Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Open space...open season (Open :P ^^)  (Read 650 times)

Anonymous

Open space...open season (Open :P ^^)
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:21:37 pm »
The Bermuda Triangle cruised silently through space, at the bridge sat a young man, Nraig kel Mansa.  Hands clasped securely behind his back he watched the readouts on the screens before him, the radar beeping with a silent 'teep' to his right.  Sighing he massaged his temples, two months in the open and not one sighting.  If it continued like this he would be forced to disband his crew and become a janitor.  Well...not really, but that was a strong possibility.  Pressing a button on the armrest his chair slid back and he got up, reaching back descreetly and removing the underwear that had gone up his crack, hoping no one had noticed.  "Well, I'm going to head off to bed, you boys," he stated, And girl," he added, referring to his Tuathian pilot, though he wasn't really sure if 'girl' was the proper term, he used it anyway, and she didn't seem to mind.  "Be sure to call me if you see anything, which I doubt, if it gets this bad in open space we'll start having to hit Thanatos...again." He let a smile flicker across his face at the prospect, attacking Thanatos always gave him a rush.  Such a challenge, which is how he got this lovely ship, stolen from their very own shipyards.  Nodding a farewell he stepped out of the bridge to the elevator, the doors hissing closed behind him.  "7th floor DORA." he intoned, referring to the ship's computer.  OF COURSE CAPTAIN. The computer responded, soon followed by a slight jerk as the elevator moved.  Humming to himself Nraig looked down at his shoes as the elevator music played, many times he had tried to rid the ship of that, but the crew fought back at his order, why they liked it he was at a loss, but he did not want a mutiny over some music.  His ears twitched, their length far overreaching his head, he was worried, finding himself repeating himself, he was always doing that to himself as he continued to repeat himself.  It was a way to tell he was worried.  No ships, at all, it was as if trading had never existed, all they had run across were a few military ships that quickly skirted away at the first site of them.  He hoped dearly that if trade was at a halt it would start up again, it was his only income.  The elevator dinged and Nraig stepped out, "Have a good night DORA." The elevator chuckled, "IT'S MORNING CAPTAIN." Nraig paused, then turned, "Then have a good morning DORA." "YOU TOO CAPTAIN." Smiling Nraig retreated to his quarters where he plopped upon his bed and fell quickly asleep.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:03 am »
An alarm bleeping nonstop into his ear awoke him with a start.  Then a voice over the PA, "Captain, your not going to believe this, we've got a ship on radar." Nraig sat up quickly and depressed the PA button, "Your sure?" The woman's voice chuckled, "As sure as I'm a woman sir, you've got yourself a ship." Smiling he replied, "I'll be right up Adila." Then shoving on his boots quickly headed to the bridge, almost running.  Entering the elevator he silently muttered, "Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up." Completely out of patience.  Then with a hiss the doors flew open and he strode into the bridge.  Soundlessly his radiowoman, Adila pointed to the radar which was now beeping with a ship, the name beside it.  "Tag number RT-45621, the Starrider.  Cerma, check the records, see if this ship is privately owned or belongs to a company, preferably Thanatos."  The Lanacerian male nodded before referring to the computer before him, fingers flying, then finally calling out, It's Thanatos sir, cargo ship, headed to earth for water and food delivery.  Rumors are also that it's carrying slaves. Nraig smiled, "Good job, Cerma, as usual.  Don't establish contact with it Adila until they radio us, I've got a special response for them.  The radiowoman smiled and nodded, turning back to her communications equipment.  His Tuathian pilot cut the thrusters and silently they drifted in space.  "Cut the lights." Ordered Nraig, and one by one all the lights on the ship flicked off.  The crew were manning the guns already, tracking the cargo ship's movement.  For a few minutes the ship lay dead in the water, so to speak, all hands watching the cargo ship Starrider slowly cruise along.  Suddenly the communications screen in front of Nraig flickered and the face of a Lucidius appeared on it, speaking, Unknown starship, identify yourself, tag number and name. Nraig watched the Lucidius male carefully examining his features, quite young, he did not answer.  Uknown starship, do you copy? No answer.  If you continue to remain silent we will be forced to fire, what is your tag number? Nraig smiled and whispered to his Tuathian pilot, "Ease her nice and gently a little closer, I want our gunners to get a full view so that they do not miss." The ship's starboard thrusters fired and the ship eased over as ordered.  Refrain movement or we will fire! The Lucidius' voice sounded slightly frightened now, and in the background Nraig heard a crew member on the bridge call out, "It's the Organ!  It's coming!" Snarling Nraig turned away from the screen, killing communications.  "Fire, on my order." The ship eased closer, "Wait for it..." Closer "Now." The Bermuda Triangle suddenly flickered to life as it's ion cannons thundered, actually rocking the ship back a couple of paces.  Nraig opened communications with the cargo ship once more, "There's our tag number sir, we have several, shall I show you some more I have had made?  Especially for you." Not even waiting for an answer Nraig nodded for the order to fire again and the guns thundered, sending blue bolts streaking toward the Thanatos ship.  Explosions rippled along it's sides as it's shields failed, the communications screen flickered for a moment, the Lucidius' face contorted in fear, behind him there was smoke and the harsh scream  of a dying man.  "I suggest you surrender sir, before more of your crew get hurt." The Starrider's answer was a wild volley that went wide and zoomed off into space.  "Not wise of you my friend." Nraig retorted and with a glee watched as the guns fired again.  This time communications was cut, slicing off a very piercing scream, the last sight of the Starrider's captain was a bloodstreaked face with one eye missing.  Ah...victory was sweet.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:39:29 pm »
The Captain and his crew toured the captured and downed ship, smiling at the carnage they ruthlessly created.  Bodies slung against the wall and floor, flickering lights, smoky rooms.  To be honest, Nraig was quite proud of himself, in his hand was clapsed the ion pistol he continuously carried at his side.  They had a little ways to make it to the bridge, and still some time to see if the ship carried some valuable cargo.  Presently they entered the bridge, a fiery and hazy mourge, except for one figure still twitching among the wreckage.  The Lucidian Captain himself, he turned his blood streaked face to glare upon the intruders, You will pay for your deeds *cough* Nraig, your actions will not go unpunished. *fit of coughing* Nraig chuckled, twirling his pistol about, "Oh, I seriously doubt that my friend, that's what all the other 125 Captains said, 126, now, and look, I walk brazenly upon your ship.  Tell me, does Thanatos punish everyone like this?  If so, I may just get used to it." The Starrider's Captain spit out blood upon the floor, clutching his middle, Go to hell. Nraig smiled, now aiming his sidearm, "Already been there.  Nice and toasty." He fired, the shot disentegrating the Captain's head, the body wavered for a moment before completely collapsing upon the ground.  "Search the ship, see what you can find, then leave it." He turned and strode back to the Bermuda Triangle, grinning widely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal