Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Missing the point (Rhi-tard <3)  (Read 793 times)

Anonymous

Missing the point (Rhi-tard <3)
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:42:31 am »
If Bart could strangle a dragon, he would. He had just had an incredibly awkward conversation with a white haired candidate about her special needs in a swimsuit. And now he was in front of another candidate’s door, barely there swimwear in hand as he pressed the doorbell. He knew he could just enter, but that was just rude.

When the door slid open, Bart cleared his throat, “Rachel? I have the swimin’ suit ta try on.” He held it out, looking rather uncomfortable, cheeks slightly red, “If ya could try it on and make sure it fits okay.”

Rachel opened her door a crack, then slid it open with a smile when she saw who it was. Well, well, that was pretty fancy! Wasn't everyday you got a bathing suit delivered right to your door by a Pilot--a handsome looking one, at that. Huh. And other candidates /complained/ about their stay here. Well, shit, maybe she was in the wrong program or something because aside from a creepster ex-mentor and a lot of physical leg-work...this candidacy thing wasn't half bad. Washing a dragon in a swimsuit? Wasn't exactly her idea of torture.

And hey, the service wasn't half bad, either. Easy on the eyes, too.

Leaning against her door frame, she took the suit and held it up, turning it this way and that. "Whoa. You've got a pretty perverted dragon, sir," she said, raising an eyebrow, but she didn't seem all that bothered. There wasn't a lot to that suit--and could dragons even appreciate that? Ew, she didn't want to know if they could...

She looked back up at the Pilot and eyed him suspiciously. Maybe it wasn't really the dragons' deal, actually. "Yeah, sure, gimme a sec! Wait right there!" she said before ducking back in her room and sliding the door shut.

When she had changed, she popped back out, still fiddling with the tie at her neck. It was a little small in the ass, or maybe that was the style, but overall she liked it. It didn't leave all that much to the imagination and contrasted well with her dark skin and hey, it had a cute design! She could deal with the bottoms being a little small.

"Yup, it fits! Little small in the butt..." she said, twisting so he could see. "...But I think it works. Whatcha think?"

Bart knew Gabriel’s sister was a candidate and that Rachel was her, but he hadn’t expected the girl to be so pretty. Gabriel was such a spaz with bad hair he was surprised his sister seemed so normal. Though he was far too old to be thinking thoughts like that about a girl her age.

He wasn’t trying to read her mind, but he picked up some of the stray thoughts and his blush got darker, “I promise ya, this ain’t my idea. It’s all Nuriel. He just has a real interestin’ sense of humor.”

Oh lord. Now everyone must think he was some giant pervert, all thanks to that damn dragon and his stupid ideas. He knew Nuriel was just doing to because it made Bart squirm.

Lost in his thoughts, he hadn’t realized Rachel was trying the suit on until she called his attention to it. And her very nice, half clad butt. Bart really didn’t mean to stare, this was Gabriel’s sister and young enough to be his daughter, but he really couldn’t help it.

Clearing his throat, Bart jerked his eyes upwards, trying to not stare, “It does seem a bit indecent. I can see about gettin’ ya a new one.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Missing the point (Rhi-tard <3)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:44:27 am »
"What?" Rachel spun back around to face him and blinked several times in surprise. Indecent? In Haviah? This was a Pilot talking--and that was so not the reaction she was going for. She crossed her arms beneath her breasts and tilted her head to the side, looking up at him. "No, no, it's fine. It's a bikini." They were supposed to be indecent! That was kind of the whole point!

Bart felt his ears get hot and he did his best to keep his eyes firmly away from Rachel’s barely covered breasts. Damn that dragon! He really was going to throttle Nuriel one of these days. He was well aware he was old fashioned, but he couldn’t help it. He had never fully taken to the life style in Haviah, his mother having raised him on a very different set of morals, “If ya say so. I just don’t want ya feelin’ uncomfortable or nothin’.”

"Aww, thanks, sir, but it's okay. Really! Not like this is the first time I've ever worn a bikini," Rachel said wiith a dismissive wave and a laugh. Didn't want her uncomfortable? How surprisingly...swee t. She plucked at her top "I just, you know, don't wanna pop out of my top or anything, but it should probably be okay. It doesn't look too small, does it? It looks alright?"

She can’t have any idea what she is saying. Bart couldn’t help but notice that Rachel’s breasts did look about ready to fall out of the tiny top and he cleared his throat again, “Well, I think ya might want ta let me get ya another top. That one doesn’t seem real…secure.”

How was it he could handle breaking into enemy strongholds and returning heavy fire on a battle field, but some teenaged girl was flustering him worse than he could recall in a long time.

"Well, it is just held together by these little strings," Rachel said, turning briefly so he could see the ties. "But that's just how these things are built. It'll be fine as long as it's tied right, but that's not what I'm worried about. I just, y'know, wanted to know if it looked good..." She frowned up at Bart. "It doesn't, does it?"

The strings were very little, giving Bart a good look at a lot of smooth, dark skin. Remember her age! Yer old enough ta be her daddy! Making sure to keep his dark eyes looking right over Rachel’s left shoulder, no matter how badly he wanted to let them go lower, “Well, those strings probably ain’t real sturdy. It ain’t a problem ta get ya a swimmin’ suit that wont be so flimsy.”

"It's supposed to be flimsy! I'm not asking about that! I'm asking if it looks good!" Rachel snapped without meaning to, face flushing with irritation and embarrassment. Good gods, it was a simple question and all his hedging was starting to make her feel self-conscious, like she looked like a clown and just didn't realize it.

Or worse: he didn't even notice or care one way or the other.

"Sir!" she added a bit belatedly, reining in her irritation. One simple question! Why was that so hard?
Bart blinked rapidly, his brown eyes going wide as he startled. Rachel’s irritation came as a complete surprise to him. He wasn’t even really sure what the problem was. Then it sunk in. Of course she was feeling insecure about what she was wearing. There might be boys around that would see her in it.

The Pilot relaxed a little, feeling a little more on familiar ground. He had helped a few of his candidates through awkward hookups and romances, though he didn’t really have much experience in them, “Oh, don’t worry. Ya look fine. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of boys noticin’ ya in it.”

Rachel's shoulders slumped and she sank her face into her hand. Oh jeez, seriously? "Right. Plenty of boys noticing," she sighed, running her fingers through her bangs before straightening back up. Ugh, that was exactly her problem—boys noticed her just fine, but men didn't, and could Bart be any less enthused? Seriously?

"Are there even gonna be any there?"

If Rachel could actually read minds, Bart’s thoughts might have made her feel a bit better, despite the fact he was desperately trying to not think them. It was hard to not notice that Rachel looked like she would burst out of her top if she breathed too deeply. But it wasn’t really polite for him to be lookin’, not at Gabe’s little sister. And she probably didn’t want some old man ooglin’ her.

Bart frowned a little, confused at her lack of an excited reaction, “Aw sweetness, don’t look so down. Yer gonna get plenty of notice. I promise. Ya look great.” Bart smiled, really hoping that comment didn’t come out the wrong way, “And, well, no, not really. Just me and yer brother…..”

That got Rachel to perk back up again and she flashed a smile Bart's way, face lighting up again. Sweetness. He called her 'sweetness'—and finally said she looked good! About freakin' time! Excited butterflies fluttered in her belly when he smiled, and for a moment she thought that maybe, maybe she was actually getting somewhere...

Until he mentioned her brother.

"Oh." The temporary high faded, popped like a balloon, and her face twisted in disgust. "He's gonna be there? Why? I don't want him seeing me in this! I mean, eww." And how the hell was she supposed to flirt with him hovering? Gods, he always seemed to pop up just  in time to ruin her social life...

Utterly clueless as to what caused Rachel to perk up, Bart gave her another smile, pleased he seemed to have reassured her. Then the smile faded as he watched the girl’s excitement vanish, “Aw, now, don’t be like that. It wont be so bad. Still have plenty of fun. And he’s there ‘cause Nuriel likes ta fu-mess with yer brother. But cheer up darlin’. There will still be lots of fun, yeah? Get ta meet some dragons?”
"Yeah...I guess," Rachel muttered, crossing her arms again and trying to pre-plot ways that she could shake her brother. Knowing him, he'd be pissed about this whole thing and pissed she was put in a bikini and all in over-protective mode--which was nice when she needed it but inconvenient, annoying, and overbearing everywhere else. But huh. Maybe Nuriel would distract Gabe enough. Maybe. It would still be awkward and gross.

She leaned her shoulder against the door frame. "It'd be more fun without him."

“Aw, I’m sorry darlin’. Anything I can do ta get a smile back on yer face?” It couldn’t be fun having an over protective brother hanging around while she was trying to have a good time. It was getting a little easier to keep his eyes on Rachel’s face, though every time she crossed her arms, it kept shoving her breasts up and was really distracting.

“I promise I wont let him hover. I do outrank him.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:53 pm »
Oh, I can think of a few things, Rachel thought, and that brought a smile right back to her face. Gods help her and her weakness for handsome older men, especially successful, mature ones who knew how to sweet talk like this one. Guh. And the accent...it was just like the ones from those old space westerns. Oh man. Nothing would probably ever, ever happen, but damned if it wasn't fun to just flirt.

Especially since he seemed to get a little flustered. That was always fun. Always cute when a grown man blushed.

Darlin'. Oh, just keep talking, I don't care about what.

"Good!" Rachel said out loud. "Because he's so annoying. Seriously, he's gonna--well, you work with him, right? You probably know." She adjusted her top. "So who and all's gonna be there, anyway? Just us girls?" She grinned. "That's convenient."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:37 am »
"Aw, now sweetness, don't be so hard on him. He just cares about ya, that's all." Bart's eyes quickly jerked to the side when Rachel started adjusting the top. Oh man. She was a sweet girl and he was enjoying talking to her, but this was a rather dangerous place to be.

The fact that his eyes landed on her bed didn't really help the direction of his thoughts, "What? Oh, yess'um. Gabe, me and Nuriel are the only males he invited. As this was all his idea." A fact everyone seemed to be forgetting.

Still blushing slightly, Bart gave Rachel another slow smile, "Well, it yer sure the suit fits alright, I gotta get goin'. Pilots work is never done. I'll see ya soon darlin'."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:49:11 pm »
Rachel only just managed to keep from rolling her eyes. Yeah, yeah, she knew Gabe cared about her, and that was the problem. He cared too much. She was his 'baby sister' which apparently translated into him going all alpha dog whenever a guy glanced her way. It was appreciated sometimes, like when it was unwanted attention, but he just didn't seem to get the difference.

Oh well! Bright side! This guy would be there, and she wouldn't at all mind getting to know him better.

She smiled sadly when he said he had to go, but it was followed up by a little sigh that was half disappointed, half dreamy. Darlin'. There it was again--he kept saying that and she'd wind up a puddle on the floor soon enough. Gods, she was such a sucker for that accent. Reminded her of those old space westerns...

"Aww, if you must," she sighed.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:24:44 pm »
Bart gave a little laugh, "Well, I can't imagine a sweet young thing like ya wants ta spend her day listenin' to me go on."

His eyes were roaming all over her room, looking anywhere but at all that dark skin on display. He was going to murder Nuriel for this. He coughed, shifting his weight, "Now, ya sure ya don't want a bigger suit? That, well, covers..uh...more? It ain't no trouble at all ta get it for ya."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 02:45:11 pm »
"Oh, you can go on for as long as you want," she said, and looked him up and down. "Unless you have somewhere you need to be. I know you guys are awfully busy, saving the world and everything," she added with a wink.

His question earned another head-shake. "Nah, I like it! And bikinis are in. You're not trying to up-sell me to a full body suit, are ya?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:54:54 pm »
Bart paused, slightly unsure for a moment. Was...was she flirting with him? There was no way she could be, not with an old fart like him, but, well, some slow, hardly used and cobweb filled part of Bart's mind was pretty sure that was flirting.

But as there was no way it could be, Bart ignored it and rallied forth, "Well, uh, yeah. It ain't world savin'. Mostly just runnin' around for some over grown, bratty dragon. Got ta get all the suits delivered and make sure they fit." He flushed, remembering the awkward conversation with Atara. He never, ever wanted to be in that position ever again.

"And their ain't nothin' wrong with leavin' a little for the imagination. Feminine mystery an' all that." Bart's voice was a little stuff, finding himself treading some very unfamiliar waters with this girl.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »
"Feminine mystery?" Rachel repeated with a giggle. There were still people out there that actually thought like that? Whoa, talk about old school! "Dunno much about mystery, sir. We all know what we have!"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 06:18:59 pm »
"Only in a general sense and such." Bart really, really did not want to be talking about this. He cleared his throat, "Anyway, not really the point and well, if ya wanna...wear the suit, that's fine. I got ta get the rest of these suits delivered and such."

The blond was far to pretty for her own good and Bart found that a little distracting. Something he wasn't all that comfortable with.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
"Busy man, I see, making all those swimsuit deliveries. That's gotta be exhausting," Rachel said with a knowing wink. She wanted to talk to him more, didn't really want him to go just yet, but even she knew she could only keep him here so long. Besides, she didn't want to seem desperate or anything. A little teasing here, just a taste to get him interested...

At least, that was the idea.

"Well, I'll let you go then. And, hey...see ya at the big soap-down, eh, sir?" With another bright smile and a salute, she slipped back into her room.

[End thread? :3]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal