Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 33303 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2016, 10:48:53 am »
"...Alright, duly noted. Saving the gummies," Jewel said, and pushed them further away from herself.

"How long of a trip are we looking at? I mean, I'm in no rush. Just, first time flyer and all."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2016, 10:52:25 am »
"Cancer's current orbit position puts it at about..."

Jesse did some rudimentary counting with his fingers, although the way his brow knit indicated much higher math than initially apparent.

"Just under a week's jump from here."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2016, 10:54:41 am »
"Ah! Well, shit, that ain't that bad at all," Jewel said, and put away the last stray items from the box she was unpacking.

"So basically, we get to have a week long slumber party."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2016, 11:08:39 am »
"Hell yeah!" Jesse said, and he finished unpacking right after Jewel. He glanced around, and when he saw that all the boxes were unpacked, he grinned.

"Looks like we're good to go," Jesse said, and he walked past Jewel, motioning for her to follow as he crossed back over into the living area, where two of his three robots, Boulevard and Turnpike, were idling about. Boulevard seemed to be organizing tools, while the spider-like Turnpike seemed to be having trouble processing the presence of one of the new plants.

"Boulevard!" He called out, and the thin, humanoid robot turned its head and beeped attentively.

"Set course for Cancer."

The robot beeped again and walked into the cockpit, closing the door behind it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2016, 11:42:12 am »
"So, a whole week, huh?" Jewel said as she flopped down onto the couch and stretched out, arms folded behind her head.

"Whatcha do to pass that kinda time, eh? Eat special brownies and surf SenseNet?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
Jesse chuckled and flopped down on the couch next to her, stretching out. It was a bit weathered, and the only real piece of real "furniture" in the living area, save for the high-backed stools by the table. The rest was taken up by work tools, which made sense, since Jesse did most of his relaxing up in his room, anyways.

He put his arms up, which meant one of those would go around Jewel's shoulders without actually touching her.

"Pretty much," Jesse said, and he looked to Jewel, giving her a smile. He glanced back to Turnpike.

"Turnpike, get me my SenseNet ball, wouldja?"

The spider robot chirped and clambered into the elevator, activating it.

He looked back to Jewel.

"I got this old SenseNet ball I got all the way from Cancer. Doesn't actually connect you to any SenseNet places, but it's got free-form code and protocols. You ever see that old movie, where the guy was in this virtual world, and this other guy took him to this blank white room and it was like a training simulation?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #486 on: September 19, 2016, 10:52:11 am »
"Pffft, who hasn't seen that movie? I always thought it was kinda silly, but it's actually a thing?"

Jewel gave him a quizzical look. "So is that what that ball whatchamacallit is? Like you can't really go to any SenseNet places 'cause we've got no connection, but you can train in this separate thingy?" She made a face.

"...Man. I sound real technologically challenged, don't I?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #487 on: September 21, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »
He laughed.

"Oh, I've got connection," Jesse said, and he grinned.

"I just think it's good to get acquainted with what it's like before you hit the real thing. Make less of an ass of yourself that way."

He rested his head against the couch. Boulevard came back from the cockpit, and the ship lurched forwards slightly before the momentum compensators came online and it started sailing as smooth as a ship could sail.

"We've entered Hyperspeed," Jesse said, and his eyes focused on Boulevard. He made a smoking motion with his fingers, and the robot beeped before going to stand in front of the elevator. Right as it did so, it opened, and Turnpike clacked out, holding a fist-sized metal ball with the only break in its surface being a small panel.It came and deposited it onto the table, before chirping pleasantly and wandering off.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2017, 08:03:04 pm »
Jewel leaned forward to peer quizzically at the orb, eyebrow cocked. "What's that?" she asked, waving a hand at it. "That the SenseNet ball?"

She poked at it curiously, making it wobble on the table.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2017, 09:07:49 pm »
"That it is," Jesse said, and he watched her poke at it quite curiously. He opened a compartment on the side and took out two cables, a red one, and a blue one. Gripping them both in one hand, he motioned towards himself.

"Here, I'll set you up. You ready?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #490 on: June 19, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »
"Not to be cliche, but I was born ready," Jewel said with a grin, though she honestly wasn't sure. She had no idea what to expect, had never done anything like this before. "Let's do this!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #491 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:40 pm »
"Alright, hot shot," Jesse said, and he put a hand on her head to hold her steady.

"Here it comes."

Without much ceremony, he plugged it into the newly installed slot on her neck. There was a click as it locked into place painlessly, and he plugged the other end into the ball, which had a slot that was circled in blue. However, she didn't immediately slip out of consciousness. Jesse took the time to plug himself in and switched it on. He let himself sag into the couch. He shot her a look, and motioned to himself.

"It's gonna turn on in a little bit, so get yourself comfortable."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #492 on: November 01, 2017, 02:44:50 pm »
It was such a strange sensation, getting something plugged into her neck. Jewel winced reflexively, even though it didn't hurt, and when Jesse motioned for her to get comfortable, she settled down onto the couch next to him. Curiously, she touched the plug, and grimaced. That was...so weird. Kind of gross, too, if she thought about it too deeply.

"I forgot to ask about how the heck we clean these things," she remarked as she got comfortable, turning sideways on the couch to lean against its arm while throwing her legs over Jesse's. "Like, to make sure it doesn't get clogged with dead skin gunk or anything. Ew."

She gave a final stretch before she let herself relax. "Any last things I should know?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:06 am »
Jesse let his arms rest on her legs, shooting her a look. He looked thoughtful for a bit, before he let his head rest back on the couch. He grinned, and found her eyes with his own when he turned to look at her.

"Nothing else. Just relax and enjoy the ride in."

He sagged more into the couch and closed his eyes. His breath evened out as he relaxed.

And sure enough, just a mere few seconds after his words, the connection finished, and she'd start to feel a little drowsy. Not the sudden drowsiness of a sedative, but more of a pleasant sleepiness that would just gently nudge her towards unconsciousness. When she closed her eyes, it'd be nothing but black for a few moments, just like having her eyes closed in real life. Then, white would creep in at the edges and consume her vision.

Pieces of visualized data floated around her, looking like loose bits of matter. it'd probably be around that time that she was aware of her body, and that she was floating like she was in zero gravity!

A human-shaped outline slowly materialized in front of her, and then the outline gave way and formed into Jesse. It was like they were floating in some kind of ethereal nothingness. A completely blank slate.

"So, what do you think so far?" Jesse said, and he shot her his classic grin. He raised his right arm and a screen appeared in front of him, projecting from his fingers.

"I know it ain't much to look at just this moment, but once I start putting in some settings and programs, well..."

He chuckled and looked up to her from the menu.

"Sky's the limit. How're you feeling?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:41:02 pm by Daglobster »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #494 on: August 27, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »
"Uhh..." Jewel looked slowly up from where she had been staring at her feet and the vast nothingness beyond, to Jesse, her eyes wide. "Feeling good. Feeling pretty good. Just. Whoa."

She stretched her arms out and rotated her wrists and fingers, testing out her digitalized body. It was so bright in here, so white, and the nothingness was kind of unsettling yet also kind of...cool? In a weird way? Maybe she was just way too high, but was this what death felt like? Yeah. No. That was way too downer. No existentialist crises, now was not the time!

"This is crazy. This feels...real. Like, if I pinch you, will you feel it?" And before he could answer, she reached out and did just that.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2019, 09:51:35 am »
“Yeah, you feel pretty much everyth-HEY!” He cut off suddenly, shrugging his arm away when she pinched him and smiled after. He was distracted with his efforts to calibrate the rules for their digital world, and thus she’d caught him completely off guard. His eyes narrowed, and he got a mischievous look on his face.

“Sure you can, let me show you!” he said and shot his hand out to pinch a nice handful of her side and leaned away to protect himself from any retaliation.

“Feels real, don’t it?” He laughed, and then returned to his digital display. A wooden floor materialized beneath them and he gently cranked up the gravity for himself so he set down.

“Turnin’ your gravity on, so be mindful,” he said, and then put in the command. As she lowered, Jesse put in his favorite start-up room and from the ground up a cozy, woodsy-looking log cabin materialized around them out of data, complete with forest sounds coming from outside and the pleasant smells of springtime.

“Welcome to my favorite hub program,” he said, motioning about. It had all the modern comforts that could be found on any starliner mixed with a certain rustic charm.

“There’s pre-made ones, some people program their own. Think of it as a really fancy start-up menu that you can also crash in if you’re feeling beat,” he said, and he leaned against the wall.

“Which you will be, after I string you up in our Thrash Bros. rematch.”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal