Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: No Really, It's A Box (ideas appreciated)  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Flakeblood

No Really, It's A Box (ideas appreciated)
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:03:27 pm »
Okay, my friend and I are planning on sneaking her character out of Aedolis. We are trying to get Kay onto the ship that my character, Kit, owns. (see signature)

This seems like a rather hopeless prospect without some help. So, we invite all citizens, guards, malcontents, visitors and anyone else who wants to help and/or hinder us to join! Mostly helpers, but what's escape without a little drama?

If you have any ideas on how this might be accomplished, lay them out!
We've gone over several ideas ourselves (mostly involving boxes and sneaky exits) and have actually come up with questions of our own.

*How tight is security at the space port? Mostly for leaving with cargo or things you've bought.
   *In that line of thought, do they scan? And how far away can they detect an ID chip? Must they touch the skin?
   *Do they have psychics there, or just usual guards? (This may also be dependent on who wants to RP)

Brainstorming wanted!

EDIT: Thread here! Feel free to jump in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:37:20 pm by Flakeblood »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: No Really, It's A Box (ideas appreciated)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »
1.) Security is pretty tight (like an airport xD), but the guards are only human, too. So there's definitely room for human error. There's also room for intentional human error if someone working there is in league with, say, the Gospels and the like.

2.) They scan and likely have drug dogs and the like, too! I imagine it works similar to an airport, with cargo x-rayed and scanned. As for an ID chip when scanning a person, they have wands they can use to detect the chip similar (I imagine) to the wands used to detect metal in airports. (I keep using that as an example but hey! It's what keeps springing to mind. xD)

3.) Probably a mix of both. ^^ It'd be unlikely for a Pilot to be working there since they have more important matters to attend, but lower-level psychics too weak to be drafted by strong enough to be useful? Sure!

Oh, also, Mala would be happy to assist! 8D And hinder. All at once. >_>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:00:05 pm »
Thank you for the info, it was very helpful in getting a mental picture! ^^ So, since packing someone in a box and hoping they aren't noticed isn't looking plausible, we may have to sneak her out in plain sight. Both characters will definitely need security to look the other way and get distracted here and there. Cut enough corners and they should just be able to make it.

Actually, on the topic of the chips, can individual IDs be made out at a distance, or just the fact that they have a chip? If security needs contact with the skin to see the detailed info, our escapees might be able to skirt by easier.

I'd be very happy to have Mala help. And hinder. x3 Where would they be most likely to find him?
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Rastul

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »
I'd like to tag along too, it'd be a good way to introduce Syl.

Ismene

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 07:56:38 am »
I think Leto would be a good fit for something like this! Her invisibility could potentially be useful, anyways, as a distraction or a means to have someone on the other side. She'd have to be persuaded somehow, or tricked into it, because I don't think she'd take time off her busy schedule just to help someone break the law, but I'd say that she's probably pretty easily persuaded.

godsibb

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
Alright, thanks you guys! The more the merrier! Flakeblood is visiting family right now (no Internet DX), so hopefully we can get this started in a few days. In the meantime, any ideas/comments/questions/suggestions? :3

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:48:54 pm »
Finally back! ^^ Thanks for showing interest Ismene and Rastul! I think both of your characters suggestions would be a wonderful fit. Godsibb and I would love to have you RP this scenario with us.

Ismene, where would our characters be most likely to bump into Leto? Just a random encounter?(Actually, it may end up being literal if they don't notice her clothes or something xD )

And Rastul, would Syl be staying on Aedolith?

Rastul

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »
Syl's a wanderer, so anywhere. He can be staying in Aedolith for the purposes of this. For convenience I wanted him to be a person who could pop up anywhere, and since the rules are a bit lax about simul / temporal RP'ing, I can do that.

Ismene

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:09:10 pm »
She works as a clerk for the government, so potentially she'd work for customs and be already at the port. Otherwise, she likes her parties so she could be in the clubs, if you wanted something a little less spontaneous.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01:07 am »
Ratsul, I ask only because I wanted to know if Syl would be leaving Aedolis with the escape attempt, or if he would just be a temporary helping hand who stayed behind. Either way is perfectly fine. Since he is a wanderer, I suppose the other characters wouldn't necessarily have to take him since he could always leave on his own?

Ismene, if she'd already be at the port, that works out great!

Rastul

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:43 pm »
I'm .. actually not very sure myself. I can think about it, but if doesn't bug you too much I think it'd be fun to decide then and there.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 09:34:33 pm »
Nope. It doesn't at all. =] It's kinda fun to have randomness thrown in. I don't think godsibb would mind either. (Correct me if I'm wrong sibby!) I suppose it really does depend on how things happen anyway. So that's fine.

godsibb

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Rastul

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:10 am »
Seems like we're waiting for others to come antagonize things. Please leap in and save me from my lack of creativity!

zozee9

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »
wow that thread has a lot of posts. i just checked it out. anyway, if u still need more peeps i can create someone who might be able to help spice things up XD I haven't read it yet, but if i join i will. anyway, if i can join, who should i create? of course, if you're far enough along and don't want anyone else joining, i understand! :)

godsibb

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »
ALDKHDKJLH PLEASE JOIN.

.....I mean, I'd be great if you could join in! 8D Really, any character you feel like creating would be fine, but it'd be great to have someone actually trying to capture them/keep them from leaving. X3

Zane

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »
I have a character Ideal that I have been meaning to make maybe this thread would be as good a place as any to have her make an appearance. That is if you'll have me and my yet to be made character. WARNING: if I do make and add this character things could get very chaotic very quickly (as the character is a weaponized AI that can control electronic systems from afar)

godsibb

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
Heck, that sounds great! I love me some chaos. XDD If you don't mind making her, we'd love to have her.

Rastul

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 03:57:50 pm »
I was going to stir up trouble if nothing seemed to happen, but looks like there are other trouble makers incoming.

godsibb

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 04:44:07 pm »
Haha, well if you still reeeeeally want to cause trouble, I'm certainly not going to stop you. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal