Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sylent's Wants & Limits  (Read 158 times)

Offline Sylent Hyll

Sylent's Wants & Limits
« on: September 27, 2023, 01:37:46 am »
PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Dunno yet.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
I dunno...um...love triangles? Those can get way complicated way fast. I'll update this as I think of more things.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
I guarantee nothing but I try to stay fairly active if I'm involved in something.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Not sure. Case-by-case.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Not big on chat RP. I've done it; I just prefer forums.

Are you open to post volleying?
Not sure, honestly; I put too much detail into most of my posts to make it work.

Anything else?
I'm bi irl and very rarely play purely cis/straight characters. Of course, this mostly applies to humanoid characters. Alien characters are...weird. I like 'em, but...well, they're weird.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I prefer someone asks before they do something like that, especially if it's something major. I'm usually leery of it and try to avoid it myself, though.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
I don't necessarily want to play out or go into detail with such things but I'm definitely not a prude.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Not really my thing. Not gonna block it, but that's more for others than me.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
I enjoy violence well enough. I've written some fairly graphic characters over the years.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
This would be extremely case by case. For things dealing with children, references are about as far as I think it should go. For example, I had a character once that was abused as a kid (all I'm gonna say there), and it came out once or twice in reference but I never went into detail about it for what should be obvious reasons. So I don't really have a problem with the worst part of drama existing as long as it's not focused on too heavily. As to adults, I've written characters that have been SAed in their backstories, but I've never written it myself.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Case-by-case. I love werewolves and vamps, honestly, but it's admittedly a major change to the character. It's one thing if it's temporary - Draco getting transfigured was HILARIOUS in the HP books - but more permanent transformations need to be discussed.

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)

Anything else?
Since this is less fantasy and more modern/futuristic, I'll probably be a lot freer with my sailor's tongue should my character be the kind to channel it. I've come up with words like trollsnot in the past for fantasy genres, but the generalized eras imply pre-modern language and...well, point being, expect profanity. Also, while I am a fade to black kind of guy for the most part, that's not to say things can't get a little heavy. Basically what it boils down to is ask first and let's see where it goes. A lot of things are cool by me, but a lot of things are also case by case. As I said above, I've written some fairly graphic characters, so...yeah.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:53:38 am by Sylent Hyll »
Fair warning that my DA (linked in profile) contains nudity.
OOC threads listed below are subject to occasional updates.
Rixxil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal