Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Hello All ~  (Read 405 times)

Ambassador Karik

Hello All ~
« on: June 01, 2014, 09:27:24 am »
Hey there, guys. I'm new here (of course, given the thread section). I found this place after a long trek of browsing through forums in the sci-fi genre until I found something that was both interesting and active.

I'm a little lost on the plot, but I'll catch up. Beforehand, I had a couple questions I haven't been able to find the answer to as of yet.
1. What are the character creation protocols? My intention was to use a character who is somewhat new to me so I may develop him. His species is alien in nature, but very primitive and doesn't come with magic or technology of their own making. This kind relies on adapting to other species' forms (over years, by no means instant) and taking on their culture. He would be started out very human, just with a different home. Does this fit within the character creation requisites?
2. I'm not clear on what the audience is here. Though not my intention to use it, are explicit/swear words prohibited? Is this place to be kept somewhere between PG and PG-13?

Anadwen

Re: Hello All ~
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:06:31 am »
hello and welcome!

I'm not too 'old' here either, but I am very familiar with RotE's sister board, SotE, and since they are fairly similar in terms of rules, I think I can answer you :)

1. I think you'd be okay. There is no limitation concerning races etc. as long as they're original and stuff, so I don't think you'd have a problem with this.

2. Most threads are some PG 13 - 15, though I don't think swearing and foul language is THAT prohibited. I usually just *** everything except for the first and last letter of a harsher swear word. The PG-13 concerns more graphic violence and gore and explicit physical content. However, threads marked M (as in Mature) are R-rated and you can have as much swearing, blood, gore, violence and other... Stuff in there as you want. However, an M-marked thread can only be led when both sides are over 18 and agree with it.

Ambassador Karik

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:10:50 am »
Noted, and thank you. It's good to know. Do you have any suggestions for getting started? I'm thinking of filling out my two characters and then... well, I'm not sure yet. I'm looking for an active thread (as in new posts within the last day or two). As stated, my characters are new to me so I don't know yet where they would prefer to be.

Anadwen

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:12:59 am »
you can plot with me! I'm a fast poster, so if you want a thread that progresses fast, you can PM me and we can plot!

or PM someone else that has a character that interests you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal