Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Limits 2.0 (this time with even MORE feeling =D)  (Read 384 times)

Anonymous

Limits 2.0 (this time with even MORE feeling =D)
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:40:01 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
Tl:dr - 'Just lemme get a word in, k?'  

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Will do:  Touch them! Unless they have some sort of force field around them feel free to grab hold of them, toss a punch, pick them up, stab them, toss stuff in their eyes, grope them - just about anything goes. We'll get to that stuff in a second.  Usually I like to write out the damage my character takes when they're attacked, but I'll follow along if you hint at what the attack is meant to do. If what you're doing is out of the ordinary, (your characters hands are freezing, their knife turns people into kittens on impact) let me know and I'll roll with that too.

Also, if our characters are traveling during a thread, leaving building A and walking off to building B, and absolutely nothing is going to happen other than walking, feel free to write as though my character is following along and continue at point B. Or at anything interesting that comes up between A and B if you're planning something!

Won't do:  Please don't have your character do several things at once to mine.  No grabbing them and walking three blocks, tossing a one-two punch and a sleeper hold (unless your character is the Flash...), picking them up and hoisting them effortlessly over the shoulders etc. etc.

How far can character injuries go?  

Will do:  Have fun >=3 If your character is the type that would try to gouge out an opponent's eyes and disembowel them afterward, then by all means let them have at it.  

Just remember that my character isn't going to just stand around and let themselves get hollowed into a piņata.

Won't do:  There isn't much of anything your characters can't do to mine. If I ever think of anything I'll put it in here.

How far can torture go?

Will do:  If you're playing the character putting up the torture, just flag the post with the appropriate warnings and carry on. You get a cookie if you can write something that shocks me.

What about character death?

Will do:  Go for it.  If my character is _insert trait here_ enough, they'll survive. If not... well, they'll be dead. Or something will happen to them somewhere between the mortal coil and the afterlife, if I want them around that bad.

Won't do:  Destroying their soul (that's just no fun at all).

Ask me first:  About instant-death abilities. Talk to me if you want the character to stay dead permanently too. There's a really good chance that I'll refuse, unless that character was going to stay dead in the first place.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?

Will do:  If my character meets the criteria to be transformed, just let me know and tell me anything I'll need to know about what they've become; especially if their transformer isn't a typical member if the species.

Ask me first:  If a side-effect of transformation is complete subservience to the transformer. I'll have questions and more than likely will agree in the end - just don't spring it on me.

What about healing?

Will do:  As long as you aren't trying to tell me that a double tincture of arsenic is the perfect cure for normal injuries and ailments it's safe to say that they'll heal as intended. Now for genetic mishaps, like the poor eyesight of an albino, I might not accept the same garden variety healing spell that mends a broken body. Because, in a sense, that character's body isn't broken, it's working as intended. Just not as good as an average member of the species. Unnatural injuries and ailments might need to be healed a specific way.

Won't do:  No super-duper-body-fixer-upper healing mojo that can be tailor made to work 100% of the time against everything.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?

Will do:  If it comes up, I'll roll with it. Fading to black or playing it out are both alright with me. Rape, abuse, innuendo and other freakier stuff is all fine. Not much offends me (reading de Sade will do that to you XD).

Won't do:  No plots so that Character A and Character B can get into a relationship, marry and start working on their 2.3 children (or just screwing like they're working on them). They need to meet first.  Also, if the character is asexual they're just not going to be interested, no matter how _fill in the blank_ your character is.  

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC

Currently, no one has any current limits that fall outside my general stuffs~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal