Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Off the Wall and onto the Ceiling (Draco <3)  (Read 1230 times)

Anonymous

Off the Wall and onto the Ceiling (Draco <3)
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:49:25 am »
Sometimes a fellow just woke up and decided it was a day for Ceiling Tea.  No particular reason--which was the best reason, anyway.  Liv sat at the table he had fixed magnetically to Kit's ceiling.  Aside from some slight dizziness and disorientation, it was amazing how quickly one's perspective shifted.  He had fixed the teakettle to the table magnetically, same with the teacups and silverware, which, in turn, held down the napkins.  The teakettle's spout was covered over tightly, unable to leak.  Sugar and milk likewise sported airtight lids.

Liv himself had on his ceiling seatbelt and his magnetized shoes, which latched firmly onto the ceiling.  A truly stylish fedora held in his hair, and he was in full eveningwear: vest, nice slacks, jacket, tie.  Bit red-faced, true, but that was what happened during both Ceiling Tea and Happy Hour, so take what you could get, wot?    

Gabby had helped him with his rearrangement, steadying objects telekinetically while he did what he could on the ladder, and with the magnetic field tool he had borrowed from one of the sim programmers.  Gabe had something to do--undoubtedly something for Roman, about which more later, because Liv preferred not to consider it.  But Liv had set up a lovely holocam in the window--naturally, affixed to the upper sill, in a position most would call 'upside-down.'  Liv, of course, knew better.  

He checked his watch--his arms wanted to fly upward, it was positively strange.  Four o'clock.  That was tea-time, all right.  He had asked Gabby to send Kit this way half an hour ago.  He'd left the ladder hooked to the wall, along with a pair of magnetized boots, so she could join him.  If she so chose.

Liv had picked Kit for this particular Ceiling Tea because--well, mostly because he'd just done it to dear ol' Gabbykins too many times during training, and he'd begun to take certain precautions.  But also because, why not, he was a Pilot, he had some extra time, and she had been through Candidacy with him.  No hard feelings for her comparatively early graduation, Liv never had hard feelings, feelings were easy, right off.

Maybe it was all the blood rushing to his head, but it was amazing how cheerful it made Liv feel, watching the world from this perspective.  He'd only done her main room, bed, dresser, etc., and moved in the table from outside, complete with fancy tea service.  It sat near the bed.  He would capitalize on innuendo later.  Yes--today was a lovely day, seen Gabby, arranged a Ceiling Tea, not thought at all about good ol' Roman.  It was funny how his thoughts, too, seemed to have tipped upside down; it made it curiously hard to keep up a solid train of them.  

"Sulo, you must know this is extremely unwise.  You're under some suspicion already."

"Oh bugger off, Fally, you're just jealous."

"You're the Livius, not I."

"Gods, Falpal, was that a joke?"

He'd connected to the Network this morning, too--maybe that was a bit of it.  The clarity of sensation... he'd begun to understand... anyway, Falstaff declined to answer, and Liv, brain buzzing, settled into to wait.

The door swung open.

"Hallo!" Liv said, beaming [strike:am3z5ey4]down[/strike:am3z5ey4] up at her.  "What are you doing up there?"   He gestured toward the boots and ladder.  "Come and have tea with me."  He grabbed a rose from the vase posed in the middle of the table, and quickly had to catch the rest and stuff them back in as they tumbled out.  Flourished the flower in her direction.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Off the Wall and onto the Ceiling (Draco <3)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:49 am »
Sleepily, Kit brushed the heel of her hand into one green eye to rub away the tired. Of course it only made her all the more sleepy and she let out one big yawn, stretching. One of the only Pilots she knew who wore her uniform when she worked. Pursing her lips outwards she carefully placed the papers on her desk into a neat pile, placed the pencil on top facing towards the desk and stood up with a small nod. It was okay to go home now.

Kit didn’t know about the surprise she was getting.

Probably didn’t really want to know if she could help it. With how tired she was, Kit probably wouldn’t have ever noticed anything a miss if it wasn’t for the Liv and the flower he was waving, as it was, she threw a hand up in a wave, “ Hi, Liv.” an automatic response as she walked by her bedroom door and to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, to return to her room and spit it all out again in a fine mist onto her carpet.

“Why is my bed on the ceiling? Why are you on my ceiling?!” Kit paused and leaned around the door to place her glass of water it on a book shelf that - Thankfully- was still on the ground. “ How are you on the - Oh, thank you.” Black gloved hands reached up and gentle took the rose before she half smiled, half glared at Liv. The upper half was a green glare, and the lower half was a pink smile which was quickly covered by the rose when she moved to smell it.

“Well, at least you gave me a rose!” Kit shook it before looking around her room and pressing it to her face again. She thanked every star in the sky that she had done her laundry the night before and actually folded it into her dresser, otherwise, there would have been unmentionables on the floor.

No one visited her.

Kit did the visiting!

Spotting the ladder and the magnetic boots - she had been in a brain-dead haze when Liv waved at them when she came in - Kit sat on the floor and removed her own boots before placing them against the door and wandering over to the ladder. “ Mind if I join you?” was more a rhetorical question than an actual one. In a matter of minutes Kit was in the boots and shuffling across her ceiling to plunk down in the free chair and firmly seat herself so she didn’t hang upside down by her ankles with her arms strategically placed at her sides so they didn’t flail upwards.

Kit could only imagine what the braids of her hair looked like, all hanging down and looking funny. The green eyed Pilot looked at the table and then to Liv, the rose still in her hand, her expression completely serious. “ I hope you intend to put this back ‘upside down’, ‘cause if you don’t...” Kit leaned in, trying to look scary and serious, but the blood in her face probably made her look a lot like something else. “ If you don’t... I’ll think of something scary.”

Turning back to all smiles and tilting her head unsuccessfully, Kit placed her hands on her lap, her arms falling upwards which made the movement just look odd before leaning forward. “ Are you going to teach me how to drink the tea?” Humour and genuine question made up her tone of voice.

Kit could use some Ceiling Tea.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:46:43 am »
Liv waved away Kit's threats with one lazy movement of the hand.  She had looked so darn adorable tromping about in the boots, and her hair was all pointed straight up, as his had after Lesku had gotten miffed and shocked him wrong--well, it was just impossible to take her seriously.  Impossible, today, to take almost anything seriously.  Damn.  He should have gotten lemon wedges.  Where were the lemon wedges?  Oh, well.  It was difficult enough to manage Ceiling Tea proper, accoutrements aside.  Last time he had spilled quite a lot of milk on Gabe's rug, which had occasioned much lewd comparison-making.

There was, of course, another distracting factor.  Ceiling Tea with people of the female persuasion was just a lot more fun than... well... for various reasons.  Gravity was a beautiful thing.  And while he had found himself beginning to imagine Gabe with breasts at times, late at night, when they were both tired from studying... just wasn't the same thing.

Liv shook off these prurient thoughts and reached into his pocket, extracting another, slightly crushed, fedora.

"First things first."  He set it on her head, tucking in stray strands of hair.  "Much better."

He gave the hat a last pat, then reached for his teacup, which gave way from its saucer with a faint, metallic clink as the magnet on its bottom disengaged.  It bobbed upward, drawn by the force, and Liv steadied it carefully.

"Now then," he said, looking at Kit very seriously, "it's a complicated task."  He rotated the cup carefully until it was upside-down, then, carefully, took up the kettle, turned it likewise, and opened the spout.  A little tea poured up into the cup.  Liv offered to pour for her, in turn.  "Hold it steady... wait for it."  He would in due time reveal the secret to actually drinking the stuff.  And hope she didn't request milk or sugar.  Those really were beyond his pale.  "So how goes, Mister Christerfer?"  Keep her holding as long as possible, that was part of the fun--it was surprisingly difficult.  "I hear you're an Echo now, does it feel redundant or what?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:18:15 am »
Kit was absolutely delighted with the fedora.

Even if it was a little crushed.

With a noise, which expressed said delightedness, she reached towards her head and planted it more firmly so she knew it wouldn’t pop off. Kit had a lot of hair and she’d be crushed if it fell off her head and ‘floated’ up to the ‘ceiling.’ After Liv patted the hat, Kit posed and winked before blowing a kiss towards her Tea Date and rolling her shoulders. “ I look good.” The Pilot didn’t actually know if she looked good or not, she assumed she at least looked funny. If it brought smiles she was all good with it.

With genuine interest, Kit leaned and watched Liv explain the talent necessary to pour tea into a cup. Kit actually laughed when it came out of the spout and poured into the cup, moving her hands to clap a little to express how impressed she was by the feat. It was one thing to pour tea into a cup, not at all impressive. Upside down? Kit was grinning and she rolled her eyes once when he called her by her full name, smile still on her face.

The young woman had given up long ago to try and get Liv to call her by the name she liked better, she was Christopher, true, but that was a boys name and Kit was no boy. The things Liv said after her name went right over her head and Kits face fell into a confused blink before she opened her mouth once and looking down her nose at the table. “I don’t get it.” A slight pout before she blinked again and cleared her throat.

“I’m terribly underdressed.” Kit plucked at the front of her uniform, in an attempt to change the topic, and gave Liv’s refined clothing a slightly guilty look. “ And I’m sleepy.” At the mention of sleepy, Kit gave an odd yawn and shook her head, hands going up to hold the top of the fedora so it didn’t fall off. Giving Liv a serious look, Kit brighted up and leaned forward again. “ How are you, Liv? Besides talented at pouring tea upside down... Oh! Your hair looks nice.”

They hadn’t seen one another in a while, it was nice seeing him with hair again. He had a nice shaped head, sure, but being bald didn’t suit him. “You and I are going to have to chat when we’re right side up and not red in the face.” Kit smiled again and nodded before eyeing the cup of tea.

Now. How to drink it. Probably wasn’t the same as drinking water upside down to cure hiccups... Probably hurt more going down your nose, too.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:40:42 am »
"It's quite all right, not everyone can look as stylish as I do."  Liv settled the teakettle carefully in the middle of the table, meticulous in his corking of the spout.  Care was absolutely essential to Ceiling Tea.  Manners made sense in a world in which everything could go rocketing up to the ceiling at slightest provocation.  He sniffed and brushed invisible dust off of his lapel, then readjusted his own fedora.  He'd liked her move--earlier--with the hat.  Not everyone showed as much gleeful self-love as he did, but it was always refreshing to see more of it.

"Besides, there are a few things you have that I don't."  An acknowledgment that he'd been a bit unmannerly in his staring earlier.  One was not unmannerly at Ceiling Tea.  People thought High Tea was the fancy one, but actually it was the least fancy.  Ceiling Tea was another breed of beast entirely.  Best of the lot.  Had real gravitas.  Real pull.  Real force.  She'd just complimented his hair!  He left aside the suggestion that they talk.  What was to talk about?  Later he would ask about her ascension through the ranks, but his own life was entirely unworthy of note, though it did seem to have gotten more enjoyable recently.  

Hair.  No one asked him about that any longer; it was a shame.  Years of stunted pilary bragging had to come out at some point, and it well and truly had as soon as he'd grown the stuff back, and continued during the intervening years, and now nobody wanted to hear about it.  Except, obviously, Kitkins.  Excellent.  "Well, hair is serious business.  My trick is this special tonic, secret naturally, but I'll show you once we've come down from, up from... anyway... and, of course, I dye, but you know--" He blew up from his underlip onto the trembling surface of his tea, then straightened up again.  "--you really have to be careful dyeing, still, you could probably pull it off without needing to pull it out.  Maybe a cut, too.  Some layers.  A wave?  I come by mine honestly, I think honesty is quite important to hair, obviously it's dyed red, but, you know, it suits thematically, as it were..."  The finer details of shampooing, conditioner, and blow-drying followed before he realized his wrist had rather begun to hurt, cramped around the weight of the teacup as it strained to ascend heavenward.

"-sorry about that, I just cannot help meself, don't you know, darling."  Liv loved to be nothing but fluff sometimes.  He reached across the table and, after making sure her cup was steady, pinched her cheek affectionately.  "Now then.  Drinking.  Age-old secret to Ceiling Tea, much like my secret to hair care."

With a flourish, he reached into his pocket and pulled out two small lids, designed to fit over delicate porcelainware.  "Sippy-cup lids.  It is at the extreme of elegance, I assyuure you."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:05:02 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 03:17:07 am »
Who knew someone could go on for so long about hair.

Kit stared, green eyes wide and blinking slowly, nodding occationally. ‘Don’t ask Liv about hair,’ repeated in her head once or twice, but she listened and by the end she held the fedora to her chest and poked at her own head. Kit knew she had an odd hair style, the top was short, and the lower part of head was in a set of eight braids. Six on the back of her head and two in front of each ear. She liked it and it’s natural brown colour. Even if it was very odd and did look very funny when it wasn’t in its braids.

Not that anyone would see her like that. Unless of course they were visiting and she’d just gotten out of the shower. Half way through the mini-hair speech, Kit’s eyes rolled back and she flicked her head up, having do a classic ‘fall asleep at your desk sitting up but wake up when your head flops to the side.’ After muttering a quick, polite apology Kit gave Liv her full attention and shoved the fedora back on her head, making sure it was nice and tight so it didn’t drift up towards the ceiling like her hair was.

Close to drifting off to sleep again, her occational afternoon nap had been intereupted by this lovely setting of Ceiling Tea, Kit was awaked well and completely by her Tea date pinching her cheek, which left her arm hanging upside down before she brought it up to her face to rub at her cheek before reaching out and carefully grabbing the cup.

“Sound like a little old lady,” Kit said grumpily, using what little telekinetic ability to keep her tea from turning into carpet stain. The sippy-cup lids had her giggling and the tea leaking over the edges before she could help herself. With a quick telekinetic flick, Kit grabbed one of the lids from Liv and placed it - very carefully - on top of her tea cup.

“ We don’t have to cheers or clink-cups or anything do we? I don’t know if I can handle something like that. I keep wanting to turn my tea cup upside down ‘cause it looks funny.” Kit carefully moved a hand to hold her tea cup steady and she moved another to cover her mouth while she noisily yawned. “ And I’m still sleepy. And in my uniform.” Moving her hands to steady the teacup, she just looked at Liv. “ Couldn’t even let me shower first before having a nice Ceiling Tea Date, could you? Pah. Men.” Kit went a little cross eyed, trying to get the tea to her mouth, but when she did...

Kit took a sip

and it was good.

“ You’re going to have to make me some ‘On a table over a lunch break, with Kit not in her uniform’ tea sometime.” Kit flashed a bright smile, squishing her face up before attempting to take another sip. Couldn’t really take anything bigger, it was a sippy-cup lid.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 03:48:03 pm »
"Date, who said it was a date," Liv drawled, handily flipping his cup and taking a sip through the lid.  It was really a lucky thing he had let himself go on about hair; the tea wasn't hot enough to scald any longer, and quite comfortable to drink, not to say very good.  Not too bitter, nor too sharp, but lovely and smooth.  He'd have to thank Alesku, preferably some time when he was out of electroshock range.  But really, if you kept your tea in a public cabinet, what could you expect?  

He winked at Kit, an odd movement--his cheeks already felt dragged upward, toward the ceiling.  They'd need to come down eventually, he was getting a little dizzy.  

"Of course, if you'd like it to be a date, I could put on my date hat, figuratively speaking of course, but I don't know if you'd like me in my date hat.  I get very lewd, not suitable for teatime at all."  He smiled at her, tilting his head to one side.  In point of fact, Liv had never had a date at all.  Just not his thing.  Anyway, Christopher was, and he hearkened well to the surprise--very surprising--well, in public persona anyway--she was Not His Type.  Of course Public Liv had no type at all.  That was the charm.  But Liv Himself, whatever that was, didn't much want good old happy people, even if they were pretty.  Or maybe he did, but he definitely didn't deserve them.

"Charming, Sulo, but remember, you have perimeter checks tomorrow at 0600."

Liv started and nearly popped the lid off his tea.  Gods!  Dragons.  They were always listening, he would never get used to it, positively never, even with that blasted chip in his left temple.  He kept a cheery grin strung across his lips while he answered.  "Never would forget, Fally chum, you're better than an alarm, you old fucker."

Nothing.  He turned his smile back to Kit.  "Sorry, what were you saying?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:30:59 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »
Rolling her green eyes towards the [strike:3351qy1y]floor[/strike:3351qy1y] ceiling. “ I didn’t mean an actual date. Just... a date! Don’t worry, Livvy-Dear, I don’t like you like that.” Kit really didn’t. Besides, Liv was a Pilot. Instant ‘no-no’. Kit vowed when she got taken to be a candidate she wouldn’t pass over something so precious to her ( like her metaphorical heart ) to someone who went through crap just so they could crappily run a crappy country.

Kit took another sip of her tea and moved a hand to press against her cheek fora moment before she looked across the table at Liv, who looked a little more blury than usual. Closing her eyes for a minute, Kit opened them again and blinked at him when he’d asked her what she was talking about. “ Nothing. You must be hearing voices in your head.” Flashing him a cheesy grin, Kit took a deep breath and looked around, setting her cup on telekinetic ledge so she didn’t drop it.

“ I have to get down, I’m going to be sick.” With much practice and tensing up her muscles so she didn’t flail upwards, or downwards, rather, Kit undid the literal seat belt and slowly shuffled back over to the ladder, giving up half way through to just flail and skitter her way down to the ground, her tea-cup following her and hovering behind her head while she took off the boots.

“ Thank you for the tea, Livvy-Dear.” Kit gave a lazy salute to Liv before scooping the tea cup out of the air and wandering to the kitchen, her uniform bunched up around her tummy, not that she cared. The fedora still sitting on her head, the odd braid of pulled over it to hang by her face as she emptied the cup and continued to putter around the kitchen. “ Liv, you better help me put my bedroom right-side up, I want to nap. Right-side up.”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:25:40 pm »
Come to think of it, he needed down, too.  It seemed all of his blood had pooled in his scalp and begun to seep down through the roots of his hair; quite uncomfortable, really.  But his hat stayed firm, and that was the important thing.  One had to sacrifice all sorts of things for the sake of mannerliness and the highest possible tea.  

He just couldn't believe she didn't like him like that.  Ryaahlly.  It was quite patently a lie.  She didn't seem the lying type, but Liv knew.  He was quite irresistible.  Sniff.  

Even if he didn't like her like that.  Really.  Sulo was eminently likeable like that.  

Liv followed Kit down, admiring the easy way she floated her teacup behind.  His own was managed more precariously, its porcelain handle slung over his forefinger as he picked his way down the ladder after Kit.  It was dizzying, really disorienting, to be on the ground again.  The world tipped and tilted and righted itself; but it retained a sense of the faintly wrong, too, and what was quite left, rather than right--what was left, Sulo--was a springiness about his footsteps and the echo of euphoria.

Oh he did so very much like Ceiling Tea.  Fucked it he wouldn't do it more often.

"You won't have time."

He might do.  Needed something to fill the hours Gabe and Alaric spent on Warlocks.  Liv had never been one for games like that, they had too many systems in them.  Checkers, now... Ha.  Smirk.  That Checkers, fucking Checkers.

Liv came up behind her in the kitchen, set his teacup down carefully, then sidled up behind her.

"Gotcha."  He tugged down the cloth that had been riding up around her middle.  "You must be careful with your clothing, it's how the world sees you, darling.  Incidentally you may keep the hat."  

Eventually he would get to straightening the room.  For now he was trying to make the kitchen stop spinning.

Ceiling Tea was all well and good, but perhaps moderation was in order.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:21 pm »
Kit had wandered back over to the sink to rinse out the cup, candidacy had left her a little obsessive about cleaning dishes after they were used. So, the brown haired pilot froze for a moment at the feeling of hands around her middle pulling her shirt back down, of course she relaxed right away - It was Liv, what was he going to do to her? - but she still smirked all the same when his words sunk in.

“Well then, does it still matter if they see me in nothing?” Her words were syruppy as she moved her hands behind her to play with Liv’s hair before she bumped her hips backwards, brushing her back against his front before she let him go and grabbed his cup, putting that under the spray of water from the tap as she cleaned it.

Hm.

Kit shook her hands off in the sink and took the fedora off before fixing her hair and plunking the hat back on. “I’m keeping this hat.” She pointed to it before going to her fridge. “Are you hungry, Liv? We could have a bite before you help me set my room back to rights.” Kit looked over her shoulder slowly, eyes narrowed. Sort of suspicious how he came to see her, of all people.

“By the way.” Kit paused and rested her hip against the counter, folding her arms over her chest as she watched her... Friend? Acquantiance? “Were you just insanely bored or did you miss me?” She grinned and rose an eyebrow, curious now. “If I asked already, Sorry, but I’m tired and I want to sleep. But I can’t. Until you fix my bed.”

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 06:13:36 pm »
Maybe he should play hard to get more often.  After he'd tugged her shirt down, careful not to keep his hands on her waist for too long (friend boundaries, Liv), and she'd decided to play with his hair... hm.  The intended hip bump came off a bit.  Right.  He picked up his hands carefully, fingers twiddling in the air, as though contemplating some sort of retaliatory move, or grab or something or--no.  Liv stepped back lest things become really awkward, because while he didn't think Kit his type in theory, his body had other ideas; then moved to lounge around the kitchen counter, leaning back on his elbows.  

"I'm always hungry."  Will not default to an innuendo about other bed-based activities.  Or double-entendres about hungry for--whatever.

Liv cleared his throat and looked down, fingers closing and unclosing on the corner of the countertop.  Back up at Kit.  He'd been torn on the hair, but it actually looked pretty good, especially with the fedora.  "And, uh, maybe I missed you.  A little.  Hey, you can crash in my room while I put yours right if you're that tired."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »
Always hungry.

Kit let a smile drift over her lips before she rose an eyebrow and laughed quietly before letting her eyes flick to Liv’s groin area. Always hungry. “Oh, really?” Kit opened her fridge and poked her head in. It was painfully bare, and Kit shifted her footing as she looked between the food stuffs. She could make him a sandwich, or throw an apple at him. Or do both.

The brown haired Pilot slowly lifted her head up out of the fridge to leer at Liv for a moment before slowly lowering back down. “I can make you a sandwich and throw an apple at you while you wait for said sandwich.” Kits head popped back up above the fridge door, grinning. “I’m okay, this is just after work nap-time, usually.” Kit gently threw one of the apples to Liv, hopefully he’d catch it, if not, she had another she was originally keeping for herself.

Bumping the fridge door with a hip to close it she went about making a rather pathetic sandwich some meat, cheese and bread, but a sandwich none the less. Putting it on a plate, Kit looked at it and shook her head. “It’s pathetic, but a sandwich, if I had known you were going to visit me I might have even made something last night for us but...” Kit looked away, her smile apologetic before she remembered she hadn’t put anything on the sandwhich. “ There’s mustard and stuff in the fridge... And thanks for the offer, but I like my bed, I won’t have to worry about weird ‘stains.’ “ Kit grinned, her eyes closing and her eyebrows going up before she bit into her apple with a loud crunch.

“Didja eat chuur apple?” Her words were slurred as she talked and chewed, but she held her hand in front of her mouth so Liv at least wouldn’t have to see it.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 07:17:56 pm »
Liv just couldn't be sure, considering Kit's membership in the Tierney Celibacy Club, exactly what part of what she said was intended as innuendo.  Possibly none of it.  Possibly he just had the dirty mind he often told himself was a pretense.  Something to ponder.  

He'd caught the thrown apple handily and chomped his way neatly around it in about point-five seconds.  The key when eating Sulo-style was to get food from exterior to interior as quickly as possible.  Had he finished?  "Oh, yes," he said, displaying the knobby core in answer to Kit's mumbled question, taking the plate she offered.  He dropped the apple-core beside the sandwich, which he examined dubiously.  "Hm, a pathetic sandwich, my favorite."  He patted it flat, because there was nothing worse than a fluffy sandwich--the bread stuck to the roof of your mouth.  

Plate in one hand, sandwich in the other, he surveyed Kit's kitchen.  The whole thing seemed a little pathetic.  She didn't even have a spice rack, or a tree for hanging aprons, or a knife block shaped like a person with multiple stab wounds.  Of course, this being Kit, she'd kept the kitchen meticulously neat, but that just was not the point.  Neatness was a terrible thing in a kitchen.  He set the plate carefully down on the counter and turned back to the fedora'd Christopher.

"Anyway, I don't mind if you get weird stains on my mattress," he added, taking a big bite of his sandwich to cover his grin and blinking at her innocently, mouth full.  "Totally fine.  We could cuddle.  You know, you really should learn to cook.  It is an important life skill, like snappy dressing, which, in fact, well, the fedora is a step."  He held up two fingers in illustration.  "Little step."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 03:03:03 am »
Kit noticed Liv staring at her bare kitchen and Kit shoved her hands into her uniform pockets and duck her head down. Hmph. Kit didn’t have to be a psychic to know what he was thinking. “I keep the things in drawers and cupboards.” Her voice was quiet, her lips were pursed and she cleared her throat before she took another bite of her apple as she walked .

Then Liv had to go and talk again and Kit choked on a hunk of apple and leaned over the sink so she could cough it out. With watery eyes she glared at him over her shoulder and grabbed his plate, picking the apple up and throwing them both away into the garbage bin under the sink before she rolled up her sleeves and glared at him again while she washed the plate free of crumbs before drying it and putting it away.

“Yeah.” Kit mumbled after leering at his fingers. Little step. She stuck her tongue out at Liv before she wandered back to her room to stare up at her stuff. Ah. Bed. “ You going to help me pull this down or am I going to have to get you to buy me a new room?” Her hands were on her hips and she was tapping her foot.

“You just want to cuddle ‘cause you’re to lazy to take down what you set up. Now, get your butt over here. I’ll help you.” Kit gave a sigh and pushed her braids over her shoulder before putting her hand in front of her mouth and giving a yawn. Coffee. She’d make some coffee later, or have a bath. Assuming Liv would leave after he fixed her room. “What made you think of ceiling tea in the first place, anyway?”

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:47 pm »
Now he felt a little bad.  Too often bolstered by his own exuberance, Liv sometimes forgot other people wouldn't fit gleefully into his absolutely hilarious plans.  Still, she ought to learn to be more flexible.  

"Yes, ma'am," he said, making a chastened face.  Done with his sandwich, he licked one finger with a flourish, nodded deeply, then turned toward the main room, gesturing for her to follow.  "I'll get it sorted and--what, why, there is no why, I just wanted to come by and say hello, and I thought, well, everyone has tea on the floor, and it gets so boring..."  

Deathly.  Because you like to pretend you're special.  And not developing a Network addiction.  Well, what of it?  Little bits of unexpected things, even if they took effort.  

It disoriented him to see the room upside-down after his stint in Kit's rightways kitchen.  Glancing back at her--aw, she was yawning.  Trying to make him feel guilty, no doubt.  He fumbled for the MFT he'd chucked in one corner, where the little black device sat humming as it maintained the energy fields.  It took a little programming work and some fiddling to get it right; Liv hadn't memorized the instructions.  Instructions were for people with far too much time on their hands.  But he'd roughed it out okay with Gabe to help.  He'd manage to get them down.  Right, okay, the code for coordinates... Liv squinted at the little screen.  At least he'd saved his settings.  A few button-presses and he'd gotten the wardrobe to right itself wobblingly.  It touched down with a thump, rocked a few times--Liv froze--and settled.  The table he'd do last, he would have to go up and undo the setting manually.  On to the bed.  

"Almost got it," he murmured, shooting a look her way, backing up across the room, eyes on the settings.  What the hell was it doing?  Beep.  Was it suppoed to do that?  "Can you just, uh--steady it a little, I don't want to break anything."  One bedpost scraped across the wall.  Liv winced.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:34 pm »
A long pause and Kit felt her lips pulling into a small smile. “I appreciate it. Really.” Her voice was soft when she wandered over to watch him put the wardrobe right side up. Then onto the bed. Light green eyes went wide and Kit reached out with her telekinesis just as the bedpost scraped against the wall. Kit winced, too. “Whoops.” Her voice was quiet as the bed slowly righted its self, “Is now a bad time to mention that, while I’m okay with it, I can’t really do much else with my telekinesis that I can’t do with my body?”

Besides the whole ‘ pick it up with brain powers,’ if there was no way Kit could move it with her own hands and body, there was no way she could move it with her head. So, lifting a whole best was out of the question. Well, she could try, but she’d probably get a headache or migraine or puke or something.

It took almost half an hour to get everything back to normal and once it was done Kit sat down in the door way before laying back on the ground, her arms up above her head, and her legs sprawled out into her room. “Warn me before you do that again. ” Taking a deep breath she looked at Liv before sticking her tongue out. “Well, I’m not sleepy anymore.” Kit pushed her arms further up above her head and arched her back in a cat like stretch, toes pointing out wards with a loud moaning like grumble followed by a quiet ‘aaah.’

Sitting up quickly she gave another stretch before blinking slowly. Routine successfully killed for today, it felt ... Nice. Kit flashed Liv a large grin. “ So, now that you killed my day, you get to occupy it.” Kit made a bit of a face and rose her eyebrows, “Unless you have stuff to do, then you can leave. I suppose.”

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »
Liv always felt a little disappointed when he had to unravel his handiwork.  He even unhooked the camera he'd set up in the window.  Gabe would think Kit's reactions pretty funny, no doubt, and besides which Liv could use it as proof that she'd been a better sport.  Yawny, though.  Liv would've found it incredibly depressing to sleep as much as he recalled Kit did.  And if he didn't know better, he'd think he could detect a hint of Livlike coyness about her little winsome gestures.  How cute, she did the full-of-herself thing too.  The little crimped shrug, the Kit-cat-yawn.  

"You suppooose, huh?" he said, echoing her echo of (what he supposed might be) himself.  Of course.  Sincerest form of flattery and all that, who wouldn't.  He took a few long steps toward her and leaned down, fingers fluttering, to give her two hands up.  One, two, tug.  "Hup!  Come on.   You're very persuasive, let's see what video we can stream on the VCN before you fall asleep."  

She had a little couch set up facing her terminal screen, it could work.  She wouldn't have popcorn, obviously.  Unacceptable.  Well, just the once.  He'd bring some later, if he decided to come back.  Probably would.  Once he had trod a path, he began to feel, Gods forbid, welcome.  Liv knew he hadn't entirely worn away his flinching Candidate's reluctance to--intrude--well.  Hm.  What could he find on the VCN?  Surely Kit did not follow SAS, she didn't... really seem like the kind for trashy lesbian porn soaps... hm.  

"Hey, I'm trying to be unselfish, it's a new thing, I'll even watch what you'd like, unless you've got a better activity idea?  Better idea than I, I ask you."  He raised one eyebrow at her, with great suavity.  0600 tomorrow?  Hey, he'd manage.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:16 pm »
Kit took the hands and before she knew it, she was standing and holding onto the door frame to keep her balance. Eh? Stream videos on her terminal? Kit blinked at Liv and watched him go into her living room. Unlike her unnatural kitchen, Kit’s living room looked like one, a book she’d been reading was sitting on a coffee table - a bad romance mystery novel - and she smiled over at Liv before she placed her hands on his hips and turned him around before giving him a tap on the nose with her fore finger.

“Okie-Dokie, Livos. I have to change out of this uniform, cuddling up on a couch in a uniform isn’t my idea of a nice day so,” Kit gave Liv a hip bump as she moved past him and pulled the fedora off of her head before placing it on her bed when she wandered to it, her hands undoing the buttons of the uniform jacket, “I’m trusting you not to peek, since I can’t hear much through the door.”

Kit changed into a plain loose shirt and jeans, going sockless because hey, this was her house, Liv had a problem with her bare feet he could bite it. While she’d been pulling the shirt over her head, Kit spoke to Liv over her shoulder “We can watch a movie,” Kit moved back and stood beside Liv once she was finished changing and gave him a smile, a hand on his arm.

“Hmm, I don’t... Really watch movies. You know anything good?” Her eyebrows went up as she walked to the couch and sat down close to an edge, leaning against the arm, her fingers picking at the side. It was nice of him to stay and visit even after she could only provide a Pathetic Sandwich. Nervous. Kit was nervous, but she smiled all the same and leaned over to pat the other couch cushion. “C’mon! You probably watch movies with people more than I do.”

It made Kit a little sad that tomorrow her day would go back to normal the normal routine.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 10:55:46 pm »
Liv's behavior varied widely based on context and situation and, of course, clothing.  Today he'd gone for the eveningwear route, so he behaved himself.  Besides, it just didn't seem right to peek at Kit.  She was... well, Kit.  She carried a natural shy boundary, which might've annoyed him--still might--but thus far she seemed exempt from judgment via the Gabe Clause, whatever that might be.  Legitimate Cute?  Hm.

While she changed, Liv wandered the room, running his fingers over the back of the sofa, flicking a lampshade.  He twisted down to examine the book she'd left open on a side table.  Little did Esmerelda know, began the back blurb.  Hm.  No.  That could not end well.  He patted the book and left it, sidling back toward the doorway between bedroom and living room in time to catch her post-changing.

"You need to get out more," he said, grabbing the remote from the arm of the couch and flinging himself into a sprawl across the couch, of which Kit occupied only a scrunched corner.  He even kicked off his shoes, because she probably cared about that, then poked her in the side of the leg with one foot.  "Let's see... hm."  If she read Little Did She Know books, she'd have to accept Liv's particularities of taste.  Yes.  "Well, to be honest, my show is going to be on in about fifteen minutes, and Miranda just proclaimed her love to Josie last episode, right after we learned Josie had been body-snatched by the Kragnar on their last--there's some nudity, is that okay, Kit-Kit?"  He prodded her again, with his heel.  She looked... nervous.  

Hard not to think of this all as a little.  What was it?  Weak.  No, no.  Perfectly pleasant evening of entertainment.  Fuck off, you, you don't go with eveningwear.

"You'll like it... it has lesbians and aliens... something for everyone.  You may even tease me about it, if you're good."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 02:52:59 am »
Kit appreciated the kicking of the shoes, she occasionally layed down on this couch to read and didn’t want weird shoe-things on it. Making a face, she shook her head, calm down, having ‘shoe things’ on you won’t kill ya. Sucking her lower lip into her mouth, Kit blinked at Liv.

Miranda? Josie?  

A rather amused smile pulled at her lips before she tilted her head and blinked. “ Yeah, I’m a grown up, I’m fine with nudity.” Kit gave a nod and grabbed his foot before setting it on her lap so he’d stop poking her with the damn thing. Better yet, Kit grabbed at Livs other foot and put that on her lap too before she tucked her own feet under her. “ Now everyone is comfortable!” a bright smile and she leaned back and got comfy.

Lesbians and aliens,eh?

“Lesbians for me, Aliens for you, right?” Kit snuggled back into the couch, her eyes flicking from him looking so comfortable on her couch to the rest of the room. She needed to live in here a little. Swallowing she took a breath and smiled again, “If it’s so horrible it’s good I’ll let you get off scot free with no teasing.” Kit pulled her braids from behind her and pushed them over her shoulder before leaning towards Liv, leering at him, light green eyes as warm as her smile. “ Now, if it just makes me never want to watch TV again... I might have to tease.” She reached up her fingers to make a pinching motion, “ But just a little.”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal