Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sam. Limits. Slamimits.  (Read 492 times)

Anonymous

Sam. Limits. Slamimits.
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:49:24 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm a big believer in being reasonable and realistic.  As a basis, just assume I don't want the physical laws of the universe, or of probability according to our characters, broken.

Will do:  

Anything that makes sense.  Take a character by surprise, knock him over, whatever you like.  Just give me space to respond plausibly, too.  I'll extend the same courtesy.

Won't do:

Anything that doesn't make sense.  Don't knock my character over, make a speech, then pick him up, spin him around, and toss him into orbit, as amusing as that might be to consider.

Ask me first:

Ask me about major damage or death-strikes.  Oh, and if you're into this as well, I sometimes like to plan fights over IM and then write it all together in a mush.   If we've agreed via IM or PM or whatever, feel free to narrate my characters' actions all you like.

How far can character injuries go?

Will do:

Pretty much anything plausible, though if it's something serious, it's nice if you leave me the option of deciding whether the strike has landed.  I'm not prudish about taking damage, though.  If your character is skilled, I'll recognize that.

Won't do:

Death or obviously fatal injury if you haven't asked me first.

Ask me first:

If we've spoken a little beforehand (in fact, if we're acquainted as RP buddies, you needn't ask me specifically about this), I'll get more flexible.  Punches that connect are a-ok.  Stabbing's even OK, in non-vital areas.  Severed limbs?  Well, I suppose if it happened to come up, sure.  You can also go for an eye or an ear with impunity.    

How far can torture go?

Will do:

Anything more creative than some silly excuse for S&M or something, ya know?  Focus on the psychological; if it's rational as a method of torture, I'll go for anything.  I mean, whatever seems like a good torture method.

Won't do:

Torture that's somehow meant to titillate (the players) in a stupid way.  

Ask me first:

If it involves a lot of blood or serious damage, ask me first, and for a very practical reason: my character may just pass out--which gets boring.  If it's very complicated, ask me first so I can think about how it'd work.  Again, if we've got a good RP relationship, I'll trust you more, and I'll always let you know politely when and if you've crossed a line.

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do:  

Please always ask permission before killing off a character, even if you bring them back with CPR or equivalent soon after.

Won't do:

Death without permission.

Ask me first:

... before you kill my character.  Always.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?

Will do:

Vampires and werewolves?  Eh... ask me first, please.  I don't really like vampires or werewolves.

Won't do:

See above.

Ask me first:

Yep.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do:  

If my character's unconscious, heal away.  Just be reasonable.  I like a recovery period; it's more realistic.

Won't do:

Instant, total healing of major injuries--at least without a good reason.

Ask me first:

Ask me before healing major injuries (loss of an eye, other maiming--things that might have permanent consequences; I sometimes like those).  As for minor injuries, tell you what: if my character asks to be healed IC, your character can knock him- or herself out trying to fix him.  Then again, it's always fun not to be able to meet the character's demands... it's up to you.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do:

Innuendo, as much as anyone likes, groping, as much of a kiss as you can get in before my character has the chance to react.  Sexual violence is okay if realistic to situation, just give me a little warning, same as is the case with general violence.

Won't do:

I'm just not in the mood for playing out smut, at the moment.  If the relationship or mood of the thread seems right, I don't mind sex.  However, it's unlikely I'll wind up in a situation where sex is logical, at least not for ages (there's so much other stuff to RP), so I won't worry about it.  Besides, if our characters know each other well enough for sex, I'm assuming we'll have worked things out OOC along the way.  :P

Ask me first:

About rape.  About explicit sex.  It's not that I won't play these things out--I just like some warning.  

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC

Liv:  About telepathy: the one thing he's good at is blocking people out, so while you can catch everyday thoughts, ask me before uncovering something big.  But his everyday, rambling silly thoughts are fair game.  He doesn't block them.

Sage:  Candidate!  Have your way with him.  Anything goes, up to and including death.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal