Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Off to market (Nicky)  (Read 7754 times)

Anonymous

Re: Off to market (Nicky)
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2009, 04:18:20 am »
Cariah watched as the mage talked. The silent mage didn't react, which was probably for the better. Both mages had been through a great deal together in the short time they'd known eachother.

'It might not be too bad, you know. If he doesn't get better he may be shipped off to TRIM or be allocated a new master,' she said, hoping it would offer some consolence. TRIM was a pretty bad outcome though, she'd heard worrisome stories about the place. Hopefully Vulcan hadn't.

She took his hand and led him from the room, closing the door behind them. She walked him over to the showers. 'The baths are just beyond here. I need to talk to someone so I'm going to have to lock you in,' she explained. She wanted to know what exactly would be happenning to Vulcan.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2009, 11:18:16 pm »
"Alright" Vulcan said with a nod, standing quietly, though his fire-toned eyes quietly took in the room. There had to be vents. Air had to circulate somehow. He liked to know his surroundings, and just knowing where the vents were, was somehow comforting in a small way.

He couldn't trust that this place was going to send him anywhere remotely endurable for extended periods of time. In all likely-hood, he figured he'd be sent to TRIM as well, and he had indeed heard stories of it. He'd already had his stay at some testing institute. It had been torture, and he was not eager to repeat the experience, but oddly enough, he was even less eager to have a headband and a master. He would rather be sent to TRIM.

Anonymous

« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2009, 08:43:19 am »
OOC: By fire-toned eyes, do you mean they'd turned red? I'll edit this if you didn't.

Vulcan didn't seem to behaving any different from what Cariah could see. He was behaving himself and following her instrustions. Hopefully he would remain like this. It was too much to thikn that he had already resigned to life at Edanith.

As she entered the bath room she looked up at him. His marigold eyes had turned red. 'I thought you had amber eyes,' she noted. 'What happened to them?'

Anonymous

« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:11 pm »
Vulcan glanced over at her. "The outer rims are red, the inner part is kind of a golden color most of the time, but sometimes they are more red than others" He replied lightly. Really, they hadn't changed much, though perhaps the light in the room reflected the red more than the light in the previous room had.

Anonymous

« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2009, 10:41:48 pm »
'Oh, what causes them to be like that?' Cariah asked.

After awaiting his reply she turned from him and securely locked the door on her way out. There would be hell to pay if he escaped while she was meant to be looking after him. 'Stay here while I talk to the nurses at their station. I won't be long.'

Anonymous

« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2009, 08:39:45 am »
"I'm not sure" Vulcan admitted. "Perhaps it is a similar reason to why your eyes are the color they are." He shrugged slightly "Every species can be a little different."

He watched her go, examining the room for weaknesses without moving from the spot she had left him. There was a vent, but he was dubious he would actually fit in it, and having the walls bulging around him as he wiggled through was a good way to give away his location and get himself shot or otherwise blown apart.

There was a drain, but that was even smaller. He looked up. There it was. The climate control duct. He could fit through most of it at least and chances were good it either led to some mostly unoccupied control room, or to a unit sitting on the outside of the facility. Either would do.

Now all he needed was a true opportunity. He didn't want to get the nurse into so much trouble. He would try to wait until she had handed him off to some supervisor if he could, but the trouble she would be in if he escaped, was less than the trouble he would be in if he didn't.

Anonymous

« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2009, 02:59:33 am »
Cariah came back looking a little worried. It turned out that Tany had persuaded the doctors that Vulcan was well enough to be let out of hospital. How she was going to explain this would be an even worse problem. She unlocked the door without looking at Vulcan and drahhed ina trolley stacked with ice bags.

The squeeking of the trolly echoed over her silence. The door clicked as she closed it.

'Hop in the bath now, please,' she said before turning on the cold tap.

Anonymous

« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2009, 08:59:19 am »
Vulcan obediently climbed into the bath, but he looked her over almost knowingly. There was the option of making a break for it, of course, but generally speaking, aside from a last moment of desperation, it was a bad idea.

"It's okay" He said calmly, waiting for further instructions from her. Maybe he'd get transfered to Tally's care. Her, he would gladly plow over and escape from without a care as to how much trouble she would get into. The mean streak said the more trouble, the better.

Anonymous

« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2009, 09:13:49 am »
Cariah hefted one of the bags of ice and slowly emptied it into the water. When the bath was only half full she turned off the taps and waited for Vulcan to adjust to the water before adding a second bag.

'How are you feeling. I don't want you getting a cold or going into shock,' she said, attempting a smile. She tried to find something to talk about other than what was going to happen. Mordecai did do their best to keep their mages "functional" but the idea of Vulcan going into Captain Kaenos's care worried her. If he'd ruined Zelo, he was bound to ruin Vulcan too.

'Have you been under service anywhere before?' she asked.

Anonymous

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:37 pm »
"I feel fine" Vulcan assured "Cold, but I do believe that's the idea." He tried to smile, but it was not a natural action for him. He simply didn't smile much, but then, recently, he hadn't had much reason to.

"Not like a mage, no" Vulcan replied, shifting in the cold water to get comfortable. He didn't seem bothered by it, but then again, if he was bothered by it, the bath would probably be filled with steam rather than water. "I have been confined before, and I have worked for people, but I have never been a slave." And he didn't much like the idea of it either.

"How did you come to be in this position yourself? Taking care of mages and all?" It seemed strange to aspire to be involved with the enslavement of a race...but then, that was his view, not her's. Her's was culturally colored to accept the actions as normal, rather than view them as slavery as he did.

Anonymous

« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2009, 06:21:09 pm »
Cariah nodded and felt his skin with her hand. It still seemed a bit warm so she busied herself by organising the towels and clothing on the trolley. She also had a eat blanket unless he became too cold, but she doubted he would get hypothermia from a cold bath.

'Oh. What happened to you last time you were confined?' she asked.

'I studied nursing,' she said with a shrug. 'I am a nurse; it's my job. I'm sure you've had many in your life also. As for taking care of mages, I could take care of anyone if I wasn't so... nervous. '

Perhaps he meant why did she do the job, she wondered. It had simply been what she had chosen to do and had decided to stick with it. If she made a few lives a bit better in the mean time, all the better.

Anonymous

« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »
Vulcan shrugged casually "They tried stuff to see what would happen, called me a vampire and all sorts of things like that. I guess they were just curious about how a vampire's body worked...I might be too if I were a scientist" He admitted. He didn't seem to bear them any ill will, but then again, to hold grudges for hundreds of years was just stupid.

"Well, I'm glad to have met you at least." Vulcan said with a nod. "I have appriciated your treatment of me. You have been most fair and treated me with kindness."

He was considering asking her for another blood packet, but wasn't sure how to go about it, as it seemed abrubt, and she would possibly find it incredibly creepy. He had when he first started drinking it.

Anonymous

« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2009, 10:38:19 pm »
'What are you if you're not a vampire?' she asked. Surely he would have been able to explain that to the "scientists" if they didn't know what he was. Either that or he was in denial but that didn't seem as probable.

Cariah smiled, 'thankyou. I'm sure a lot of the other people here will be fair to you, you just have to jive them a chance. Don't judge everyone by Tany's actions.'

She reached out and touched his skin again. It finally seemd cool enough so she went over to the trolley and set up the syringe and needle. She tapped lightly on the side of the plastic and allowed a small amount of liquid to dribble out. 'Here goes nothing,' she said as she came over.

Anonymous

« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2009, 07:05:47 am »
"Well, technically, I'm what we called a Kalicrate...it's just another species like anything else. A humanoid species." He shrugged "I suppose for their purposes I was close enough to being a vampire."

"Well, I try not to judge any group of people by one individual, but this has been a rather mixed experience. Several of the nurses have been at least...polite." Not exactly friendly "I haven't met any other mordicai except the one captain."

He watched her work for a moment "What is it that does again?" He had to be prepared for the needle, or his temperature would spike again in defense, and depending on what she was injecting him with, that might possibly be a very good thing.

Anonymous

« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2009, 09:29:18 am »
'I've never heard of a Kalicrate before. Are your kind rare?' she asked. 'What is the difference between you and a vampire?'

Cariah smiled, 'you sure did choose the wrong Mordecai to meet. Most of them treat their mages well, I guess it goes to being linked together all the time. The ones that hate mages have either had bad experiences or they block the link so that they don't get too familiar.'

'This is going to stop you from using your magic. It will only work until morning. Nurse Kelley won't be happy if you weren't fully functioning when she gets in.'

She crouched next to him and reached for his arm. 'This might sting as it's going in but after that you won't feel anything.'

Anonymous

« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2009, 10:24:37 pm »
"Well, depending on who's rendition of a vampire you follow, typically, they can't go in the sun, must feed on blood, have pointy teeth, some of them have to be in coffins with dirt before dawn, others, just avoid the light, some have super strength, some have super speed, some can travel in unconventional ways, some have wings....the list goes on. Me, yes, I drink blood, I usually have pointy teeth, I often prefer night, but I can go out in the sun if I choose to do so. I suppose the main difference is that I am not as dead as a vampire should be, I'm not repelled by vampire charms and I have other, non-vampire abilities...like the body temperature thing" He admitted. "A true vampire is cold and death-like, no pulse, no breathing, no blood pumping through their body." He could of course do without breathing and blood pumping through his body, though he found it horribly unpleasant.

"I'm not really sure if it's a rare species. Humans hated us, felt threatened by us, I suppose, since many of us were stronger than they were. They certainly had a go at controlling us and our numbers. I haven't spoken to another Kalicrate in a good many years now. I didn't keep track of any of them over time." He shrugged. All of his friends were dead as far as he knew, but that just served to remind him how insanely old he was getting.

"Alright, I will let you know now, my body temperature may not be altered by that then." Mostly, the only thing that would be altered, would be his ability to 'command' rock, earth and magma. That was his power. "Wait a moment" He requested, flexing his back and allowing his wings to unfurl a moment. No need to have them trapped in his back. He'd be ready to rip them off by the end of the night if he could just get to them through the skin. His body tended to absorb his wngs while he wasn't using them. "Alright, go ahead" He sat quite still, taking his injection without comment. Not having to worry about causing earthquakes might be nice. No sense in eliminating a settlement if he didn't have to. He hated involving civillians. Generally they had nothing to do with the situation.

"Why would Nurse Kelley be upset if I could not use my powers when she came in?" It seemed control was the goal, and stripping him of his powers certainly seemed like a method of control.

Anonymous

« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:56 pm »
She listened to Vulcan with all her interest as he explained what he was. No wonder the scientists had been interested in him, though she wouldn't say that out loud. 'Vulcan, I want you to do something for me. When you get your Mordecai I want you to do everything they say. Don't get yourself in trouble. You're too nice a person to end up in a TRIM testing lab,' she said when he'd finished. There was also the fact that if he misbehaved he may end up with a more undesirable Mordecai like Kaenos.

Cariah watched in fascination as his wings materialised. She hadn't paid any attention to his wings beforehand and was amazed at how seamlessly the moulded to his body. Once he had settled again she knelt next to him and injected the liquid. 'There, all done. Your magical abilities should get gradually weaker as this spreads through your body. After hat you won't be able to use them until some time in the early morning,' she explained.

'You were to be inducted during her next shift. She wanted you in the same condition as when she left I guess,' she shrugged, hazarding a guess. 'I don't think it has anything to do with your powers exactly, maybe she didn't want any drugs running trough your system when you got the procedure done.'

She got up and removed two towels from the trolley. One she put on the floor and the other she held out for him. 'Er, do you want me to leave the room?' she asked, blushing a pretty shade of pink. She turned away from him and collected a new set of clothes from the trolley, the last thing left on it other than the ice bags.

Anonymous

« Reply #357 on: January 22, 2009, 09:41:02 pm »
Vulcan had his own theories about what would happen if someone tried to forcefully merge minds with him. Chances were, he'd end up killing the both of them since he could already reach into minds without the headband and his body would probably be determined to melt the foreign body off and away. Not to mention he knew he could endure torture for extended periods of time, and he also knew that no organization lasted forever. However, being bound to a mortal seemed worse. After all, if his master, attached to his mind, died, what would that do to him? He died enough on his own, he didn't need to feel anyone else die, and heaven forbid he actually get attached to his master. He'd come close to losing his mind before, he wasn't eager to do it again.

"Don't you worry about me. I'll be fine" He offered one of his awkward smiles to try to reassure her to some degree.

"Well, I suppose, depending on the procedure, maybe they don't want to worry about interactions...or perhaps they need to know exactly what I am capable of doing before they can screw things into my brain." He could only imagine the fires that would be started if someone actually tried to screw anything into his head.

"If you're uncomfortable, I don't mind if you'd rather step out" He said with a shrug. "You're a nurse. I'm sure you've seen more interesting things than an unclothed body anyway." He pointed out. "Where do we go after this?" Good things to know. He wanted to avoid getting her in huge amounts of trouble, but there was only so much control he could have over that. Opportunities might or might not open up with other nurses.

Anonymous

« Reply #358 on: February 16, 2009, 02:23:01 am »
Cariah had wanted to give him a little comfort and kindliness before taking him away. 'It was more for your comfort than mine but I think I'd better stay with you,' she said. Once she thought about it, it wouldn't look good for her to leave the room right before she was meant to take him to be headbanded. 'I'll just turn around.'

Cariah paused. Should she tell him where they were headed. If she did then he'd try to escape. They'd both be in trouble if he did that. People were usually nice to mages but once they were disobedient, there was only so much people could handle before they hurt the mage.

Anonymous

« Reply #359 on: February 16, 2009, 07:52:26 am »
Vulcan dressed, watching her back for the time being, taking her avoidance of telling him where they were going, to mean they were going to be headbanding him in the near future anyway.

"Well, might as well get things overwith" He said with a sigh. He actually hoped they had her pass him off to someone else before they got to head banding, someone not so nice that he wouldn't mind getting fired or punished.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal