Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Welcome to Fight Club  (Read 567 times)

Anonymous

Welcome to Fight Club
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:32:27 am »
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells, "Stop," goes limp, taps out... The fight is over.
Fourth rule: Only two guys to a fight.
Fifth rule: One fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes.
Seventh rule: Fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule:
    If this is your first night at Fight Club... You have to fight.[/list]

[center:36wttynh]Welcome to Fight Club
    In the lower level of Haviah exists a barbaric, underground group of individuals looking for a real, physical release from the bonds of their lives in the waking day. There are no words, only the sounds of flesh hitting flesh, bodies hitting pavement, and the wordless cries of the fighters and their crowd.

Members:
    Benny van der Behrn
    Dermut Gottschalk
    Jermi Tortes
    Jornal Lael

On-Going Threads:
    None yet.[/center:36wttynh]

Here's how this will work:
      [li]Firstly, let me know which character will "join" Fight Club- leaving is an option any time as well. I will add them to the member's list here so you know who you can go to for a Fight Club fight. [/li]
      [li]Only fights with the consent of both parties are allowed; you cannot post an "ambush" thread for a Fight Club member and expect it to count. [/li]
      [li]You're free to organise Fight Club fights however you like with whatever means you like, but be sure to link me to your Fight Club threads so I can add them here. That way it's "official," see! 8D Plus, other members will know who is busier than who.[/li]
      [li]Play fairly. Take into account physical size, abilities, and experience and be realistic. If you're not extremely comfortable or familiar with the other player, it's best if you pre-plan the outcome and/or choreograph it a little more.[/li]
      [li]Don't start drama over this. The point of Fight Club isn't to win, it's to beat the crap out of someone (or get the crap beaten out of you). That's not to say your character may not feel like that's a personal goal, but as a player, don't get into a hissy over winning and losing. If your partner isn't being realistic because they want to win, and you've talked to them about it civilly, just let the thread go.[/li]
      [li]Be sure to check over other people's limits in regards to fighting and injuries before you start playing with them!
      [/li][/list]

Things to keep in mind:
        [li]There are no names in Fight Club; even if your characters know each other by name outside of Fight Club, your characters won't be using them to address each other here.[/li]
        [li]What goes on in Fight Club, stays in Fight Club. Unless your character is a vindictive ass with some psychological problem or four.[/li]
        [li]It's usually frowned upon within Fight Club to hold grudges. If it's too much of a problem, you risk being kicked out.[/li]
        [li]Body size, fighting experience, and physical ability should be kept in mind. A big, muscular man will be able to hit like a ton of bricks, but he'll be slower than normal. Alternatively, a lanky bloke won't be able to dish out heavy hits, but he'll probably keep the buff one running around until he tires out. [/li]
        [li]Not everyone has magical and/or physic abilities, and their use is considered cheating. If your character is obvious or gets caught, expect them to be kicked out.[/li]
        [li]Women probably won't be taken seriously, but for all means and purposes they will not be excluded from Haviah's Fight Club.[/li]
        [li]BE REALISTIC. This can't be stressed enough. It's already a fragile idea and takes a degree of give and take from all sides, so please don't ruin the fun for anyone. If there's any problems over what exactly is realistic enough, communicate with your partner!
        [/li][/list]

[center:36wttynh]OH GOD LOTS OF TEXT D:
        Sorry, ha. Just making sure the ground is covered for absolutely everyone! Now! Let's get to the fighting, fellas.[/center:36wttynh]
        « Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:20:18 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Welcome to Fight Club
        « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:23:46 am »
        Are pilots allowed to be in it? I would love to put Jorn in it, but I really don't know how good he would do. He is strong, but would probably have some sort of prank fighting technique.
        « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:16:04 am »
        I'd love to throw Jermi Tortes into it, but he is a pilot as well. Of course inside Fight Club it wouldn't really matter what you are on the outside.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:41 am »
        Indeed. You don't even have to explain what you do to anyone on the outside, so everyone's allowed.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:07 pm »
        Well Jorn and Jermi were supposed to go to a bar together, I started the thread today, and I was thinking to give it some spice one of them would know about the club, and find one going on or something. Still have to hear back from Shep but it could be cooool.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:57:53 pm »
        Awesome, yeah. If you need a fight to walk in on, I can throw Dermut in there with an NPC or something. Or... Well I guess you could do that too with just two NPCs, but yeh. XD;

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:54:57 pm »
        This sounds like something Benny might take part in, eventually (with Meketh on the side taking bets, if that's allowed!)

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 12:23:40 am »
        Well sure. Technically you could also use magic and psychic ability, and play dirty, etc. It's just a matter of being discreet, because if it's not, then someone's going to notice and your character would be in trouble with the club. But everything goes that you can get away with, haha.

Shall I add Benny, Jermi, and Jorn to the member's list then?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 07:39:04 am »
        I'm in, altho Benny's not that often on Earth, and legally shouldn't even be there!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:05:57 am »
        Sure add me, and Kit, that could happen in the thread, let's see where it takes us.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 09:50:32 am »
        ooh, if Jornal is also there, there might be some friction with Ben...

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 11:46:23 am »
        Yeah I would think that Derm would be there! I wouldn't want to play it out without you involved when it's just starting =) And yes add him ^_^

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:26 am »
        Alrighty. :) Just throw me the link when it's up.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:30 am »
        [center:2ii5di4i]Cause You Da Bomb[/center:2ii5di4i]

^_^, When we get to the bar I'll PM you or Cmder could. =)

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »
        Groovy 8)

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 10:19:18 am »
        ....o.O

I am so, so tempted to take Latona out of retirement for this o.O I actually tried to start a similar plot but there wasn't enough interest o.O

....Argh....

I don't know whether to or not o.O

EDIT:
        Ah hell with it! I will ^^

Consider Latona in ^^ She's a pilot as well...but her non-human race makes her naturally as strong as a bodybuilder xD

Do they get like in-ring names or something like wrestlers? Cos that would be awesome and I already know what I would use for her xD

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 02:00:42 pm »
        There are no names, officially. Stage or otherwise. I imagine they might invent names for each other (much like the narrator calling one of them Angelface), but I don't think there'd be any actual stage or real names used.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal