Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Practice makes perfect! [Open!]  (Read 637 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Practice makes perfect! [Open!]
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »
The pen twitched.

It actually twitched!

Rachel broke out into a grin and leaned closer to the table, hand still hovering over it. Sure, she didn't actually need to do any weird flourishes or hand motions or anything to activate her psychic powers or whatever, but it helped, at least in her own mind. Made using her brain abilities more...tangible, she guessed. But--oh crap. Maybe she hadn't actually moved it with her brain? Maybe waving her hand around had created a small wind and that's what made the pen twitch?

With a grimace, Rachel let her hand drop back to her lap, where she folded her hands for good measure before resuming her staring contest with the pen, eyes narrowed to slits and brow crinkled with concentration. And she'd been doing a lot of concentrating; it was kind of unbelievable how much strain and effort something like thinking really hard took, enough that beads of perspiration had formed along her forehead.

Alright. This time she'd do it.

This time, the pen would move.

And this time, she would be one-hundred percent certain that it was no accident!

It was kind of funny, too, that after several months of being around a bunch of crazy psychic kids of varying degrees, someone staring intently at a pen in at a random cafeteria table was pretty darned normal, as far as psychics went.

It could be a lot weirder.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Silice

Re: Practice makes perfect! [Open!]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:02:34 am »
Uriel walked through the training center, smiling and waving to the kids that recognized her.  She would stop when asked and respond to any questions they had.  It was endearing, and part of the fun of coming here.  It was definitely enjoyment to know that what little things you passed on could have such a profound impact on another.

However, she had skipped breakfast this morning and wandered towards the cafeteria.  Obviously it was a little weird to have an adult go up and get a tray of food.  Uriel really didn't pay much mind to this, just smiling to the staff members before turning to the cafeteria at large.  Now it was a matter of finding a place to sit and eat, and she found one.  A small grin spread on her face as she moved through the room, towards a small table with a girl sitting at it.

Uriel stepped up next to Rachel.  "May I sit with you?"  She looked down, smiling at the girl.  Having noticed that the girl was attempting Telekinesis on the pen in front of her.  This was the perfect time to help, as it was her area of expertise.  She stood there with her tray, until Rachel gave her to go ahead to sit down.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:10 am »
Another Stage 1 candidate might have spooked when approached by an adult here. After all, adults could be either instructors, other military personnel, or even Pilots. And this one, in her uniform, was definitely a Pilot. Rachel, however, looked up in mild surprise at being approached, but didn't look too shocked about the situation.

In fact, after a moment's pause in which she looked over the woman's uniform to glean her rank, she broke into a smile and motioned to the chair across from her.

"Oh! Yes, of course! By all means, Pilot..." Her face fell a little, and she let out a small laugh. "Sorry, I don't think I've met you before! I'm Rachel. Rachel Tierney. Uh, you might know my brother? Gabriel Tierney?"

It was the reason Rachel had adapted so easily to candidate life, and the reason she wasn't all intimidated or starstruck like a lot of the other gracies. When you had an older brother who had already been through the process, it was less unnerving. She'd gotten to visit him a lot with her family, she'd met many of his other Pilot friends, and the guy was dating Roman, another Royal, who'd always had a reputation as being a scary bastard but which Rachel knew wasn't true.

Pilots were just like everyone else, really.

Just cooler.

...Okay, maybe she was a little starstruck.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Silice

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 06:50:01 am »
Uriel sat down across from the girl and nodded her head in appreciation.  She let the girl talk and tell her her name.  Of course she's come across her brother, not in person but she'd read the files.  Then again...she read every pilot's file.  "My name is Uriel, and I am a Royal Pilot."  She inclined her head lightly, like a small bow.  She smiled before eating some of her food.  She looked at the pen and then back to Rachel.  "Well...let's see you move it.  That is what you practicing correct?"

Uriel motioned towards the pen.  She wanted to see if the girl could do it.  If not...she'd be more than happy to give her own advice.  A couple of coins slipped from her pocket and began to roll around on the seat next to her.  It was a distraction, something for her mind to latch on to.  It was really quite easy for her, but Rachel seemed to be having issues just getting one pen to move.  She'd rather help than have another person sent off to that damn TRIM.

She forked another mouthful and ate it, while watching Rachel and the pen intently.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:06:39 am »
"Yup! That's what I was doing. Or trying to do. I think I did it, but that may have just been me breathing on it, so a second pair of eyes to tell me I'm not crazy is always nice!" Rachel said with a sheepish grin, before turning and fixing her eyes on the pen again.

Then, realizing she was leaning in rather close, she cleared her throat and sat back in her chair so as not to accidentally blow on the pen. "Alright, then," she said, and cracked her knuckles, even though she wouldn't be using her hands. "Here goes."

It was difficult at first. Difficult to get herself in the right frame of mind with the added pressure of a Royal watching and judging her technique. But she got over that fast. They were here to help, after all! To help her improve! And so she furrowed her brow and concentrated, tongue poking out the side of her mouth and brow creased.

She stared, and stared, and stared, reaching for the telekinesis she knew she had, but that liked to act of its own volition more than it liked to obey her. She imagined it taking the shape of a tiny whip and flicking the pen with a sharp snap.

A minute or two passed--

And then the pen spun on the table and toppled right off the edge.

"OKAY THAT WAS TOTALLY ME! YES!" Rachel burst out, throwing her fists in the air. "You saw that, right?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal