Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Starkillers (Open)  (Read 478 times)

Nexus

Starkillers (Open)
« on: February 15, 2015, 03:59:35 am »
"Need help....urgent..... .star....ta...sun.. ...pla....dy .." Static followed the transmission that was picked up by the Supernova. Ractahl was confused and didn't know what to think of the message. The ship was ill equipped for decoding messages and the task was set upon by the co-pilot in the ships hold.
"Do you have that decoder up and running yet?" Asked the M'jornn captain.
"I haven't tested it, but it should be in working order in about an hour." A female voice responded irately.
Ractahl asked that question every half hour, seeing it could mean an opportunity to make more money to pay off his ship. It seemed like an eternity when the decoder was finished.
"You can test it, and I'll get some sleep." The co-pilot said as she put the device on the co-pilot's chair and went below to get cleaned up.
"Ok," Ractahl said to himself, "Let's see what secrets you have."
The device hummed to life and the message replayed for the device.
"In di...need of help......urgent that......starki... .taking our sun......planet is dy...."
"Not enough to make out what is being said." Ractahl tried again at a higher setting, writing what was being said.
"In dire need of help! Very urgent that someone, anyone, respond! Starkillers are taking our sun. The planet is dying at an increasing rate!" The message ended in static, as before, indicating that it was either cut off or the transmitting point was destroyed.
Ractahl froze where he sat, his heart beating faster than it had in a long time. Fear gripped him. He saw the monstrous beast of a ship that destroyed his home world of Mjornn so long ago.

As if fate brought them back together, Ractahl's Supernova returned to the destroyers of his home. The massive 276km long vessel controlled by a ruthless and cruel race. Alti Bacakli Iblis, or star killers to other races, seeing they used the stars of inhabited systems to gain resources.
"I has hoped to never come in contact with that ship ever again." Ractahl said. "Battle stations, Ch'orys. We have company, and it is not the friendly kind!"
"Who did you anger this time?" Ch'orys asked sarcastically.
"Let's just say they are some old friends. You may want to gear up." Ractahl said. "Star killers take few prisoners, and few live to escape them."
"Ah hell, Rac. You said you were rid of them!" Ch'orys said as she ran to get into her powered armor.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:01:36 am by Nexus »

Stardancer

Re: Starkillers (Open)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:11 pm »
In the black void of space, a large warship was steadily making its way through the endless star-studded darkness around it. The ship itself was quite huge, being made of an unknown black metal that had only a faint gleam, the rest of it seemed to swallow any light that dare touch its surface. Inside the interior, were many stations and cargo space, as well as quarters for all its various crew members. A super engine powered the entire thing, rivaling any normal type of engine usually found in such ships. Its fuel tank ran on what was called Plasmium and allowed the massive structure to go at Light Speed as well as Regular Speed. Right now it traveled at the latter speed.

In one of the many rooms and chambers inside the ship, a female Hatuni warrior could be seen practicing her drills, having just recently finished a trying simulation consisting of hostile enemies shooting open fire from both sky and ground, and she was trying to make her way unharmed to the foe's power source that fueled their entire 'operation' so to speak and shut it down in time before the planet they were attacking was destroyed. It was a scripted holographic simulation that had been programmed many months prior into the system and many warriors, especially those of the fighter ranks were required to practice it as much as possible.

This time, unlike the others, Briia had been so close to shutting down the mysterious crystal before a colossal explosion hit the area she was in, but leaving the crystal intact. Needless to say, it was officially 'game over', and the simulation rebooted back to the start. She had failed it again. But at least she had been closer than ever before, so it was progress at least. Only a handful of fighters had managed to pass this test though, with many more still trying, others growing frustrated with it, mainly those of the soldier rank.

This test was quite important for the Hatuni had managed to acquire intelligence on a certain alien foe and their plans to conquer and destroy. Her people had found out what they used to capture the energy of suns of many an inhabited solar system, yet their success so far did not entail how to defeat them. It was only a matter of time though, or so Briia hoped. Known as 'Star Killers' by many, they were a cruel and vicious species that refused time and again the Hatuni's attempts at peaceful negotiations. This was war now. Nothing they could say would sway these monsters. They had tried that already.

So it was as Briia was doing pullups on the bars, a fellow fighter came rushing in in a hurry. "Briia, I've been instructed to tell you that all able fighters and soldiers are to report to the main deck as soon as possible. Captain's orders. There's been a distress call from a ship somewhere in this quadrant of space and they need our help! I do not know who else may have heard the signal, but regardless it falls to us to do our sworn duties! I have to return now, please make sure you're there in the next five minutes or less."

"Thank you Zingra, I'll be there in a minute or two." Briia stated, already beginning to put her armor on and gathering what she needed.

Zingra nodded and rushed out, leaving Briia to finish suiting up. She had a feeling she knew where this was headed, and she didn't like it one bit. These enemies needed to be stopped. Soon, she made her way to the main deck where most everyone else was gathered, their features grim as they anticipated what was to come. When everyone else arrived and the Captain made his appearance, it was as Briia feared. The Star Killers were at it again.

The ship was then activated into Light Speed and they arrived at their destination a little ways away from the scene of devastation. There was another ship nearby that looking through the viewing panels Briia could see it was not an enemy ship. Perhaps someone else had heard the call and came to help? They had to act quickly however, the victims of these starkillers were in grave danger.

Moving onwards to where the slaughter was taking place, the crew in charge of the arsenal were already loading the ammo into the exterior weaponry outside the ship, getting ready to launch off an attack at the enemy. Whether or not that other spaceship would follow and lend their aid remained to be seen.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Starkillers (Open)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:56:53 pm »
"This is scout-cruiser Seravian Rum. We are under fire! I repeat, we are under fire. Requesting all Alliance assets in range of our coordinates to assist as per the Starshi-", the message ended in static.

"Did we get the coordinates?", the captain snapped.

"Aye, Sir. Warp locked, gate opening, Sir."

"Advising Command. Heavy cruisers Tragoúdi tou Drákou and Nýchi Drákou are meeting us there."

"Sir, message from Imperial Command. Missile cruiser Lanze der Ewigkeit also got the message and is en route as we speak. She'll arrive first."

"Good.". As he spoke, the captain prayed that Kőikjal and Igakord, the gods of Space and Time, would compress their respective domains to allow With Joined Hands to be able to save even one of the 500-meter long scout ships.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 kilometers to the Starkiller ship's port, a massive rift opened, allowing a 139-km missile cruiser to emerge in realspace, its 46 fighters deploying as soon as the exclusion field generated by the rift was dispelled. As the fighters raced toward the Starkiller ship, Lanze der Ewigkeit opened fire, each of its 52 missile tubes launching Hollenfeuer Dioxygen Difloride missiles at the hostile vessel.

The first barrage was barely out of the way before three white rings appeared above the Starkiller vessel, which then filled into white circles before spewing forth two 2-km-long Aresian heavy cruisers and the 278-km-long With Joined Hands.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal