Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Testing, Testing, 1, 2 (Clever-fox)  (Read 2378 times)

Brisinger987

Testing, Testing, 1, 2 (Clever-fox)
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:04:50 pm »
Vakar had heard of Section 5 when he was on Teinar. Some peace organisation with lots of money. He had contacted them, and they had wanted to study the nano-suit. So he said he would let them. Couldn't hurt to know more about it.

He was sat in the room for quite a while. Just a standard, high end patient waiting room, like A&E. But more peaceful.

He was waiting for the final results. To know exactly what the extent of the damage was. But he wondered who there was to talk to about what to do after his trip to TRIM to find out what they did. Perhaps mercenary work, or perhaps this would do.

He tapped his foot in time with the clock on the wall. It was nerve wracking still, being in a hospital. He felt like he had done it before. He probably had. But to him, he could only think of waiting for a baby. Maybe he had a son? A wife? Family... But they had been taken long ago. He felt like he was waiting for bad news.

Clever-fox

Re: Testing, Testing, 1, 2 (Clever-fox)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »
Myria's tail was twitching with anticipation. She had come in that morning for a simple pregnancy test, and was eagerly waiting for the results. It was nerve racking, to say the least, but something told her it'd be fine, regardless of the result. She wasn't sure what prompted her to request it, as she was a virgin, and had never even been in any relationships, but something still didn't feel right. That was evidenced by the fact she didn't wear her usual garb, but instead wore a simple white blouse and a long, brown skirt with some open-toe dress shoes.

Looking across the room, she saw a man sitting, tapping his foot, waiting for news, it seemed. Walking over, she sat down next to the stranger, and extended her furry hand, introducing herself as she did.

"I'm Myria, pleasure to meet you."

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:47:41 pm by Clever-fox »

Brisinger987

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:06:17 am »
"Vakar..." He held his hand out and the gown fell off, revealing the cold metal nano-fibres coating his hand. He hated them, but they were useful. They were his own. Custom engineered to his body. Enhancement.

"What you in for?" Vakar spoke with some vindication, but was more clear that he didn't want to be here really. It made him feel like he had memories.

Clever-fox

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:10:44 am »
The question made Myria feel a little nervous, but she answered anyway

"A pregnancy test." She said. She noticed the hand she was shaking. Cold, almost metallic feeling, which was odd, but then she realized that he was wearing a nano-suit.

"So, why are you here?" She asked. She was curious, but if Vakar didn't want to answer, that'd be fine, too. Hospital waiting rooms made everyone nervous.

Brisinger987

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:22:11 am »
"I feel like I'm waiting for really bad news, but I am waiting to see just what TRIM did to me so I can burn their hides to hell and back. Who'd you sleep with? Don't worry, doubt you'll ever see me again. I can keep a secret." Vakar was trying to ease away from the gut feeling he had, the pain of a memory locked away creeping up on him.

Clever-fox

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:44 am »
"I never slept with anyone. I've been a virgin all my life." She honestly. Her job required that, and she wasn't going to let her employers down. Although, if by miraculous means she was indeed pregnant, she wouldn't get an abortion, either, regardless of what her bosses said.

As Myria was pondering what to say next, a nurse came in carrying two clipboards, and there were only two people in the waiting room at the time.

"Alright, results came in for both of you." She said, separating the clipboards. "So, which one of you wants to see them first?"

Brisinger987

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:06 am »
"Can I have mine first please? I know it's rude to butt in and say that but I have this dreadful gut feeling like I'm going to be told both my wife and child died in labour even though I don't know if I am married or not, I just need the peace of mind of knowing." He gave an apologetic look to Myria, trying to make it clear that he was genuinely scared.

He felt sick, to the core, he had been so scared for ages, it was horrible. He had a knot in his stomach and it needed untying. He was going to kill something in a spectacular, gory way otherwise.

Clever-fox

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:09 am »
"Alright, then. If you would please follow me, we can go over your results in private" the nurse said, motioning for Vakar to follow.

"Oh, and sweetie," the nurse said, looking at Myria, "the doctor said he'd like to speak with you personally."

That was a dreadful sign. The only two times a Section 5 doctor would speak with a female patient directly was either because the woman in question was barren and thus unable to have children, or the patient had cancer. Either way, it put a big knot in Myria's gut.

Brisinger987

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:54:33 am »
"I'd like to just hear my results now please nurse, I have to kill every damned TRIM employee I find, so I wanna know just what I need to do to get payback. But if you insist, I will budge. I'm here to be studied, not make a fuss." He sat waiting for the nurse to answer him, and gave Myria a hopeful look.

Clever-fox

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 06:02:54 am »
"Alright. Well, for starters, it's not as bad as you may think." She started, "the nano suit is integrated into your skin, yes, but it appears to be a sort of exoskeleton. An exoskeleton that would be hard to remove, but an exoskeleton nonetheless. To address your concerns as to whether or not you're missing any organs, everything is right where it should be."

She then looked at Myria, who seemed even more anxious to hear the results of her own test, and the nurse didn't blame her. Before Myria could get up, the doctor walked in, and took Myria's clipboard from the nurse, and sat down next to the vulpine strategist.

Brisinger987

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 06:07:23 am »
He felt the knot untie itself, and felt like he could breathe again. He'd got some good news for once.

"And the nanites? How extensive is their work?" Vakar asked before the nurse left.

"They are irremovable. The nanites are attached to the very fibres of your muscles, your heart, your blood cells." The nurse was a bit more solemn with that bit of information.

Clever-fox

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 06:17:35 am »
Myria listened in, and was somewhat relived to see Vakar's good news. However, her own heart was racing as she awaited the doctor's voice. He was old, but had a gentle completion about him, so ethign that made Myria calm down a little.

"Myria, you said when we began this test you were a virgin, is that correct?" he asked, wanting to confirm the sated fact.

"Yes, doctor, I am." She answered.

"Well, Myria, to the surprise of everyone, even myself..... " He said, his voice solemn and concerning.
What the doctor said next would be among the most memorable moments of her life.

"You better figure out what your going to name your new baby!" He said. He showed Myria the clipboard, but she didn't need to see it. Myria's eyes were watering with tears of joy. She didn't even care how it happened, she just knew she'd be a mother soon.

But then, another thought crossed her mind. My bosses are not going to be happy....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:23:10 am by Clever-fox »

Brisinger987

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 06:25:28 am »
"Well done." Vakar thought of something.

"Anything there that has been cut out? My brain is intact? I just have severe amnesia, can't remember anything from before TRIM. Before I escaped anyway. If you can cure my amnesia, I will stay and help in any way I can you know. I'm a good soldier, follow orders well, give good commands. I'm efficient." He was just trying to solve his memory problems, but if that meant he owed these people a favour or service, he would do it.

Clever-fox

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 06:30:29 am »
"No, there's nothing missing from your brain" the nurse said. The doctor, having given the most joyful news Myria had ever heard in her life, went over to the nurse, and continued.

"However... Vakar, is it? Well, you see, nothing is missing from your brain, but through some dicey surgery, they were able to block off your memories. It is fairly simple to repair, although you may not like what might be your former life." The doctor said,

"And, if you wish to join Section 5, you can talk to that fine young lady over there" he added, gesturing towards Myria, who was still weeping in joy from the news she received a few seconds earlier.

Brisinger987

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 06:34:33 am »
"I would do anything to get my memory back. I don't care if I don't like it, that's better than not knowing at all." Vakar had just agreed to surgery from some weird organisation who called themselves section 5. Wonderful.

Clever-fox

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 06:53:17 am »
"Well, see, we don't normally have the equipment necessary for any kind of brain surgery, but it doesn't take but a week to get it in." The doctor explained, "So you'll have to wait until next week for the surgery. Until then, you can talk to Ms. Elveti over there about getting a job with Section 5."

Myria had calmed down by now, at least, she wasn't crying, but she was still happy about the new baby. Of course though, Section 5 didn't have maternity leave, at lest, not to her knowledge, so she'd have to work that out with The Director himself. But, when she heard the doctor mention her name to Vakar for recruiting, her mind snapped back to the matter at hand.

Brisinger987

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 06:56:13 am »
"Hey, Myria, looking for a new super-squaddie?" Vakar asked her with a grin.

"Cause it's showtime for me..."

Clever-fox

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 06:59:43 am »
"Well, I suppose we could use some new field agents" she said, her tone more formal than before, "My office is just across the lot. Would you mind waiting until tomorrow for an interview? I'm still taking in everything."

Brisinger987

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 07:03:59 am »
"Of course. As long as I can snap some TRIM necks for what they did to me." Vakar cracked the nano-suit's knuckles, which were covers for his own.

"Cause they took everything from me. Now I wanna take everything from them."

Clever-fox

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 07:20:37 am »
The day passed with relatively nothing else notable happening. The next day, however was different. Myria walked to work from her apartment everyday, and today was no different. However, her attire was. Instead of the casual, laid back outfit she wore off duty, today she wore her usual outfit; the black cargo pants, combat boots, white blouse, and the black greatcoat. With the officer's hat she wore on her head, she really looked the part of Captain.

Walking into the recruitment office, she waved politely at the secretary, and continued to an office she had reserved the previous day. Closing the blinds for secrecy, she heard a knock at the door. Upon opening it, she saw the one man she hoped she wouldn't have to talk to anytime soon: The Director.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal