being an example. (Danica)

Speak no ill of those not present.  Still, I think it best if someone else interrogates Mauburin first.  Hence, Darsche.  I can take Lockwood, unless, of course, Marshal objects.  (Alesku)

Are we going to have more than one seeker present at the interrogations? (Danica)

I don't think that's necessary.  We can, however, interrogate multiple times, different Seeker each time.  Now I think, unless someone has anything to add--wait for Marshal on the interrogation issue? (Alesku)

Agreed. I believe I'm done here. I will return when the interrogation is complete. (Darsche)

[center:35eygx0r][END TRANSCRIPT][/center:35eygx0r]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal