Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Two Little Devils (Open)  (Read 675 times)

Anonymous

Two Little Devils (Open)
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »
Reshona pinched the bridge of her nose trying to ward off her looming migraine. Kasu & Sithon smiled at her innocently, their blue eyes remained fixed on her as they drank their milkshakes in disturbingly perfect unison.

Reshona had decided that she would give the twins a treat so had taken them into Tynova for the day. And once again they have proved they didn’t need their magic to be little devils. She didn’t have the heart to forcefully stop them either, something her fellow Mordecai always lectured her about.

The pair had really excelled themselves today though. They had escaped her twice and if it hadn’t been for the mental link she probably would have never found them. Then they had somehow managed to hack into a vending machine and escape carrying several cans of drink. Then they had rendered unconscious two soldiers who were patrolling and generally minding their own business. And this was all without magic. It made Reshona wonder what she had done to deserve the pair and what TRIM taught it subjects.

She was going to hear about their behaviour later…She might have got away with it if it hadn’t been for the soldiers. Then again it wasn’t like they were going to assign the twins to a different Mordecai; no-one else would take him. She had been the last resort as it was. Even Neve couldn’t handle them and he was the coldest guy she knew.

The Mordecai was roused from her musings when she heard the sound of someone sucking a straw with no liquid inside. She looked up and saw the twins looking at her innocently, their glasses now empty.

“We’re bored Reshona,” Kasu whined.

“Yeah,” Sithon agreed.

Reshona sighed internally, “These two don’t even appreciate this is a treat, they don’t have any right to complain. I didn’t have to bring them out today…”

The pair looked her for a moment, and then titled their heads to the side in unison.

“It’s okay Reshona we’ll make our own entertainment again!”

“Wha?”

She didn’t even have time to react before the two got up and raced down the street.

“Not again…” Reshona moaned letting her head slump onto the table.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Two Little Devils (Open)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:18:05 am »
It was a nice day out. Lauenus Cyaal had to admit as he relaxed in a chair. He had no idea where he was on Mars, but he didn’t care. It was a nice day, a day for him to catch a break off his ceaseless traveling. After a while of sitting doing nothing, he decided it was time for some music. He imagined a violin and began to play. It was a slow melody, one that he created himself, and he loved it more then any other piece of music he could think of. It was the only song that could calm his heart beat and relieve his frustration or anger or pain. It was the Mediath. He smiled as he rolled the name in his head. Slowly he closed his eyes, and he fell asleep with his eyes closed.

Woosh! Lauen was awakened by two figures running past him. He watched them run for a second then he reached into his pocket for his pocket watch to read the time when he noticed it was missing. Mentally kicking himself for being so careless, he remembered he had left it hanging out of his coat pocket.  He turned to the two kids running off in the distance and he could see a gleam of metal caught in one of their coats. They had brushed passed him as they ran so one of them could have accidentally snagged it. Cursing, he stood and ran after both of them dodging other people along the way, apologizing as he hit a few, a grimace on his face.

"Wait!"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:04:05 am »
[OOC:....Not that great o.O]

Reshona lifted her head from the table and sighed, she didn’t really feel like running after them. The consequences would be worse if she didn’t; then again the pair escaped frequently.

“What to do…” she muttered under her breath.

Sighing again exasperatedly, she stood up and started walking in the direction they had gone. She wasn’t as fast as them anyway and they’d come find her again when they got bored, or when they just felt like annoying her…

/////

Kasu had felt the annoyance from Reshona through their mental bond, but this was one of their rare days off and they didn’t feel like behaving, not that they ever did. Mages were treated like slaves, but they had been lucky and ended up with a Mordecai who actually treated them like people. That didn’t mean they were going to be angels for her.

The pair kept running until they figured they were far enough away to make it difficult for Reshona to catch them and found themselves at a department store. The pair looked at each other and grinned evil grins before entering. They had never been in here before, their keeper generally didn’t take them shopping. Today would be a day for exploration!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »
Lauenus was having a very difficult time keeping up with the two boys that he saw. They were very agile and swift and though he had long legs, he was a bit clumsy sometimes and could not run in-between some of the people they had. Oh, his grandfather's watch-piece! He could not just let that go! The young man sighed and continued to follow them again. Lauen ran past so many places, he could not even imagine where he was, he did after all just come here. Rolling his eyes, he would have to ask for directions later, he detested asking for directions.

As he ran past a coffee shop, he grimaced as his shoulder hit another person, a man from the sound of his shouting voice, and coffee spilled over his coat. Cursing, he removed a hanky from an inner pocket and began wiping a bit of the coffee off before he continued to follow them all while being glad that his coat was black.  He did not know how much he ran, but the kids he was following had a lot of stamina.

Lauen was getting really tired. He had run so much for someone who didn’t run a lot, his sides hurt and he was gasping for air. If they didn’t slow down soon, he would lose his priceless pocket-watch. Then he had an idea. He urged the air to aid him as he ran, faster and faster he moved. Yet still they were out of his reach, not because of speed, but because Lauenus hated using too much of his power. Just as he was about to give up, he saw them stop at a department, the time-piece still there as he could see the sun's light gleam off from it. He quickly increased his speed with the air at the same time he once again shouted. “WAIT!”

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »
[OOC: Short >.<]

On hearing a male voice shout ‘WAIT’ from behind them, the pair turned round in unison. They knew Reshona hadn’t caught up with them because a, it was a male voice and b, she wasn’t that fast. Instead it was some weird looking guy, obviously not a local and he was running towards them.
     “Can we help you?” the pair said.
     They were impatient to enter the mysterious and shiny new place that was the department store, this strange man was delaying them. Whatever could he want with them, didn’t he know what they were?

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:01 pm »
Lauen was a bit surprised that they actually stopped. He slowed the air flow until he was slow enough to stop, then he stepped off his wind steed as if he were casually stepping down from a slightly elevated piece of ground and walked almost carelessly toward the two teens. He was still a bit out of breath, so he took a few deep breaths. Then he looked at the one closest to him and smiled. "You have something of mine?"

He used his psychic wind powers to retrieve the time-piece from the boy's clothes. He gave the boys an annoyed look. "I've been chasing you for the last . . . “He paused to think. "Maybe the last ten minutes."

He stopped and frowned. Were these two kids by themselves? He could tell they were causing trouble and they looked almost impatient to get into the department store.

"Where are your parents?" Lauen asked, giving them his nicest smile. "I'd like to have a word with them."

(OOC: Its alright, shortness doesn't really matter to me, it is the quality of writing that matters . . . at least that is what I think. ^^   8) )

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:58:04 am »
The twins were surprised when the man suddenly cast some form of wind magic to retrieve what looked like a watch; obviously it had gotten caught on Sithon’s jacket somehow, they must have run past him. The man certainly seemed pissed off, so pissed off he would resort to magic. Or maybe he was just an idiot.

“You know you shouldn’t use magic here right? And we don’t have any parents,” Kasu replied.

“Where’s you Mordecai anyway?” Sithon asked with a malicious smile.

They both knew the man didn’t have one; he was obviously foreign and probably wouldn’t even know what a Mordecai was. Ah the danger of being a mage on Mars

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 01:09:40 pm »
Lauenus had a strange feeling that they thought him to be an idiot for using magic. He guessed this was a place not to use magic openly? Then again, it wasn't magic, he could just control the air with his mind, if that was considered magic, which he didn't believe it was, then it was magic.

He looked at the two boys with a hard stare. "I have no Mordecai, for I have no idea what or who that is, I control the air with my mind, for all I know, that is a form of a psychic, is it not?"

He paused. "That time-piece was very important to me, you should watch where you are going better."

Then he had a sudden idea. "I'm guessing in a way, mages are slaves here? To Mordecai?" He smiled. "I'm just speculating here; correct me if I am wrong."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 01:19:32 pm »
Kasu and Sithon did not like the fact he was psychic, not one bit, though in their view if you controlled one of the elements (which included wind) then you were a mage, if you could make things float with your brain and read the thoughts of others then you were psychic.

“Being a Psychic is worse than being a mage,” Sithon said matter-of-factly, “Psychic are sneaky bastards who don’t have the common curtsey to ask people before reading their thoughts,” he smirked, “A Harpy told me that so it must be true.”

Indeed a harpy had, a harpy by the name of Vyne and she had ended up at TRIM, like the man in front of them probably would. Meh, he was getting annoying anyway and Kasu didn’t like his tone when he said about mages being slaves. They were but it wasn’t something you said so lightly.

“Oh Reshona,” the twins said in a sing-song voice through their psychic bond with their Mordecai, “Guess what we just found. A mage-psychic, maybe you should come and arrest them.”

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:50 pm »
Lauenus was slightly amazed by how snotty kids were sometimes, but he didn't really care, he was after all, a traveler, he had seen many things he despised, even less, he actually liked. "Seems from your expressions, you don't like me, I apologize for called mages slaves, and I have never used my mind reading abilities since I first discovered them." He grimaced. "You have no idea the pain it was to go through how to block it off."

He knew he had acted like a . . . kid. He seemed to do that when he was with them. He almost smiled at them. He mentally slapped himself a few times for being such a idiotic person. Who was he to tell them about mages being slaves? He may have been right, he may have been wrong, but he should have never said that to them, especially if they were mages.

Lauen sighed. "It seems we might have gotten off at the wrong hand here, and I am truly sorry if I said anything that sounded mean or annoyed you, I was just thinking out-loud. My name is Lauenus Cyaal, pleased to meet you, though I could say you really didn't like me now."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal