Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: An unexpected visitor (Closed)  (Read 2021 times)

Anonymous

An unexpected visitor (Closed)
« on: June 15, 2008, 03:13:21 pm »
Tetroneaque was glad that he had found the city on this planet.  It looked much better than the wasteland he'd traversed to get there.  Of course, if he had his choice he'd still be back on his home planet researching things.  Too bad for him his last experiment had sent him to this odd galaxy.  While he had met one sentient being here so far, whom had learned his language with surprising ease, she wasn't with him now.  She had gone off to do her own thing despite him urging her to stay along and act as a translator for him while he tried to learn the native tongue himself.  It wasn't too big of a problem though, he just needed to get some shelter and food.  He was certain his abilities as an inventor might be able to get him that much, as long as he could convince the people here he wasn't here to hurt anyone.

The little purple Kitsune came up as close to the city as he dared and opened up a general communications channel, broadcasting over every channel he could think of since he was unsure which channels he'd need to go over.  Little did he realize that his alien equipment was overpowering everything in range and forcing it to all broadcast his message, and image where applicable.

"Hello,  my name is Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser.  I come in peace and wish to enter your settlement.  Please send someone out to negotiate your terms to me as I am unsure of your local customs and laws, and wish to obey them."  He stated over his communications equipment inside his vehicle.  Of course his speech came across to everyone picking it up as a series of barks, growls, and yips only making his image as a fox like being more pronounced.

Tetroneaque turned off the broadcast and simply waited in his vehicle for admittance to the city.  The vehicle resembled a sort of ten legged mechanical spider with a small turret on top of the highest joint of each of the legs, with the central body being the area where Tetroneaque's piloting pod was located.  The entire thing was shimmering due to it's silvery alloy build, and the various energy shields in place on it.  It was a standard exploration unit made to collect samples and travel any terrain, but to someone who didn't know better it looked like some sort of war-walker.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:53:34 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: An unexpected visitor (Eve & Neve)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:12 am »
[OOC Sorry it's short and sucky o.O]

Neve sighed as he read the message on his communicator. Greeting a purple fox had not been the first thing he wanted to when they finally reached Tynova again. He had Eve had been on a mission and were nearly at the capital when the offending message had arrived. Why they had chosen him and Eve he didn’t know.

“What is it,” the mage asked.

Neve stood up, “There’s a suspected mage at the city entrance, and we have to go make sure they aren’t or arrest them.”

“Oh,” she said titled her head, “What kind of mage.”

“A purple fox-like one.”

Eve looked at him as though waiting for him to say he was kidding. He never joked though. There was no point to it. Eve was almost the complete opposite to him. She was cheerfully and despite being an essentially a prisoner she remained optimistic and friendly. Some of the Mordecai would have liked this but she was a little too cheerful for his tastes. He preferred mages that barely said a word to him unless absolutely necessary.

Neve descended the ramp of the craft which the auto-pilot had landed close to the visitor’s craft. The ship looked dangerous but hopefully the fox wouldn’t be. Eve was a lightning mage though; it would be easy for her to short circuit the craft if the need arose.

“State your name and business.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:20:11 pm »
Tetroneaque patiently waited inside the cockpit of his vehicle while the inhabitants readied a response.  Assuming anyone in the place had understood his speech, which was basically just a series of barks, yips, and growls like a dog might make.  Of course that wasn't his fault, as on his own planet he had impeccable speech.  His wait was short as soon a local vehicle appeared and landed near his own vehicle.

He put his helmet back on, which obscured his face completely as two figures exited the other craft.

"Bleh!  They're hideous!  Just that tiny bit of fur on top of their heads and no tails on either of them!"  He exclaimed to himself.  Of course a mix of different species was to be expected, he just wished they weren't all so weird looking.

"Oh why am I bothered by how they look?  They might be nice under that unappealing exterior."  He mused to himself.

The two suddenly stopped in front of his own vehicle and shouted something at him.  He couldn't understand a single word of their speech.  It was all just a bunch of odd noises and gobbledy gook to his sensitive ears.  He decided that perhaps it would be easier to communicate face to face than shouting things the other party would most likely not understand.  Thus, he pressed a button on the console before him.

The bottom of his piloting pod opened up and a beam of light appeared leading to the ground.  He hopped into the beam inside his vehicle and instantly appeared on the ground.  The beam vanished, and no sign of the opening could be seen.

He was shorter than both of the aliens, even in his exo-suit which added a couple inches to his height.  His visor was like a one way mirror, letting him get a good look without them being able to see his face.  Of course this was made to prevent harmful rays and extremely bright light from harming his eyes.  It was an exploration exo-suit after all, meant for other worlds.  He just hadn't planned to be the one to test it.

He cocked his head to one side as he looked at them, one ear twisting toward the side slightly as he did so.  His suit was feeding him data on these two aliens simply by looking at them.  It couldn't however teach him their language or vice versa though.

"Greetings.  My name is Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser.  I'm a scientist for the Kitsune Empire, and currently stranded on this planet.  I would like refuge inside your city please.  I don't believe I have enough supplies to survive out here on my own for long."  He said slowly.  Again, the only sound anyone would hear would be the 'dog-talk' of barks, yips, and growls.  Yet one being had learned his language rather quickly, he hoped one of these two would also be quick studies... or that he'd have the chance to learn their language.

One of his three tails came around toward his front and he hugged it to his chest while the other two tails swished lazily back and forth.  Hugging one's own tail was a sign of peaceful intent among his kind, he hoped they'd get the point.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:20:30 am »
Neve looked at Eve, he could not understand a word the fox had said and obviously the lightning mage couldn’t either. He had been surprised when he suddenly appeared out of nowhere using some kind of teleportation device. It seemed it was a very advanced fox.

Neve’s communicator crackled and the voice of his commanding officer blared out, “That creature has very advanced technology. Bring them in for questioning; it will be useful to us.”

Obviously they had been watching what was going on but what had been asked was easier said than done. Judging by its craft, the fox probably had weapons. And if by small chance it was peaceful, it didn’t matter because neither could understand a word the other said. This was going to be tricky. Maybe crude old sign language might work.

He turned to the fox but Eve had already gotten there first. He was about to force her back but decided against it, the fox probably didn’t know she was essentially a prisoner and him knowing might not help the situation. Besides Eve might have better luck.

“Hello,” Eve said waving, she then pointed to herself, “My name is Eve.”

She then pointed to Neve, “His name is Neve.”

The other Mordecai had all had a good laugh at that, Neve had been paired with the mage with the worst possible name, because it rhymed with his. Neve and Eve did not sound very threatening.

“What’s your’s?” Eve said indicating towards the fox creature.

Hopefully he’d get the gist, and if not…Then well…they’d cross that bridge when they came to it. Eve could cause temporarily paralysis with her powers so that was always an option.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:35:44 am »
Tetroneaque watched in fascination as one of the aliens came up to him and attempted to communicate.  The language was odd sounding, but he thought he might be able to pronounce some of it given the time to learn it.  However, that would have to come later.  His helmet his his face from view so they couldn't see his face, or the mirth behind his eyes as they attempted some sort of slow speech with sign language.  He figured that it would have been too much to ask for another being around that could understand him, so he'd have to use the same method of trying to communicate.

First he tried to say what he figured their names were but it came out sounding more like a bark than anything else.  He tried again to say the word 'Eve' and it came out sounding like, "Eef".  It was somewhat close, but not quite.  Tetroneaque was no linguist.  He tried to say the second name, the 'Neve'.

"Reef."  Was what he managed to get out.  He pointed at Eve and said, "Eef."  Then pointed at Neve and said, "Reef."  He wanted them to know he had a basic understanding of what they were saying, he just couldn't really pronounce it well enough yet.

He pointed at himself and said his name again "Tetroneaque.", but to Eve and Neve it came out sounding like a series of barks and growls.  Apparently his language just had a lot of subtle nuances to it that their underdeveloped ears just couldn't make out with ease.

He decided he might be able to better communicate with them telepathically and so let down his mental barriers.

Since Eve was the closest he decided to attempt to communicate with her.  He sent out a little tendril of mental energy toward her, tentatively so as not to alarm her.  He did manage to project his name into her mind, not forcing it in like some might but simply letting it come to her with all the gentleness of a summer breeze.

My name is Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser.  Was what he sent, hoping his mental communication would go better than his verbal ones.  The only problem with communicating like this was he could only do it with one other being at a time.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »
Neve put his hand to his forehead and sighed exasperatedly, this wasn’t working. The fox couldn’t even pronounce their names and they couldn’t pronounce it’s either.

This needed a new approach and paralysis was looking more and more tempting. Maybe he might recognise their lettering? If the fox’s language only consisted of growls and barks though, it was doubtful.

The creature looked a Eve for a minute she looked confused and then said, “Tertoneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser?”

What? Where had that come from? Wait…was the fox a psychic? Had he sent his name to the mage telepathically?

“Eve, get away from him, he’s a psychic.”

She gasped and quickly stepped back. Good, she was doing what he said despite not seeming too scared of the psychic. Many of the mages were but Eve always had been a strange one.

“Shock him.”

“What? But he’s harmless!”

Neve growled, “He’s a psychic! And since neither of us speak the other’s language what else are we supposed to do?”

Eve looked furious, “I refuse!” she protested, “I’m not attacking him just because he doesn’t speak common.”

Neve rolled his eyes before tapping into the link with Eve. If she wasn’t going to follow an order he’d have to make her. He found her magic centre and aimed a bolt of lightning towards the fox. He wasn’t as accurate as Eve but hopefully it would hit its target.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 01:11:06 pm »
The Kitsune kept looking at the two aliens as they started to argue.  He wasn't sure what they were arguing about.  Then Tetroneaque felt something odd with the mental link he'd been using to try and communicate with the female, as if someone had suddenly burst through the window in a room so to speak.  He immediately severed the link and threw up his mental wall again simply from instinct.

That was when he got another shock, quite literally.  A bolt of lightning came from the aliens' direction and slammed right into his chest, knocking him off his feet to land with a thud.  Luckily his exo-suit was made to withstand all sorts of environmental hazards, including random lightning bolts.  He'd just never expected to have to test out how durable his suit was so soon!

It was obvious that he must have done something to offend them, he just couldn't figure out what.

He slowly got up from his back, getting into a standing position again.  He held up his hands in front of himself to show he didn't mean any harm, shaking his hands from side to side in a gesture of confusion and apology for whatever he might have done to enrage them so.  He still didn't know they were trying to capture him as he tried to communicate.

This time he sent his mental message to the male, to try and figure out what he'd done wrong.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow!  Again his message just sort of touched the other being's mind, not truly forcing its way in.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 05:44:30 am »
Damn, the fox’s suit had withstood the shock. What was that thing made of? Perhaps if it had been Eve attacking she might have had better luck, but she was being disobedient, which for her was rare.

The creature looked baffled at the sudden attack, maybe he was harmless. But how could they take him back to base if they couldn’t communicate.

“I’m sorry if I offended you somehow!”

Was that the fox’s thoughts? So he was a psychic and as much as he hated them, it might work to their advantage.

He didn’t really have any experience talking with psychics but he thought, “We are soldiers for Edanith, the country you are currently in, State your name and business.”

Hopefully it would work and if not, well they’d have to deal with him the hard way.

[OOC Gah! Short and sub-par o.O]

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 10:40:39 am »
Tetroneaque heaved a sigh of relief as he heard the thoughts of the male alien.  It seemed they were willing to listen to him now.  He still had no idea what he had done to provoke an attack though.

The little Kitsune scientist continued his mental conversation though, hoping to clarify his peaceful intentions.

My name is Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser.  I'm a government scientist for the Kitsune Empire.  I'm a bit far from home right now though due to an unfortunate lab accident.  Right now I am currently seeking shelter and food, as the bit of my lab that made the jump with me is out of food and running on emergency back up power.  I merely want to enter your city in look of food and shelter, and would be willing to use my skills as a scientist to pay for my stay until such time as I might discover a way to return to my home planet.  Tetroneaque was not used to communicating with aliens this way, and though their minds were similar enough that they could understand each other it still took a lot of concentration to get his words across.

Also, what did I do to provoke an attack upon myself?  I would wish to avoid such violence in the future while in your city.  He added, knowing he had a lot to learn about this place and it's culture.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 11:47:56 am »
So Tetroneaque was a Kitsune, it certainly explained his odd appearance and abilities. But Neve had never heard of the ‘Kitsune Empire’ before, maybe it was the other side of the universe or galaxy. And it seemed he had an unfortunate accident.

As for him wanting to return to his home planet, that wasn’t very likely considering Edanith had an interest in him. He was obviously a magical creature and a psychic. If he couldn’t be used as a Mordecai, he’d be used as a mage and if that didn’t work either he’d be killed, simple as that. Of course Neve wasn’t going to tell the Kitsune that.

“The attack was because we were startled by your psychic abilities, I apologise. If you follow us we will take you to someone who might be able to help you.”

Yeah, his superiors but their idea of help would be a lot different from what the creature had in mind.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:54 pm »
Tetroneaque nodded his head.  It was as he though, a simple misunderstanding.  He should have figured as much when he communicated mentally without their consent, he had just assumed it would be the only way for them to communicate effectively.

Oh thank you for your help!  I really appreciate this, you're quite kind.  Tetroneaque mentally stated as he walked up toward the two aliens.  His tails were swishing back and forth like a happy little puppy now and an immense feeling of relief washed over him, and over Neve as they were still mentally linked for the moment.  He didn't mean to let his emotions leak over to the other, it just sort of happened.

What should I do with my vehicle?  I wouldn't want anyone accidentally activating it's auto defense mode and hurting them.  Is there somewhere I could store it?  He asked.  Not to mention all the technology he'd stored inside it as well, including his priceless data crystal from his lab and several weapon prototypes.

Lead the way Neve, I'll follow you to these people who can help me.  Also offer my apologies for startling Eve.  I meant no harm.  His ears sort of drooped down to show he was sorry, as his kind incorporated a lot of body language into their communications with one another.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 02:12:48 pm »
“Some tech experts will deal with your ship, its not really my area of expertise.”

The technicians would probably pick apart the ship and try and work out how it worked. It was unlikely the fox would ever see it again. Neve almost felt sorry for the furry creature but orders were orders.

“This city is Tynova,” he might as well tell Tetroneaque about it, he’d probably spend a lot of time there, “It’s the capital of Edanith. And Eve and me are soldiers in its army. Not really much war about now though.”

Well that was a lie but the fox probably assumed from their uniform they were soldiers and lots of mages were suspicious of them. Tetroneaque probably didn’t know about the relationship between Neve and Eve, that of a Mordecai and his mage but still, it was best to keep his trust. He’d be easier to deal with that way.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 03:56:30 pm »
Tynova... interesting name.  Edanith... also and interesting name.  So your kind is also part of an Empire then?  Tetroneaque mentally sent as he trotted along behind the two aliens.  His tails kept swishing back and forth as he walked, stirring up a small breeze.

Please tell your technicians to be careful around my vehicle, it is called a Fury by the way, as it has some very nasty security measures in place.  Any attempts at forced entry will not end well.  I will be happy to show them around it though later it that suits you, I'll also need to get some of my things out once I have a place to stay.  He sent, telling him his preliminary plans.  He didn't realize he was being duped.  He may have been a genius when it came to inventing and tinkering, but he was more naive than a child when it came to social situations and strangers.  Of course that was due to how isolated he'd been even on his home planet, being kept in his lab to work for the government and having very little interaction with other people.  He'd never had a reason to not trust someone before, and simply figured everyone would be helpful since that was how he treated others.

What else can you tell me about your city and country?  His curiosity was starting to get the better of him now.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 10:21:31 am »
“Not really an empire, just a country. It exists on a planet called Mars. Like I said with your Fury it isn’t my area of expertise, I’ll pass the message onto the technicians though.”

If it was true that his ship had security measures against forced entry then they might need to keep him duped for longer than anticipated, long enough for him to show the technicians how it worked.

Eve kept frowning at Neve as she walked by his side; she knew what he was thinking and obviously she didn’t like it. But she couldn’t disobey him; if she tried to warn the fox she’d have to be dealt with.

Tetroneaque asked about Tynova and Edanith but there wasn’t much he could tell him without giving away what he and Eve were.

So he just thought “Tynova and Edanith aren’t really that special, at least not in this system anyway.”

They were nearly there and he could see the entrance to the base now, with the armed guards stationed outside. There was a problem though; coming out of the base oblivious to Neve and Eve heading towards them was Reshona and her two evil fire mages…great. This wouldn’t end well; those little brats would no doubt warn the fox and Reshona never bothered to control them.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 12:24:10 pm »
Well it seems to be a very nice city.  Tetroneaque thought, complimenting the place.  It was only the polite thing to do after all.  He did find the architecture quite odd, yet charming in its own way.  It was so different than what the city's on his world looked like.  He was about to ask a bit about the laws and such of the city, so he wouldn't break any, when a sudden wave of annoyance emanated from Neve.  Tetroneaque picked up on the feelings but didn't quite understand why he was feeling them from the alien.

Tetroneaque peek around his guides and saw some others coming out of a building with armed guards.  He assumed this must be some important building for government officials or something, but the others coming toward them seemed to be the focus of Neve's irritation.

I don't mean to pry, but why don't you like those people headed our way?  He asked in as polite a mental tone as he could muster.  Again he had his head tilted slightly toward one side with his ears pointing out at odd angles to signify his curiosity.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 02:46:44 am »
Neve tried to think of a plausible reason he could give the fox as to why he didn’t like Reshona and her demon children. Eve had noticed the pair as well but she liked Reshona and the twins so obviously the fox wouldn’t sense annoyance from her. What reason other than the true one might he have for hating them when Eve didn’t?

/////

Eve felt Neve’s annoyance as well, he had never liked Reshona, Kasu and Sithon and it seemed the fox had sensed his annoyance as well. He was looking at Neve with curiosity. The Mordecai however was a little slow in answering and she could almost see the cogs in his head turning. It was then she had a very evil idea.

She giggled, and thought to the fox, “Oh that woman’s name is Reshona, she’s a soldier too but she’s also one of Neve’s old girlfriends. She dumped him so he hates her. Hehe.”

Ha! Take that Neve. She was going to pay for that later…but there was just something about Kasu and Sithon being around that made you want to misbehave...Maybe it was because you knew whatever you did they’d do something much worse and take the heat off of you.

Neve glared at her but then the ‘demon twins’ spotted them and ran toward Eve.

“Eve!” they called before running into her and hugging her.

With her and most of the other mages they were always nice but with the Mordecai they were little devils.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:32 am »
Tetroneaque was startled when he suddenly heard Eve's thoughts.  This was because he had only ever communicated psychically with one other being at a time.  Now though he was mentally communicating with two at once.  The only way that could be possible would be if these two were somehow linked in some mental capacity or another.

Tetroneaque put his hands on his head as the mental link became slightly painful.

Owwww!  Please be careful.  I'm only used to using this ability to communicate with one being at a time.  How are you two linked, that I am able to hear you both simultaneously?  He seemed to no longer care why Neve felt such annoyance about the others now.

Eve seemed totally fine around the two smaller ones, and they seemed to like her well enough as they came up and embraced her.  He recognized them saying her name as well.  At least he knew that much of the language.

Aren't you going to introduce me?  He mentally asked Eve, trying to settle into the odd mental link with the two.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:24 am »
“Oh, I’m sorry,” Eve thought to the fox.

If she told him why they were linked, Neve wouldn’t be happy but what could she say? Maybe she could tell him without it sounding too bad…

“I have a psychic connection with Neve because military mages are always partnered with another soldier. We’re not usually very strong physically so they’re sort of like our bodyguard.”

That was a downright lie and it sounded as if Eve was in control of Neve when in fact it was the other way round. Still she doubted Neve would have a problem with the explanation.

“Oh and these two are Kasu and Sithon…don’t ask me which is which…They’re mages like me. But they’re fire mages and I’m a lightning mage.”

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
Interesting... though I wouldn't think you would need a bodyguard what with being able to hurl lightning around like you did at me.  Again, sorry for startling you like that.  He said mentally, apologizing for earlier even though they had been trying to attack him.

Please tell the two fire mages that I say hello.  I don't wish to startle them by intruding upon their minds, also it takes quite enough concentration simply communing with you and Neve.  Tetroneaque added with his mind.  He turned toward the two called Kasu and Sithon then and hugged one of his three tails as he looked at them.  Again, it was his kind's sign of peaceful intentions and was more a habit than anything since these beings wouldn't catch the meaning of his body language.

You say they are fire mages.  I actually happen to be able to control fire a little myself, though nothing really to write home about.  Just simple fox fire like all my race uses.  He stated and then demonstrated.  Several small balls of bluish fire formed around the Kitsune's head then, slowly floating around him in a small orbit.  The flames gave off a decent amount of light, but very little heat.  In fact it would be nearly impossible to burn someone with the flames alone.

I find it useful for when I need some illumination.  He then let out a little chuckle, which came out sounding like a series of short barks.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 10:57:17 am »
“Hey it’s the fox that was on all the screens!” Kasu exclaimed.

“Yeah, we got stuck going to fetch him,” Neve replied.

Eve laughed at Neve’s reaction. She thought Tetroneaque was quite sweet really and the fact his fur was purple reminded her of Lanaes, her home planet. Everything there was blue and purple.

“He said his name was Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser,” Eve explained.

Sithon looked confused, “He talks?”

“Well, not exactly…he’s…”

What should she do, mentioning the word ‘psychic’ in front of the twins was not a good idea, they were always nervous around them for reasons they refused to disclose.

“He’s psychic,” Neve said bluntly.

Damn him. And as she thought, the twins started to back away from the fox.
“They’re a little nervous around psychics…” Eve explained to the fox, “It’s not your fault.”

However when he started using his fox-fire they seemed impressed and a little less nervous. Instead they both glanced up at Reshona pleadingly obvious using their mental link to beg her to use their magic.

“Please Reshona!” Sithon pleaded, “You haven’t let us use our magic in ages!”

“Yeah,” Kasu added, “Neve doesn’t block Eve’s this much.”

….Uh-Oh…Busted….But then again…Tetroneaque didn’t understand their speech…They might be safe…Might.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal