TEINAR > Wastelands

Yeah, this is Totally Target Practice.... [Blink!]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blink:
"What I meant is that it's just smarter for myself and my small longer range bullets to be in the back, you idiot."

Sparrow stared at his shoulders as he walked in front of her, weapon drawn. She stopped when he mentioned her not trusting him.

"You trying to insult me Vaas?" All jokes aside Sparrow took the topic of trust very seriously. Every single member of her squad held her trust and it was insulting whether they were joking or not when they questioned it.

The quelling anger building inside was quickly diminished when Sparrow caught something out of the corner of her eye up ahead.

"Movement ahead" She was already pulling her rifle site to her eye, trying to get a closer look at what it could be. "Raiders..." she whispered, pulling her eye to look at Vaas. Then, a smile formed at the corner of her lips.

"Target practice just got a hell of a lot more fun." Letting out a laugh she stepped up beside him, pressing the butt of her gun into the placement against her shoulder. Sparrow wasn't afraid in the slightest. Even at a disadvantage with being out in the open like this, she knew that between herself and Vaas, these cocksuckers didn't stand a fucking chance.

"Looks like there is only two. I'll be nice and share." Then just as she had done before Sparrow quickly took aim and let off a 'pop' causing one of the targets ahead to drop.

"Hell yeah!"

Marakai2.0:
"I was jokin', bird brain. 'Bout every topic. You oughta know that by now. Ain' been mad atcha since tha' first night at Ralleigh's, when ya sucker punched me over a fuckin' hoodie. 'Course I know ya trust me. An' I trust you, with jus' about everything." There were a great many things he trusted her with, too. Secrets that only the two of them shared, a link forged of absolute trust shielding those secrets.

He glanced over his shoulder at her with an expression of hurt. "An' I dunno how you'd think differently, no matter what I say."

He huffed as he turned back to face front, stepping fully out into the open and seeing the targets just as she pointed them out.

"Only fuckin' two of 'em. Not much fun when we got da drop on 'em." He didn't even aim his pistol this time, raising that cannon just as Sparrow fired her rifle. "Center mass," he mumbled, calling his shot an instant before squeezing the trigger.

Just as the first raider dropped, a spout of blood erupted in the others chest as the massive slug crashed through his rib cage, pulverizing bone and muscle and organ tissue.

He fell just as dead as the first, collapsing into the dust.

"Only fuckin' two of 'em. They're either very stupid, very desperate, or there's a camp nearby."

Blink:
With the amount of concentration, she placed on her own target Sparrow practically jumped when she heard the loud backlash ring out from Vaas's pistol. Instinctively she reached out and shoved Vaas's shoulder.

"You ass! Maybe a little warning!" She flicked her attention to the now two raiders a few hundred yards in front of them. "Good shot though..."

Lowering her weapon Sparrow began pushing forwards. "Let's hope stupid and desperate. We don't have the ammo or manpower to take out an entire camp. Maybe something more worthy than just scrap metal up ahead around that construct."

It didn't take long for her to reach the two bodies, well body... and a half, that were laying in the dirt. Reacting as if she were examining a round target Sparrow smiled again when she saw she hit her raider right between the eyes.

"Fuck yeah!" she yelled as she dug out her Com. "Here hold this," Sparrow then shoved her rifle towards Vaas.

Kneeling down Sparrow extended her arm out to point the camera on her Com towards her. She then stuck out her tongue and flashed a peace sign with the other hand snapping the picture of herself.

"Gotta show Commander..." she mumbled as she typed in his name and sent him the picture. "Want a picture with yours? We could take them to Ralleigh's tonight and maybe get some free drinks or something." She bit her bottom lip and flashed Vaas a smile at that. "Nothing hotter than a pilot taking out some stupid Raiders."

Marakai2.0:
Vaas stepped with her shove, only moving a single step before rebalancing himself; he was keeping his attention more on their surroundings, staying alert to the possible presence of other targets. Only after he was positive there wasn't any in the immediate vicinity did he glance at her again.

"Ya think you got it bad, try bein' the one behind th' gun. 'Sides that, yer th' one that thought it was smart ta stand right beside me." He grinned as he followed after her, and his eyes again began sweeping their environs for danger.

When the whole world was trying to kill you, there wasn't room for carelessness, but he knew better than to remind Sparrow of that. So he'd watch her back for her. Luckily, everything still seemed clear.

"Yeah, if there does happen ta be a camp, though, we oughta find it so we can let Grish know. We're awful close ta th' dome, and somethin' like tha' doesn't need ta stay around." He hummed as he followed her to the fallen raiders, and grinned when she pointed out her marksmanship.

"Good on ya, bird brain. Nice shot," he started, just as she shoved her rifle into his chest. He grabbed it by the stock, and held it loosely in one hand, barrel pointed away from the both of them.

"A pic? Nah, somehow I don' think they'd appreciate tha' gory mess posted up on th' wall. Wouldn't mind showin' Grisham, though. If'n we see any more stragglers, ya should trade me guns so th' next'un don't have a fuckin' crater in his chest."

Blink:
With a laugh, Sparrow reached out and grabbed her rifle. "No thanks. I would like to keep my arms."

Her eyes then moved towards the metal construct they were shooting at before the raiders made their appearance. "Looks like the top of an old building maybe?" She began walking towards it again, lifting her rifle to a defensive posture while scanning their surroundings.

"Let me see if this shows up on the latest scans."

She wouldn't move ahead without his input. If this was indeed an old building who knew how far down it went. Or better yet, what was beneath the surface that they couldn't see.

Com still in hand Sparrow pulled up the map they had available for the area. With scans and patrols being done on the regular the building should already have been scoped and researched.

Turns out she was right, the construct did show up on the map. "Nevermind... false alarm" her eyes still on her Com she read the info available to her. "Only goes down about ten feet or so. Tweedle Dumb Raiders One and Two were probably just camping here for the time being."

Taking a few steps forwards she held her posture, rounding the structure ready to pull the trigger just in case. It was very anticlimactic as nothing out of the ordinary was behind it that could be seen to the untrained eye, however, Sparrow's eyes were anything but untrained. Taking a deep breath she lowered her rifle and looped the strap over her shoulder.

"Well guess we should head back... I'm bored." Sparrow's tone had fallen flat as she said it, her eyes searching for Vaas's.

"Movement behind the yellow and faded red flap three yards to my left. I saw a boot. Blow a hole in that motherfucker." Sparrow using the psychic bond she shared with Vaas to deliver the message.

While her tone was flat she was still smiling, clearly having fun with this little game of cat and mouse.

"Probably thinks we are a bunch of fucking idiots" she smirked as her eyes locked with his once more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version