Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dangerous times, call for dangerous company (Mahari)  (Read 720 times)

Anonymous

Dangerous times, call for dangerous company (Mahari)
« on: November 12, 2008, 09:33:31 pm »
Rook's wounds were fairly raw, he had bandaged the one on his shoulder with a strip from his own coat, he was tired, and hurt from his battle, but the sickness in his throat had gone, his limbs felt more powerful than ever, and his emotions thrice as bitter, he had escaped the Horrors narrowly, awed, confused and enraged by his encounter with a savage God. He felt alive for the first time, but being alive came with all the minor technicalities.

With it, came anger.

He refused to believe what had transpired, it went against every sane thought which had ever entered his brain, a half animal and half human mechanism (and both beings were inheritly suspicious of what was right in front of them it seemed).

None of the oddities and twisted malforms of nature disturbed him, he looked as mysterious as a man, but nowhere near as frail, too otherwordly perhaps, even for the most despicable mutant to think of stomaching. He had been traveling only at night, for two days , and felt more confident in his surroundings because of it.

But sooner or later he had run out of scorched forest, and then of rock formations for shelter during the day, after that all that remained was wasteland, and he was forced to continue his trek through the desert in the day time.

He carried nothing with him, he had lost it all, no water and the only clothing he had was the long, ragged brown coat (with not even a shirt under it) and his dusty, ripped pants. Perhaps the loss of clothing was a blessing, he'd been foolish, his world and been freezing, and he'd never gone out of the house without two shirts, let alone none at all. Nobody else he had seen seemed suprised at this however. Many other things, but not his lack of proper clothing.

They treated him like an animal, like something to be tied up in somebody's yard, but he thought of himself as a man, and he'd never known another definition. He had fur and a muzzle, but he had the heart of a man!

He had not made the mistake of hunting again, and his last meal had been the insides of the leaves of something that reminded him of a cactus. (It had certainly felt like a cactus).

He had tried to barter with one lonely vendor for water,  in return for his services as a worker, but he had tried to "trick" him, continuously offering him work and no pay, Rook had felt frusteration beyond what he had felt in ages, it had taken all his self control not to simply kill the fool and steal his water.

Rook had tried to explain himself, in the vendor's language but the man had not listened and had attempted to chase the monstrous Walking Beast off with his cane, like a common cur. Rook had simply left, disgusted, taking water from the man's well on the way out but not further disturbing him.

I had to...and Gates I don't feel guilty. They all have their heads up their asses.

As he walked, a sickening realization came to him.

He would never be at home here, not unless he went naked, forgot how to speak and crawled around on all fours.

There will never be a legal water for me. Even if I do get this damn fragmented money system down. I'm close to a town, but is there even a damn point?

I will never find another 'man' who will treat me fairly while I live in this world.

Well, yes, despite his wounded pride, he was out of water, and well, everything. He needed these things, and he might have to let go of a few morals, and a lot of his dignity to survive.

He decided to rest, for an hour at least, he removed his coat, spreading it on the ground, shading his gaze with one enourmous, deadly-clawed hand and staring out towards the west.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Dangerous times, call for dangerous company (Mahari)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:54:45 am »
A banged up rusty skimmer sped across the sands of the wastelands leaving a trail of black exhaust drifing into the air behind it. Driving the unattractive craft was a young looking human teenager wearing a hazard breathing mask. His name was Mahari. A salvager that lived for the most part in the slums of Teinar. His life as of recent had gone from uncomfortable, to unbearable. He had been confined to the lower city because of the lockdown inniatiated by the leaders due to the large Aedolis military presence on the surface. But being trapped in the city had its problems. He was unable to salvage anything from the wastlands and dumps. And that ment no mony to buy food to keep his ravanous hunger at bay. If he could not get the money flowing again Mahari feared he would be forced to prey on humans again for food.

He snuck out the city alone. Despite his efforts to hire a partner with promises of equal shares in profit. None wanted to be around the strange youth with irridecent blue dragon eyes. His reputation of being creepy and strange were not exagerated. Mahari was in his own little world at the moment. Ignoring everything around him. Not that there was much to see anyway. Just a dead land as far as the eye could see. He was on his way to the nearby town to buy supplies like water and food. Most definatly food.

'So much territory to cover...." he thought. 'If only I could find some help. I could pick up the areas the other salvagers trapped in the city hold claim to... yes. Then I could sell all the goods for much higher.' Mahari was so enthralled in his own thoughts he did not see the creature lying down on the ground in the path of his skimmer. At the last moment he noticed Rook and turned hard right drifting the skimmer until it went to a stop. Normally Mahari would just ignore everyone around him. But this creature was something he had never seen before. His curiosity was aroused. Just like
his attentions were naturally drawn to shiny things. It now was drawn to Rook. Turning off the skimmer to save its hard to find fossil fuel he hopped out the craft to stare at the furry being before him.

It did not look alive at first view. He continued to stand near his skimmer looking at Rook. His faded trench coat fluttering in the breeze. Mahari made his choice. Walking casually towards Rook. His boots kicking up sand with each step. Mahari
stopped to nudge the creature with his foot. "You still alive"? He asked coldly while looking down at the creature. The old crappy breathing mask gave Mahari a alien like appearance. He may of sounded uncaring. But Mahari was concerned for this animal. Or person. He was not quite sure yet. The all consuming hunger tugged at his stomach and a new thought made its way to mind. Would it taste good.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29:22 pm »
Rook's mind had been wandering into a daze the blinding heat, but he snapped back to life the moment the sole of Mahari's boot touched his leg. It was a human, wearing a ridiculous mask which forced air from him in noisy clouds. Rage filled the Walking Beast to the brim.

And it was apparent in his expression, his dignity was wounded, and being half starved and thirsty, (and hurt) he was not in the best of moods.

Who did this bright eyed, furless, mewling brat think he was, touching him, a warrior, with his friggin' foot? In Catori, there had been no greater disrespect, and no one would have dreamed of doing it to an  Angel, the gruesome nickname they had given ones like Rook, vigilante officers of law.

Here I'm obviously nothing, being poked at constantly as if I were meat. A felled deer!

Rook's only two experiences on this 'Earth' had been hostile, but this was downright cheeky, he flashed his large, almond shaped gray eyes on the young man and began to rise to his full size, he looked bulky and hulking but he moved swift as an adder.

His reply was a rumbling, indignant growl

"Alive enough to defend myself, brat"!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 01:04:42 am »
Mahari backed up a step as the creature shot him a glare that looked far from friendly. He looked up at the creature towering over him but stood his ground to place a gloved hand on the pistol at his side.

"Relax." Mahri replyed. He doubted the pistol would do much of anything except piss off the big beast "I have no desire for conflict today..... What are you? Do you have a name?" He paused to add, "My name is Mahari" He took the time to examine Rook. Mahari could understand why he was so irritable. Rook looked in poor shape. When he thought about it. Mahari doubted he would have reacted well himself if he was in the resting stage of his other form and some human came bugging him.

"From the looks of it I would say life has not been kind to you. Do you want water?" Food was not something Mahari was willing to share. He was greedy when it came to it. Any desire he had earlier to eat rook had passed. Mahari disliked preying on intelligent creatures. Mostly because of the fuss they made before he started to feed.

Mahari hoped helping this person out would not steal up to much of his time. He had things to do and did not want to dick around to much with Rook. That was unless Rook would be of some use to him.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:39 pm »
Rook's ears, which were often the best indicator's of his emotions slowly lifted from their tightly pressed back position. This was the first indication of something resembling good nature since he had arrived, and it was from this wandering vagabond, not an officer of law or a normal citizen.

What the hell had happened to this place?

In his life, he had been taught to always be suspicious of others, but to be polite as well. The growling had for the most part contracted, and his voice could now be heard. It was rough and loud but it had an odd clarity in it, as if he put a lot of thought into whatever he said. His eyes were bright now, though they blinked in the harsh sun, weasel-like in their shape and intensity as they looked at Seth carefully.

"That is fortunate then--for you" he said begrudgingly, his monstrous fangs slowly dissapearing beneath his lips again.

I'm being rude. Am I so far gone that I've lost my courtesy?

He paused a moment, studying him a moment longer before adding.

"I do, my name is ..Rook"

There had once been a first name, and a title in front of it, but he had lost it in his crossing, it was of little consequence here anyway.

He paused and wondered how best to explain himself "I am a Furre, or....if you like, a  Walking Beast. A hybrid of many". He sighed "I'm, you could say, new on the block".

He paused again, this was hard for him. To accept this, but if he diddn't he would surely die.

"Yes, please".

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 01:17:51 pm »
Mahari stood ready to use the pistol at his side if this being became hostile. But upon seeing Rooks ears return upright he eased up and took his hand off the leather holster. As much as he hated using human technology. It proved nessesary in these hostile times. Especially in this weak body form.

Crossing his arms Mahari listened to what Rook had to say. His slitted blue eyes unwaring in its cold looking stare. "Well you definetly are furry..." Mahari was losing intrest in Rook. He had more important things to do then dicking around with him.

Turning around mahari went to his Skimmer and pulled out a water skin made of a desert moliths stomach and tossed it to Rook. "Listen, I dont mean to be rude but I must be going. I have bussiness that needs to be taken care of A idea dawned on him at that moment. Rook said he was new around here. Mahari needed someone to help him. Putting two and two together it did not take a genius to figure it out.

Mahari climbed into the drivers side of the banged up two seated skimmer and looked to Rook. His hazard mask gave off a hiss of air before he spoke. "I find myself in need of a partner salvaging anything of use Aedolis dump ships drop in the wastelands. The pay is decent. But it is tough work with long hours..... and dangerous. You intrested?" His eye's went to the clear sky in search of any Aedolis ships. It annoyed Mahari how they were all over the place like bugs. He had given patrol ships the slip in the past and was quite confident he could do it again if any took to much intrest.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:11:26 am »
Rook said nothing as the cool water ran down his enourmous, dry throat, he knew to take what was given to him but take it carefully (which was why he sniffed the water first as subtly as possible). Rook's nose was powerful, he could track through mud and rain, sometimes even storms, and he had been trained to identify poisons and venoms before they ever touched his lips.

But that wasn't the extent of him. He could get away from that by doing this. Shuffling junk around from one place to the next? How hard could it be? It would also be a welcome distraction, and a chance to get acquainted with this world, or lose himself in it. Whichever came first.

He looked away from Seth during his considerations, then turned his fierce gray eyes on the young man. His voice was now quiet, but it never quite lost that growing quality.

"I think I could be, tell me more about the pay, and the details of the...danger you mentioned. If your restrained for time, I can come with you. I have no fear of machines, this is the first one I've seen since I've gotten here".

Kind of primitive. he thought, a whisker twitching.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 05:21:53 pm »
OCC: Sorry if the post is poor. Its been a busy week and I'm tired.

ICC

Mahari liked the aura Rook gave off. Perhaps it was the character in his voice? He could not explain how. He just did. It annoyed him to have to answer so obvious a question as to the dangers. But he did so anyway with a raised eyebrow behind his mask.

"Well, anyone who has spent even a few hours out here should know what dangers there are. But mostly....." He stopped at having Rooks stray thought make its way into his mind. Rooks thought did not bother him. No, he could care less what anyone thought about his junky skimmer. What bothered him was the fact a mental voice not of his own had violated the sanctity of his peace of mind. His mind was his castle away from the world. Taking the few seconds of pause Mahari put up a mental wall to keep Rooks thoughts out. With that task done he continued what he was saying.

"But mostly the danger revolves around the soldiers from Aedolis. As of late they have been out in force all over these parts. The biggest threat would be a pilot.... and there pet dragon" His voice tone was normally cold and indifferent. But the last part of what he said had a faint change. Perhaps disgust? It was hard to tell for most.

"Ill give you some advice about the pilots. If you ever see one you do what everyone else does. Run.... Run your ass off. Mahari was pretty confident he could take on one of his kin in a few more years. After all, he was still young. In his eyes they were pampered by there human masters and so for, soft. Mahari looked to the rising clouds of a developing sandstorm in the distance and waved Rook over with a gloved hand.

"Ill explain more to you about your cut on the way to town"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal