Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: More Than Scrap Metal (Draconian!)  (Read 712 times)

Anonymous

More Than Scrap Metal (Draconian!)
« on: June 27, 2008, 05:42:20 am »
They're closing in fast!

Damn it, activate secondary and tertiary speed boosters!

Can't, the heavy damage is causing severe malfunctions!

Damn it, they're firing!

Stop, please!

You can't do this, there are children on board!

What you harbor is not a child...

Christ, they wont stop! Heavy damage captain, we're-

Eve, NO!  

---

Singed and rippled metal floated easily through the empty space; wires and glittering mechanics were strewn about carelessly, drifting through the emptiness for endless miles. The trail of debris thickened after a fair while, the flaked scrapes of metal becoming chunks of ship, perhaps two, the tangles of wire clumped together in bigger sparking masses. It had been days, perhaps weeks since the battle, but the aftermath floated through space like an echo.

At the very center, suspended in the middle of the thickest cloud of debris, what was appeared to be a small young girl. She was loosely curled into herself, hugging her knees to her chest, her white dress spreading like a tattered fan around her feet. Her hair floated in long sleek black tendrils around her oddly placid face, her closed eyes, her dark lashes. She was so still, she could have easily been dead.

But that was the strange thing. There was easily enough wreckage for at least two ships... so why only one, almost damage-less body? The girl seemed to be the only sentient-looking thing around; she was completely alone.

Suddenly her face tensed as if a nightmare had flickered across her sleeping mind, as sparks and electrical crackle tumbled down her body. She jolted, her moonlight colored eyes snapping open, although she was still out cold. On some basic level, her sensors could barely feel an approaching ship. Programs and back up programs attempted to wake her but nothing seemed to work, so by default a distress beacon was sent rippling through space.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: More Than Scrap Metal (Draconian!)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:15:29 pm »
((OOC: XD Sorry about any silly mistakes~ ))

Dark brown eyes fluttered open quickly and a white-blonde head shot up to blink wearily. That was a very annoying beeping noise. His hand reached out to smack at the screen when he remembered that it wouldn't stop. Distress signals wouldn't stop even if he hit the little button. Drantris groaned and pushed his right hand through his hair and flicked the top of one very long ear to wake himself up. It stung badly, due to their sensitivity and he looked down at the screen.

It wasn't too far off, he could reach it in under an hour. He swallowed a lump in his throat and hoped that would be enough time. Mentally kicking himself for falling asleep without even putting it on auto-pilot he cursed himself two more times for leaving his twin behind. Ehtris was better at home anyway, his man-whore of a twin brother. His rolled his brown eyes towards the ceiling and put what was left of his left arm against his chest, to hang in the folds of his shirt, and punched in the coordinates with his right, slamming on the auto-pilot button so he could go and get supplies ready, just in case there were survivors of whatever this was.

Once Drantris stood up, it was made very obvious how tall he was. How lopsided.

Like most of his species, he was a tall young man, six foot five inches without the tall extra few inches his high pointed ears granted him. White blonde hair tied in a loose pony tail at the back of his neck, and dark reddish-brown eyes. His tanned complexion warred with his white-blonde hair and white and yellow clothing, but it seemed suiting and flowed.

It took him a little while to get everything ready but he laid it all out and quickly hopped back to the seat and took the auto-pilot off and stared. It was... A bunch of nothing, how could anything survive that let alone let off a - Was that a girl!?

Drantris felt his mouth open and he wondered how to get her into the ship. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough for around ten people. Taking Drantris' size and body it would be cut down to about eight, but still! He could play an intricate game of closing doors and opening hatches and ... Scooping her?  Now would be a great time to have two hands. Chewing on his lip with sharper than average teeth, he closed all the doors to the rooms, air locking them and opened the hatch to let people walk in.

It'd take some piloting skills that Drantris clearly didn't have but, somehow, in a matter of only a few minutes, he'd gotten the small space-craft to scoop the odd floating girl inside. Quickly closing the hatch, the girl in it, he stood up, set the ship on auto pilot to the nearest space station and opened the doors.

Breathing was shallow and quiet and he could feel his body heating up to compensate the sudden cold she brought with her from space. Absolutely perplexed Drantris lightly brushed a warm hand over her cheek, she didn't feel dead. Well, she was cold for sure, but he could sense some sort of life in her.

"Um... Miss? Are you alive?"  That was a stupid question. Silently he rolled his eyes to himself, she wasn't hurt looking... What the hell did one do in a case like... Like this? He wasn't about to check over her body if she were dead, but,

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:37:41 am »
At first, there was hardly any response from the girl at all. Her skin was milky-pale and cold to the touch, and there seemed to be no raise and fall to her chest. But as the hand touched lightly to her face, a great electrical crackle sounded, and sparks fizzled at the tips of her fingers. These were signs of a waking machine, what made it strange were the odd organic signs of life that flickered over the girl. Her skin warmed, her cheeks adapted a pale pink coloring, she gasped for air and her eyes fluttered, attempting to focus.

"I'm functioning at sixty-eight percent efficiency," she answered, struggling to sit up as a few more sparks dazzled out here and there along her skin. Her eyes began to dart around, silver metallic flecks lighting up under the pale blue of her irises. She took in the details of the ship, and then Drantris himself, a bright childish curiosity flickering across her expression. "You're not human... what are you? Where am I? Where is the Star Sprite?" she asked, attempting to stand. Another unhealthy burst of electrical crackling sounded and she tumbled back into a sitting position, a slight wince on her face.

((OOC: I don't know if you wanted to add anything else to your turn, because the last line I have is "He wasn't about to check over her body if she were dead, but," so the comma makes me think maybe something is missing? So if there's something that's supposed to be there that I missed, I can go back and change my turn accordingly if need be ^__^ Otherwise just ignore this comment xD ))

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:04:48 pm »
A delighted smile bloomed on his face and tilted his head to the side, his white-blonde hair falling over his face and obscuring the sigh of his sharp canine teeth. He gently ran a hand over her forehead and then let go when she talked. Eek, that was creepy. The sparking was weird, too. Then again, Drantris didn’t even know mechanical things could  look like people. He pursed his lips and then sat down on his butt, facing her, his hand on his lap. Now what to do?

”I… I’m not human.. I’m Lucidius.” He tilted his head and blinking a few times, worried about her. Was she … humanoid? “ I saved you… You were floating in space. I thought you were dead… ah..” Drantris opened his arms slightly, “I’m really warm, you should… sit…” She hadn’t noticed his lack of lower left arm, which was good.

It wouldn’t do well to scare the poor thing so soon after she woke up.

Wait.

Star sprite?

Large brown eyes blinked a few times and he pressed his lips together. “I.. Don’t know anything about a Star Sprite… You’re on my ship…” He reached out his right hand, tanned, long fingers, slightly pointed nails, more like talons than finger nails, but gentle when not used as a weapon. “How’s the other thirty-two percent?” He asked gentle before putting a hand on her leg, not really keen on getting sparked, but maybe something warm would be nice… “I’m Drantris… What’s your name..?”

(DX Sorry!!!! It's short and.. yeah >_< ))

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:31:53 pm »
"Lucidius," she repeated, mimicking even his tone of voice as she repeated the word. The silver rings that glimmered faintly in her wide eyes seemed to spin as a quiet mechanical humming filled the air. She blinked and her eyes sharply focused and unfocused, giving the impression of snapping a photograph. "No data on species Lucidius; please explain," she said in a cool emotionless voice. Her eyes flicked over him as he opened his arms, taking in every detail.

Then quite suddenly, a loud mechanical crackle sounded and a bright red light flashed behind Eve's eyes; in glowed ominously there behind her irises, through her ears and the small space between her lips. She winced -a very human reaction- covered her ears, and began to shiver all over. The light slowly faded out.

"S-sit ... with you?" she asked in a much more organic voice, a pale bit of pink lighting her cheeks. "Uh..." She glanced around, that little snap-shot motion repeating behind her eyes.

"Starsprite is the ship of Dr. Jester Hyde," Eve explained in her smooth machine-like voice, "It was the ship that him and I where traveling on until- until-" her voice track seemed to skip; she shook her head and blinked in confusion. She was startled by the sudden touch, her legs both folding up snuggly against her chest. She wrapped her arms tightly around them, watching Drantris was caution, uncertainty, and a bright cold fear that was clearly not directed at him, but more so the confusing situation. "U-until ... there was an accident, I-I think," she stuttered in a meek tone, her gaze falling down shyly to her own hands.

Eve's teeth chattered; clearly she was enough of an organic creature to feel cold.

"Drantris... " slowly she extended her arm and turned it so the underside was visible. The skin there was burned, red, white and crisp at the edges like real human skin. However, under the wound was an odd mesh of wires, circuits, and blinking lights. That was probably part of the other thirty two percent damage he questioned. "I am unit CPC version three," she smiled, girlish, shy, and added in a soft nervous whisper "Eve."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 02:46:29 am »
Brown eyes could only watched, worried, curious. Was she okay? What was she? He held his breath and then licked his lips, silent, watching. Drantris ignored her asking him to explain the lucidius, he’d let her find out slowly on her own until he got her to where she was going.  Though, the way she completely repeated him was creepy. Used to ships and those kinds of electrical things, this was the very first time he’d seem a … Someone who looked so human.

It seemed like she was there for a second before her voice changed again. Drantris leaned back a little and tilted his head, swiftly reaching up to flick the tip of an ear. Instant pain floated down to the base of his neck and he hissed, his fangs showing and his face contorting in mild-pain. Nope, this was real. So… He watched, listened, well… Drantris could tell there had been an accident her floating there in the cold empty space made that one a little obvious.

Curious he watched her, blinking and leaning back when her arm was thrust out and she mentioned she was something that was a version three. Did that mean he’d find two more somewhere? No matter, he had this one to deal with. Gently he reached his hand out and ran it over the outside of burn, the wires. His body temperate was like concrete on a warm summer day, warm enough to lay on after going to swim in the ocean but cool enough not to burn.

Still very self-conscience about his missing left arm, Drantris opened his arms slightly and offered a kind smile. “Eve, I like that better than Unit CPC Version Three.” A slow nod and he didn’t look at his missing limb, just at her, this poor ruined girl. Eve. That was a cute name. “How about we warm you up, then you can tell me what you need? I have some medical supplies in a room, but… I’m not sure how we’d do this, and I think getting you warm is a good head-start.” He could feel the cold radiating off of the girl, but his own unnatural heat quickly warmed up the air around him.

“Please?” He hardly had a chance to be helpful, “I don’t bite.”

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 10:54:18 am »
Eve flinched very slightly as those long fingers crept down her damaged skin, her bare hissing circuits. The machine part of her mind sent out little blips of annoyance; there were questions she had asked that he had not answered; but something else told her that it would be rude to pester him. The little burst of sentient intuition was a rare thing, but she was greatful for it when it came. The last thing she wanted to bother someone who had helped her.

Still seeming a little nervous, the girl carefully unwound her arms from around her legs and let her limbs fall slack with all the natural gracelessness of a real young girl. Carefully she flipped herself over and crawled toward Drantris, keeping her weight of her wounded arm, and settled in front of him, leaning lightly against his chest. She was surprisingly heavy, for such a tiny thing. The heat was surprising to her, as she had been so cold from floating in space that she hadn't even felt the warmth in the air.

"You can just call me Eve then, if you like it better," she said, letting her eyes sink shut in an expression of serene comfort. It seemed odd that a machine could enjoy the sensation of warmth so much. She was clutching her wounded arm against her chest, slowly clenching and clenching her fingers. "Wires three A through twenty three C in left lower arm region need immediate replacements, dexterity is compromised. The left arm's assault weapons are out of commission," sounded her mechanical voice, before she added in a quiet, tense voice "It... it really hurts...."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal