Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: FLAMES! FLAMES ON THE SIDES OF MY FACE! [open!]  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

FLAMES! FLAMES ON THE SIDES OF MY FACE! [open!]
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:17 pm »
It would be Yazuri's luck as a fire mage that she would manage to set everything on fire even when she couldn't actually access her ability, currently!

Well, maybe not everything was on fire.

But her stove sure was.

Yazuri stared in horror at her flaming stove, which was on fire because she wanted to boil water, and she decided to run to the other room to quickly throw some clothes in the dryer. Except it didn't work that way, because apparently there was some old stuff under the burner or something, or a spark had flown out and caught the pot holder she'd left behind, and now there was fire everywhere and her fire alarm was screeching and she tried to put it out but apparently made it worse because now it was smoking something awful! Coughing something fierce, and panicking because yes, ha ha ha, she was a fire mage who didn't know how to naturally put out a fire and had cruddy control even with magic, she rushed out of her apartment to get some air and yanked her cell phone out.

(Why hadn't she thought to do that earlier?!)

...Oh. Maybe because she'd forgotten to charge it.

"Nooo!" she moaned as smoke poured out her window after her, her heart racing and palms sweaty because she was going to burn down her house!

She was the worst fire mage ever.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Lion

Re: FLAMES! FLAMES ON THE SIDES OF MY FACE! [open!]
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »
[Your post is hilarious Rhi. I could perfectly imagine this happening in sequence. Poor Girl, LOL]

He wasn't going to lie. Sometimes there were perks of his job that really made it worth all the effort. Even when that effort was tailing someone onto an entirely different planet because they turned down his invitation to have an office tea party!  As rude as it was, they'd be forgiven their slight, for now.

Luca caught the next shuttle out of Aedolis headed across the starscape. If he really thought about it long and hard, he would have put more effort in trying to hide.  He didn't like it when people knew he was far away; it was far too tempting for mice to play. However, for a client willing to forward him two-thirds of the initial price to go after their so called "colleague", he figured he was willing to accommodate them as necessary.

Edanith wasn't a bad place either, even if much of it was red. Thankfully the trip to Tynova didn't take as long as he agonized it would.  The lag made him sleep more than he wanted, but he wouldn't argue with anything that'd make him refreshed in time for landing.

Tynova was no Haviah, but it was a decent place to start. Business was business, and he settled into his hotel without incident. Checking his phone and there was another text from his client.  There wasn't any point in responding; they'd get an update when there was one to tell.  For now, he'd have to get a move on.

The lush green of everything, frankly, was rather startling. But, Luca had to admit there was a nice blossoming feeling to it.  Everything felt fresher. Except for the smoke, which was clogging up his delicate nostrils!

Luca growled, and pulled up the rag he was going to use to gag his target an wrapped it around his mouth an nose as he wandered closer to the source of the smoke.  He scowled and soon saw flames pouring out of the window.  "HOLY SHIT!"  And he dropped the rag.  And someone was just staring up at the fire.

"Hey!  Hey you! Call someone!  Don't you people have fire brigades or some shit!?" he hollered to the girl.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »
[OH YAY! xDDD That makes me happy! xD]

Oh! There was a person! She'd been saved!

Yazuri spun around, eyes watery from smoke and fear, and thrust her cell phone into his face so he could see its dead screen. "I tried! I tried calling but my phone's dead and I don't know what to do and no one's coming and--!"

Her voice was high with panic and near hysteria as she grabbed onto his arm, clutching him desperately as she shook him. "Do something! Please! You have a phone, right?! Call the fire department! I don't know the number, just--call someone! Oh gods, I just wanted to make some pasta! I don't know what happened!"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 12:17:06 am »
Her phone was dead, the sky was on fire, and he was supposed to be here on business.  This was just great.  But then again Luca wondered if he could really let this girl's apartment burn down...and the other apartments that were nearby and in the building. He probably could and wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He didn't know her.  There was no real acquaintance here.

Then again if a fire went blazing on, it'd draw attention to him.  People might ask questions about him being in the area.  Not that he minded, but maybe a certain someone might be spooked and go off world on the run once again.  So, odds were helping out was really in Luca's best interest.

Oh and this girl probably didn't want her stuff burn down.

"I do have a phone. But...you don't know the number?  This isn't very helpful.  For either of us."  Hrmm, she said call someone.  "Do you have anything of value in that apartment? Or... oh, nevermind, the question is rather moot anyway.  I'll call information," he said.

The screen on his phone ignited as it started to dial for information, which he hoped the same on this world as it was on Aedolis.  Hopefully luck would be on her side.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:02:48 pm »
"EVERYTHING'S VALUABLE!" Yazuri wailed, wringing her hands in distress and bouncing from foot to foot anxiously. "I have everything in there! I live there! All my dresses and clothes and movies and art and plants and dolls and everything! Everything I own!"

If worst came to worst, the military would rehouse her, of course; this was a military home to begin with. But it was hers And her belongings were sentimental!

Oh, and her cat.

HER CAT!

"My cat!" she suddenly gasped, and grabbed the man's arm in horror. "Oh my gods, my cat's still in there!"

And before she could even think about what she was doing, she ran back toward the smoking home--and darted inside, into the thick black smoke.

In the distance, the wail of sirens could be heard.

Offline Lion

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 03:30:43 pm »
"Hey, what are you-!  HEY! ARE YOU CRAZY!?"  FOR HER CAT!?

HER FUCKING CAT!  THE BUILDING LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GOING TO COLLAPSE!

Before he could stop her, she was gone and Luca cursed.  Oh, this was why he didn't get involved with people! There was always some kid of trouble to be had, and not even the one he purposefully gotten mixed in. He was in too deep. People were watching now, and the authorities would be on their way.  They'd ask questions, wonder why he ran off.

And really, leaving this girl to burn was kind of a dick move.  Not even the good kind.

So he stripped out of his jacket and wrapped the coat around his face before he ran headlong into that burning building. He really was an idiot. If he even made it alive out of this.

The fire was starting to spread when he caught up to her, patting her shoulder and giving her a sleeve of the coat to cover her face.  "What's your cat's name?" he asked, screaming and muffled.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:41 pm »
This was a bad idea. In the back of her mind, Yazuri knew it was a terrible and stupid idea. The smoke was hot and acrid, stinging her eyes and burning her lungs, and within moments she was blind from tears and ash. She coughed, choking, and by the time she realized just how BAD of an idea this was, that she couldn't see or breathe and would certainly be of no help to her cat, much less herself, it was too late. She turned around, blindly trying to feel her way out, but a wave of dizziness swept over her. She found she could hardly tell right from left, much less where she was or where she'd come from and where she needed to go, and all she could see was blurry, dark gray and sparks of orange.

Oh no...

She knew what to do in a fire emergency. She'd done a million fire drills in her life--especially important for a fire mage! But in her panic all those rehearsals flew right out the window. It wasn't the flame that usually killed, but the smoke--and she needed air. Choking on each breath, her lungs on fire, her head spinning, she was about ready to crouch down and pray for air when a hand tapped her shoulder and a cloth covered her face.

A muffled voice came to her, sounding distant not just because his mouth was covered.

The stranger? He'd come after her?

"Bella..." she managed to rasp out even as she slumped against him, a wave of dizziness crashing over her.

Outside her home, amid the rapidly growing crowd, several fire trucks and police cars pulled up. And among the onlookers, a collar lightly jingled as a gray cat wound through the crowd, meowing loudly and anxiously.

Offline Lion

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 01:16:19 pm »
[THE CAT IS ALREADY OUTISDE?!?!?!?! looool]

Luca wrapped the coat around the girl and he moved toward the stairs, wrapping an am around his own nose and mouth. His eyes stung and burned amidst it, although perhaps not as much as her.  Shifting his weight against the wall, Luca took in as much a deep breath as he could and screamed.

"BELLA!" he cried out, although as the wood began to creek and the ceiling threatened to give way, he wasn't going to allow her or himself to be crushed as the whole building was abruptly claimed by fire.  There was a snap above him, and a pipe burst, threatening hot steam between them.  Luca jumped from where he was on the stairs and pulled the girl away from it.

And yanked her back for the door.  "It's no use," he coughed, dragging her out.  "You'll die!  And then where'll you be!?" 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal