Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Stranger in a strange land (Alfrado, Pepe and Rupert)  (Read 7044 times)

Anonymous

Stranger in a strange land (Alfrado, Pepe and Rupert)
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:11:33 am »
The ATC was a strange, cold place. Alaric was used to the small, tight knit community back home. He had always known he was going to end up here, he had been born with the third eye after all, and that meant physic powers.

But he hadn't realized how lonely it would be. He seemed to be having poor luck meeting people. And when he did meet them, they quickly got weirded out by him and didn't seem to want to hang out anymore. Which made Alaric sad. And he was still trying to fully work out gender. He had always known that other races had it, he just hadn't had to deal with it as much.

The tall, skinny very alien looking candidate sat at a table, the half he was sitting at was quite empty, while the surrounding area was quite full. He gave a small sigh, pushing at his food. It wasn't too big a deal. He just...needed to make other friends. There were lots of people here after all.

Yes. Positive thoughts. He brightened a bit, doing his best to smile at his fries. He would figure out the differences in genders and it would all work out! He had figured out he was a he, at least he thought so anyway. No one had corrected him much on that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:27:07 pm by Anonymous »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Stranger in a strange land (Rhi McFacerson)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:49:50 am »
"Hey, mind if I sit here?"

Across the table from Alaric a shaggy blonde-haired boy stood, having sidled on up while the skinny alien was busy staring at his fries. He didn't wait for Alaric to reply; he just set his tray down with a clatter of silverware and slid into his seat, smiling brightly and tapping the end of his straw on the table to get it out of the paper. "I'll move if you really don't want me here, but you looked glum. Whatcha doing over here by yourself? Seems pretty lonely."

Which was exactly why he'd been attracted to the other kid to begin with.

If there was one thing Gabriel could never stand, it was lonely people. You know, those people that just sat off by themselves looking sad, like they wished someone would only take the time to say hi to them, or even the ones that looked like they'd rip off the face of the first person who did speak to them. It was sad. Always broke his heart. Probably because he'd always been such a freakin' extrovert, the type that would talk to a complete stranger in a grocery store line just because. What could he say? He just genuinely liked people (most of 'em) and he'd go out of his mind if he ever had to be alone like that.

So when he'd seen some skinny kid sitting by himself at a table...yeah. Why go sit with the kids in the crowd? They already had someone.

"So!" Gabriel pulled the pickles off his cheeseburger so he could eat those first, flicking off some of the onions while he was at it. "You new here, too? Well, no kidding, duh, you are, you got the green stripes. Cool, so am I!" he said, touching the collar of his own uniform which bore the same green stripes that proclaimed him as a 'gracie'. "Whatcha think of it here so far--oh! Right right, I'm Gabriel by the way. Feel free to call me Gabe, Gabby, whatever! Nicknames are fun--s'long as they're nice nicknames. Ahem. What's your name--whoa!"

It was right about then that Gabriel actually took the time to get a good look at the other kid's face. Alright, it had been obvious before that he wasn't human, what with the blue skin and tail and nifty ears and stuff, and Gabriel was cool with that. Wasn't the first non-human he'd been around, y'know? But a third eye, too? Gabriel stared, green eyes humorously wide, and then gave a broad grin.

"Dude...your eyes are so cool. Third eye. Whoa. Can you like...move that separate from your other eyes...?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 04:07:56 pm »
At the sound of someone's voice made Alaric look up, startled. It was some bright, smiling blond boy who was already plunking his tray one the table. Alaric returned his smile, his pale face lighting up, "No no! Please stay! I am glad you came over." His voice was lightly accented, though it was hard to place where it was from.

Alaric was the perfect candidate for Gabriel. He was radiating loneliness, and it didn't even take a physic to tell that. The sight of the other boy...Alaric paused, frowning slightly as he stared intently at Gabriel's chest. He tended to default to boy as that was what gender he went by. But he should make sure. And Alaric had worked out that girls had breasts and boys didn't. And Gabriel didn't seem to have any.

But watching him eat his burger made Alaric's smile get wider. It was rather interesting and the boy was just so perky and cheerful it was hard to not be in his presence. "Gabby. That is a good name. It fits you. I am Alaric."

The whoa made the smile fade and Alaric felt a jolt of panic. Gabriel was going to think he was weird and leave. He had hardly even gotten to speak to him...

As Gabriel started going on about his extra eye he relaxed slightly, his smile coming back, "Ah. Yes. Not many of my kind have them. It means we are going to be physics." So he had always known he was going to be a pilot. But that didn't make it any easier to find himself in the ATC, "And sadly, it doesn't move at all. I don't really see normally out of it."

Then the smile faded again and Alaric sighed. He was already liking the cheerful blond and he didn't want to grow more attached then he already was to him just to have him leave later, "I have both a penis and a vagina. Everyone of my race does."

Now the look and the disgust and the name calling could start.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:03:15 pm »
"Well, nice to meetcha, Alaric!" Gabriel said, smiling as his name was complimented. Heh, that had to be a first. It was a pretty common name, right? But he guessed it fit, especially the nickname Gabby. At first he'd loathed it because it sounded like a girl's name, but after a while he'd accepted it.

He could agree with it. He was pretty gabby, he'd admit it. Proud of it, too.

"Haha, so you got a literal third eye! That's so cool! Sucks you can't see out of it though. I bet that'd be trippy. Kinda like being a fly or something." Gabriel rubbed at his own forehead. It kind of sucked, too, though. That meant Alaric stood out like a sore thumb when it came to psychic-ness so he didn't even have a chance, didn't have the novelty of trying to hide it or blame any weird occurances on random chance. Gabriel had been able to get away with that for a while since he looked, well, normal, and he sure as heck hadn't been keen on the idea of getting sent here.

But here he was, and he just had to deal with tha--HUH?

That was when Alaric made his random announcement. Very, very, very random, TMI announcement, and it made all other thoughts come to a screeching halt.

"Neh...? Wh...what...?" Gabriel just stared at Alaric, eyebrows raised and mouth dropped open. His eyes were humorously large. Did he just...did he honestly just say that? How...how did you respond to an announcement like that? Tell him he also had a penis, but that he sort of lacked the vagina? Pat him on the shoulder and tell him, 'that's nice'? Back away very slowly? Correct him and let him know that, generally, you just didn't go around proclaiming what genitals you owned?

Gabriel didn't even care that he had both sets of genitals. Not his business, right? Plus it wasn't like he judged people on that. Don't ask, don't tell or something like that, what they had going on downstairs was just...who cared?

His cheeks felt hot and he just knew he was blushing, but after a moment of silent staring he cleared his throat, popped a fry into his mouth, chewed and swallowed to buy time, and then gave an awkward smile. "Uh, that's...wow. That's like...best of both worlds?" he offered with a lopsided grin. He didn't want to seem mean or rude or anything, but he was seriously at a loss for words. "Um...huh! And you manage to come out of your room? Jeez, some of the guys around here, they had that and they'd never stop--never mind. Well, anyway, I got a penis. Just, er, so we're clear on that I guess?" Gabriel blinked a few times and scratched the back of his neck, still fairly shell-shocked. This felt like kindergarten or something.

Right. Topic change time!

"So! Alaric!" He beamed across the table at him. What to say, what to say...especially after that. "Made any friends here yet? I hear that's what'll keep ya sane here. 'Cause like...the Pilots...yeah. Met any of 'em yet? Dunno about you, but they give me the creeps. Buncha self important...people." He rolled his eyes and took a bite of cheeseburger. "No way I'm turning out like them."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »
Alaric shook his head, "I can see out of it. It's just, well, it isn't a normal vision. I can see different things with it." He shrugged helplessly, not really sure how to describe it any more then he knew how to try and explain color to a blind man.

Alaric didn't really mind having to be sent here. He had always known this was what it was going to be. And it was a big step for him, breaking out of his caste. He could go far as a pilot. The only people who would outrank him were other pilots. But it might have been nice to have done something else with his life.

He watched Gabriel turn red and sputter at Alaric's announcement of his genitalia. It was normally something he didn't feel he needed to share with people right of the bat. But he was tired of making friends with someone to just have them freak out later. So Gabriel got stuck with the over share.

Glancing back at his food he waited for Gabriel to pick up his tray and leave. He didn't seem the type to make fun of him for it at least. When Gabriel continued to awkwardly sputter, Alaric lifted his head to watch him. He couldn't help but grin slightly at his discomfort, "I can't have sex with myself. My penis doesn't bend that way. And I figured you only had one. But the penis is fun."

"I haven't met my mentor yet. I'm a little afraid too. They all seem so...cold." Alaric was starting to feel hope. That he could make a friend, "And....no. Not so much with making friends. Most people freak out about me having both."

He nibbled lightly of a fry before hesitantly asking, "Do you play video games at all?" He had found a really fun on recently where you played demon hunters and had to travel through areas killing demons and collecting parts to get new items.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:46:41 pm »
"Bwuh? That's not...I don't..." Gabriel shoved another fry in his mouth to distract himself so he didn't end up banging his head against the table in utter incredulity--because that would have meant a face-plant right into his burger and ketchup and discarded onions. Besides, he didn't want to be mean...but at the same time, he could sort of see why maybe Alaric didn't exactly have a crowd swarming over him. If Gabriel were a different person, he would have fled right then and there from the over-share, but he'd hung out with stranger folks. One of his best friends back home had a tendency for TMI but she was an awesome chick, geeky like him though you'd never tell from her preppy clothes.

He just...really didn't need to know the details of her monthly cycles, is all. For some reason she felt like she could just go on and on about it to him. Something about how he wasn't like other guys and was really easy to talk to. He got that a lot--and sometimes it sucked.

Like now.

"That's...well, alright then. Uh. Thanks?" he finally said for lack of anything better, still befuddled over why he needed to know that. It was the sort of thing you'd tell a date, not someone you'd just met. But soon enough and the subject had passed, Gabriel was over it (was it sad that he was kind of used to it?) and Gabriel frowned. Well. Now it made sense why Alaric would tell him, he guessed, if other people freaked.

"Yeah, me neither and I'm not to keen on meeting him or her, but...I wouldn't be scared." He offered up a cheerful smile, hiding the fact that, honestly, he was scared too and hoping he wasn't doing any accidental projecting--like he could even control it to begin with. He was just used to being the brave one that comforted everyone else. Probably came from having a little sister, always patching up her owies when she fell off her bike or telling her bedtime stories when she woke up from a nightmare. Parents couldn't do it all, they worked long hours.

So just like at home where he hid his fear at seeing Rachel run crying up to him with a gaping, bleeding wound on her knee because he didn't want to freak her out more than she already was, he'd hide his fear here, too.

And he'd hide the little pang he felt at thinking of home. He missed them already. He hoped he'd be able to visit or at least write or call. This wasn't a prison...right?

"You'll do fine. Anyone with three eyes has got to pass with flying colors and I wouldn't expect any less! You got one up on the the rest of us. Other people are probably just jealous and stupid."

With a shrug, he focused on finishing his burger, listening to Alaric speak--and then he perked up immedietely, setting the burger down. "Do I? Hell yeah! What games do you like? I like RPGs and combat ones the most and--oh! Have you played that new one? Devil May Care? Where you're a demon hunter? It's pretty badass!"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:48:11 pm »
Alaric really didn't tend to over share that much, but Gabriel was kind of funny when he got all flustered and at least this meant it was out of the way. If he hadn't been currently depressed over it, Gabriel probably would have been spared the TMI. But as it was, Gabriel came at a bad time.

Grinning at the other boy Alaric shook his head, "Don't worry. I'll stop talking about it now. I don't normally bring that up in the first 5 minutes." He pushed a fry around in the ketchup on his plate, "Just...figured it's easier to have someone get weirded out and avoid me before we got to be friends."

It was nice to know that someone as confident as Gabriel was worried about meeting the mentors as well, "Just because I have a third eye doesn't mean I can pass all the tests. I hope I can, I'm worried about all the physical training though." Alaric was not very muscular. He was a bit of a late bloomer and his race tended to go slower through puberty then humans did, so he was scrawny and gangly looking, "Though I bet you'll pass with flying colors. You'll charm you way through."

He was pretty sure that people weren't jealous of him, though maybe. Having a third eye was rare and important among his race, so maybe that was the same with people. But Gabriel's excited reply to his question drove all other thoughts away. Someone else who liked games! "Me too! I love the ones with good stories and good graphics! I haven't played that one yet! I'm trying to beat Spirit Caliber 5 first. It's amazing!" He was talking rapidly, his hands making excited motions in the air.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 11:24:31 pm »
"Pffft, don't sweat the physical stuff. You seen some of the people around here? I think the whole point of the physical training stuff is, well, to shape us up anyway." Gabriel gave a little shrug and glanced down at his own skinny arms. The most muscle he had on him was probably in his hands, he decided, from mashing buttons playing video games, and the only reason he could think of that he managed to keep slim was because of a good metabolism and his own hyperactivity. Good thing, too, 'cause he sure loved junk food.

"I don't think they'd expect us to come in here knowing what to do or being all buff. They're here to teach us, so you'll do fine and you'll pass because you'll rock their socks. And I'll pass 'cause, yeah, I am charming aren't I?" he said with a broad smile and a wink. Hoo boy, hopefully the higher ups agreed with Alaric's prediction because that would be nice and make a lot of the stress go away. The alternative to passing, after all, was TRIM, and that just wasn't an option. He hoped.

He was too young to be a guinea pig...but he wouldn't worry about that now. He'd worry about that and missing his family and friends when he was alone and not trying to cheer someone else up.

Gabriel smiled as he listened to Alaric talk, watching his excited gestures and trying not to laugh. It was kinda cute how he'd gone from downtrodden and alienated to animated and open just like that, and all it had taken was a kind gesture and a moment of his time. He found that tended to be true of most people, no matter how introverted; it was amazing how easily you could get them to open up. Made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"HAH! I already beat that one!" Gabriel boasted, sitting back in his seat and grinning smugly. "Beat it in the first three days I got it! Woulda beat it faster but I had school. I was working on unlocking all the characters and getting the secret ending but..." He frowned and gave a little jerk of his head, gesturing to the whole of the ATC. "This happened. Getting tossed here. I was so close! Stupid frickin' Pilots, I swear, they can't leave well enough alone and I wish they'd all just drop--! Er...sorry."

Gabriel gave a discreet little cough and dropped the fry he'd been gesturing with like it was a knife, which was also quite squished now since he'd been squeezing the potato out of it. He nudged it under the table with the toe of his shoe and wiped the fry grease off on the leg of his uniform pants. "So..."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 05:49:53 am »
"I suppose so. Though...." Alaric was about as scrawny as Gabriel was, all long limbs and no mass and being so tall only made it seem even more so, "I'm not exactly in shape currently." Alaric was still finishing up his races puberty, his body still rapidly growing. Which meant he wasn't keeping a lot of weight on.

"It's good they aren't expecting us to be buff. That would be a big pile of disappointment with most of the candidates I think. I just...I donno." Alaric gave a small laugh, "Man, how do you seem so relaxed about everything? I'm scared shitless."

The blond boy just seemed like nothing fazed him and it boggled Alaric's mind. He did not want to mess this all up and end up in TRIM. He didn't like torture and big poky needles. Alaric's mental image of TRIM always had some sadistic nurse with some comically large syringe.

"I'm almost done with it. I've been trying to unlock everything as I go." Alaric grinned, excited and so very happy there was someone here who shared him love of video games. He tended to be much more extroverted then Gabriel had found him, but having been unable to make friends at ATC had really started to wear on him. It was hard to stay positive all the time, "I just unlocked the girl from Tenant Evil. She was not easy man. Let me tell you."

Alaric looked a little sad at Gabriel's sudden outburst. He really wasn't sure what was worse, growing up knowing your whole life that one day you were going to develop powers and end up here wither you wanted too or not, or getting snatched out of your life and stuck here. They both kind of sucked.

"Yeah. I know that feeling. Don't feel sorry." Alaric glanced around, not wanting to have a Pilot suddenly walk up behind him or anything, "So....um....I like kittens."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 05:59:49 pm »
It wasn't a Pilot who came up suddenly behind Alaric, but another candidate.  A hand shoved Alaric's head down into his tray of food and with a laugh Cross Letendre settled into the seat next to him.  The yellow stripes upon his collar and cuffs marked him as a stage four candidate.  He was more broadly built than either of the gracies—he ought to be, after having completed the majority of the training program—and his dark brown hair was tucked neatly behind one ear and hung down to his shoulders.  He propped his chin on one hand, reaching over to gank one of Alaric's fries and pop it in him mouth.

"You already are a big pile of disappointment, Al."  Cross grinned pleasantly and stole another fry.  "Try not to let it rub off on any of the decent candidates, ey?  Some of them actually stand a chance."  He ruffled Alaric's hair roughly then slid the kid's drink over for himself.

At stage four, Cross was in the midst of perfecting his psychic abilities, and who better to practice on than a couple of gracies?  He leaped right into Alaric's mind and started rummaging around in there, making no effort hide his presence or ease the entry.  He'd much rather the little herm freak feel it.  While he was in there he picked up the other gracie's name.

Gabriel Tierney.  A tech geek.  Another hopeless loser.  The Pilots were really scraping off of the bottom lately.  A good looking kid, though.  The Pilots would eat him alive.

But at least this one was normal. No third eyes and hopefully no dick where there shouldn't be one.  Scrawny, though.  Basic training would either tear him to pieces or build something stronger out of him.  Alaric, Cross suspected, would snap like a twig under the pressure of the program.  He had a hundred credits riding on it, and not just Alaric, either.  Betting on the new kids was big business among fours and fives, and Cross had half a dozen running wagers on which of them would make it to stage three and which would get sold off to Thanatos.

After learning a bit more about Tierney, he'd add another bet to the pot.

To that end, Cross turned his smile on Gabriel and turned his thoughts to Gabriel's mind, poking around at his surface thoughts, his fears about the candidate program, his preoccupation with video games.  At the same time he kept his own blocks up, lest they get it into their cute little newbie heads to try the same on him.  He'd not met a gracie yet with enough power or control to get around a trained psychic's mid-level blocks.

"Cross Letendre," he said, holding out a hand to Gabriel.  "Candidate, stage four.  I'm Al's very good friend don't ya know.  It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  I'm guessing you're a guy, but around here it's hard to know.  Never can tell what you're getting."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:10 am »
Gabriel, glad for the topic change, had opened his mouth and was about to say he liked kittens too and wished he'd been allowed a pet when, WHAM, Alaric face-planted in his food. No, not face-planted. Shoved. Stunned, Gabriel stared with wide green eyes, a fry half raised to his mouth, as an older kid slid into the seat next to Alaric and across from him. The guy's build and the stripes of color gave him away as a candidate further down the stages than they were, but he hadn't yet remembered what colors represented what stage--save for the gracie ones, of course.

Didn't matter what stage he was at, though. The guy had just shoved Alaric into his plate, insulted him, and now he was stealing his food? After shoving him? The shock slowly melted away and he shut his mouth with a soft click of teeth, letting the fry fall back onto his plate. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, and after he'd just gone and cheered Alaric up! He hadn't known Alaric very long, only a few minutes really, but he'd already decided he liked him. Already Alaric had gained the title of 'friend' in Gabriel's mind, whether he wanted it or not (and it looked like he did).

This new kid?

Was messing with his friend.

Gritting his teeth and flashing what could pass for a smile at the new kid, he unfolded his unused napkin and passed it wordlessly to Alaric so he could clean up his face. His head was throbbing with what Gabriel assumed was a blossoming headache, but he didn't think anything of the cause except that this new kid's attitude was behind it. He could feel his blood boiling, pulse pounding in his ears, and he felt his hands shaking as he flexed his fingers on the table, popping his knuckles. He made friends with a lot of people, including people other cliques might consider 'undesireable', but he knew Cross' type and he couldn't stand them. His own friends, even he himself, had been subjected to his type more times than he could count.

After a while, Gabriel had stopped putting up with the bullshit and he'd learned it was best to deal with it right away than to just hope it'd go away. Not just for his sake, but for other people. Whatever. He could take a beating as long as he could make a statement in the process and he was so over being a pushover.

When Cross pretended to be all friendly-like and extended his hand, his steadily building temper finally snapped.

Gabriel slapped both hands down on the table and stood up, glaring down at the punk. He may not have been built but he was fairly tall at five foot nine and at seventeen years of age he was still growing. "For cereal? Wow! I didn't know 'very close friend' was code for 'giant jackass with bigger compensation issues', Cross-dresser," he snapped, saying the first thing that sprang to mind--as he usually did.

"But I guess you'd know all about never knowing what you're getting since you've probably surprised your fair share yourself! Now stop stalking Alaric, you creep! He already said he isn't interested in your freaky foot fetishes and leaving graphic love letters under his door is not endearing, it's perverted! That crap isn't even physically possible!"

He yelled that last part, loud and clear for the whole cafeteria to hear.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 01:16:34 am »
Finally. Damned paper work was done. So much of it, just to train a candidate, they knew he was able to do it, he knew he was able to do it, but because he was still such a fresh pilot, the scars from when his dragon chose him still ached on his chest, the scars on his face from his candidate days still felt tender.  It’d been so long since they were fresh, but he healed so slowly. The scars were hardly attractive, pink and painful looking.

They didn’t hurt though. So they didn’t bother Remi, and his wife still loved him, so that hardly bothered him, too.

Now that the paper work was done, he could finally go and see his candidate. Alaric, the file read, seventeen, humanoid. Humanoid. Didn’t have a name for his species then, hmm, this would be interesting, cautions read something about claws and there was a note to be careful about his forehead. Okay. Remi wished they’d put pictures on the files, or at least a picture on this file, but he’d know Alaric when he saw him.

Hmm, it was around lunch time so Remi whisked off to the cafeteria first, his lower lip safely tucked in his mouth. A quick glance down at his left hand, the shiny new wedding ring on his ring finger winked at him, and he smirked slightly. Pilots were scary. Other candidates weren’t, and he knew there were some late bloomers.

Remi would pose as a candidate until Alaric didn’t see him as a scary threat. A bright smile covered his tanned face and he quickly removed the wedding ring and put it into his shirt pocket. No uniform for him, he could pretend he was rebelling. Yeah, the guy with scars on his face, sunflower yellow hair, pupiless pink eyes was rebelling via. no uniform. Classic.

Opening one of the many doors to the cafeteria, Remi walked into a very interesting scene. A rather strange boy was getting shoved by another candidate – one down the road, obviously, the air the kid held around him was just screaming ‘I’m better than you, punks.’ And then a smaller one, tall, not quite Remi’s six feet, but tall for a gracie, or just old… Either or.

The things that fell out of that kids mouth had Remi snorfling.

Bad Pilot conduct, but Remi always liked seeing bullies being put in their place. A pleasant smile was on his scar covered face and he slapped his own hands on the table and leaned in, giving them all a look, his own shields up so Cross wouldn’t be able to pick anything out of his head. Gabriel, the blonde, Remi looked at him before turning towards the interesting looking one.

Ah, so that was Alaric. Remi lifted a pale eyebrow, casting his pastel pink eyes on Alaric. “I’m afraid you’ll have to get used to bullies… Or just beat them up… I don’t think Pilots get into candidate squabbles, though you might get a nice one who’ll teach you how to keep them off of you.” Remi tilted his head slightly and pursed his lips before looking at Cross, “You look strong, who’s your mentor?”

Add a compliment and a question and they usually presented themselves with bounds of information about how great they were.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 06:21:32 am »
One minute he was grinning and laughing with Gabriel, starting to feel better then he had in weeks, then suddenly he was making close personal friends with his french fries. It took Alaric a moment to realize what the hell had just happened, then he heard his voice. The alien lifted his head out of the plate, shaking it to get some of the large bits of food off. Ketchup had gotten into his pale white hair, leaving a bright smear of red.

Taking the napkin from Gabriel, Alaric didn't meet the blond boys eyes. He could feel his cheeks turning from pale white to a pale blue as he blushed. He didn't really want his new friend, which he already considered Gabriel, to see him getting picked on like this.

Cross got a death glare from Alaric and he shied away from the hair ruffling, though he wasn't able to avoid the contact all together. A low growl, a rich sound no human throat could replicate escaped his throat, his lips pulling back just a little.

Then his expression flickered to pain, lifting his hand to clasp it over his third eye. The stupid bully was as awkward and clumsy in Alaric's mind as Alaric guessed he was in the bedroom. He hoped the shithead found that thought, "Fuck you Cross. Don't touch me."

He watched Cross hold his hand out to Gabriel and the sharp claws on his left hand tensed, digging deeply into the metal on the tables. There wasn't a whole lot Alaric could do about Cross, as he really couldn't take him in a normal fight. He could probably rip the huge kids throat out, but that wasn't something Alaric really wanted to do. He hated the guy, but not that much.

The last thing Alaric had expected to happen was Gabriel to stand up and start shouting....thing. Really....funny things. The alien's lips twisted up into a smile, his expression a cross between surprise and amusement. Though his body tensed, ready to grab at Cross if he tried to go after Gabriel.

Another boy, a blond like Gabriel, though a much brighter blond with nasty looking scars along his face arrived. Alaric couldn't be all that surprised as they seemed to have gotten the attention of most of the cafeteria. Nothing like the prospect of a good fight.

"I wont get punished for fighting then?" Alaric wasn't sure if it was the best idea to trust the new guy, he could be saying that just to get them to fight and he was far to tightly shielding for Alaric to read anything, and his aura wasn't telling him anything, the shields blocking that as well. But, well, after what was just yelled, Cross was probably going to hurt someone to save face. And Alaric didn't want it to be Gabriel.

He stood up, towering over everyone else there.at 6'2" already and still growing. His race tended to keep growing until they were into their 30's. He growled again, that low, strange sound, his pale eyes narrowing at Cross. Just in case the new guy was totally lying, Alaric would like to have Cross throw the first punch, "Just fuck off freak. Neither Gabriel or I have any desire to sleep with you."

Alaric really wished he was more intimidating looking. He was tall, yeah, but he was all wiry muscle, not having caught up with his height yet. And he just really hoped that Gabriel would stay out of the fight and let Alaric be the one who got beat to a pulp.

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:17 pm »
Cross broke out in a grin as Gabriel lost his cool.  He listened, unresponsive and just smiling up at him.  The kid had balls.  Cross felt in him the tense excitement that came of encountering a truly engaging challenge.  The ones who fought back were always the best.

A pair of hands slapped the table.  Cross's eyes slid from Gabriel to see Remi there, and he half rose to salute the Pilot before catching himself and settling back into his seat.  What was this, now?  The Pilot was out of uniform, not strange in itself, but he'd just asked Cross a question he should already know the answer to.  

Cross held Remi's gaze, deciding if he wanted to out the Pilot or play along.  

Ah, what the hell?  Why not?  He wanted to see where Remi was going with this anyway, and what his interest in the two gracies was.  "Don't got one," he said, shrugging.  "Never needed a mentor.  Guess I'm just that good, eh?"

He leaned back from the table and looked around at all the watching faces.  The tables around them had gone silent.  Every pair of eyes he looked into lowered themselves to the ground or slid from his gaze.  No one laughed at him.  No one would dare.

Cross turned back to Gabriel and Alaric.  Where they were standing, he remained seated.  Where they were emotional, he remained calm.  "You see?"  He waved a hand at the surrounding tables.  "They all have some common sense.  They know I'm days away from making stage five, and after that it's just a few formalities away from becoming a Pilot.  They're thinking of their futures, as you should be."  Their futures...and their pasts.  No few of them had been on the receiving end of Cross's bad regard and didn't want to find themselves there again.

Smiling in a friendly way, he added quietly to Gabriel, "And if you were any kind of smart, kid, you'd watch your mouth around me.  Let me lay it out.  I can make things real easy for you, or I can make things very, very difficult.  In fact, I'm gonna be nice since you're new.  I'm gonna give you some free advice.  If you wanna succeed in this place, try to stay away from Cremepuff here."  Cross jerked his head at the hermy.  "Gotta watch who your friends are in this place.  Al is a failure y'see.  He'll get trimmed after second stage.  You don't wanna get friendly with anyone going through that revolving door.  He'll just pull you down with him."

Cross gave Gabriel a sweeping up-and-down look, and he put a little bite into his smile.  "Oh yeah, one more thing.  See, unfortunately, I now have to waste my valuable time to educate you, seein' as I'd be doing you a disservice if I let you think you could get away with shit like this around me.  I promise you: before the day's out, you will be apologizing to me."

Not here though, and not now.  Not when they were asking for it.  Cross Letendre did nothing save on his own timetable.  He would decide when and where Al and Gabriel paid for their transgressions.

Half the fun was taking them by surprise.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 10:32:58 am »
It was only when Alaric stood up that Gabriel realized just how tall he was, and it was also then that he actually noticed the other kid's claws. Maybe it was the growl that did it. Alaric was skinny and all, but whatever race he was he sure didn't sound meek, and now it was two against one. Cross was still a candidate; they could take him together if Cross wanted to take this further.

He was still glaring down at Cross when someone slapped the table, and his heart just about punched out his his chest before he looked and realized it was another candidate, out of uniform--which seemed kind of nuts, but oh well. Gabriel had other things to worry about right now, like whether or not this new guy was a friend of Cross', maybe. Just like Cross talked big, this kid was obviously trying to act big if he thought the Pilots would let him break dress code, and if they were friends...

Gabriel swallowed, looking from Remi to Cross and sizing them both up, both older than them, Cross a more advanced candidate which probably meant his friend was, too. He hoped they wouldn't break any bones.

Thankfully, he wasn't a friend and it just looked like he wanted to be nosy. Wasn't anything unusual about that; Gabriel could feel dozens of eyes on their table, the cafeteria gone eerily silent, but until just then he'd been too focused on Cross to notice it. He felt his cheeks go hot, face coloring, but only squared his shoulders and stood up straighter. He had just yelled a bunch of crazy stuff at Cross, after all.

"I don't need some Pilot to teach me how to keep bullies off me," Gabriel growled, hating the way Cross was just grinning at him, like the cat that got the cream, canary, and some catnip. He looked too calm, too pleased, just sitting there like that. What Stage was he in, anyway? "I've never taken shit from retarded asshole Cross-dressers, and I'm not gonna start."

He wasn't so sure he felt as bold as he was talking, though. It was different back home, where bullies could only overpower you if they were stronger, bigger, faster, or in a group. But he'd heard all about what a psychic could do with just their minds, and you didn't need brute strength for that. Cross was a Pilot Candidate, older than him, further along, and when Cross started to go on about how he didn't even need a mentor, and that he was just days away from Stage Five, Gabriel felt an uncomfortable sinking sensation in the pit of his stomach.

Oh shit...

Someone smarter than him would have backed down right about then for self-preservation's sake. Pride kept Gabriel standing. If he backed down now, Cross would just think he could trample all over him and his friends and everything he'd said in Alaric's defense, all those years of building up his nerve so he wouldn't take crap from people like this, would be for nothing. He didn't want to be one of those kids that shrank back whenever the bastard looked at him--even if it did mean this was probably going to hurt. A lot.

"Why don't you take your own advice and stay away from us?" Gabriel snapped, eyes locking on Cross'. "Lead by example, yeah? Or go bug someone your own age. How old are you? And you're picking on gracies? And you're gonna be a Pilot soon? Either you're delusional or gonna be a really craptacular one if you're only a match for untrained gracies! Maybe you don't got a mentor 'cause they all know you suck!"

He took a deep breath, still seething and willing his hands to stop trembling, but anger put the needed steel in his spine. "You don't scare me. You're no Pilot."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 02:55:56 pm »
Interested, Remi watched the trio. Cross being the typical big bully, Gabriel defending his new friend, and Alaric looking  fairly intimidating. It was mostly the claws. And that eye. The bright blond pilot watched his candidate with interest, mentally wincing at the blonde-gracies tongue and words. He’d have to clean up his act fast once he met his mentor. Pastel pink eyes drifted back towards Cross and he smirked a little, stage five. There was still a ways away between stage five and being a pilot, like meeting your dragon.

Then the Cross fellow went and dissed his candidate. No way in hell would his first candidate fail and be trimmed. No way. “Hey, shouldn’t you look into who’s gonna train him first? I mean, Cross, you of all people should know that with the right training even the worse of the candidates can get their act together and pass with flying colours.” Remi smiled pleasantly and then  sighed quietly when Gabriel started up again.

Yup, a lot of work.

At least he was being all chivalrous instead of just a brat. Cross was an asshole, he knew it, the pilots knew it, the candidates knew it. Remi was sure that no matter what happened, Cross would never really change. Maybe get a little more serious, but never really change. The Pilot rolled his eyes and leaned against the table, his eyes on Alaric again before snapping towards Gabriel.

“Not all pilots are scary. Though, Gabriel, you should watch your mouth around grumps like him,” Remi jerked his thumb towards Cross, “He will, and can, make your life a living hell. “ Putting his hands in his pockets, Remi walked behind Cross and gave him a pat on the shoulder, “ I know hermaphrodites make you nervous, but you should never say that around Khuno, yeah? It’ll turn you into ribbons, it’s sensitive about that kind of stuff, so when you’re getting to know the dragons, stay away from mine.” Remi winked and then moved towards Alaric.

And sighed.

A candidate. A young child, who was two inches taller than he was.  “C’mon, boyos, save the fighting for when you can actually fight. Do it when you’re pilots. Cut lips and broken bones hurt, and when you get them out of training we make you keep ‘em as long as possible unless it interferes with work.” Remi flashed an grin towards the two gracies before eyeing Alaric up and down. A little weird looking.

Okay, really weird looking. Not a crème puff though, Remi had probably been more of a crème puff  than Alaric would ever be. Sure as hell didn’t have claws, a third eye, and two inches taller than he is now.  Crossing his arms over his chest, Remi took a few steps back, leaned against a table off to the side and watched.

He’d break the horrible news to Alaric later.  The funny looking ‘candidate’ was actually a pilot, and the pilot was assigned to Alaric,  Gabriel would have it the worst though, Remi was pretty sure he knew who that kid would get. It made him wince to think about it.

Pilots were scary.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 10:35:23 pm »
This was rapidly getting out of hand. Alaric did not like this. While he might look and sound somewhat scary, Alaric wasn't really all that much of a fighter. And he really wasn't sure what to do. And while he really liked that Gabriel was standing up for him, the blond was getting them deeper into trouble.

Though Cross was making it very easy to get angry at him. Though a small part of Alaric was starting to wonder if the older candidate was right. That hanging out with Alaric was going to hurt Gabriel's chances of graduating. The blatant insults did cause the alien's eyes to narrow, all three of them.

The older candidate seemed to be ignoring Alaric though. Which he didn't like. He was quite tempted just to punch him right in his smug face and take the subsequent beating like a man. Well, by man he really meant curling into a ball and protecting his head.

The new candidate managed to derail Alaric's train of thought with the startling announcement that he was actually a Pilot. With a dragon that was a Hermaphrodite. To which Alaric made the suave and witty reply of, "Bwah?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 11:02:57 pm »
Amazingly, Gabriel didn't back down as Cross had expected.  If anything, the more Cross pushed him the harder he wanted to push back.  Hm.  That was good to know.  Although that kind of stubbornness was going come back to bite the gracie in the ass if he didn't learn to bow out when he was ahead.

Cross still remained seated, and some of the conversation in the cafeteria started up again.  He really didn't want to get into a big thing at the moment.  He'd just get a few more cheap jabs in for the hell of it.

'Course if one of them touched him he'd be on them so fast...

But the herm was just a pussy and Gabriel was looking like he was all talk.  Lame insults and attempts at saving face and blah, blah, blah.  Whatever.  It was nothing Cross hadn't heard before.  He helped himself to a few of Gabriel's fries while the gracie was running at the mouth, then waved to a friend he saw across the cafeteria.  He checked the time on the wall clock.  Ah good, he still had an hour before he had to be at one of the psyche rooms.  At stage four, most of his schedule consisted of grueling psychic work, some of it so basic it drove him to near hysteria with boredom, but the Pilots were insistent that every candidate get a firm foundation to build on.  To qualify as a Pilot you had to be able to run the simple stuff on automatic, without even thinking about it.

Sounded like Gabriel was wrapping it up.  Cross reengaged, blinking up at him.  "Hm?  Sorry I missed most of that."

He very purposefully and pointedly did not look at Alaric or speak to him, just to aggravate him further.  Sometimes they just made it so easy.

Remi he was wary of though.  With the Pilot masquerading as a candidate, Cross wasn't quite sure how to act toward him.  That hand on his shoulder irked him and he shrugged uncomfortably.  What he really wanted was to brush Remi's hand off his shoulder but that was the kind of thing that could get you punishment detail, and he wasn't in the mood for extra work.  You just didn't get physical with a Pilot, not if you valued your time or your candidacy.

One of the many lessons Gabriel and the creme puff would learn along the way.

Cross didn't even have a gripe with Remi beyond the Pilot spoiling his fun.  The two gracies were safe from him for now and he was about to say so when Remi went and gave himself away.  Cross did a double take.  He wanted to facepalm on behalf of the Pilot, who could have dragged out the illusion much longer if he'd bothered to try.  Oh well.  There was still amusement to be had.

Cross propped his chin on one fist and looked at Remi.  "Speaking of Pilots, sir, might you know who will be mentoring our promising young candidates here?"

One of his favorite hobbies was to fill gracies' heads with lies about their mentors and freak them out.  That one never got old.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 12:17:47 am »
Gabriel took a deep breath and opened his mouth, fully prepared to repeat everything just out of spite and tell Cross to leave his fries alone, but then the other candidate spoke.

He knew his name.

That surprised him at first until he remembered, duh, psychics, and Cross had gotten his name just as easily. Sure Gabriel was a psychic, too, but that was going to take some getting used to--he'd never been around other psychics, and here he was swimming in them. He frowned at the candidate, mouth drawn in a grim line, because damn if he wasn't already aware of the fact that he'd dug himself a rather deep hole. Possibly six feet deep. He was trying not to think about that, but with Cross no longer laying on the insults and with him pausing long enough for everything to sink in, some of the anger receded enough for him to feel the horror over what he'd just gotten himself into.

Challenging someone who wasn't far off from being a Pilot. And he was stuck here for like four years.

Oh crap...

Green eyes wide and locked on Cross as he finally started to stress over Cross' "promise", he vaguely heard the other candidate rambling on about hermaphrodites and someone named Khuno and dragons and his dragon and--wait. His dragon?

Gabriel's attention snapped from Cross to the Pilot behind him, and the color drained from his face. He smiled awkwardly, body stiff, and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Whoa, wait, back up. You got a dragon? Um, hehe, maybe I just didn't ar-tee-eff-em, y'know, read the farkin' manual, buuut...I thought only Pilots had dragons?" His smile broadened, his heart thumped a little faster. "You're...not a Pilot, are you...?"

But it wasn't a joke like he'd been hoping for. Cross called him "sir", and Alaric looked just as surprised as he did. The nervous smile faded and he scanned both Cross and Alaric one final time before looking back at Remi, went a little paler when it fully registered, and then quickly flashed the man a sloppy salute for lack of knowing what the hell he should do in a situation like this. "Heh! Kidding, sir!" he said curtly and dropped back down into his chair so he could stare at his cold food.

Oh shit! As if things couldn't get worse. And here he'd been dissing Pilots not minutes before he'd come by. Had he heard that? Ack, never mind hearing, had he caught any of his thoughts? That revelation sobered him completely, and between Cross' promise and a full-blown Pilot popping up, Gabriel kind of wanted to just sink into the floor. He hadn't even thought of Pilots masquerading as candidates. What if some even dressed up in candidate uniforms? Gyah!

Since sinking into the floor wasn't an option he sank down into his seat, hunched his shoulders, and listened glumly because he was all out of bravado for the moment. Mentors. Right. One of those psychos was going to be his mentor. Ack! Not psycho! He quickly amended his thoughts, just in case a Pilot was listening in on them.

Right. Pilots were totally cool and not creepy.

On the bright side, at least Cross wouldn't beat them up in front of a Pilot, right?

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 10:26:28 pm »
Oh... Crap.

A quick face and Remi looked towards Cross, who must figure him to be a moron. Cover was blown, but it was better this way. Hearing them bad talk Pilots was making him feel a little bad about his profession. The blonde pilot moved his hands up and he played with the wedding ring on his finger then Cross spoke and asked him who these boys mentors might be. Should he say?     Remi pushed his hair off his face, careful not to push it behind his ear since those were just as interesting looking as his chest and face.

“As far as I know, Alaric’s is rather... Scary to look at. Horrible temper, fangs, claws... Seven arms.” Remi looked off to the side, eyeing any odd candidates and making a scary pilot out of them. “Three wings.” He turned towards the candidates and smiled again, his white teeth along with his pink eyes and yellow hair made his head the brightest part of his body. The Pilot gave a curt nod towards Cross and then blinked and tilted his head, “If I remember correctly, Alarics mentor also eats candidates who piss him off.” The pilot smiled towards cross and pat him on the shoulder, “You should stay away from him too, eh?”

He leaned on the table, his gaze on Gabriel. The pastel pink eyes were unnerving enough, but their entire lack of pupil probably made his gaze all the more creepy for someone fresh into the ATC. “Your mentor...” Remi licked his lower lip, thinking, who was it? Roman? Maybe, Remi wasn’t entirely sure at the moment, he’d been too excited about his own. “Your mentor is actually fairly scary. But don’t worry, either of you, most of the pilots are only hard-ass jackasses to toughen you up for the... well.. Life after ATC.” Remi frowned slightly and looked towards Cross, “However, others will take you on to make your life a living hell.”

Remi smiled towards the two and stood back up, his hands moving to his pockets and he looked around again. “I’m sorry for making you two uncomfortable. I’m Remi, I’m a Pilot Echo which is a step above what most pilots are.” His left hand hung at his side and his thumb played with his wedding ring, he cleared his throat and then looked at Alaric. Weighing his options. Yeah...

The comment on how scary his pilot was probably scared the crap out of him, better to tell the truth than make the weird blue boy crap his pants. “Alaric? I lied about your mentor, it isn’t a seven armed, three winged, kid eater.” Remi smiled a bright smile and lifted his left hand to wag his fingers in a lazy wave. “I am. Your mentor, that is.”

Hopefully he was less scary than a monster.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal