Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Slumming It [open!]  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Nix

Re: Slumming It [open!]
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 10:42:32 pm »
Emery kind of jerked when Cross grabbed him and started to fall forward but managed to catch himself and land back on the ground. "I don't know I just kind of started doing it about a month or two ago. Cool right? How many Pilots can do it??"

Offline Tally

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 11:01:22 pm »
"That's uh...I don't know exactly off the top of my head."  Well that was a blatant lie.  Levitation was rare enough among Pilots that Cross could name every single one that could do it without even having to think about it.  Cross certainly couldn't do it.

"But it is impressive.  I hope you're careful when you try that."

Offline Nix

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 11:09:24 pm »
He couldn't help but smile when Cross said it was impressive. Pilot Letendre was the only idol he had now that Raley was gone and he had managed to impress him.

"Careful? Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Easier than dumb telepathy stuff."

Offline Tally

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »
"See," Cross said, leading the way toward a more well-kept road that could take them to a lift.  "That's what I mean.  You don't take this shit seriously enough, and lemme tell you—this flippancy shit?  This thing where you handwave off every concern?  That's what'll threaten your career in the ATC."

Not that words would convince Emery.  Nothing but experience and maturity could do that.  Hadn't Cross himself and nearly every other Pilot in the history of Aedolis been the same way at one point or other?

Offline Nix

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »
Emery gave up and let Cross lead him. "Yeah but... I'm never going to get to the ATC... I'll never get to be a cool Pilot like you."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal