TEINAR > Wastelands

Yeah, this is Totally Target Practice.... [Blink!]

<< < (4/4)

Blink:
It was painful, far more painful than she ever thought it would be. She wanted to pretend like she was joking, but now that it was done it was too late for that.

"Screw you Vaas", she mumbled before unlatching her mask from her belt.

Quickly she slid it on, the tint in the shade hiding her eyes from him and hiding how she truly felt about it. In the distance she could feel Tyasja picking up on her sudden change in demeanor. If anything it made her more upset, knowing she could never tell anyone what she was feeling right now.

The entire walk back to their dragons Sparrow didn't say a word, only breath sounds escaping from behind the mask.

"Need me to hold your hand on the way home or can I just go? I suddenly have the urge to get as far away from you as possible... now that I'm free and all."

Marakai2.0:
Vaas very nearly didn't respond to her words, although he heard them quite clearly. Though, still, he had to keep up appearances, with something much bigger than him always listening in.

"Ain' gonna fuckin' happen. Let's jus' get the hell back to Adstreia, an'...call it a day." Those last four words came out more like a strangled grunt, and he was glad to be in front of her so she couldn't see his face.

After a moment, he pulled out another cigarette, this time not even bothering to form a flame from a spark. He needed something to focus on to keep from wanting to tear his own hair out and reestablish the link, and a little mental strain would do nicely.

It took only a second, nearly his whole hand wreathed in flame, and he was glad for the heat and the slight pain from having that fire so near his skin. He lit his cigarette and shook the fire out, taking a long, shuddering drag off of it, smoking as they walked in silence.

When she finally spoke up, he barely glanced at her as he flicked the cigarette out into the dust. He simply slid his mask back on, blinking at the change in the light as the HUD reactivated. The motion tracker showed her, a little ways behind him, and marked Raijin's location a little ways off, some distance away from Sparrows own Dragon partner.

"Doesn't matter. I don't care what the fuck you do."

With that, he took his own path separate from her, heading towards Raijin. Away from her.

Blink:
His words hurt. So much, in fact, it caused Sparrow to stop for a moment just to process them.

'I don't care what the fuck you do'

Well, guess she had no way of knowing if he really meant that or not.

"Fine! I don't care what the fuck you do either!" she yelled back, clenching fists at her sides as the two parted ways.  Honestly, she wished she had meant it, then things would just be so much easier.

Tyasja was clearly curious about what had just happened but wouldn't ask, that would require pretending like she actually cared what happened in Sparrow's life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version