TEINAR > Wastelands

Well, FML. [Namrul!]

(1/6) > >>

Rhi-Rhi:
With a growl, Soli slammed his fist against the navigation panel of his cruiser and raked his hands through braided hair. Seriously, what kind of ironic bullshit was that, that a flippin' mechanic got stranded because he'd misjudged both fuel and distance? The really embarrassing kind, that's what. There was no way the crew back home could know. Ever. So there was no way he was sending out a distress signal. He wasn't under distress, anyway! Just annoyed! Yeah! Nothing to worry about out here, just...him.

And a lot of dirt.

Yep.

Miles and miles of toxic dirt.

Good thing he kept a mask on board, because with the kind of work he did back on the Vermillion Grief, well shit, you never knew when someone would start tossing around the tear gas and worse. Thank you, foresight! He never could have guessed he'd need it because he'd be stuck out in the wastelands of Earth.

Fishing out the mask, Soli put it on, adjusted the straps, and quickly packed a backpack with a few necessities: water, freeze-dried meals, change of clothes, extra bullets, and a knife. According to his calculations, he wasn't too far from Aurora.

Once everything was taken care of, Soli holstered his gun, shouldered his pack, and headed out of his cruiser and into the wastes.

This was going to be a long fucking walk.

He really wished he had someone to bitch about it to, but he supposed he'd just have to make do with himself.

Namrul Reil:
Turlach needed a place to take a break, his power suit was started to eat away a bit too much energy. He had just returned from a small venture into a radiation den. Nasty things in there, but the creatures always leave the clothing and gear of their prey on the ground. A few guns and scrap here and there are always quick sellers.

The beeper in his head started going off. The suit has reached it's limit and has to cool. He quickly shut off the power going to his jets... not his best idea. The moment those jets went off, he went into the ground. Thankfully, he never hovers more than 4-5 feet off the ground, but he was going pretty fast.. So it was more of a rug burn than a crash.

A little dazed, a little confused, mostly pained. He just laid on his back, and made a quiet resolution to not do that again...ever.

Turlach sat up, he knew where he was.. relatively speaking.. but he needed to time recharge. He took off his lab coat and strung it up on a couple random sticks making a crappy lean to.

He laid back down, this time under the cover of his coat. Just lying here until the suit's ready, then off again. He turned his head to the open side of his little tent and saw something, a person? Out here? That was something new, didn't look like a scav. Must be off planet.. or something.

Lifting himself off the ground he turned and waved to the figure, "Hello! Care for some idle conversation in this blasphemous waste of land?"

Rhi-Rhi:
...And whoever said the gods didn't provide?

Soli jumped at the voice and swung around to look, soon spotting the figure who...was just sort of chilling on the ground, in his odd suit. A suit that was probably better suited to the elements than what Soli was wearing, which was all of sneakers, jeans, and a button up shirt. He raised both eyebrows. That was about the last thing he expected to find out here, a dude just laying around in the dirt, covered by a lab coat.

Well. Whatever made him happy!

Soli lifted a hand and waved. "Uh, yeah! Sure!" he said, and started toward him. "In fact, here's a conversation starter for you--you wouldn't happen to know any conveniently close stations where I can fuel up, would you? Because that would make my day."

It was doubtful, but it couldn't hurt!

Namrul Reil:
Very, very doubtful.

"Uhm, no," Turlach stopped a moment to think, "Well, unless some sort of trader happens to be crossing the path. Even then it's still pretty rare for them to have fuel." Turlach yoinked the coat off the sticks and pulled it back on.

Turlach clambered off the ground and stood parallel to Soli. He reached his hand out for a hand shake, "I'm Turlach: Treasure Hunter and Scientist Extraordinaire." A small red LED light on his chest started beeping; a female robotic voice emanated out of his suit, Power level at 10%.

He let out a sigh, "Well, looks like I still have a long wait ahead of me. Mind if I walk with you? It would be nicer than the ground." His stomach growled, "And you wouldn't have any food would you?"

Rhi-Rhi:
Soli's shoulders slouched and he heaved a great sigh. Of course he wouldn't have any fuel. Of course this random stranger couldn't be useful.

And now he was trying to mooch off him!

He gave the man's hand a quick shake and released him, dusting his palm off on his shirt.

"Food, huh?" Soli's mind flicked to freeze-dried meals tucked away in his pack, and he flashed a sheepish smile and shook his head. "Nope, but that'd be pretty awesome if I did, right? Too bad I was expecting to be, you know, around a city or something by now, not stuck out here in some toxic toilet."

He gave a disgusted look around the place and shuddered. "Anyway, I'm Soli, and I guess you can tag along if you insist. Since I obviously know my way around this place I've never been before in my life and that can't be a bad idea at all. Say, what's with the girl, anyway? That suit fit two or something?"

He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version