Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Cancer / Re: Droplets on a Razor's Edge
« Last post by Daglobster on October 04, 2022, 02:35:41 pm »
Seexa confirmed she was hungry, and Torien matched her small smile. He hated eating by himself, especially when there were others around. Something about being watched while eating gave him unease, even if he didn’t remember why…

With a little “come on” gesture, he walked over to the (blessedly dry) bundle of food and picked up a synthpaper bag that smelled of greasy food and fried things, filled nearly to the brim. Crem had scribbled “starter fuel” on the bag in marker over the colorful Burger-Mat logo. The only true seat in the ship was the control station, so Torien made sure to recline it as far back as possible so he could use it as a “bench” of sorts.

“It’s the name they gave me,” he whispered, and he scooched over and patted the space next to him. From the burgeoning bag, he unveiled a foil-wrapped cheeseburger. “It’s what they call me whenever they make me fight, but… it’s not a bad name.”

As he spoke, he unwrapped the burger, fold by fold.

“I like it when my friends call me Chrome Warrior. It makes me feel strong, like I’m important. Not… owned. Like I’m free.”
The Cancer / Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Last post by DragonSong on October 02, 2022, 07:02:21 pm »
“Right?” She tipped her head back to let the water stream over her face, leaning back until she could feel Kayse’s presence behind her, hovering there a moment, then stepping forward under the full cascade of water again.

“Can’t say I know anything about physics cores, but this is definitely one of the swankiest showers I’ve ever stood in, real or otherwise.” She glanced back over her shoulder at him. “See anything we can use to scrub off? Or are we just meant to stand here and hope the water is real enough to get the job done?” she chuckled lightly.
« Last post by DragonSong on October 02, 2022, 03:22:14 pm »
Seexa managed to wrangle the sudden anger back under control and took a careful step back from the tank, though her breath was still coming more harshly than was strictly necessary. She knew she needed the damned thing, but…

She just hated it.

“Hm?” Torien’s question reminded her of the present situation and she looked to the synthetic foodstuff. “Oh. Um…yes,” she admitted with a small smile. “I could eat more…”

She cocked her head curiously in Torien’s direction. “That…what he called you. Chrome Warrior. What does…that mean?”
« Last post by Daglobster on October 01, 2022, 03:56:31 am »
“Does it?” chirped Kayse, who had just wrangled off the very last of his clothes and carefully stepped into the running shower behind her. With a touch, the shower’s door sealed closed. The glass turned opaque, the bottom and tops lighting up to keep the two of them illuminated in gentle light. Kayse had taken the liberty of switching off his coldness so it wouldn’t feel weird in the shower, and he laid a hand on her back.

He dipped a hand in to scoop some water and let it flow through his fingers.

“Incredible. They’ve got to have the server on two, probably three physics cores.”

He stood close enough behind her to share the water and let it run over his face and front. “No, maybe even four. This actually feels real, holy shit…” he said with a breathless chuckle.
« Last post by Daglobster on October 01, 2022, 03:40:18 am »
“She hates it,” Torien murmured, giving Seexa a reassuring little back rub. He was more comfortable once she had some semblance of decency. He was tired and he also wanted to spare himself the confusion that came with Naked Friends.

“But if we want to leave…” Although… he looked around at the goblin ship’s interior, and several small ideas sparked in his mind. No, that was for later.

“Well, erm… for now…” and he looked over to Crem, whose eyebrows nearly pierced the cieling. “Oh for-“ But Torien was already stepping up to make his whispered voice heard. “I’ll do all the work on the tank. And I’ll even do work on your place.” Torien strained to raise his voice confidently, but he stood in front of the old man.

Crem pointed his cane at Torien.

“It’s not you I’m worried about, Chrome Warrior,” he said, looking past him towards Seexa. He shifted on his feet, replaced his cane against the ground, and made for the ship’s entry ramp.

“I’ll get my truck. You should eat something, Torien. Kick start that interchanger.”

Torien shrugged, and once it was dark and quiet, Torien looked to Seexa, but not before eyeing the still-wrapped collection of burger-mat food brought alongside the steaks.

“Still hungry?”
« Last post by DragonSong on September 23, 2022, 08:35:13 am »
“Pins and needles,” she repeated with a rough, quiet laugh and a nod. She’d heard the expression before, but had never really had any basis for comparison. Until now, apparently.

She twitched a bit at the foreign feeling of fabric against her skin when the cloak was draped over her shoulders, but quickly adjusted to hold it closed over her chest. Still moving carefully, adjusting to her new center of gravity, she turned to see the crooked and leaking tank Crem indicated and frowned.

“I…hate…that thing,” she rasped quietly, glaring at it. Logically, she knew it needed to be fixed—she would need to be in water again sooner rather than later, most likely. But just looking at it, seeing from the outside how confining it was, how limiting, her entire world

Seexa hissed at the tank, lips drawing back over sharp teeth in a snarl. “I hate it,” she spat, still glaring at the thing as though it was a sentient creature that might retreat under her gaze.
« Last post by Daglobster on September 19, 2022, 09:52:58 pm »
Okay. He could do this.

He would have continued that line of thinking, but then she waddled just that much closer to him and he felt her arms drape around his shoulder, her damp body come flush against him. He wasn’t a sailor, not by a long shot, but she certainly could have eaten him right then and there. Metal and all.

His own hands rise to her shoulders to better support her as she used him as a support. He retracted his foot talons so he could stand this close to her without bumping her with any sharp bits.

“Feeling pins and needles?” He said in an enthusiastic whisper, but then his smile faded somewhat when Crem cleared his throat.

“The lady’s cloak,” he said blithely, coming up and very lightly dropping it on her shoulders. It was a makeshift cloak with a hood, so she’d have to hold it closed with her hands as she walked. Torien adjusted on her shoulders and took her hands to show her how to properly “wear” it.

Crem’s eyes were hard an analytical as he took the two of them in, as if he was mulling over a nagging thought that he kept to himself. “I’m not a fancy geneticist, just a surgeon and cyber-doc. It’s my guess that you have “adapted” to land. Lungs instead of gills, feet in place of limbs. I don’t know how long you can stay without water, probably not long.”

He glanced to the fallen tank, which was on its side and blinking with red lights instead of its usually gentler glow.

“So we’ve still got a problem.”
Solar System / Re: Mind in a Can [Dragonsong]
« Last post by DragonSong on September 09, 2022, 07:02:33 am »
“…I don’t think that creature is the kind of thing you can just “give a good clonk on the head”,” Lynn murmured. She didn’t want to scare her passenger, but she also didn’t want her to potentially face whatever that thing was unprepared.

Attempting to lighten the mood just a bit, she added with a chuckle, “But I could certainly give it my best. Here.” She held her hands out, palms up. “Place your hands over mine, and repeat what I chant, okay?”
« Last post by DragonSong on September 09, 2022, 06:58:02 am »
By the time she reached the shower to turn the water on, she was left in just her underwear, and Kayse was undressed only a few steps behind her. She turned, leaning against the smooth glass of the shower and simply looking at him for a moment, eyes wandering curiously over his form.

She hadn’t exactly been able to take a look before, after all.

The slight flush to her cheeks warmed further as he began stripping off his pants, and she took a fortifying breath before doing the same and letting her panties drop to the bathroom floor—which matched the rest of the suite, designed to look like they were standing on a whirling galaxy of color and light.

Keeping her voice even, she reached back to place her hand under the water. “Feels real,” she noted blithely before stepping into the shower, leaving the glass door open behind her.
Solar System / Re: Mind in a Can [Dragonsong]
« Last post by Daglobster on September 08, 2022, 09:33:16 pm »
“Oh.” came Serina’s short reply, her eyebrows momentarily creeping upwards. A pensive moment passed, and she nodded. “Ok, cool. Great. We auto-pilot to the next stop, and then hopefully this… ancient predator thing will hop off,” she said, unaware of the irony of her present company. Serina stepped over to Lynn and joined her in the pentagram’s center. Carefully, as if Lynn was made of glass, Serina gently put her hand on her forearm and offered a comforting smile.

“Well, we have all these weapons, too,” she added, half-joking and half serious. “You look strong so maybe you can just… give it a good clonk over the head,” she said with a faint dusting of warmth on her face.

Then, she stepped back and cleared her throat lightly.

“Ready to begin when you are.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal