Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: House of The Rising Sun [RhiMuffinLady]{Complete!}  (Read 1805 times)

Anonymous

House of The Rising Sun [RhiMuffinLady]{Complete!}
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
Kyra Alyse sat out in a desert with a few other mages sitting in a circle. This planet had been far better for her than any other she'd been on. Kyra had found herself friends and even students, something she never thought she'd be able to say she had. She wasn't normally one to teach.

She looked forward at Zados, one of the first she met here. His blonde hair was almost glowing in the bright sun of the desert. He never closed his eyes when he was supposed too. He always watched her. Zados had let her stay in his house and told her his story. He had lived in Edanith and somehow got away, she never asked for the story. Now, he could never control his own powers. He always told the other four that it was comforting to be around people who could.

There were three besides him sitting with her. Two sisters and a young boy they had stolen from his parents. They had been planning to sell him to the highest bidder back on Edanith. His name was Nicholas, his brow was furrowed as he squinted his eyes closed. She had been trying to teach them meditation. She only knew magic from the point of fire. Kyra often found it very chaotic. When she was younger she had exploded a few things here and there, including but not limited to her father's hair. Oh his face had been so funny!

She turned her eyes back to Zados again who was looking past her she tried to connect eyes with him, Kyra couldn't read his facial expression. Then she heard the crunch of a heavy boot behind her. Her eyes went wide and she spun around seeing Taros a bounty hunter. His arms were the dead give-away. Cyborg. She narrowed her eyes rising to her feet.

"Well a gather to study the occult as the town says. Seems pretty damn tame to me." She heard Nicholas shoot to his feet and Kyra put an arm out to stop him.

"We aren't Occult!" She covered his mouth and handed him to the closest girl. Then the other girl spoke.

"We are just a..." Taros waved his hand cutting her off.

"I'm not interested in defenses. Only Kyra." He pointed right at her. She felt panic rising in her stomach.

"What does a bounty hunter scum want with a girl like me?" She was clenching her fists. She'd been bullied by so many like him.

"Be careful hon, you might give yourself away." She started to concentrate on her power but he pointed a gun to quickly and she saw four shots of something shoot out of the barrels.

-----

She woke up chained and woozy, her whole vision was blurry. The lights and black metal of a ship were blurring together as her eyes fluttered. She could recognize Zados's hair even in this horrible vision.

"He can't even use his magic anymore why would you take him asshole!" She was biting her lip and she heard Taros unbuckle himself from a seat her vision still blurry. He walked right over to her lighting a cigarette as he spoke to her.

"You might not be able to see this, but he ain't chained like you are Kyra." Her eyes went wide realizing what this meant. He was never a mage...

She had been betrayed she reached for her power again but found she couldn't feel a tendril. She looked up at Taros terrified.

"What did you do to me?" The bounty hunter smiled and leaned in next to her.

"That little blur in your mind give us humans quite a kick in the pants. However with mages, like yourself, it all deals with holdign back that pesky power."

"I haven't done a thing! Why would I have a bounty on my head?" He grinned and leaned back.

"Maybe someone just thought you need a trip home Alyse." She hissed as he spoke her last name. Then she thought for a moment and realized what he meant. She looked out the glass pane across from her next to Zados's head and saw the edge of a planet.

Edanith...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:28:39 pm by Anonymous »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Always the errand boy.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:19:20 pm »
[xD Hope you don't mind my assuming things in this post! If this isn't okay, just poke me and I'll edit stuffs!]

Another mage was coming in. Some bounty hunter had picked it up somewhere or somesuch and, as it was a reputable enough bounty hunter Edanith had had relations with in the past, a Mordecai had been dispatched to the ship to go pick her up and finalize the deal. Luka had volunteered to go. Wasn't much else to do, considering he was stuck back here in Edanith while Nacrus and two Mordecai went off to mingle with the Libra, and he wasn't part of the fleet forming a blockade between here and Earth. That pretty much left him with being bored out of his mind. Ugh. Mordecai. Such an honored skill and position, yet it was because of it that he was left feeling utterly useless time and time again. After all, Mordecai didn't grow on trees, neither did mages, and both were too valuable to just behave as common soldiers.

Bah.

So, there he was, in a cruiser hovering around the bounty hunter's craft. It hadn't taken long to reach, close to the planet as it was, and Luka wasted no time in opening up a comm link between his vessel and the other. He cleared his throat. "Luka Keys, Mordecai, requesting permission to board," he said, drumming his fingers on the arm of the pilot's seat as he waited for a response. Who knew about these bounty hunters; he'd never known any himself, but he imagined them to be paranoid, so maybe the guy'd want to board his cruiser instead, or do an online transaction and just boot the mage over to him. Who knew, didn't really matter to him.

Might as well add that in. Couldn't hurt.

"...Or not board. Whatever. I mean I've just come to pick up the mage. How do you want to do this and how much do you want for it?" He winced a little at that word. It. But what else was he supposed to call it? He didn't know the mage's gender yet, not his fault. "I'll have to have a look at it first before we can negotiate a price, of course." Some mages just weren't worth buying if their only magical skill was conjuring up toothpicks out of thin air, handy as that may be in a restaurant. "But if you prefer we can do the transaction electronically and you can just send me the mage's picture through our link, and tell me what you know about it."

He stretched in his seat, arms over his head and back arching until he felt a few satisfying "pops". He hadn't even been sitting that long but he already felt fidgity and restless...as well as curious. Hrm. If the mage was worth buying (with Edanith's money, of course), maybe he'd claim it. First dibs and all, and he did need a replacement.

Guess he'd find out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: House of The Rising Sun [RhiMuffinLady]
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:07:20 pm »
Taros smiled and guided the ship a little closer to the Mordecai. The guy sounded a little nervous. Perhaps he was scared of bounty hunters. Taros pressed a couple buttons then the comm link.

"You can come on over Luka. We can discuss price once you see her." He heard Kyra rattling and grunting from in the back of the ship and turned to look at her, still holding the comm link down.

"Let me the hell out of here now." Taros's eyes widened and he sneered at her. Which made her rattle against the bars harder and angrier. She was practically growling at Taros and the person who use to be her friend. She was still reaching for the power that she couldn't quite find. She proceeded to curse under her breath as she pulled on her chains.

"As you can see she's a little feisty. Her magic is controlled though. For the moment." He walked from the control board to the back of the by the door hitting a few buttons preparing to board. Kyra's eyes were slits as she stared at him and she was breathing heavy from the effort.

"You're scum." Taros grabbed a set of handcuffs and walked over to her unsnapping and snapping them pressing a few buttons on them.

"Where exactly are you going to go if you get out Kyra. There's two of us, your magic is worthless at the moment and you're in space."

"I'll find you later Taros." He walked away from her snapping the cuffs closed as he helf them.

"I'm sure you will."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:48:24 am »
Luka held back a chuckle. "Sounds like she's got spirit. I like that." Fiesty all right. She sounded like a regular firecracker, but that was fine by him. Some Mordecai liked the subdued ones, the ones that never gave you any lip and just shuffled their feet, bowed their heads, and did as they were told. Those ones, the broken ones, always bothered him. He'd had one or two under his command before and it always made him feel like a monster. Nah, give him the ones that screamed and swore and raised unholy hell over the ones that just stared straight ahead all glossy-eyed and blank.

They were less like living puppets and more like conscious individuals. And come on, if you were going to be hooked up to someone for a while, it was nice if you could actually carry on a two-way conversation. Not to mention there was value in a mage that could think for his or herself; one had saved his life.

He winced a little. That still stung, losing that kid. Moving on, though.

This sounded promising. Hopefully this girl's skill with magic matched her bark, but there was only one way to find out.

"Alright, I'll be over in a sec," he said and closed the comm link. He saw the other ship opening up in preparation for him to board, an airlocked 'bridge' of sorts extending toward his craft, and he carefully maneuvered his vehicle into position. Tapping a few buttons on the control panel, a door on the outside of his craft slid open, opening up into an equally airlocked room that was sectioned off from the rest of the cruiser to prevent any air leaking out. Another series of quick commands, and a mechanism slid out from the cruiser that would allow the bridge to hook up to his craft. He had to nudge his vessel just a little closer before the two could meet, and it jolted to a halt when the connection was finally made.

He powered down his craft--no use wasting energy when it wasn't in use, right?--then stood up, stretched again, and flipped off the safety of the gun at his thigh. Even if Edanith had dealt with the guy before, he wasn't taking any chances.

It didn't take long to get over onto the other side, and it didn't take long to find the mage, either. He could hear her speaking the moment he entered and his eyes followed the noise to where she was held and Taros was currently snapping handcuffs onto her. Luka paused and tilted his head, watching for a moment, before clearing his throat to announce his presense.

"So, that the one?" he asked when he'd gotten Taros' attention, brown eyes scanning her up and down--as well as the cage around her and handcuffs on her wrists. "How are you holding her magic at bay? What can she do?" No use fluffing things up. Time to just get down to business so he could get back to Tynova.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 02:37:16 am »
Taros look up as Luka stepped into the ship. He looked him over once then gave a small smile and returned to checking the restraints on Kyra. Taros was having himself a small chuckle and the look that was occupying the mage's face.

Who upon seeing Luka step into the ship had gone silent. She felt the world crashing down around her like rubble. Her heart beat faster against her chest like it was trying to get out. She turned her head away from him gritting her teeth refusing to show any sign of submission. Taros shook his head at her.

"Her magic is being held by a drug." He looked at her again and she made eye contact with Taros giving him a look of utter hate and revulsion as he spoke to the Mordecai. Taros's smile stayed like cement. Taros found that he still respected her through all of this. She was quite a catch, and those are the kinds that keep fightin' even after you have them on the boat. He made eye contact with her for a moment really, not the fake smile crap he normally held. "It should wear off in the next twenty-four hours, probably less for her." He paused for a moment and handed over the read out of the bounty to Luka. "Her magic generally deals in fire, and she's quite far progressed having been on the outside for some time and with plenty of mage like unrestricted fun."

Kyra's eyes turned to look at the Mordecai almost looking like they held fire. She wanted to pass on the message that she wasn't going to roll over and die. And she wasn't going to be a plaything, by her choosing anyway.

Taros met Luka's eyes again.

"She's gonna be real fun for ya."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:07:40 pm »
"I see," Luka said, pursing his lips thoughtfully. Fire. So chances were she'd be used in battle, blow crap up and all that. Edanith could always use more of those, and judging by what he saw of her attitude she certainly looked like a fighter. Nope, Luka had no intention of breaking someone as spirited as her; that would just be counter-productive. Instead, he could work with her and help her channel that attitude into something useful.

Oh dear, he was already thinking like he'd claimed her. Guess it was official: she'd be his new Mordecai.

The mage looked at him and Luka met her eyes with his own pale brown ones and offered up a little smile that was as calm as her expression was hate-filled. He could already predict some turbulent days and nights ahead of them, but that was half the fun. It would certainly give him something to do. "I like her. I'll take her. Name your price--within reason--and I'll have the amount transferred into your name. In the meantime, I'd like to get her over onto my ship. Less than twenty-four hours, you say? I don't want to take any chances. I have a device on my ship that'll temporarily keep her magic at bay should it wear off, but I'd like to get her back to Tynova as soon as possible so she can have her...procedure."

He gave the mage another glance. It was a shame about those headbands. Such ugly things and she had a pretty face. He didn't really like wearing his own headband, either, but at least he could take it off. Eugh. The thought of having it attached to his skull always kind of creeped him out, but if the mages could just remove them, there would be issues.

Luka realized he was absently rubbing at his forehead and quickly stopped, letting his hand drop back down at his side and his brown hair flop back into his eyes. He shook his head to get them out of the way. "What's your name, girl?"

That was said directly to the mage this time, and he gave her another little smile.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:17:12 pm »
"Girl?" She stretched out the word as she spoke it as if she was half asleep. It disgusted her to be referred to like that. Her voice sounded like just that simple word made her want to vomit and laugh. Kyra's anger stopped and cold blind fear took over her veins for a minute.

The Procedure.

The words hit her like ice in a syringe shot straight into her, like a dagger going somewhere soft. She was going to loose everything. It was the worst handicap she could have ever imagine, and here she was facing it now, something no one born with a gift like this should ever face. Even if she found a way to get out she was screwed. Those headbands were going to cage her. She watched horrified at the man rubbed his head.

Taros grinned yet again. This girl was a fighter. She refused to even give her name, just for the sake of being stubborn. Even if they did get the headband on her, she'd still give them as much trouble as possible. The thought pleased him. It would be a ton of fun to hear about her exploits later.

Kyra was staring at Luka, observing him. In his eyes and face he seemed softer than she had expected. However, she wouldn't trust just a kind face in a million years. It was probably one of the reasons they hired people like him, to get the mages to let their guard down. He wasn't treating her like trash as she was anticipating either though. That smile had something more in it, like maybe he cared that she was human too...but it could all be a trick, she had to remember not to get sucked in.

The cyborg's hands moved across a keypad, she had never seen one before however Kyra could spot her name and picture from across the room, with a sum underneath. Must have been the Bounty card. Taros's cigarette covered voice cut into the room again.

"Hopefully this will be fine." Then he turned his eyes away from Luka and to her and she bared her teeth at him. He shook his head and arched a brow at her. "I hope that if you get out, I have the privilege of hunting you again." Kyra spit in the direction of his shoes, and was glaring at him like she wanted laser eyes. She turned her eyes back to Luka though, as if deciding something.

"My name isn't girl. It's Kyra Alyse."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:12:45 pm »
Luka gave a small laugh, amused. Poor thing sure was snappy. "I figured your name wasn't girl. That's why I asked your name," he said with a smile, taking the bounty card from Taros and looking it over. It was a reasonable amount, he guessed. He wasn't usually the one making the business deals, so he'd just have to go with his gut and he was willing to pay the sum. Kyra was young, looked healthy enough, and if the information on the card was true...she'd be a good asset. If she'd been older and in poor health, he would have had to haggle a bit.

"That'll do," he said, drawing a small electronic device out of his pocket and entering a series of commands, glancing at the card to make sure he was entering the correct amount. He'd been given the device and instructions on how to use it when he'd been sent out to meet with Taros. When he was finished, he held the device out for Taros to take. "Just enter your account information and press 'OK', and you'll be set. The amount will go directly there. Then if you would help me get her to my ship, I'd be most obliged. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep the handcuffs. On her. Safety procaution and all."

He turned back to Kyra then and looked her over, head tilted slightly to the side before he flicked one of his thin braids back over his shoulder. With Taros busy and the business part taken care of, he could focus on her. Whatever feud was between she and Taros, he didn't care. It wasn't his problem and from this day on it wouldn't be hers, either. She'd just have to accept her place, forget the past, and look forward. That was all there was to it.

The spitting, though...Luka wrinkled his nose. He sure wouldn't tolerate that on his ship. She did that and she'd be cleaning it up herself along with the rest of the ship.

"So...Kyra Alyse, is it?" Luka repeated, getting a feel for the name. He smiled and gave a short nod, starting to pace in front of where she was held. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kyra. I'm Luka Keys, but just call me Luka, of course. You and I are going be spending a lot of time together after today."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 02:34:50 pm »
Kyra observed Luka silently as he handed money over for her life, her magic, her whole existence like it was completely normal. She didn't feel like that should ever be an every day thing. Taros nodded as Luka asked for the handcuffs and his help.

"I don't mind at all." He walked over to hit a couple buttons and type in his account number and leave the things sitting in his seat. He glanced over at Zados and her eyes followed his. She had forgotten he was there. Luka distracted her though as he walked in front of her. She rolled her eyes at him she couldn't believe he sounded happy about that.

"Oh and I am so excited." The sarcasm dripped off her words. He seemed so cheerful about taking something so big away from her. Taking away the feeling of being at home in her own body. It made her stomach just feel wrong.

She turned her attention back to Taros as he got near her with the new shackles for her hands and feet.  Could this be her chance? She sighed in her mind already knowing the answer. Three to One without her magic weren't good odds. As they started to move her to her new restraints she eyed the back of Zados's head.

"ZADOS! You're going to let them do this to me?! We've been through so much." She felt emotion breaking through her touch walls she had built from sarcasm and ice. Her eyes started to water and then tears streamed down her face as Zados stood up and looked at her with just a blank expression on his face.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:27 pm »
Aww, it was the worst when they started to cry...

Luka hadn't seen much of that before. The mages he had dealt with in the past had always been more accustomed to that lifestyle, so there really hadn't been any tears. As Kyra yelled at the other man and tears ran down her face, Luka felt a small pang of sympathy. So she'd been betrayed. How unfortunate. It wasn't his problem, though, and there was nothing he could do about it, and even if he could, he wouldn't. She was a mage, and this was all for the greater good. Besides, she was a lucky mage, even if she didn't know it yet, because he was claiming her now and he liked to think he was a fair and kind Mordecai.

He wouldn't treat her poorly--but he would be firm with her.

Still, tears. No matter what she was, he never liked seeing anyone cry. She was still a person, and she was hurting.

"It'll be alright," he told her quietly as Taros fastened the shackles and hand cuffs, and when that was done and the transaction was complete, he tucked the data pad away back into his pocket and laid a hand on Kyra's arm in an almost reassuring gesture. Looking to Taros, he gave the man a nod. "Thank you. It was good doing business with you," he said. "I'll take her off your hands now. Come on, Kyra."

His fingers wrapped around her arm then, firmly, and he began to walk toward the bridge connecting Taros' ship to his, steering Kyra along. If she resisted, he would drag her if that's what it took, or sling her over a shoulder if she was especially unruly, but he was hoping she'd just follow him like a civilized human and not make a scene. There was no point in resisting; hopefully she would figure that out, considering she was bound and helpless at the moment.

[Complete! Continuance: Here.]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal