Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))  (Read 3419 times)

Anonymous

The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:38:19 pm »
Damn Libraries.

Satori was tired of sitting in libraries alone all the time. Most of the programs she was enjoying like it was a vacation. Well, not quite vacation but a job she really loved. She had found a love for reading she didn't know she had, a kind of duty. she was ready to be what she had always wanted to become. Something her Step Mother would have hated. Satori grinned with pleasure as she thought of what the vile temptress of her father would say if she saw her in the candidate clothes, no make-up, and regular tennis shoes. The woman may have had a heart attack right out. At this point according to that woman's plans Satori would about now be at the store picking out a dress to wear to some even to impress some man. She shivered at the idea. Thank God she was psychic, a ticket out indeed.

Satori was happy to be a candidate, probably one of the few in the programs who genuinely wanted to be there. She wanted to be a Pilot, she thought it was far better than bowing for some man her Step Mother wanted her to. Weren't there stories about evil Step Mothers? Satori believed every word without having read any of them. Satori thought being a Pilot was respectable, interesting. She might have changed her mind if she had known what her real Mom had gone through, but her father had never divulged all that information.

She even had a really interesting mentor! One that she hadn't expected, a human. She had heard such insane stories about the Pilots she had assumed all of them were weird creatures. Instead, there was a mixing, even in the candidates. It made her much comfier. Marshal, however made her nervous, blushy. She had been expecting a mentor from Hell like all the stories she'd heard, instead he wasn't bad at all! He was hard on her, but he wasn't tyrannical exactly.

But, she was having a hard time making friends in the ATC. It may have been that her Step Mother was well known so people were nervous to get to know her? Her father would have told it was because she was pretty. Her Step Mother would have, well who cared what she would have said. Satori on the other hand figured it was because of the giant ass scorpion tail.

She made a decision she closed her book shut, somewhat loudly. She completely ignored the people looking over at her and started pressing buttons on her wrist organizer. She moved her studying to later in the day, or maybe she would skip it entirely. She stopped for a moment unsure of where to put it exactly. She just moved it to later in the day, maybe she'd come back. She gathered her books together sliding them in her pink messenger bag. At some point she would replace it. Maybe trade it with someone.

She left the library walking through the halls. Her scorpion tail was pressed tight against her back again. She still hadn't quite mastered the walking through the halls yet. There had been a couple bad incidents with people running into her tail, just horrible that she didn't want to remember. Sometimes people just didn't realize things like that needed to be left alone.

She was heading to the cafeteria, surely she could find someone who looked friendly there. She was determined to make a friend and stop being a loner, especially because it wasn't by her choice. Somebody had to be friendly! She pushed through the door looking at the busyness of the room. So many people. She started to feel a little nervous but lifted her head high refusing to look at her feet. She scanned the room, who to talk to first?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:40:39 pm »
Lamb hated being a candidate. No. That was to simple of a word for the dark depths of pure, unadulterated loathing she felt for the whole thing. It was a singularly awful experience. Lamb was almost constantly picked on, the meek little rabbit pretty much the perfect target. And while Lamb could be vicious when backed into a corner, her natural instinct was to flee. She hated confrontations.

The threat of TRIM loomed over her head, menacing and dark. She was sure that any day she was going to be sent there. She was acing her classes, and most of her physicals were actually pretty good. But she wasn't much of a fighter, tending to mostly just dodge around, bobbing and weaving and avoiding the other person.

The cafeteria was pretty much her own private hell. She did her best to get through the line quickly, keeping her head down, avoiding eye contact. Her shaggy brown hair fell forward into her face and she hunched in, trying to look at small as possible.

So intent on avoiding bullies, Lamb wasn't watching where she had been going and almost walked smack into a pretty girl with an utterly terrifying tail, "O-oh. S-sorry. I-I didn't...sorry!" Flushing and stammering, Lamb ducked her head again, large eyes locked on the massive tail.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:52 am »
Her hands moved quickly catching some of the things that were falling off of Lamb's tray and she ran into Satori. There were a couple chuckles around them but Satori glared at one of the boys who was laughing. Noticing it was Satori that Lamb had run into he shut up quick. Sometimes it was a good thing to have a more threatening appearance in this candidate eat candidate place. She wished she knew how to put images in people's heads already without damaging them too badly, she would have imprinted something horrible in his mind.

"Are you alright hon?" Satori had seen Lamb before, enough to know her name. She was normally on the wrong side of the wrong candidate. It couldn't be easy to look like she did in a place like this probably awoke the worst instincts in the bullies around her. Always had to be on her guard, Satori only had to worry about running into people with her tail too much. It may get out eventually she was sweeter than she looked but for now, she played to the dangerous aspect. Right now though, she didn't want that at all.

Lamb was staring straight at Satori's tail. The scorpion sighed shaking her head.

"I promise I don't sting or bite." She said to Lamb trying to look as nonthreatening as possible.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:15:54 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:32:37 pm »
Lamb froze, heart pounding. She stared at Satori, already large eyes going wide, not moving a muscle. Everything in her screamed that this was a hunter, dangerous.

"I-I-I-I-" Lamb swallowed, trying to fight her instincts, "Thank y-you. F-for catching m-m-my tray." She flushed, ducking her head down, hearing the people around them snicker. Everyone knew she was going to fail.

She started at Satori's comment, having been lost in her own thoughts, "B-bite? O-Oh! T-that's good!" She blushed again, giving Satori a shy smile, not really sure what to do know.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 10:11:30 am »
Satori kept a friendly, warm smile on her face as she waited for the poor thing to finish her sentence. She was stammering like it was going out of style. Satori held her tray for Lamb still and set some of the items that she had caught on it then held it out to the other candidate. Satori looked at the blush on her cheeks and how nervous she was. Satori suddenly felt very protective over the other candidate. It was somewhat obvious the girl might need help.

"Hon, do you want to go sit somewhere away from all these idiots?" She spoke loud enough for the people who were still snickering to hear and gave them a grin afterword. Satori wasn't one to be intimidated by people on the same level as her. The Pilots? that was something different entirely, the candidates? Even if they were a higher stage than her she really couldn't be brought to care in issues of respect.

She turned and looked around the room, scoping out where a good spot might be for them to sit down. She spotted a mostly empty table in a back corner. That looked like it would work pretty well. She looked back at Lamb and waved her to follow her and started to walk slowly to make sure she didn't leave the girl behind. Hopefully she wouldn't decide to take off in another direction.

Because the cafeteria? It was a hunting ground.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:25:12 pm »
"T-t-t-thank you!" Lamb knew she looked stupid and weak. She wasn't stupid. The weak part was rather true. It wasn't in her nature to be aggressive or violent. Not until she was backed into a corner did she ever lash out. And even then she would much rather run away then fight.

Nodding her head, Lamb gave the other girl a shy smile, "Y-yes. Please. I-I would like that very much." Glancing around nervously at the other people around her, Lamb quickly followed Satori. It must be nice to be so brave and confident. Lamb couldn't imagine it.

Though even as she followed, she started to have second thoughts. What if she just wanted to lure her away. Or it was some elaborate plan to just pick on Lamb even more. It wouldn't be the first time it had happened to someone. Glancing over her shoulder at the door, Lamb thought about just running for it. But, in the end, she was lonely. She hadn't made any friends here yet. And any shot at a friend was worth a risk.

Sliding into the seat, Lamb pushed a strand of her fluffy brown hair back. She stared intently at her food, unsure what to do or say next.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 08:37:08 am »
When they sat down Satori got herself comfortable. She took out a couple books and started messing with the pages. Then she found her eyes drawn back up Lamb was still scared. Satori was busy trying to pretend she was unaware of the eyes that had followed her. She was sure she had attracted the attention of some of the wrong candidates, but surprisingly she wasn't as nervous as she would have been. Lamb made her feel protective, not as afraid of what would happened to herself.

"Are you alright?" She asked Lamb again with a reassuring smile. The poor girl was so nervous. Satori was surprised more of the candidates weren't like Lamb. Most of them were just rude, or sort of unaware of other people. Satori knew why she was more excited, and happy. She was living a dream, though actually going through the motions was a whole hell of a lot different. It was tons more work. The fantasy was more fun. Though this wasn't bad at all.

Satori tried to guard her mouth from going wild. She hadn't been able to talk to much of anyone for any amount of time because she was somewhat intimidating. Now there was a real live person ready to talk to her. Satori wanted to talk a mile a minute and be friendly and open, but instead she guarded herself, this girl needed the attention more than she did.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:19 pm »
Lamb did her best to look small and uninteresting. They had attracted a lot of attention and Lamb wanted to avoid attention as best she could. She didn't want people to think about her. Just blend into the background. Or run very fast. Those were her survival methods.

Glancing over at the other girl, Lamb saw that she was reading and she looked back at her tray. She didn't really want to eat anymore, far to nervous. But she didn't want to try making a break for it yet. Too many people were still watching. So she just picked up a slice of cucumber and absently started to nibble on it.

Until Satori suddenly spoke and she dropped it, startling to the side. Her cheeks flushed again and she nodded, heart still pounding, "Y-yes. T-thank you again. I app-p-preciated that. You were so c-cool!"

She fell silent again, not sure what else to say. Lamb wasn't very good at reading people, even with psychic powers.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 11:14:57 am »
Well, Lamb was severely shy. That may have been understating it even...way understating it. Satori felt so sorry for the other candidate. She was frowning slightly as the girl spoke to her. Satori was doing the thing she always did and couldn't seem to help doing, trying to figure people out. She was tilting her head at Lamb trying to think what could have caused her to become so nervous around people. Maybe the candidacy was enough to do that on its own but there was normally something else, something rooted deeper.

"No problem at all, really." She gave a small smile to Lamb across the table. "Sometime you just have to stand up to people like that. The assholes. Then they'll leave you alone. Some people don't though." Satori beamed when Lamb said she was cool. "Thanks!" It had been a long time since anyone had said something like that to her and meant it really. Normally people had complimented her just on the basis of her Step mother. Yuck, fake people.

Then, once again Lamb fell silent. Satori watched her trying not to be too obvious with staring at her. She looked back down at her books biting her lip trying to stay quiet for a few minutes. After about three she gave up and looked back up at the other girl.

"So! How did you end up here? That's always a fun story right?" Satori rolled her eyes. She knew for her getting picked up was probably different from every other candidate.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 10:49:01 am »
"I-I....yeah. I j-just am not s-so g-good at s-standing up to p-p-people." Lamb still looked nervous, like she was ready to bolt. She had always been skittish, it was in her genes. Her instinct was of flight, not fight. She could lash out, but only when very cornered. And the candidacy program had only made that worse for the girl.

Lamb fidgeted, staring back down at her plate. She wanted to talk to the other girl. But the words would just catch in her throat. Satori was so cool and pretty and brave. She wouldn't want to talk to someone like Lamb.

So when the other girl asked her questions, Lamb startled, her head coming up again, a pleased and surprised expression on her face, "O-oh! M-me?" Lamb actually looked around to double check that Satori was in fact, starting a conversation with her, "I...oh. Well, I-I don't think m-mine is very in-interesting. J-just a routine medical ex-exam. A-and next th-thing I k-knew I was here."

Still fidgeting slightly, Lamb flushed a bit, ducking her head down, "W-what about you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 09:33:56 am »
Satori listened to Lamb quietly a small smile on her face. She tried to appear as nonthreatening as possible. She let her tail relax and lay down beside her on the bench stretched out so it wasn't in view and scaring the girl away. It was a blessing and a curse in so many ways. She nodded as the girl talked about the medical exam.

"My story isn't that interesting either." She chuckled and smile as she started to tell her own. "I started showing signs at a young age, but they weren't sure what it was, took me to a Doctor when it got worse and here I am!" She beamed. "I was so happy." Satori was one of the few that grinned when she told her story about getting picked up. She felt like she needed to explain somewhat, plus she had a girl to talk to and her mouth started to run on.

"See, my mom died awhile back." Her voice fell off towards the end. She bit her lip the grin disappearing and a brief silence hovering. Then her face brightened again, but it seemed sort of fake. "...Anyway, so he remarried. To Anna Tam?" She stuck her tongue out and rolled her eyes after saying the name. "You might know her, she's in movies." Satori could barely keep the disgust out of her voice and off of her face for the woman.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:10 pm »
The tail being out of sight helped, but Lamb still looked ready to run at the first sign of danger. At least she had stopped nervously scanning the area every so often. She was never  really all that relaxed, it was a rabbit thing. Too much going on for her to fully relax.

"H-happy? W-why? You w-wanted to be a Pilot?" The idea was just....horrifying to Lamb. She wanted her life back. She wanted to get married, have a family. And now she was stuck trying to become a soldier. Something she wasn't cut out for, but her only other choice was to be a science experiment.

"Anna Tam?" It took Lamb a moment to place the name, then she nodded, "Oh, the actress? I-I take it y-you don't like her?" Lamb still couldn't believe that life with anyone was worse then having to fight, to kill. Lamb didn't want to hurt anyone, let alone kill them.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 09:07:22 am »
"My Dad is in the military. I hardly ever got to see him." She looked off for a second blinked a couple times then looked back at Lamb. "So I was hoping this could bring me and him closer together." She smiled to herself for a moment. Just thinking about her Dad seeing her complete the program grow to her full potential. She just knew that he would be so proud to see her in that uniform. Then she could pick him up on her dragon!

"Anyway," Satori looked back to Lamb and put a hand on the table. "Anna Tam." Her hand curled into a loose fist. "Well, she's...a bitch. To put it very, very simply. She took control of my life, pushing me towards what she wanted. She wasn't even my Mom." Satori rolled her eyes again. She gave a chuckle and shook her head. She still felt a sort of joy whenever she thought about Anna stuck in that house most of the time by herself. Serves that woman right.

"And really, I think that military is in my blood." She looked down at her lap letting out a slow breath. "My mom was in the military, my Dad told me all her stories. She was a Pilot, when I was really young. So I feel like I'm closer to her here even though I barely remember her." She smiled at Lamb a weak sort of smile like she was emotionally tired after the speech.

"Plus, when we pass, not if, we get to be the big bad in Aedolis, and Anna Tam will have to eat her words." Then Satori looked at Lamb and her eyes got big as if she was realizing the girl had bunny ears for the first time.

"I talk so much Lamb, I'm sorry!"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 03:47:21 pm »
Listening to Satori talk, Lamb could feel her eyes growing wide. She could understand wanting to be closer to her parents by following their footsteps, that seemed sweet. But the talk of Anna confused Lamb.

She couldn't understand wanting to go through this hell, to lose your shot at a real life, just to get back at someone. Lamb just nodded, "I-I guess that makes sense. B-but....I'm so afraid. I-I don't want t-to have to fight." She glanced up at the pretty candidate, "We ha-have to kill people as Pilots."

Lamb didn't want to hurt anyone. She didn't want blood on her hands. But far more then that, she was afraid of TRIM. She was afraid to end up there. So she would pass. She would study hard, do what she was told and work her fingers to the bone to keep out of that place.

"I-it's fine. I d-don't mind you talking at a-all. You h-have a pretty voice."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 09:22:58 pm »
Satori felt a sort of sadness in her throat in the form of a sigh but caught it. She suddenly felt guilty for being so excited about being a Pilot. She didn't even take the time to think about the lives she might have to take. She glanced around her to make sure no one was listening as Lamb spoke. Confirming no one was watching she looked down at the table again feeling sort of odd about the whole thing now. She hadn't thought about it that much. She just guessed it was better to realize she had no choice in the matter. It was easier to accept it all that way.

"Thanks." She blushed a little as Lamb complimented her. Satori was pretty sure of herself most of the time. She knew she wasn't ugly, but a giant scorpion tail did give you a complex sometimes. It was nice to know people noticed things other than that. She was getting more comfortable in herself. This program was helping, all the physical training she was feeling much more at home in her body. She was gathering much more courage than she had before.

"And I guess I just like to look at things at a glass half full kind of thing. Even in situations like this."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 11:23:59 pm »
Lamb nodded glumly, keeping her eyes on the table, "I-I-I wish I could do that." Be so confident and sure of her self as Satori was. But all Lamb could think of was war and violence. Of the fighting Pilots had to do. It terrified her, "I j-just get so s-scared."

She winced slightly. She was ruining everything. Making things so sad. She flushed a bright pink and tried to think of something to say to lighten the mood, "So...I...um....w-what's it like having a-a tail like that?"

That just got another wince. Lamb hated when people always made a big deal out of her ears. And here she was commenting on Satori's tail, "S-sorry. T-that was r-rude to ask."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 06:45:20 am »
Satori smiled as Lamb changed the subject. The poor thing was so scared even her voice was shaking. She wondered if it happened all the time, or if it was just because she was afraid. Maybe it was a disability of some kind. Satori was curious but she would never ask a question like that. A laugh escaped her as Lamb asked about her tail so nervously. To Satori it was just like having an arm or leg, she barely thought about it.

"Oh no it's alright I know you aren't poking fun at me so I don't mind!" She grinned. "Well, my Dad use to tell me that I thought everyone should have them when I was born, so going anywhere with me was very...amusing. I was always wondering where everyone put their tail." She laughed again making motions of showing where it might be. "I didn't even really think of it being that odd till I got here and seeing the reactions some people have. It's so odd. The only thing that really bugs me about it is people get scared of me. I don't think of it constantly as a weapon."

In a way, that was sort of a lie, it's just the way her brain was wired to interpret a threat, that was her most powerful physical weapon. So, if a threat came up that was generally the first place she thought. It was like a policeman with a gun, or someone who studied swordplay...or like a Pilot with their powers. It was just an automatic reaction. Though she had learned to slow down her reaction here so she wasn't always endangering everyone else.

She let her eyes float up to Lamb's ears. She let a small smile cross her face.

"So, what's it like having those ears? I mean I love my tail but sometimes I wish I had something like that."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 11:25:34 am »
Lamb was relieved when Satori didn't seem to mind the subject change. Talking about what was going to happen to them just depressed her. Lamb was made for a place like this. She wasn't a warrior, she wasn't a leader. And she hated everything they were training her to do.

Lamb gave a small laugh at the other girls story, "W-wow. I b-bet th-that was really ad-dorable. D-did your p-p-parents have tails too?" When Lamb spoke, it wasn't that she had a stutter, but she was on such a high alert all the time and her body was almost constantly twitching, it effected her speech patterns.

"M-my ears?" Lamb wiggled her ears, blushing a little and ducking her head shyly, "T-they a-aren't that exciting. E-everyone in m-my family has them. I-I guess I c-can hear farther then m-most people though. I-I don't really know w-what it's l-like to n-not hear that f-far."

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:58 am »
Satori's face brightened as Lamb reacted. Her ear wiggling and the blush coming to the other girl's face. Satori couldn't help but grin like crazy. Lamb just looked way too cute.

"Well that was just adorable." Satori gave another short laugh and stretched her back slightly as Lamb continued to talk. Of course she could hear farther, that only made sense. Duh.

"That must be annoying though. Sometimes especially in a place like this." She tilted her head imagining what it would be like to deal with something like that. She was guessing it would be kind of like when they had all first arrived in the program and everyone was always broadcasting their thoughts without even knowing it. Candidate to Candidate there really were no secrets, your thought were common knowledge. Luckily most of them had been getting it under control. Having ears like that on top of everything? That must have been torture, probably still was.

So maybe that wasn't the best topic to discuss. Damn.
She looked down at the books on the table. Oh of course! What the big thing Candidates had in common? Being a Candidate.

"So what sort of book do they have you reading?" Satori grabbed her bag and slid it around to sit it next to her on the bench. "God I hate this pink thing." She stuck her tongue out in disgust and opened the pack looking at her books. "I think my mentor is sort of crazy about reading."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 04:23:19 pm »
"A-adorable?" Lamb's pale skin flushed even darker and she shook her head rapidly, sinking lower into her seat. She didn't feel adorable, she felt silly and stupid. And she desperately wanted to impress this other candidate.

Tilting her head, Lamb gave Satori a puzzled look before the dots connected in her brain, "Oh! Well, no...It's not so bad. I mean, I'm used to it. I find the constant listening in on peoples thoughts so much worse. And knowing they can hear mine."

Satori's bag caught Lamb's attention and she gave a shy smile, "I think it's pretty. I like pink." She flushed again, lowering her eyes, "I've been reading a lot of history. It's more in depth then the stuff at school. I don't have a mentor yet." Lamb was pretty sure no one would want her. But she was not going to end up in TRIM. There was no way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal