Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Filling the Ranks (Iskveda & Pancake)  (Read 953 times)

Etrofder

Filling the Ranks (Iskveda & Pancake)
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:17:55 pm »
"Keep in touch." Orias told Velura, sliding his wallet in his front pocket, always a little more wary on Cancer. "Don't forget to pick up those converters."

"Gotcha boss. I'll be back in an hour or so." She waved over her shoulder, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

Orias watched her leave for a moment, then turned to look at Luce. "Why don't you come with me today? We can pick you up some supplies. I know our med bay isn't really up to snuff just yet."

He planned on heading down to the market sector, pick up some good food and supplies, and check to see if anyone had left a message for him. He'd set up a help wanted posting the last time he was on station, and was eager to finally get the crew filled out again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Pancake

Re: Filling the Ranks (Iskveda & Pancake)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:55:53 am »
"Sure," Luce shrugged lightly, though she was still planning on sticking close to Captain... because this was a brand new place and a little bit intimidating, too. "I don't think there's that much it needs. I'm not a surgeon or anything, and stuff like checkups can be taken care of on the stations."

Etrofder

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:22 am »
"Well, keep your eyes open anyway, and let me know if you do think of something. Deep space isn't where you want to be when you find out you're out of... well... anything." Orias said as they made their way out of the hangar, hopping on an elevator down to the main markets.

"Keep an eye on your wallet." He advised as the door opened, and they stepped onto the market floor. "Cancer can be a little... lawless from time to time." In truth, he realized you couldn't get much more different from Libra than Cancer station, and it could be a little overwhelming for someone who didn't know what to expect.

Pancake

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 02:54:14 pm »
"Lawless... Oh dear."
Luce took a half a step closer to the Captain, nervousness making itself apparent, and she tightened her hold on her bag. Blood and the like didn't scare her, but the prospect of danger certainly did... too bad that was the price to pay for adventure, she figured. Not especially much could be done about it, right?

Etrofder

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »
Orias pushed his way past a couple who were trying to cut a deal with a sleazy looking salesman. "You'll be all right." He gave Luce a smile. "People know me around here. They won't mess with us... Probably." He added as an afterthought under his breath.

He stopped at the terminal on one wall of the market square, punching in a few numbers. "Hey, looks like someone's actually interested." He downloaded the info, then left a message for the applicant, leaving the hangar number.

"Again, if there's anything you need, just ask."

Iskveda

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »
Meanwhile, elsewhere on Cancer... A large man with an equally large bag over his shoulder was approaching a public data terminal, with all the other people nearby shuffling away from him, not wanting to get in his way. His broad arms and tattoos, he obviously had to be a ganger, and nobody wanted anything to do with him.

He activated the terminal, somewhat awkwardly trying to type with his large fingers, but he managed well enough. The man was Ryder Price... And he'd gotten a response to his application. The Starship Fohen? He'd never heard of it before... But. Captain seemed reputable. Sent the berth it was at and everything.

He grunted and smirked before logging off, and walking away. He had a ship to catch, after all. He headed towards the docks, muttering under his breath: "Goodbye, Cancer Station. And good riddance." He half considered flipping the station the bird, but that would have been a wasted gesture. Luckily, he carried everything he owned with him, since he had no real home on the Station. And coincidentally... His path went through the markets.

Etrofder

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 11:28:39 am »
Watching carefully as the man counted out and returned his change, Orias accepted the bundle of spare parts, checking quickly to make sure everything he'd paid for was there. Satisfied that it was, he motioned for Luce to follow him back to the elevators.

"Velura's probably waiting for us. Hopefully she's gotten some of the cargo loaded up by the time we get back." He checked the downloaded message again. "Expecting a Ryder Price. Sounds competent, but we'll see."

Iskveda

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 08:19:47 pm »
Ryder arched an eyebrow as he walked towards one of the elevators towards the docks. Someone had said his name. He looked over his shoulder to see two people nearby, one somewhat frail looking girl, and a brown-haired man. He stopped, and turned to face them, after he figured out they were the source.

"Excuse me. Do I know you?"

Etrofder

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »
Orias stopped in surprise as the man in front of them turned to address them. He was a tough looking guy, almost as tall as the captain himself, but with quite a bit more muscle. It took him moment to collect himself. He was pretty sure he'd never met this fellow. Be hard to forget a guy built like him. But he felt it prudent to be polite.

"You might. I'm come and go quite a lot from this station, and meet plenty of people. Captain Orias Forte, of the private transport ship Fohen." He extended a hand, giving the stranger a smile.

Iskveda

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »
...Huh. How ironic. "Hah. Weird how shit works out..." He smirked, and responded by grabbing Orias' hand with one of his massive ones. "Nope, don't know you at all. But, going to be gettin' to know you fairly shortly, I figure. What with you being my new boss and all." He chuckled, shaking the hand firmly, but being sure not to crush it. "Name's Ryder Price, at ya service."

Etrofder

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »
"So you're Price?" Orias returned the handshake. "It's good meeting you. We actually just finished up here, and were planning on heading back to the ship now." He thumbed the elevator open. "Why don't you come on down with us, and we can give you the tour and you can show us what you can do."

Iskveda

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »
"Sure thing, I was headed that way myself." He nodded, and walked into the elevator himself. He then cracked a grin, having realized something. "I figure you guys probably have some cargo to load, since you were comin' from the markets. Good an opportunity as any for me to show you what I can do." By his reckoning, so long as they had the machine, it was time to put that cargo-loader experience to good use.

Etrofder

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:19:56 pm »
"We've got a bit for you to do, but that can wait until we get you squared away." Orias punched in the hangar number and the elevator took them away quickly. "Most captains would probably ask if you had some specific training, but Fohen... She's a little special. Built her myself. So long as you've got rudimentary knowledge and aren't a complete numbskull, you shouldn't have much trouble learning her ins and outs."

The door chimed open on the hangar floor. "Here she is."

Fohen sat, powered down, on her landing struts. A tall woman with dark skin was hanging from a harness, working on fixing some superficial damage caused by a light meteoroid storm. Upon seeing them enter, she powered down the welding torch in her hand and placed it between her teeth, sliding down to meet them.

"Everything's looking good, boss." she said as she let down her hair from its bun, letting it hang low. "Who's the... Uh..."

"Fine gentleman with me?" Orias supplied, giving her a warning look. "This is Ryder Price. Odds are he's our newest crew mate."

"I was going to say thug, but your way does sound a lot more diplomatic." she grinned, extending a hand as she looked him over appreciatively. She never said being a thug was a bad thing. "Velura Aryen."

Pancake

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »
The entire time, Luce had been silent. She'd only rarely seen men that muscular before, and seeing one so close was more than a little intimidating. If he had been a patient or something, of course Luce would have been much more at home, doing what she did best -- healing. But no, there was movement in this man, and he needed no care at the moment...

So, she was decidedly on the opposite side of Orias. Just in case, because while her faith in the people of Libra was strong, Cancer station was entirely different, and the stroll to pick up some medical supplies and the like was also more than a little intimidating.

As Velura extended her hand, Luce merely looked at her feet. Yes, she would have quite a lot of 'growing up' to do.

Iskveda

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 04:51:36 pm »
Ryder had to stifle a whistle at the captain's statement. Built that whole ship himself? Pretty impressive for just one person, though likely he didn't do it entirely on his own power. He'd keep in mind about getting settled in, but, that would come in time. Then there was the other crewman who seemed to be judging him by his cover. Ah well.

He faked looking aggravated, and stalked up to Velura... Before mellowing out and taking her hand. "Ryder Price. Hardly the first time I've been called a thug." He chuckled at that, figuring it to be mostly in good fun. But, there was someone else who had been there for some time... Hadn't said a word. He looked to her, and held a hand out. "And who are you, little lady?"

Etrofder

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 06:08:50 pm »
"Charmed." Velura smiled, sliding her tool belt off and setting it on a nearby workbench, trying to comfortable if there was to be any sort of lengthy interview process.

Orias looked to Luce. He could tell just how nervous she was. "This is Luce. She's a bit out of her element." He explained. "Don't worry. I know the station's a bit rough compared to Libra, but Price here seems like a good fella."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal