Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Conversation File: Gospel Hotlist Discussion/Sylph Report  (Read 358 times)

Anonymous

Conversation File: Gospel Hotlist Discussion/Sylph Report
« on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:54 am »
[center:27wn1pj4]< The following file is a transcript of a discussion of the seekers. They have been color coded and tagged.>[/center:27wn1pj4]

FILE NAME: Gospel Hot List/Sylph Report

[center:27wn1pj4][BEGIN TRANSCRIPT][/center:27wn1pj4]

Potential Gospel Hot List.
-terminals to be  marked, messages timestamped and sieved
-training to be  monitored
-Axis Point interrogation recommended in times of high stress
(Alesku)
-Candidates' terminals to be marked as a precaution (Darsche)

1) Roman (mentioned in Gospel communiques, hot-tempered but sometimes oddly... not.  In a word, irregular.  Then there's the missing brother, his odd closeness to former Candidate Tierney... he's independent, smart enough and with his hands in enough pies--he can engineer things others can't.  If he's not  on board, I'd like to know how the Gospels have succeeded; furthermore, why hasn't he done more to help /us/?)
2) Remi  (his relationship to his deceased wife, I. Talbotte, /confirmed Gospel/)
3) Alaric  (bitterness, links to known malcontents)
4) Gabe (the intransigence and nonconformity--and computer savvy.  Most importantly, his Candidate Alaina Elise seems to have been a Gospel pawn. That in itself is worthy of suspicion.  If that weren't enough, Dragon Siren is the offspring of Tora's Dragon Whiro, both of whom are x-facts and irregulars regarding the Network)
5) Seiteki (too old for her rank, angry, an obvious suspect, and, as Danica points out, her Dragon may be compromised)
6) Liv (erratic, irregular)
7) Latona [inactive lately]
8 ) Trance?  (utterly irregular)
9)  Blaine Clé (I don't know, I just get a feeling about him, maybe it's all the /courtmartials/.  Precognition is the only thing that makes him valuable.  He is otherwise a dissenter who should be TRIMed)

Can Seekers agree on this list?  We need to report to the Imperial. (Alesku)

I agree to it. It sounds like a pretty thorough list- let me check it out again, though. (Darsche)

Frankly, I'm mixed on whether or not we ought to report to the Imperial on this matter.  My sense of duty, which, I agree, is perhaps /overdeveloped/, prompts me to consider it--but no one is uncompromisable... (Alesku)

Of course not. But I'd prefer to let the Imperial know what we've seen/suspected, as of late. Best not to withhold information at such a critical time, what with the recent influx of suspects. (Darsche)

The list seems finely tuned. I'd agree on it. I understand your fear in turning over to the Imperial, you are right something anyone can be compromised. I believe thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and turn over the list, or at least some version of it. (Danica)

It could be dangerous to accuse Rosales.  He's a fellow Royal.  But the signs are /there./ (Alesku)

Not to mention a suspect for two, not one of the Gospels. It's slightly unnerving, and yet it's a risk I believe we should take for the benefit of Aedolis. I understand your hesitance, but it's probably better to take the fall now for a wrong guess, rather than to wait it out until the worst comes to pass...(Darsche)

We need to get a confirmation on Pilot Richard's end as well, then we decide
whether to send it off, in my opinion, we all should have a choice in it. (Danica)

Agreed.  I am only finalising the list. (Alesku)

Agreed, as well. Added something up top- we should monitor the suspects' Candidates' terminals, as well. You never know if another Candidate will be used as a Gospel pawn. (Darsche)

What do we think of Intram, everyone?  (Alesku)

I think Intram is...psychotic maybe to wrapped up in himself to be a Gospel really, however he is suspicious. Though I have a feeling that's just his nature. (Danica)

I'm in agreement on this point, as well- he seems odd, but a bit too selfish to be a Gospel. Even though that in itself could be a ruse, I see no point in suspecting him at this point in time. (Goodness, all this agreement would be grating on my nerves, normally.) (Darsche)

To be frank, agreement is dangerous for those in our position.  Resist.  Check up on your own former Candidates.  We may begin with speculation, but starting from home might be a better idea.  And we should immediately begin sifting data into the files of the below list.  Timestamps, people.  Have we updated the code on timestamps?  Are they tamperable?  Last time the Gospels did a decent job changing their time and location stamps; obviously the Pilots may need to do the same thing to cover for activity gaps.  More Gospel activity -- less Pilot activity.  If we figure out which ones are screwing with code we have something. (Alesku)

I'll speak with my dragon about seeing which Pilots have been tampering with coding- she can't stand it, which is beneficial for us. How many technologically-savvy Pilots do we have, that could code such things? (Darsche)

Gabe and Alaric are high on the list just from assumption, they seem to be very involved with the network and computers. The dragon may not be able to detect the Pilots tampering but it's worth a sweep. Fala is certainly added because getting close with Marshal could be a ploy. I don't know if her dragon has been looked into yet or not. I don't believe so. Trance's dragon might be one to look into as well. I've heard that it guides him around at night or something insane like that. (Danica)

That should put Pilot Mauburin on the list, as well. (Darsche)

Agreed, she was on my list above.  Her Dragon is irregular, have we looked into this?

If Trance's persona is anything like what it appears, and in my experience depth can be faked but shallowness only less so--even if he is a Gospel, I am not particularly worried.  I am worried about his Dragon; the individual is useless. (Alesku)

He could be used to find other perhaps, if he is a Gospel. If Trance is a Gospel, I agree he doesn't seem to play as much of a threat. Agreed completely on the Dragon point. We need to find a way to check on these dragons. I'll get Roland to keep an eye out on the dragon's as well. In any case Alesku we will have to move as quickly as possible. (Danica)

I'd be careful about such assumptions, however. As Alesku stated, it's his Dragon that would be a possible compromise in security. Agreed. Irregularity to that extent, along with their unusual Pilot partners... it's got me a little nervous, to be frank. Serise will keep an eye on Pilot tampering, in the meantime. (Darsche)

I'll get Calliope to look into a few of the other Dragons.  I trust her implicitly and completely.  She herself is very, very uneasy about suspicious Dragons.  Is the Network breaking up?  This could be extremely dangerous.  A few of the things on Sylph's blog lately imply... well, need not be alarmist.  If Dragons are compromised, however--

Item two (or four or five, apologies): Aedolis proper.  The lower city.  I say we start regular patrols, and not just regular militia--psychics. (Alesku)

To watch out for what is mentioned is Sylph's blog I assume? To catch the beginnings of it? (Danica)

Better safe than sorry. (Darsche)

Remember, even if Sylph is trying to mislead us: following a misdirection will still tell us something about his/her/its motivation.  I say we /take/ the information the Gospels feed us.  Contact more Gospels directly.  Make them paranoid.  Make them wonder if they have more than one mole. (Alesku)

It sounds like it would play out well. Have them distrusting each other. Best to drop a snake in the nest, even if it's a fake one. Someone might just jump out. Who would you send to the Lower City in your opinions? (Danica)

Anyone and everyone.  If there is suspicious activity we will know.  I say we pair up suspected Gospels with--right. (Alesku)

Suspects with the trusted, correct? Understood. The trusted Pilot would report unusual activity back to us immediately. The chances of deploying two Gospels together, however... (Darsche)

There are damnably few we trust, and it could be dangerous to go out ourselves, or send too many high-ranked...

Ah.  If we sent two Gospels, we would, nonetheless, be apprised of some of their movements.  And if thereafter something of suspicion happened, we would know we ought to watch them more closely. (Alesku)

Plus it seems clear that some of the Gospels don't even know each other themselves. We can only hope something stirs. I feel there may be a good chance something will. Especially if we put the squeeze on them like you suggested Alesku. One of them could snap. (Danica)

...So they've done half the work for us, by not knowing one another. All we need is one leak. From there on out, the distrust should at least shake them up to the point where they'll do something stupid. One would hope. (Darsche)

Now, I think we ought to make a list of our former Candidates and, if it pertains, their former Candidates.  I am ashamed to say one of mine is on the list. (Alesku)

I never took one. Too much of a hassle. (Darsche)

Latona is a former candidate of mine, though I don't know her very well any longer. We sort of lost touch after she graduated. I know Nika is one of her candidates, but there's something to do with Intram there. Crevan is also a candidate of mine. (Danica)

Here's one to watch out for: Eftwyrd.  He took Tierney's Candidate after he 'lost' Elise. (Alesku)

Am I wrong in thinking that his Candidate is now mute as well? Who did that to his throat? (Danica)

Lockwood (him again) and Candidate Argel are responsible for that.

Bad track record with Candidates, those two (Eftwyrd and Tierney).  I am not for pampering prospective Pilots, but I try not to break them.  In my opinion Candidate mistreatment accounts for high TRIM rates and Gospel activity in Pilots.  On the other hand, Tierney seems to pamper his Candidates.  Did you know he brought an uninjured Liik in for rape testing?  His Dragon had to discipline him.  Sexual misconduct is not precisely rare, and while regrettable, certainly not something we should allocate considerable resources to punishing. (Alesku)

I don't trust myself to maintain the balance of discipline versus pampering- it's why I never took one in the first place. Again, far too much of a hassle. (Darsche)

If you can't, Pilot Royal, who can?  I'm not sure I comprehend your attitude, but I see no need to break ranks over a triviality.  The point stands. (Alesku)

[center:27wn1pj4][END TRANSCRIPT][/center:27wn1pj4]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal