Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Underwater expedition (angel of chaos)  (Read 812 times)

Anonymous

Underwater expedition (angel of chaos)
« on: August 24, 2008, 02:21:46 pm »
As far as the eye could see to the horizon the Tuor Ocean loomed. But a single vessel floated on these dangerous waters. A small reasearch vessel with the names on her side. "New Horrizon" On her bow looking at the toxic ocean a older man wearing what looked liked a cowboy hat was putting on his diving gear. His name was Kasatar Wyvernheart. A well respected man in the field of archeology. But scoffed at by the rest of the scientific community in his secondary job proffesion. Cryptozoology.

Kasatar made sure the special suit he wore was secure. It would protect him from the toxins and other foul things that polluted this ocean. It was well reputed to eat away the soft flesh of a unprotected human in minutes. Something Kasatar would prefer to avoid if he could. A student intern from his class started to check the oxgen tanks on his teachers back. "Are you sure this is the spot?" the young man asked him.

Kasatar took off his weathered brown cowboy hat and handed it to him to reply. "Archeology is alot of guess work. So no, Im not sure. But hopefully this time we hit the spot. The historical records I read at Syn were not very discriptive" Kasatar had come to the Tuor ocean in the past many times before to study the ocean life for new species. But this time he was in search of a ancient temple. Something not seen in, well, a long time. From the "Horizons" scan of the ocean floor. There was a ravine down there. Theoretically, the ancient structure he looked for was down there.

Kasatar put on his diving helmet and made sure there was a oxygen feed before diving off the ships side into the dark water with a splash. When Kasatar was in the water he gave the safety line a tug. Once he got another tug Kasatar started his decent into the blankness. Bubbles exited his helmet as he went down. Kasatar switched on his helmet light not to help him see. It would be awhile before he reached the bottom. But rather to give him peace of mind. Like any ecosystem. There were prey, and predators. Though Kasatar knew he could do little to defend himself if he ran into a predator. He at least wanted to know when a attack was coming.

Down and down he went. For a hour Kasatar went before the bare sandy and rocky bottom came into view. A large fish as big as him was swimming along the floor and went up to examine this alien creature before swimming off. It was a bottom feeder that ate crabs and muscles. Humans were not on its menu fortunatly.

"Ive reached the ravine" Kasatar spoke into the Diving helmets radio. There was no response. Kasatar thought nothing of it to start swimming slowly looking for any signs of a man made structure. Kasatar came accross a structure. But it was not what he was looking for. Never the less it was a find. Better then coming back empty handed.

In the murky water ahead of him was what looked like a stone circle with a alter in the middle. Definetly not a natural formation. "Probably made by some pagan people to worship there false gods" he thought. At one point this place was above sea level.

Kasatar swam up to the circle of stone pillers and started to rub away at it with a special brush as to not damage the ancient structure. The light on his helmet allowed Kasatar to see what lyed under the algae and sand  that fell away. "Hmm..... arcane runes" Kasatar was skilled in reading ancient writings. But arcane writings were different. Only those in the select group that created it could read. And much of that has been lost to history to become one of its countless mysterys.

He pulled out a underwater camera to start taking pictures. Its flashes pushing back the darkness around him along with a few startled fish. Once he moved from pillar to pillar brushing away at them to reveal the writings and documenting them on his camera Kasatar poved to the alter in the center to start examining it. " I wish I had more time to work down here. I wonder what was put on this alter?" He thought. "What kind of offerings would a primitive society offer to there gods? herbs? Animals?...... Human sacrifices......" He did not even know if the ones that even built this were human. But the thought was disturbing never the less.

Kasatar brushed away at the alters surface and started taking pictures of this new historical treasure. It braught joy to his heart to find it. He is the first to lay eyes on it in hundreds of years. It all was so very exciting. After a flashing light of his camera beeping sounded in his helmet. Kasatar looked down to the screen on his forearm computer. "God help me....." he muttered as the sonar device showed multiple large blips circling around him. Kasatar looked around him so the helmet light could shed light on the creatures. Fear quickly took hold.

Sharks, but mutated to things even more terrorfying that would put there great white ancestor to flight. He started popping underwater flares and dropping them in a circle around the stone structure he was in the center off. These creatures eyes were very senstive this deep down. The flares would only provide temperary safety. One of the giant mutated sharks bumped into one of the stone pillars breaking it at the base and topping it over. This really aggravated Kasatar. A piece of history was just destroyed by a stupid fish.

Kasatar spoke into his helmet radio hoping to god someone on the horizon could read him. "Guys....." A weak reply came in. "Whats the situation mister Wyvernheart?" Kasatar paused to watch the hungry sharks swimming around him. "The situation is extremly hostile"...... OH SHIT!" A shark swam over and grabbed hold of his safty line to start swiming away. Kasatar clawed away at the stone alter trying to get a hold but he was quickly being dragged from the safety of the flares to be swallowed up by the seas darkness.

Now without the flares a shark came into bite at him. Kasatar delt a quick blow to its nose forcing the predator to retreat for now. Sharks noses were filled with special sensors to detect the electrical currents living creatures bodys naturally emited. Hitting it would confuse and hurt it.

Still being dragged along the ravine floor and hitting every rock that seemed to be in his way Kasatar reached to his hip to unclip the safety line.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Underwater expedition (angel of chaos)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:50:03 pm »
Having only woken up a couple of centuries ago thanks to the foul toxins being dumped into the ocean, the creature known as Leviathan napped on the ocean floor, disguised as some sort of large chain of underwater mountains. As he napped, the tens of thousands of eyes running the entire length of his four-thousand-mile-long body blinked open and closed in a line and surveyed the ocean around him. Having existed for millions of years, everything was pretty much the same aside from the toxins.

Then one of his eyes caught an unusual sight: a muta-shark (as he appropriately dubbed the infected sharks) towing what looked to be something humanoid-shaped...a human? He looked to be in trouble, for he was struggling to break free from the muta-shark. Closing the eye, Leviathan's true eyes opened at his head. The human was spotted twenty-five miles from where his head and first pair of arms were, so that part of him doubled back.

As Leviathan moved, the entire ocean floor shook violently. For a giant sea serpent, he moved rather fast at about 100 miles an hour. When he was upon the muta-shark and the human, he stretched out with both of his giant, clawed hands and closed them around the both of them. Knowing that humans normally breath air and not toxic water, Leviathan then slowly ascended to the surface.

When Leviathan broke the surface, he sensed another craft float atop it, so he rose in such a way that the large waves that formed were directed away from it. He then drained the water away from his hands and opened them, revealing the human and the dying muta-shark.

As soon as the human regained his composure, Leviathan looked down upon him with his giant head and spoke:

"Well, now there's something you don't see every day...a human swimming around in the ocean. I've never met one up-close. What's a surface dweller like you doing in a place like this?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:04:05 am »
Kasatar uncliped the safety line and jammed his feet into the ravine floor to slow him down. The mutated sharks were all around him again. Popping the last of his flares Kasatar waved it around to any shark that got to close making the things close there eyes in pain.

The diver noticed something unsual happening. The sand and rocks under his feet started shifting almost like there was a quake. Funny as Kasatar had not heard of a underwater quake in this part of the sea before. The sharks quickly started to flee. Something kasatar should have been happy about. But was not. If they were scared. He damn well should be to.

One of the younger sharks still inexperienced to know any better was not quite ready to give up this meal and came in to finish Kasatar off. Something large cupped around him and the shark. Of course this did nothing to help Kasatar. He now was stuck in a confined area with the hungry beast.

He beat his hands against the rough scaled surface and ducked as the shark rammed into the surface knocking itself out. "stupid thing" Kasatar mumbled. To wave his flare around to examine the strange wall like structure that he now was in. He was completly unaware of his acent back to the surface until the water started to drain from the chamber and it parted to show what looked like very large clawed fingers.

Kasatar dared to look up slowly at the monsterous head looking down at him. "What the...." he managed to say in awe. Back on the deck of his ship the student intern looked up and pointed a finger at the leviathen. He young man let out a very unbecoming girlish cry. "M...M....MONSTER!" Momma!" He ran towards the door leading into the horizon still looking over his shoulder. This rewarded the overexited young man to run into the right side of the door knocking him on his ass.

After hearing this strange and definetly new species voice Kasatar regained his composure. It clearly possesed a human level of intelligence. Perhaps even higher. He already started making theorys as to how this creature became to be. "Perhaps a higher evolved Dragon from one of its lesser sea living ancestors" Kasatar pondered. If only he knew.

He only shook his head in disgust at his apprentice down below on the deck of his ship. Seeing as this beast did not want to eat him Kasatar took off his diving helmet to speak with it.

"Yes, Well, I am a archeologist you see. I travel the world, or others for that matter to uncover, learn, and preserve ancient historical things for future generations to enjoy. I dare say, You remind me of a ancient biblical creature I once read about. Hmm.. Now what was it called. Krakan? No that is a ancient sea farers tale.... Leviathen I think." he was lost in his thoughts before he realized it. "Oh! But do forgive me and my rudeness." Kasatar put his right hand on his chest and bowed extending his right to his side. "I am Kasatar Wyvernheart"

He stood back upright to look down to the sea below. "I really do not wish to be rude. But perhaps could you please put me back on the ship my big friend" He really wanted to take a picture of the large reptile but though it may have a high level of intelligence. Animals were animals. Best not take the chance of spooking it with the flash. Kasatars mind wandered. He would have to document this intensively. Perhaps get biological samples. A scale. Blood would be even better.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:05:23 am »
Leviathan raised a giant eyebrow. So that's what archeologists do; search and preserve ancient artifacts and places for the future. He gave a booming laugh as the man said that he reminded him of Leviathan. "A pleasure, Mr. Wyvernheart. And yes, I am that ancient creature that you speak of. I am Leviathan."

Since his hand was so freaking huge, Leviathan set his hand next to the tiny craft and into the water until Mr. Wyvernheart was knee-deep in it. He then allowed the human to return to his craft before raising his hand again. Despite being a four-thousand-mile-long sea serpent, Leviathan was very careful and precise.

"And as for the Kraken, I can tell you that he is no seafarer's tale. He is very real. Been around for about a million years. Unfortunately, because of these toxins that have been infesting these waters, he's lost his mind and mutated into an even deadlier form, which saddens me because we used to be good friends."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:30:30 am »
Kasatar grew ever more facinated and amazed by this new find. Naturally thoughts came into his head. Moral questions. If he got evidence of this 'Leviathens' existance. He would most certainly become famous. But then again with every action came a negetive reaction. Such as the posibility of people coming to try and destroy him. For Kasatar knew well that what man did not understand. They feared. And what they feared, man often trys to destroy. Why on a expedition into the mountains he found a small clan of wild dragons.

He knew these reptiles were near extinct and highly saught after. Rather then reporting it. Kasatar kept there location secret, as he just decided to do for this ancient beast. "Oh why thank you" Kasatar said with a childish laugh and started to climb up a ladder to the Horizons deck. He nudged his interns side with a foot. "wake up! There is work to do" The young man held his head and let out another girlish scream and pointed with a finger to the Laviathen.

Kasatar shook his head and pushed the mans hand down. "Now dont be rude to our new friend" The man looked at Wyvernheart like he was crazy. "Friend!? Sir! Its a monster!" Kasatar scowled and gave the young students ear a hard pinch with a finger. "Manners....." he said sternly. "It is not only rude, but unwise...." Unwise indeed considering the giant serpant made the ship look like a insect. "Now go get me my video camera eh? Good lad" he patted the scared students back in assurance as he quickly dispeared through a doorway into the ship.

Kasatar walked over to a desk and put his diving helmet on it and picked up his weathered leather cowboy hat to put it on. "You must forgive my student. He is in training and young. Ignorance sadly is a curse of youth. But he makes up for it with energy and enthusiasm. He will give you proper respect when he" Wyverheart paused to look leviathen up and down. "Gets use to your presence"

Straining his kneck to look up at the great beast Kasatar squinted his eyes at the suns light and asked. "So tell me my large friend. How is it all this time. After all these years you have managed to remain hidden? How many more of your kind are there?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:16 am »
Leviathan gave another booming laugh. "It's not a problem. Youngsters...even the primitive sea creatures...certain ly have the energy and enthusiasm to rise to the occasion. But I must say that 'monster' is such a derogatory term for one such as I. I should say that I mean no harm to either of you. I'd rather talk than eat."

Seeing that Mr. Wyvernheart had to crane his head so high in order to see just Leviathan's head, Leviathan responded by lowering the upper part of his body into the water until the bottom of his jaw was just twenty feet above the water. He then looked down at the tiny human before him and answered his questions.

"Yes, I am very good at hiding. All these years, many creatures and humanoids have mistaken me for a very long chain of undersea mountains. I've spent the better part of sixty-five million years in hibernation, yet I am always aware of the changes and evolution that is transcending both below and above the oceans.

"Sadly though, I am the only one of my kind left. There used to be another...my female counterpart...but the two of us were so huge and so powerful that our presence threatened to destroy the world. And so a warrior sent by the gods utterly destroyed her to restore balance to the world. I might be wrong about this, but what little remnants of her that were left gave birth to a new species that dwell on both land and sea. I believe you might call them 'dragons'. But that is merely what I've speculated. My memory isn't what it used to be."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:38:54 am »
Kasatar was very much happy to hear from Leviathen that he would rather talk then eat. Wyvernheart could only speculate the magnitude of prey this higher evolved reptile required. He had no doubts that at one point it must have eaten a human. Perhaps Leviathen found them not tasty.

As the ancient sea creature lowered its head the young man came out warily and handed his teacher a video recorder to retreat back into the ship peaking through a port opening.

Kasatar turned on the camera to shoulder it and start filming. "Sixty five million years? Now that is quite some time to live. How on earth do you entertain yourself?" Kasatar had a theory about the long lifespan. There was a chemical thats name eludes his memory that broke down cells. Perhaps this creature had evolved in a way that completly suppressed those chemicals.

Wyvernheart was saddened to hear Leviathen was the last of his kind. But his story about the warrior reminded Kasatar of a story passed down in his family. About there ancestor that acted as the hand of god to slay a giant monster with a celestial spear. That spear still remained in there family. But it existed as just some family trinket to be passed on. Kasatar hardly believed in gods or the storys of his family for that matter. He was a realist. A man of science.

"I am sorry to hear of your loss. I assume her to be your mate then. Tell me more about this warrior and the god he served?" Kasatar tryed his best not to smile and laugh at the thought. He did not want to insult his new friend. He hoped everything came up good on the recorder. It was all solely for documentation and review.

Kasatar panned the camer around to get a good view of leviathens entire head. "What is your oppinion of what mankind has done this this planet? Kasatars young student turned away from the porthole he was looking out of towards a radio that started spitting out chatter.

He reached over to the volume button and turned it up a bit and and quickly turned around to run out onto the Horizons deck. "Mister wyvernheart! I think we should go. Just picked up some chatter from the radio. A military patrol is heading out this way. They sound angry."

Kasatar lowered the video camera from his shoulder and scanned the sea until he saw a small craft quickly approaching. "Ah bloody hell" He muttered. Wyvernheart looked to his large friend and said. "You should hide. I will try to talk with them and hopefully send them on there way" He turned around to put the video recorder on the table next to his diving helmet while muttering. "These are international waters. Why are they bothering me now"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal