Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Seeing Pink and Rainbow (Rhiannononon!)  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Nix

Seeing Pink and Rainbow (Rhiannononon!)
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:36 am »
It was another day of using his second hand communicator and hanging around local hot spots of the Cancer, trying to find a job. It was hard! He was running out of money too... if he didn't find a job soon well, he didn't know what to do...

The only upside to living as a slave his whole life was that food and shelter were never something he had to worry about providing himself with. His masters controlled that. If they wanted to give him a bed and food, he had it. If they didn't, well it wasn't something he could control or change.

Job hunting was harder than he thought too... maybe because he wasn't assertive enough.... backed off if he saw others had responded to ads already, never could work up the courage to walk up to those he over heard talking about needing crew. He had to change, he knew that. He wasn't a slave anymore. He could do what he wanted now- anything... but he didn't even know what he wanted to do... not without anyone to tell him.

He sat in a bar- at the bar, with the scotch he ordered. The old man, his last master, used to drink scotch every night, but he had never tried it. Actually, he had only ever drank beer and wine, but not often... only when various masters had made him. He put his hand around the glass but had yet to lift it to his mouth. He had spent a pretty penny on the drink and he intended to drink it but... well, he was kind of nervous about it. The bartender kept looking at him too. Was it that strange that a big muscular guy with pink hair was sitting at the bar for a half hour without taking so much as a sip of his drink?

He stared into the scotch, feeling useless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Seeing Pink and Rainbow (Rhiannononon!)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »
After a long day spent doing actual work, striking deals and following up with connections, Ari hit the bar to wind down. He'd only been to this particular one a couple times, but it was on the way and he liked switching things up now and then, seeing new faces in place of the usual regulars. Routine was boring, and he'd have plenty of time out in space to go crazy from it.

This place didn't look that busy, just a couple people in there. None of them really stood out, either, except for one--Pinky up at the bar. A big buff dude, too, judging by what he could see from the back.

Well, damn. What could he say? He admired a masculine dude that could own his colors!

Striding up to the bar, he slapped down some bills and took a seat, ordering a beer. Nothing fancy, nothing too strong. This wasn't a "get wasted and wake up in a strange bed" day--at least, not yet, but plans often changed.

"For someone so bright, ya look awfully morose."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:41 am »
It took Nike a minute to realize the colorfully haired man was talking to him and his hand quickly fell from his glass to his lap as he looked up at the other with a mix of panic and regret, like he had been chastised and was about to be punished. "I-I'm sorry."

Damn. The words were automatic and he blushed before looking away. He didn't have to apologize. He could look morose if he wanted to... no one could tell him what to do here. He kept telling himself that trying to make it sink in before grabbing his glass again but still not drinking any. "You're kind of bright too you know..."

Great come back.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »
Ari lifted one white eyebrow and glanced down at his own arms, covered completely in colorful ink. And not to mention his white hair that was streaked with an entire palette of color. "Yeah, that's sorta the point. I'd go with very as opposed to kind of, myself."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:51 pm »
Nike found himself chuckling at the other man's response. He hadn't met other guys that were so colorful... let alone ones that chose to be. Nike had never really chose anything. Well except coming to the Cancer, and sitting in this bar, with this scotch. "I'm sorry... very colorful." Nike looked up at the mostly white haired guy and he looked familiar.

Nikephoros had always been good at remembering faces, even if he couldn't place them right away. Lost in thought and looking at the different piercings and tattoos on the other he took a sip of the scotch, and almost immediately started coughing due to the firewater. He blushed feeling embarrassed at his inability to handle the strong alcohol.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 02:00:10 pm »
It was kind of funny, watching some big, burly dude choke down his liquor. Clearly, he only looked the part. "Careful there, champ. Ya ever considered somethin'...milder?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »
It took a few more moments for Nikephoros to stop coughing. He couldn't help but blush from embarrassment, tears stinging the corners of his eyes from the burn in his throat. He lowered his gaze, too shy to look at the other man as his words washed over him.

"...yeah. I just wanted to try something stronger for a change..." He really had no reason to explain himself to the stranger, but he couldn't help but try and justify it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:12:20 am »
"Aaah," Ari said with a knowing smile. He clapped the big man on the back.

"It's an image thing, eh? Wanna act the part ya look, a big bear that can chew nails and drink liquor straight? Well, I'd suggest startin' with the baby drinks and buildin' up your tolerance, mate. Ya might feel silly sippin' on a daiquiri with those big mitts of yours, but anyone gives ya gruff and ya can just glare 'em down and dare 'em to say shit. Besides..."

He gave him another conciliatory pat. "It looks less ridiculous than hackin' up a lung tryin' to look tough."

Offline Nix

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 01:22:42 pm »
Looking the part? No. That wasn't it. "My mast- my old man used to drink scotch." It was silly to even bother with lying about it. After all he had slave brands and markings on his arms and even though they were covered the target mark on his face was a dead give away that he used to be a slave to anyone who knew anything about the market. "I just wanted to try it."

He seemed to shrink a bit under those pats, even if they were meant to be reassuring. "I know I'm not as tough as I look." He took another sip of the liquor, only coughing a little this time.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:27 pm »
Ari's eyes narrowed at the unfinished word. Master, eh? Yeah, nice try there, slick, but he'd caught that one. The real question was whether he was a freedman or a runaway.

"Yeah, I gathered as much. So...followin' in your pop's footsteps, eh?" Ari said, taking a swallow of his beer. "What is it ya do?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:17:06 am »
Nike could feel those eyes narrow at him, he didn't even have to look at the man. "I'm a mechanic." He said softly as he rubbed at the brand on his cheek. It was true too, even if he had to keep reminding himself it was. He meant to as what the stranger did in attempts to just keep the conversation simple and casual but the question nagging at the back of his head came pouring out of his lips instead.

"H-Have we met before? I-It's just you seem really familiar..." He looked down at his glass finding it hard to make eye contact or just not be pathetic.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »
"Hm?" Ari looked at the guy proper then, eyes sharpening as he studied his face. "Well, I dunno. Have we? I've met an awful lot of people."

He rested his chin on his hand and frowned thoughtfully, eyes still on him and squinting slightly. "What'd ya say your name was?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »
"Uhhh I hadn't..." Nike fiddled with the wet edges of his beverage napkin and avoided making eye contact with the other man. "I'm Nike... Nikephoros Bellamy..." He looked down into his glass as if it would reveal the other man's name or how he knew him before the other had a chance to think of it.

He did know him from somewhere right? But where?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:20 am »
Ari's eyes further narrowed. Nikephoros Bellamy, Nikephoros Bellamy, why did that name sound so...?

Then it hit him like a punch to the gut and he sat up so quickly he just about jerked out of his seat.

"Holy fuck, it's you! Nike?!"

Offline Nix

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 12:44:26 am »
Something about the way the other practically jumped out of his seat made it all come rushing back. The dark little room on that horrible ship. Darvish. And Ari. Nike looked at the other again, not quite as shy this time.

"...Ari." He said and a small little smile tugged at his lips. The other boy was ok. Even though Ari was older than him Nike had wondered what happened to him, if he was ok, if he was alive. And here he was! Drinking a beer. Ari was ok and free too. That was worth smiling over.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »
The joy he felt initially soon devolved into a fleeting sense of panic. He was glad the kid was alright; really fucking glad. He'd wondered about him over the years, what happened to him, what happened to the others, if they were even still alive. And he looked...he looked well.

But then there was the panic. Nike was here. Nike, a relic from his past--the past he wanted to forget and never wanted to talk about. And here it was, in the flesh, staring right at him. The grin he wore began to evaporate.

Nike was okay. He looked healthy, had a job, was free.

That was good enough. That was all he needed to know.

He swallowed hard, and stood up. "I...uh, ya look good! That's great! I gotta go."

Offline Nix

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:32 pm »
"Uhhh, Ari wait!" Nike grabbed the other's arm without thinking. It was an unusually bold move for him, but he finally found someone who knew him, however briefly. Someone who understood without any details how hard things must of been for him, without saying a word about it. To be honest he felt so lonely at the thought of Ari leaving so soon.

But what were they? They weren't friends or anything... just two strangers who for a brief moment in time shared the same hell. Nikephoros blushed and released Ari's arm after a moment.

"...it was... it was good to see you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 10:19:58 am »
Ari tensed when he was grabbed, his first instinct being to swing around and punch--not because he was pissed at Nike, but purely because it was a reflex you developed living a dangerous lifestyle and all. But he clamped down against the reflex and forced himself to relax, then turned slowly to look at the kid and raise an eyebrow.

Hah. Kid. He still thought of him as he'd seen him back when he'd met him. But Nike was no kid. He was as tall as he was now, and much bigger everywhere else.

With a sigh, Ari nodded. "Yeah. It was good seein' ya, too," he said, then grimaced. Fuck. He hated this. He needed to just leave now like he was going to and be happy to have one thing off his conscience--the knowledge that Nike was okay. That was good enough, right? He was fine. He knew what had become of him now. And he didn't owe Nike shit. They'd never been friends, even, just...they had a shared experience in hell. That was it.

Maybe that was why he didn't keep on walking.

"Look, ya gonna be alright?" he asked at length.

Offline Nix

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 10:32:35 pm »
"Yeah. I'm fine." He said giving Ari a small forced smile.

He wasn't fine. He was glad to see Ari safe and free but he still didn't know how to be. He could tell his presence was upsetting Ari, that he was The reason the other wanted to suddenly leave. It was fine. He understood that he was just a reminder of bad things. The pink haired man stared into his glass again and took a smaller sip of the liquor, not coughing so much this time.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 10:23:44 am »
Ari let out a strained sigh. No, Nike wasn't fine; the smile was way too fake, his body language too downtrodden.

Ari shifted awkwardly, hands shoved into his pockets. "Yeah? Where ya headed from here?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal