Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Good Morning (Taaaaaaaally 8D)  (Read 561 times)

Offline Nix

Good Morning (Taaaaaaaally 8D)
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:40:13 am »
Her eyes opened and the only sounds that filled her ears were the quiet humming and periodic beeps of the equipment she was hooked up to. The hospital. There was nothing strange about waking up there, Evelyn had lived in this hospital for the better part of... how long had it been? How long had she slept this time? She closed her eyes again, and telepathically began searching for her brother's mind.

As always she scanned the Citadel first, then started to go through the rest of Haviah. Why was this taking so long? Where was Elijah? Panic started to sink in and her focus was darting around Aedolis searching for that familiar frequency, that connection, but Evelyn couldn't even feel it. Too far, too gone. Where? WHERE? She started to thrash against the restraints that held her down to the hospital bed, they hadn't bothered her when she first awoke but now that she couldn't find Elijah they were quite troublesome. She screamed and fought against them, wanting nothing more then to get out of there and find Eli.

ELIJAH. ELIJAH!!!!!!!!!!!. The screams were telepathic and mind piercing, probably reaching most of the hospital's occupants. That and the fact that the monitors attached to her were making rather frantic noises were sure signs that Evelyn Lyre was no longer in a coma.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

Re: Good Morning (Taaaaaaaally 8D)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:54:14 am »
After paging August to the ICU, the Pilots then had him pacing and in front of the door to Evelyn's room for a good couple of hours after he arrived.  Debriefings, interrogations and such—nothing fit for a doctor to hear, but it annoyed him to be denied access to his patient so long.  Why did they even call him up here if they were just going to lock him out?

There were a good half dozen Pilots in that room with Evelyn, and finally half of them left and he was allowed in.  He didn't even bother trying to quash his aggravation as he snapped her chart up and joined the remaining Pilots inside.  It didn't pay one bit to try and control your thoughts around psychics.  Everyone always tried it and it never worked.

"Good morning, Evelyn," he said.  First thing's first, he had to record her vitals, something that should have been done two hours ago.  "Do you remember me?"

Gregory Chastain, the Pilot Imperial himself, stood in one corner of the room.  Two other Pilots had taken up inconspicuous posts out of the way—Pilots that August suspected were there to keep shields down over Evelyn.

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »
It had been two hours of stupid questions and nonsense. No one had answered her one question because none of these incompetent imbeciles knew the answer. Ha! The two keeping the shields down on her were the annoying, they should have left with the others. Did they really think they could do anything if she really wanted to cause trouble? They were lucky she was tired. Though she was having fun telepathically picking on the weaker of the two of them.

'You are pathetic. You don't belong here. You think you're really a Pilot? They gave you a babysitting position and you are failing at that. You will never amount to anything. Look at yourself. You are a disgrace to that uniform and you know it. FAILURE. LOSER. You can't even keep me out of your own mind. Get out of here. Do Aedolis a real service and kill yourself.'

Gregory was the real source of her annoyance though and she barely acknowledged him at all. She ignored August's dumb question too at first but then turned her attention away from messing with the one Pilot's head to finally answer him.

"Yes Dr. August Staresti, I  remember you. You were responsible for inducing my last coma, I haven't forgotten." She said point blank, with a hint of disdain, though this was nothing compared to her usual temper tantrums and poor attitude. She tolerated August much more than others. "Doctor these idiots have been asking me stupid questions since I woke up. I hope you won't subject me to more of them too. You are the only competent person to walk through my door all morning."

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:24:55 am »
August tapped at his datapad with the stylus, recording and updating Evelyn's numbers now that she was conscious, adding notes and taking note of anything odd, alarming, out of keeping with her usual biochemic reaction to waking.

"Yes, that was me."  He compressed his mouth to hold back a smile at her last comment.  It wouldn't have been so funny if the Imperial hadn't been standing right there.

"I'm afraid I have nothing but stupid questions for you.  Can you wiggle the fingers on your left hand?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
Evelyn sighed exaggeratedly and wiggled her fingers waving at August. "Yes. Yes I can." She rolled her eyes and narrowed her gaze. "Now can you make these fools leave doctor?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal