JOINING AND PLOTTING > Plotting Center

Open Threads

(1/7) > >>

Rhi-Rhi:
OPEN THREADSWhether you're new and just not sure where to start, just wanna meet some new people, or are itching for some spontaneity, open threads are perfect for all of that. They're a great way to throw caution to the wind, be adventurous, and just write and see what happens.

If you've created an open thread, feel free to use this thread to pimp it out! Just fill out the small form and reply to this thread!  Feel free to post your open thread as many times as you like, but wait at least a week before posting the same one again.

Open threads are awesome, so do take advantage of 'em!

The code:

--- Code: ---[list][*][url=http://thread_URL_goes_here.net]Thread Title![/url]
[*][b]Character:[/b] The character(s) present in the opening post!
[*][b]Location:[/b] Where the threads takes place (Serendipity, Adela, Connlaoth, etc.)
[*][b]Description:[/b] A brief little summary of the thread.[/list]
--- End code ---

Helpful Tips

* When creating an open thread, make sure that the time of day and setting is clear. That makes it easier for other players to reply, as some may not be comfortable replying to a thread where those details are vague.
* Clearly label your thread as open in the title!
* Make sure your character is doing something that would make other characters interested in approaching them! Having your character go sit in the corner of a tavern can make it awkward for other characters to respond.  Do something that encourages interaction. Have your character stir up trouble, spill ale on someone, get chased by bees, rouse up a mob, make a fool of themselves in public. Anything that will draw attention to them!
* When replying to an open thread, make sure to actually interact with the other character(s).
* The more public the setting of your open thread, the higher the chance of a reply. It's easier for more players to think up a reason why their character is also in the town square with your character than to come up with a reason why their character is also deep in an underground catacomb.
Remember: on RotE, "open" means that the thread is open to anyone joining in at any time, no matter how many pages long that thread is. If you no longer wish for anyone else to join in your open thread, be sure to mark it as closed/private. :3 For anyone joining one of the longer open threads, be sure to read through it and understand what's going on before you hop in!

Anonymous:

* Girls' Night Out!
* Started by: Quills
* Description: Gauri and Taras go out clubbing, get a little rowdy and generally make a spectacle of themselves. And then: poledancing! 8D
((Also you might wanna edit the code box so it doesn't look like you copypasted from SotE XD Don't worry, I won't tell!))

Rhi-Rhi:
Updated!

Tally:
Updated with this one.

* I'd Rather Be Working
* Started by: Tal
* Description: Military doctor out having some fun against his will.

Aria:
Errr. Nevermind. I decided to take the thread down due to me being an idiot. =A=' I think I may put it up in the future. But er.. yeah. Could you please remove this, any admin who happen to see first? Pretty please? ;A;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version