Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just a little bit of target practice (Tal-gasm!)  (Read 2656 times)

Anonymous

Re: Just a little bit of target practice (Tal-gasm!)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:15 am »
"But you are Roman! There is nothing you can't do!" Nuriel grinned, showing a mouthful of huge white teeth as Scheherazade joined them. She was a beautiful dragon, so fast and sleek. Mouthwatering really. So tiny compared to him.

Turning rather less gracefully than he might have liked, Nuriel headed toward the prison.

Feeling the faster dragon move under him, Bart held on tightly, exalting in the speed. Nuriel had nothing on Scheherazade's grace and speed. "Darlin', you are amazin'. I forgot what it was like ta ride a dragon that had grace and skill."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 11:05:11 pm »
"Careful Nuriel, or I might get an ego.  Where would I be without my famed humility?"  Roman rather felt like he was riding the back of a mountain.  it was always a different experience whenever he got to ride Nuriel.  He and Sher were the only two dragons he'd ever had occasion to ride, and even that was an unusual privilege.  Most Pilots went their whole lives riding only their own dragon.

He waved at Bart and Scheherazade, just before she dipped and took a wicked dive, finally pulling up miles below and speeding back to Nuriel's altitude.  "A shame we all have to work.  We should do this sometime when we can really go off and enjoy ourselves."

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 11:14:31 pm »
"What's that? Did Roman Rosales actually suggest taking some time off to spend with his old buddy Bart? Who are you and where is my friend?" Bart laughed, exalting in the sheer speed and grace of Sher.

"I must say, you are a true lady. All delicate grace you are. Roman's a lucky man."

Nuriel didn't even attempt to try anything fancy. He was headed in a straight line for their destination and he wasn't changing. It was far too difficult to maneuver his bulk around.

Offline Tally

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »
Roman leaned over to watch Scheherazade disappear below the cloud level then reemerge again.  A roller coaster was only fun when you had the option of leaving it sometime.  Cruising along on Nuriel was a welcome change.  Comfortable, easy-like.  Not so harrowing.

"I'm serious!  You pick the place and I'm there."

Scher leveled out and settled in to soar beneath Nuriel, content for the moment to lock her wings and cruise.  She snorted smoke out through her nostrils.  "What a breath of fresh are you are, Bartolomeu!  They don't teach Pilots manners anymore."

Roman rolled his eyes.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 11:31:13 am »
Heart still pounding from the wicked dive Scher had taken, Bart grinned, the adrenaline racing through his system, "That is a sad fact ma'am. Brutes, all of them. Maybe you should have Roman start teachin' a special class. He might learn some while he's at it."

Nuriel absently scanned the ground below them, the mutated animals of the wastelands scattering at the sight of their shadows. Very, very few things wanted to mess with a dragon, let alone two. He liked flying, and often envied the smaller dragons their maneuverability. He could do dives, but it took much more effort and lacked the beauty and grace Scher had.

"Ah, such beauty. You are so lucky you get to ride her Roman. What I wouldn't do for that privileged."

Offline Tally

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 10:50:09 pm »
"A splendid idea," Scher said.  "I shall make it so.  Edenlark will support the new program I'm sure.  After all, I'm not only a matriarch of dragonkind—I'm quite ancient enough to be considered elderly as well!  There is no reverence for age anymore."

Roman stayed quiet for a second.  "Nuriel, I'm not sure what you meant by that.  Not sure I want to know either."

From Nuriel, it just sounded wrong.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:38 pm »
"Oh hush darlin'. Yer only as young as ya feel and ya still-Ah damn Nuriel! What the hell was that? Don't say those things. 'Sides, what about yer lady friend?" Bart made a face, not at all enjoying the metal image Nuriel's words made him picture.

Thankfully, they arrived at the prison and the huge dragon landed heavily, scrambling for a perch on the landing pad normally used for planes, his engines starting to power down, "What? Doesn't mean I can't look and Shar is grace personified."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal