Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Busywork! [Hecate!]  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Busywork! [Hecate!]
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:57:35 pm »
So, one of his assignments for the day was something Dakota couldn't really think of as anything other than busywork, to keep him occupied and working since none of the Pilots had any use for him until later that day, when he would be helping to teach a class. But while "busywork" often carried a negative connotation, he wasn't actually bothered by this! Because this assignment had him back at the ATC, which made it pretty convenient, because it meant he could say hello to old friends and just hang around his old haunt.

That, and it was a pretty cute assignment, anyway. Help orient a new candidate until her mentor, who was currently on a mission she would be returning from later that day, could meet up with her? Aw yis. That was something he could do! New candidates were always adorable. Usually terrified, but adorable nonetheless! Hopefully he could help with that.

He had been given her number, as like all candidates she was given a special cellphone, and so he fired off a quick text to her to remind her of the meeting, just in case. New candidates always had so much on their minds, it was an easy mistake to make!

Dakota
10:23am

Hey there, Seranë! This is Dakota. Just a reminder about our meeting at 10:30! Meet me in front of the cafeteria, okay? I'm already there! I'm the guy with the red hair. You can't miss me!

Okay, maybe not the best identifying feature, but there weren't any other red-heads around that he could see, so it worked! Not many other identifying features he could use, really; he was currently in his drab Stage 5 uniform. Gods, would it feel great when he could permanently leave that fashion disaster behind!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Hecate

Re: Busywork! [Hecate!]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16:48 pm »
Seranë grumbled lightly as she stirred on her bunk, hair in sticking up at odd angels and tangled, half of it matted to the side of her head.  Her hand groped sluggishly for the irritating beeping device that was her phone, finding it after the second try.  She pulled it towards her, opening it as she did.  It took her a few fumbles before she managed to open the text and read it.

She frowned.  Dakota?  Who the hell was—

Her eyes snapped open then and she bolted up and out of the cot, sheets nearly tangling her digitigrade legs as she did.  Her paws touched the floor and she bolted for the showers.

It was 10:35 when she skidded to a stop in front of the cafeteria, hair done up in a slightly messy ponytail and wearing the first thing she'd been able to pull from the closet that hadn't smelled strange.  Her eyes scanned the faces - more importantly the hair above them - looking for the supposedly unmissable red haired Dakota.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:25:28 am »
As it turned out, it was easier for him to find her than the opposite!

While Dakota had no idea what his temporary student looked like, one couldn't miss the tiny, deer-eared, long-tailed, dog-pawed girl that came skidding frantically into the cafeteria--Dakota checked his cell phone--five minutes after the appointed time. Yup. Had to be her. She had those tell-tale "oh shit!" vibes all over the place and apart from that? She was a candidate he hadn't seen before.

Pushing off from the table he'd been leaning against, Dakota waved an arm over his head to catch her attention. "Seranë! Seranë? Jeez, I hope I'm saying that right! I think that's how you say that 'E' but if I'm totally slaughtering it just let me know! I also hope you're her! I'm Dakota, by the way! And also you're late."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Hecate

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:03 pm »
There was a brief shining moment of hope before the new candidate caught the waving arm and heard her name called.  She trotted over, cringing at Dakota's last comment.  "Yea, I know - sorry!  I got a bit lost, I'm still pretty new around here."  She tried a smile, trying to look as innocent and respectful as she could.  Dakota didn't need to know that she'd stayed up late reading some trashy novel.  Her tail flicked back and forth anxiously.

Still, she hardly liked having to bow and scrape like this - even if it was in her best interest.  She hated not knowing the ropes.  She shrugged at his comment about her name.  "Yea, it's fine that way.  You got the right girl, by the way."  Her eyes were drawn around the room, taking stock like someone who used to depend on knowing escape routes for survival.  "So. . .what are we supposed to be doing today?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:02:47 am »
Oh man, she was adorable. Look at that tail! Dakota found his eyes drawn to it, watching it flick back and forth--and when he realized he had been staring at it for long enough to make things awkward, he jerked his eyes up and back to her face.

"Right! No worries! Like you said, you're a gracie," he said with a wink. "So it's not like anyone expects you to get it right the first time. Actually, that's my job here today!"

Rocking on his heels, hands clasped behind his back, Dakota flashed her a smile, one he hoped was disarming. Because her eyes were searching the room like she was prepared to flee, and it sure wasn't the first time he'd seen that look in a candidate's eyes. With any luck, he'd be able to put her at ease.

"So basically, you and me, we're just gonna go on a field trip! Exciting, right? Just a little field trip around the ATC. That should help you with the whole 'not getting lost and being late' thing," he said with a teasing grin. "Basically, I'm just gonna entertain you until your mentor-to-be gets back from her mission! Sound cool?"

Hecate

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 07:15:58 pm »
Seranë blinked a bit in surprise at that but chuckled a moment later.  “Yea, sure – good to know I’m not in trouble.” Her tail swayed and her claws tapped lightly against the floor; she was still a bit nervous and she ran a hand through her hair.  “And I’d be super grateful if you’d show me how to not get lost around here.”

Still, at the mention of her mentor-to-be, she bit her lip.  “Hey – what’s my mentor like?” she asked, uncertain.

((Sorry for the crappy post, but hey - at least it'll get it moving again!  ^^;;  Better posts will come, I promise!))

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »
"Oh! Pilot Fabel?" Dakota said, still smiling.

"You're real lucky, actually! Pilot Fabel's pretty darned chill. She's tough, but she's fair, and she's not like...mean or anything, if that's what you're worried about. I know there's a lot of like urban legends and rumors and whatnot about Pilots, and I know the older candidates really dig scaring the greenies, but yeah! Don't worry. You're in good hands. From what I hear, most of her candidates make the cut, and she's been known to take on tough candidates that other people didn't know how to handle."

Dakota looked at her suddenly and laughed. "Not that you're a problem candidate or anything! Not at all! At least, there was nothing in your file about that. Oh yeah! Also, she teaches Aedolian history here, so you'll be seeing her a lot. Also, she's pretty hot. Not that that's important, but..."

He gave her a wink.

Hecate

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:14:13 pm »
Not that Seranë would willingly admit it aloud, but Fabel wasn't the only one around who was attractive - Dakota's boyish looks had certainly caught her attention and combined with the wink had her face turning the shake of his hair.  She swallowed and shook her head, trying not to act like some ridiculous newbie - even if she was one.

"They haven't managed to scare me yet," he snorted, her customary smirk a bit less confident than usual in light of the wink and the cute boy.  Her tail flicked once, hard, and she gave a small, determined nod.  "Let 'em try all they want."  She puffed up her chest a bit.  She wasn't about to let Dakota think she was just some hapless dullwitted girl.  "I spent quite a few years on the lowest level.  I can take care of myself."

Slowly, she seemed to be warming up, settling into her usual cocky attitude and thus she relaxed, tail still held a bit high in the way of a confident cat. 

Hecate

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:28 am »
((Poke?))

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:36 pm »
"The Lower Level, huh? That where you're from?" Dakota asked, eyebrows raised. "Wow, I never would have guessed! You don't look--oh, er, I'm sorry, I don't mean to stereotype. I just mean Lower Level people have to be pretty tough to get by, I hear, so you must be tougher than  you look! Not that you don't look tough, of course.

"Me, I'm a Middle Level person. Not that any of that matters here, mind you. Here, class doesn't matter. It's all about merit. Mostly."

In theory. In practice, candidates were well known to haze each other if they knew what Level they were from. It took a long time for them to lose their old prejudices--and some never lost them completely, and carried them into Pilot-hood.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal