Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: #subversive  (Read 609 times)

Anonymous

#subversive
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:41:44 am »
Looking up indieserv.87290.vcn
Connecting to indieserv.87290.vcn
Looking up your hostname...
Joined channel #subversive.

Message of the day:

Wtf guise no hax. lol welcome to #subversive, for the discerning dissident.

Important stuff: we don't keep records of who connects to us. This channel has been blocked to all compliant terminals, but every other user in here is still gonna be a seeker, no joke. A healthy dose of paranoia never hurt anyone.

[OOC: Feel free to post as a guest under whatever name you like. Cbox says no impersonating other users, though.]

MotD last updated by ?edAni.
"Question authority. They usually know where the bathroom is."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

#subversive
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:47:05 am »
This is just to say
We have broken AED5
Which you probably use on your secretses
Forgive us
But it was a challenge
And the money was so good.

Anonymous

Re: #subversive
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »
One of the things Pilot Royal Macario (of The Citizen, Aedolian propaganda blog) saw fit to delete. I guess I can't blame him:

Alesku,

I can only hope you've actually been duped by your country's sad excuse for a government. But I wouldn't be all that surprised to hear that what you've written is just a bald-faced lie.

Aedolis's terms were terms of surrender, though your 'Dragon Imperial,' or should I say 'Pilot Imperial,' called it a 'cease-fire'. Edanith didn't comply. Edanith didn't surrender. Hell, Edanith didn't even break this imaginary cease-fire. The war is ongoing and it's fought with Aedolian guns. Do you want a list of Aedolian movements against Edani transports in the last ten years, including trade vehicles carrying such lethal cargo as a full complement of raw carrots? Do you want a list of Aedolian strikes against Edani bases? Your military hit Base Alpha with seven tons of concentrated radioactive material six days after issuing the demands you've posted, even though Edanith repeatedly tried to negotiate real terms for a cease-fire. Note: six, not one. Not so confident in the strength of your position, were you? Then again, you were a rookie at the time, Alesku, so I'll cut you some slack. You didn't know what was going on. I suggest you try to find records of those communications in your heavily-censored databank, for a start. The truth? The Aedolian Military withdrew thanks to superior Edani defensive technology. We sacrificed Base Alpha to save Tynova, and sent you crawling home with depleted weapons stores and your tails between your legs. I've been a senator in Tynova for fifteen years. I've seen the records. I've written the records.

Edani-Aedolian communications about the cease-fire can be found at vcn.allied-truth.fsp. I've set up a public cache. Of course, it's only a matter of time before that site's blocked from Aedolian VCN and this message is deleted, so get it while it's hot. Go ahead, take a look.

People need to know: Aedolis didn't win the war. Your military's still trying to fight the war, so they can pretend we want you all dead. Now, I'm here to say it's not so. I'm not hiding behind an assumed name or an anonymous router. Run a trace if you like. And do look me up if you have time. I'm willing to talk diplomacy when you are. Tell that to your Pilot Imperial.

Best,
Senator Siraz Artegna
Tynova, Edanith

I know the language is kind of... abrasive, shall we say? But it seems to be the real deal. The site's legit, and this senator is kind of the bombastic type, from what I've read.

So why would a senator bother responding to Aedolian agitprop? Maybe because it's Aedolian agitprop that barely conceals a justification of open war on Edanith. Sure, you haven't heard it from the Dragon (Imperial)'s mouth. But it's only a matter of time, because we know this ain't about the terraforming technology. Unfortunately for Artegna and, you know, everyone else, Aedolis isn't run on popular opinion. The best Edanith'll probably get is the chance to try and delay war by meeting ridiculous demands (don't do that, Edanis, k?). The senator's reach for diplomacy? Yeah, probably not going to work. Oh well. She tried. If she's smart, she'll use the hostile Aedolian response to her overture as proof that Edanith should buck up, arm up, and prepare to defend its interests. Again.

Oh, and while you're on the good senator's site, take a look at the pattern of Edani cargo vessel seizures by Aedolian agents. Notice anything funny?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »
Artegna isn't our savior. She doesn't speak for everyone on Edanith, and from what I understand, she isn't incorruptible. When the briefcases open and the money comes out, she's a politician like all the others. How much can we trust someone who's been playin' both sides of the Mordecai issue? At least we know what the Pilots think .... well, no promises there, either.

I don't care what happens to EcoCorp as long as Edanith lowers the trade barriers on terraforming equipment. Get the transports moving again and both sides will have an interest in the other's welfare. It would be a step in the right direction for peace between Edanith and Aedolis, and that's what people want in the end.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:46:07 am »
Hey, Salih, I have a joke for you.  What's the difference between Edanith and Aedolis?

Who cares.

Anyway, I wish you were right.  But there hasn't been unrestricted trade between Edanith and Aedolis since Edanith left Earth.  And, unfortunately, I don't think Aedolis wants free trade.  I think they want free technology.  And possibly an excuse for war with Edanith; if it isn't the technology, it'll be their slaveholding (which wtf Edanith, stop it).  Or maybe an excuse for war with Seruna.  They've been messing with transports between Edanith and Seruna, apparently, which is a real problem.  Oh, and check it out, The Citizen's been lumping Edanith and Seruna in together as Aedolian enemies.  (I did hear the Consul came to Libra, howzabout that?)  Bottom line, I'm worried the Imperial will pursue the very reasonable request for trade--and weight it with a bunch of totally unacceptable demands.  That Edanith cease trade with Seruna, for example: they seem to like that one.  If Edanith makes a reasonable attempt at negotiation, they'll still have to maintain some distance from Seruna while it's ongoing, so as not to piss Aedolis off.  Call me paranoid, but lately everything's looking like an excuse to isolate Seruna... and then, in the grand old Aedolian tradition... boom.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal