Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Signed, Sealed, Not Quite Delivered [Rhi]  (Read 6263 times)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Signed, Sealed, Not Quite Delivered [Rhi]
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2016, 10:24:10 pm »
<Perhaps. Though I can't say that I do like what I see, either. At least in the way you're trying to imply. You're human and I'm not, after all.>, Rhevi replied, his 'tone' still jovial, but with a slight note of warning, <And I'll pass her message along, though she would do well to heed Ranah when she says to read the entire message before acting in the future.>, he continued, taking the touchscreen back and reattaching it to his wrist terminal.

Rhevi motioned for Sitara to stand front and center as he spoke, <Ranah arranged for a guide for Sarah. If she tore off without reading the post script, I have no doubt she neglected to close the message as well, and you don't strike me as the type not to get nosy. I'm sure you understand how the arrangement was made. Sitara will be that guide, and she will earn her freedom in the process, an arrangement Sarah will recognise, as learning and mastering her skills was how she earned hers.>, he explained, <Sitara also has a case of filecards with information Ranah was not able to include in her email>, Rhevi indicated the floating case, <It is to remain on or within two meters of her person at all times. You do not want you or your crew to be responsible for it going missing.>.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:32:18 pm by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2016, 11:13:55 pm »
Shuffling front and center as directed, Sitara crossed her arms and hunched her shoulders, foot tapping rapidly as she continued to stare Ari down. Or rather, stare him up, since she had to crane her neck to look at him. She was a short person in a forest of giants!

"...So...what you're tellin' me is that little anklebiter's the special delivery?" Ari said at last, bringing a hand to his head and rubbing along his left temple. "Some little bunny girl? Now, don't get me wrong, I ain't sayin' she ain't cute. Like, 10/10, would bang, never gonna complain about a cute chick hand delivered to my ship. But shit, I rushed all this way, ya made it sound like fuckin' life or death--"

"It is life or death, and if you lay a hand on me you'll find that out personally!" Sitara growled, bristling.

Ari held up his hands. "Whoa there, darlin'. Easy does it. But seriously, uh...when was someone gonna tell me I was shippin' slaves?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »
<One slave. And the reason the timing is so tight is because I do need to be elsewhere soon, and that elsewhere is life and death, and the sooner she gets to Jeth, the sooner she can help her friends and her people. As for when you were to be told, that was an oversight on my part. I apologise.>, Rhevi answered, <I should have made sure you knew. By doing this, you will be helping more than just her.>

Privately, to Ari, he added, <And, once her mission is done, perhaps you might be able to broker a deal regarding those mines. You are her only transportation to Jeth, after all. A man could stand to get mighty rich on the right person's gratitude, and you get to help free a slave in the bargain.>.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 12:21:50 am »
"Pffft. Whatever, s'long as I get paid in the long run," Ari said with a dismissive wave of his hand, wanting to get off that particular subject fast. The topic of slavery was always an awkward one--and he didn't like Rhevi's subtle prodding, because it was hitting a little too close, and giving him the uncomfortable impression the bastard knew more than he let on. Why would your average pirate care one way or the other about liberating slaves, after all?

Maybe that was his own paranoia speaking on the matter, but dammit, there were some things he just didn't want getting out. Especially not among his crew.

That didn't mean he wasn't totally going to take the guy's advice, though.

Letting out a low sigh, Ari leaned his shoulder against the wall. "So, this is Sarah's crazy scheme, yeah? Did she ever happen to mention where, exactly, all these freed people are gonna go? I obviously ain't got space."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:06 am »
The pirate's discomfort, while hidden from human senses, did not quite go unnoticed by Rhevi, and the Hestari's antennae perked slightly as he found himself wondering if he'd just hit upon something with his prodding. With over a third of his life spent in a sometimes-cold, sometimes-heated war with the Union/Alliance, it was difficult for Rhevi not to try to look for leverage when dealing with humans, and he filed away the suspicion accordingly.

<Actually, my sister came up with it. Sarah's just the one executing it. As for where they'll go, the idea is they're going nowhere. Jeth is their home, after all. It's the ones enslaving them that will be leaving. Or dying.>, Rhevi answered, <The idea is to do enough damage that the Feylini can take their world back. Your involvement will be as brief or as great as you choose, after dropping Sitara off.>. For now, Rhevi kept the fact that he'd given Sitara the medallion to himself. If the pirate needed assurance he wasn't about to strike a hornet's nest, he would reveal it, but he saw no use in telling him about it if he didn't need to. The fewer who knew, the fewer to think it valuable and possibly ruin the message her having it was meant to convey.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 10:19:17 am »
"Huh," Ari said, a non-committal sound. Go against a race tough enough to enslave an entire planet? No thanks. The folks he'd dealt with didn't even work on THAT huge of a scale.

"Sounds like suicide, but far be it for me to hold anyone back if they really wanna jump."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:20:38 am by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 11:07:14 am »
<Sarah's done similar before. It was on a smaller scale, but she also didn't have the knowledge and skills she has now.>, Rhevi remarked, <She knows what she's doing and how to do it. If you have no further questions, Captain Maxwell, I'll be taking my leave. Sitara, remember what I told you, and good hunting. If, for whatever reason, you end up in Sarah's quarters, I'd recommend taking a careful look around. Sarah's constantly tinkering with things and testing new inventions. You may find something of use.>.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2016, 10:59:19 am »
Oh gods, he was leaving. And though Sitara had regarded Rhevi with panic before, he had quickly become an oddly stable presence in all the crazy. At the very least, he seemed a decent person, and he had become familiar. Now she was being thrown into an unfamiliar situation all over again, whisked away onto a strange new ship by a strange human that was filling her with new, fresh waves of panic.

She really wanted to ask him not to go. But pride made her bite her tongue. She wasn't about to plead.

"Okay, got it," she said instead, proud her voice was steadier than she felt. "Just, uh...I guess I'll see you around? Eventually?"

With a shrug, still skeptical, Ari gave Rhevi a little wave of his hand. "No further questions, and thanks for the free babe delivery!"

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2016, 03:15:59 pm »
<Hanarik willing, Sitara. And I'd be careful, Captain Maxwell. If you thought Sarah was against your advances...>, Rhevi said as he headed for the hatch. Only to trail off, coming to a full stop as he sensed it.

Human warp gates were known among Hestari for one property in particular. When one opened, it created an electrical field that increased in size and strength exponentially to the size of the ship passing through it. This field ranged from barely perceptible in the case of a corvette or frigate, to large enough to cause arcing on the exterior of ships and, due to the spatial properties of the gate, mild discharges inside small ships in the vicinity for heavy cruisers and dreadnaughts. Experienced Hestari naval officers could often identify the class and number of Union or Alliance vessels before their ships, a useful skill in countering ambushes.

And this one was huge. Larger even than his own Teshari. Its size, for a human ship, would easily put it in the heavy cruiser or even dreadnaught size, though it would be somewhere in the middle range of Draconian cruiser-weights.

<Captain Maxwell, check your scanners. I know what you'll see, but I hope I'm wrong.>, Rhevi stated, a slight note of tension in his 'voice'.

No sooner had he spoken than the ring of light appeared, nearly 110 kilometers in diameter, then filled in to form a circle with sunlike brightness, its light so intense that the small squadron of fighters that issued forth from it was almost invisible against it.

"Fleet hunter... We have incoming. Warp gate size suggests... Talsak... It's the Alliance newtype. I say again, With Joined Hands is incoming. Fleet Hunter-", the digitized voice spoke from Rhevi's wrist terminal in Hestari.

<Disengage docking. Immediate dive! Rendezvous with Battlegroup Teshari and inform them of the situation. I'll find my own way back. You have your orders. Do not, I say again, DO NOT read back. Execute immediately!>, Rhevi commanded privately. <Captain Maxwell, get us out of here.>

As the Valari Hesta-class scout ship began emergency separation procedures, a massive warship emerged from the gate, which closed behind it, firing a small shot from one of its massive mass accelerators at the Hestari vessel with almost surgical precision, targeting the top of the vessel in such a way as to avoid damaging the Sassy Juice.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:41:02 am by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 12:14:08 pm »
Whatever snappy, witty thing Ari had been about to say in response to the guy's quip about Sarah was soon lost by his following "words". His grin faded, and with a start he checked the small terminal on his wrist, tapping a few buttons on the touchscreen. It was linked to the systems on his ship, and a quick scan showed...

Motherfucker.

That was a big-ass ship.

There was a flurry of language coming from the crab guy's terminal, words he couldn't understand, but he could understand the urgency. And when Rhevi told him to get them out of dodge...

Yeah, he didn't need to be told twice.

"You owe me one HELL of an explanation later," he shot at Rhevi before he turned and bolted down the hall, staggering when the ship shuddered. Shit, shit! For a second he thought they'd been hit, but no sensors were blaring. Rhevi's ship, then? They were still attached. "Get yourselves secure! We're bailin'!"

As he made his way to the cockpit, Sitara flashed Rhevi with a worried look, her eyes wide. "What's going on?"

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »
<Hanarik willing, we'll live long enough for you to get it. Don't fire on those fighters unless they shoot first. My ship's their main concern. As long as you don't engage, they should have no reason to suspect I'm aboard. Pirates in our galaxy don't typically stick around when human and Hestari ships meet.>, Rhevi advised, <Their main goal right now will be to destroy the Valari Hesta scout ship, then scoop up the survivors for interrogation. Best for us to be long gone before they realise I was ever aboard. Even with the upgrades Sarah has no doubt made, your ship wouldn't be able to survive their full attention.>.

As the Valari Hesta scout ship separated from the Sassy Juice, another shot, this one slightly larger, was fired by With Joined Hands, aimed for where the top of the scout ship would be, followed roughly three seconds later by one roughly the width of the Hestari vessel aimed at where the ship's thrust, as well as the momentum added by the 2nd shot's impact, would put it in the time it would take the shot to close the distance, the velocity of the round high enough to ensure that the target would be shattered, but low enough to still allow the remains and any survivors to be recovered efficiently.

<Short version: My race is in a hot-and-cold war with the humans of our galaxy. Their allies have been attempting to establish a colony in this system of this galaxy, as has my race. A new ship of theirs must have been on patrol, and has decided now would be a good time to crack open the Hestari ship they found and find out what we're doing setting up a colony so close to their allies' fledgling colony.>, Rhevi answered Sitara somewhat distractedly as he monitored the situation on a large 3-dimensional hologram of the battle his wrist terminal, which was monitoring the scout ship's sensors via a subspace connection that wouldn't show up on enemy sensors, had begun projecting at a telepathic command from him. As two dotted lines, one three seconds after the other, showed the projected path of each shot as it was fired, the ripples of the splash drive rift began to display in front of the scout ship, with the rift barely opening before the kill shot struck the scout ship just aft of its middle, the hologram switching to Hestari glyphs reading 'Signal Lost' in the Northern Sea dialect just as the front third entered the rift in pieces, with multiple voices crying out in pain issuing from Rhevi's wrist terminal, silenced by the loss of the feed as the message appeared. <They have their orders and their training. Teshari look after them.>, he prayed as he switched the wrist terminal off, <I'll need to discuss where to drop me off with Captain Maxwell as soon as we've gotten to a safe distance. For now, though, it looks like I'll be staying somewhat longer than planned.>.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 10:46:10 am »
The Sassy Juice trembled as it disconnected from the Valari Hesta ship, and there came the faint rumble and vibration of its powerful engines as Ari wasted no time in getting them the hell out of dodge.

Heart pounding, Sitara stared at Rhevi and his hologram as he spoke, noting the enemy seemed only interested in his ship, and not theirs. Which was good, sure, in a selfish way, but...

But had they just all been killed?

Was that what she had just witnessed?

She hardly heard Rhevi's words in her distraction. Had she just witnessed all those creatures...die?

Sitara was no stranger to death. She'd seen people die before, seen cities crumble, seen even worse horrors on the slave block. But that didn't make that any less horrific.

"Are your...are your people gonna be okay...?" she asked, even though she was certain she knew the answer.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »
<The ones nearest the impact point are dead. By my estimate, almost a quarter of the crew would have died almost instantaneously, either due to hit by debris from the impact, or killed by concussive force. Another third would have been fatally wounded, and probably died in the time we've been speaking, by the shockwave from the impact passing through the water, the concussive force I just mentioned.>, Rhevi answered, <The rest would be in varying stages of shock and varying states of critical injury, possibly bleeding internally until their organs regenerate from the concussive wave, but still alive, for about the next four minutes, unless they are rescued before they suffocate. Those are the ones the enemy is after. They'll be recovered and sent to that ship's medbay to be immersed in whatever water the enemy can recover from the wreckage. From there, they'll be interrogated as soon as they're healthy, then, if those humans are true to form, they'll be ransomed to our military in exchange for whatever human prisoners we have on hand. There probably won't be enough survivors to ransom for anything else. Those that were in the pieces that made it through the gate are doomed, unless the captain of that ship ignored protocol and beelined it for our battlegroup.>, he continued, his 'tone' closer to that of a professional reciting facts from memory than of someone who had just watched the better part of a scout ship crew under his command die, though there was a note of sadness to it.

<Our ships' hulls are designed to redirect the forces of collisions around the exterior, which is why any at all are still alive, but a hard enough impact will still shatter them, and will still send a strong enough shockwave through the ship to do some damage to the crew, as you just saw, even with the dampening fields reducing kinetic energy transfer in the water.>, he explained, <Human kinetic weapons on a ship that size are more devastating than antimatter weapons. A projectile the size of that last shot fired at maximum velocity would shatter even most heavy cruisers and vaporise anything less. They are formidable weapons. This is another good lesson for you: Know when retreat is your best option. There will likely be times you will find yourself up against an enemy you cannot overpower. There is no shame in running from such enemies and regrouping elsewhere to come up with a plan.>.

<Captain, I would recommend the space station known as the Cancer. The Alliance generally doesn't bother with pirate stations unless said pirates give them a reason to. I can find my own way back to my unit from there.>, Rhevi recommended.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:22:44 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 10:44:09 am »
Sitara paled at his words, her hand fluttering up to her chest. She swallowed hard, stunned by how utterly calm he seemed. But then again, wasn't he important? High on their food chain? Maybe he was just putting on a brave face.

Or maybe she just couldn't read his face. She hadn't been around his species long enough to be able to intuit their body language, as it was so different from her peoples', and their faces didn't really seem to have the same capabilities for expression. Maybe he wasn't actually calm at all, and was deeply grieving, but she was just projecting her species onto his.

She bit her lip, shifting uncomfortably, and nodded at his advice.

"Er, I don't think I'll have any issues there," she said. "I know when I'm beat. I ain't so proud I wouldn't run." Her tail gave a small twitch, her frown twisting deeper, and she played with the end of one floppy ear. "Running's what keeps you alive. I only stand my ground and keep on fightin' when I know I can't run."

Over the intercom, Ari's voice rang out, "Yeah, yeah, I'm familiar with the Cancer. Intimately so. We'll be there in two shakes of a hooker's tits."

Sitara's eye twitched and her frown deepened, twisting into a scowl. "Lovely."

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2017, 10:18:02 am »
Internally, Rhevi was grieving. He'd known, of course, that there were risks. Some of the ballsier, and better armed, pirates weren't above preying on scout ships, and two of those pirates were known to be in-system. With the Draconians attempting to set up a colony, there would, of course, be an increase in patrols. Even the soldiers on board the ship knew the risks that came with the territory of a delivery of convenience. None of that made it any easier to lose that many, and centuries of wisdom made little difference, either. But officers, especially high-ranking ones, were expected to act a certain way. Grieving was for later, when he was alone. In front of others, nothing had changed except the plan. Same mission, different path, usual ocean. Rhevi's response to Sitara was to nod as he began working out the specifics of how he'd be getting back to the battlegroup, making note of her discomfort, but not acting on it at the moment.

<I'm going to guess that's fast. My species doesn't have those, nor do most mammal species have prominent enough ones to shake when they're not actively lactating.>, Rhevi remarked, <Your species, goats, and cows are quite unique in that regard. Are you familiar with Drake Morgan? Not the cheapest option, I'll admit, but I've dealt with him before, and he is known to my battlegroup.>, he continued, <Assuming he's still in-system, he would be my best option for returning to my battlegroup. They'll know him. As long as he's broadcasting the Black Flag, they won't attack him, and, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he stands to gain much from it. Where is Sarah's quarters, if I may?>.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2017, 09:36:10 am »
"Oh, that dick," Ari said over the intercom, and if it was possible to verbally roll one's eyes, Ari did just that. "Yeah, I know the shitweed. Look, I'll getcha to the Cancer, and from there...you do you. As for Sarah's quarters, just down the hall. Tinker with her shit at your own risk, buddy."

Sitara gave an awkward glance from Rhevi to the speaker above, as though Ari could see her (which, actually, he could; there were cameras in all of the public spaces, but the speaker was not one of them!) and then scratched behind her ear again. She tapped her foot, much like a rabbit. "Erm...where should I...?"

"Ya could bunk with me, babe," came Ari's answer.

"Pass."

"Ouch, fiiine. There's an empty room across from Sarah's, but if ya ever change your mind, darlin'..."

"I won't."

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »
<Fair enough.>, Rhevi answered, <As for any tinkering, I've known Sarah for around 200 of your years. I know better than to make unauthorised adjustments to anything Sarah's built.>, he continued as he headed down the passageway to Sarah's quarters.

The hold was in the sort of organized messy state Rhevi knew to expect from Sarah, though, unlike her quarters on Hesta, the floor was mostly clear of parts and debris, presumably to allow access to a cabinet that he assumed held any blueprints relevant to the ship's systems. As he expected, a terminal near what he supposed (judging by the concentration of clutter) was her workstation was unlocked and open to Ranah's email, the text rather conspicuously in Common, given that Sarah had never bothered to learn how to read or write in the language.

Above the workstation was a small heat lamp, though, knowing Sarah, its specs were likely closer to a much larger one, and, over a pile of red pseudo-foliage that was almost certainly a bed, such as Sarah generally slept on, there was a small cooler. A jar on the workstation held strips of what looked like jerked meat, most of which Rhevi was almost certain was human, and a minifridge, buried except for the door and the arc in which it opened in all manner of parts and half-finished devices, sat on the opposite side of the terminal. Several racks on the walls held a variety of tools and weapons, some of which would be easily usable to anyone trained to use pistols or blades, and in the far corner of the room sat what Rhevi assumed to be Sarah's latest project: a skeletal frame to what appeared to be a prototype for an android made to resemble its creator, complete with basic wiring and servos, presumably for balance and mobility testing.

<Seems our little Stuck Tooth hasn't changed much. Never would have thought she'd develop a maternal instinct, though.>, Rhevi remarked, speaking to Ari, but not bothering to leave Sitara out of the loop, as he switched off the translation program on Sarah's terminal, <What's your take?>. The answer was mostly immaterial. For the most part, the chatter was little more than a distraction, a way to pass the time without dwelling on what had just happened, and, even as he waited for Ari to respond, Rhevi began writing messages to Ranah and to High Command to appraise them of the details of the situation relevant to each.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:25:24 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 05:54:22 pm »
Awkward and nervous and in a new, unfamiliar environment, Sitara followed after Rhevi like he had her on a leash. All she knew was her room was across from "Sarah's", but she didn't know where Sarah's room was. At the very least she could figure it out based on wherever Rhevi ended up.

Standing inside the doorway as Rhevi explored, she peeked curiously inside, not wanting to snoop but still wanting to see.

"'Maternal instinct'?" Ari repeated, laughter in his voice. "Maternal...we talkin' 'bout the same Sarah? Or do ya mean the sorta maternal instinct like when mama animals eat their babies? 'Cause yeah, I can see that."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:55:09 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:27 pm »
<I'd be careful about cannibalism jokes, Captain.>, Rhevi warned, <But no, not like that. Not really like humans, either. Her species are survivalists. They'll talk to and bond with their young once their young develop enough to achieve sapience, but that's the most nurturing they get. Once their young hatch, they're expected to learn strength and be strong. It's not uncommon for their young to be given survival tests or be expected to feed themselves through strength or cleverness.>. As he spoke, Rhevi examined a few of the weapons Sarah had made, picking up some of the bladed ones to check the balance and inspect the blades, <I'm not sure how much is social and how much is instinct for them, but Sarah's never really shown much interest in rearing young before. It's a bit unexpected to see that she's apparently building herself a child now.>, he continued, including Sitara in the conversation.

Speaking of... <Sitara, you may wish to have a look at these weapons and see if any suit you. Sarah isn't opposed to the idea of sharing armaments when the situation requires, and having the initiative to arm yourself will put you in better standing with her. She, like most of her kind, respects strength.>, Rhevi advised as he put the weapons back and checked the messages for errors before sending them.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2019, 07:14:53 pm »
"A child? Whatcha even talkin' about?" Ari said, blinking in puzzlement. "Ya sayin' Sarah's knocked up or somethin'? What, her species produce asexually or...huh...actually, that'd make some sense." Because he couldn't think of a time where he'd ever seen her express interest in anything like that. She seemed more interested in eating faces than anything else. Unless her kind did it like mantises did and bit off the heads of their mates post coitus. Huh.

Sitara meanwhile looked from Rhevi to the weapons, at first uncertain until he explained Sarah wouldn't mind. Hopefully he was right!

"Er...to be honest, I don't really know what suits me," she said, rubbing her chin. "I've just used like guns and shit back home. Didn't do too much. Rividean scales are like fuckin' armor." Her ear twitched and she snapped a look up at Rhevi like a light bulb went off in her brain.

"Sarah got any armor-piercin' stuff? I could use something like that."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal