Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Military Action  (Read 464 times)

Anonymous

Military Action
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:13 pm »
Alright, ladies and gentlemen. There's a war going on right now, and therefore there oughta be a lot more to military life than pilots and pie, don'tcha think? Seems like it's high time we kicked up a little action. With that in mind, here's what's going on:

Edanith has long been in the process of terraforming Mars into a planet that can be as beautiful and, most importantly, inhabitable as Earth once was. Little by little, their efforts have been met with success. Recently more areas have been made inhabitable, and a small number of new settlements have begun to spring up here and there. These settlements will be designed as both towns with civilian life in mind, and as military outposts so that the newly-reformed land and the people who inhabit it may be protected from Edanith's enemies.

Naturally, Aedolis could not allow them to operate unopposed. Should they be allowed to succeed, Edanith would be provided with easier access to more of the developing world's growing number of natural resources. Several raids have been planned on these new settlements, and it now falls to the unsuspecting soldiers of Edanith to protect them.

So here's how it'll work: whoever's interested in fighting for either side (or even both!) can sign up in this thread. Depending on the number of people who have signed up, we'll set up one or more threads for these new 'settlements' on Edanith. I'll basically be running the narrative aspect of each threads, while each of you control your individual characters. If you want, you can state whether you would prefer to have the opportunity to go up against other player characters, or just be up against an NPC military force, although I should point out that victory is not guaranteed for either side in either case. I should also point out that opposing NPC's should not be treated as cannon fodder. There may be a little more free license to kill them, but expect opposition to be every bit as skilled as your own character. This is about two armies coming together to fight, not one dude who can run in and totally wtfpwn them all like some video game.

Anyway. Characters involved in the assault/defense of these settlements will be given some opportunity to RP somewhat more peacefully before the action starts, or if all those involved in a particular thread agree we could jump right in.

So, who's interested? If you'd like in on the action, go ahead and reply to this thread with your characters and arrangements will be made.

Just...bear with me please, 'cause I move kinda slow. >.>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Military Action
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:01:25 pm »
It's his first time be gentle!
You know I'm in on this since I helped j00 Mwaha.
Well acted as a wall to bounce idea...balls...off of....anyway.

Yurp, I'm in.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »
I'm in. Bastian could use the excercise.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:18 pm »
Cool. Kitsy, I'll be relying on your help, so thanks.

If possible, I would prefer mostly for non-pilots on the Aedolian side. Since pilots are sort of Aedolis's elite, I would rather see some more regular soldiers. Besides that, aren't the pilots and their dragons usually confined to Earth?

However, if it is feasible for him to be there I won't turn down your pilot. Just don't expect me to make it easy. >.>

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:56:52 pm »
It'd be cool to see Lil Aedolin soldiers.
We don't see a lot of them.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:37:56 pm »
Just as a note, lades plays the head honcho of aedolis, so if aedolis is going to war it's his call (after he gets the ok form Rhi of course). On that note, I control edanith, so I can tell you they aren't actually at war now.

If you di make some sort of attack, Edanith shall defend itself, of course. ^^ But they aren't going to instigate at this point, just making that clear.

EDIT: Just to add as well, Edanith is rather secure. They have to be, to stop mages from infiltrating their world, so any 'raids' on small settlements would have to find a way past a blockade of starships and ground based defense screen. I'm sure it /can/ be done, but just lettin yah know what they'd be up against.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 04:29:53 pm »
On that note, I control edanith, so I can tell you they aren't actually at war now.

Well, that directly contradicts the information on Edanith that is linked through the main page, which I note had been submitted by you:

But they haven’t lost all their ties to the old Earth, either. That was their home, the one place where they feel truly connected, and they resent Aedolis for having forced their exodus and for killing the Earth. No, Aedolis is still their mortal enemy and they continue to wage war against them even from Mars—which is conveniently close to the Earth. After all, what will happen when Aedolis is no longer satisfied with the Earth?

The next likely place for them to look is Mars. And Edanith is simply not going to allow that.

So if something has happened to change that fact then I'd appreciate it if the page could be changed to reflect that. Makes it difficult to plan things when you discover that a major part of its premise turns out not to be true.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 04:50:39 pm »
Actually, only the government information is mine.

They are in a state of cold war at the moment. neither side has actually had a direct conflisct, at least not since the conception of the site. So yes, they are constantly in a state of war, but neither side is attacking at the moment, so it's a cold war.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:21:50 pm »
That's pretty much what I'm trying to change here, actually. It seemed odd to me that the two were supposedly at war with no actual military action occurring so I thought it'd be interesting to stir some up. For the record, I've spoken to Rhi about it already and she was enthusiastic about the idea; in fact, she even agreed to help with it should I need it (which is dependent on how many people become interested in the idea.)

As for Aedolian forces actually reaching Edanith without getting shot down, perhaps it's easier for smaller forces to slip undetected through their defenses? And that'd be at least one reason why they can make these smaller assaults on freshly-established settlements but won't make a full-on attack.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:41:45 pm »
Actuaaaaally.

Lades has 'quit' as far as I know. So Pilot Imperial is open and needed to be filled.

No Choco, you can't have it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:59:33 pm »
Lades quit. ^^;; I just got his PM a day or so ago, so we're gonna be needing a new Pilot Imperial here. xD;;

Anyway, I'm for it. I just think we'll have to focus on getting Edanith built up more for it to work well, and get more normal soldiers! x3 I'm also all for the fact that it'd be mostly normal soldiers, because the Pilots are currently a bit occupied on the home front (well, once Tal posts. :B).

I'm in. I have a couple of Edani characters. x3 And I need a normal Aedolian soldier.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:47 pm »
Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"
Lades quit. ^^;;

Thus, Smileyhat saw his opportunity to swoop in and take control...

*cough*

So anyway. I've got my Edanith soldier up for it, and would be willing to play one on the Aedolian side as well if need be.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 02:16:11 pm »
I'd be in except that I don't have a Pilot. Maybe my life needs more Pilot.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 02:52:34 pm »
You life needs more Pilot. *nods sagely*
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 03:36:02 pm »
Actually, as I said before I'd kinda prefer non-pilots for this. So perhaps what your life needs is more regular Aedolian soldier. >.>

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »
Def! The Pilots are running all over the place. I'm sure lower levels exist =D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal