Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Rescue me from boredom. [Shinigamikitsune/open!]  (Read 832 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Rescue me from boredom. [Shinigamikitsune/open!]
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:36 pm »
Boring. Dull. That's what the Biological Containment Facility was.

Matt sighed and rolled over onto his back, arms folded under his black-haired head, so he could stare up at the ceiling and try and make patterns out of its inconsistencies, just to pass the time. Today, he was supposed to meet his new 'partner', his Mordecai--or the newest one, at least. He had had a few before this over the years, but they had been reassigned to different mages for various reasons. That happened sometimes. Some mages kept the same Mordecai their whole life, others got passed around.

Oh well. It kinda sucked, though, when everything got switched up just when you were really starting to get to know someone and get all comfortable and secure in your routine.

Stretching out and yawning widely, Matt sat up in bed, finding the game of picture-seeking equally dull. Ugh, if there was one benefit to having a Mordecai, it was that it meant getting out of this shithole and seeing the outside world.

And he had to admit, Edani civilization was fascinating--even if he'd wound up on the wrong end of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

shinigamikitsune

Re: Rescue me from boredom. [Shinigamikitsune/open!]
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:30:34 pm »
Yukio couldn't help but be a bit nervous as he walked down the halls. Today he was finally receiving his first mage. He should have had his first years ago, but was held back because of this weird ability he had. Initially the Edani had believed it to be a form of sorcery. However, after exstensive testing, that theory was laid to rest and he was allowed to continue with his training.

Nobody had been able to explain why he was able to call forth creatures from the Shadow Realm. He'd been able to do it since he was little, and had become quick friends with two of them. Those two seemed to have chosen him, for whatever reason, and would come as soon as he called. He wasn't sure if their kind had names for each other, but he decided to name them Tenshi and Akuma.

While these two Shadow Creatures where his best friends, it wasn't something that he told many people about. Nor did he summon them forth with other people around, unless he absolutely had to.

He'd decided to leave Tenshi and Akuma within their realm for this. After all, he could use their existance to his advantage if need be. He'd read the file on this mage. Matt had been an outsider mage, a soldier captured, then discovered he was a mage. He'd been a trouble maker at the beginning, though had settled down. Yukio doubted that it was because that the mage had given up on escaping. Most likely he was just biding his time and waiting for the right oppertunity.

When he reached the door he stopped and took a deep breath. This was it, and part of him almost wanted either one of his Shadow Beasts to be with him for support, but he refrained from calling one forth. He could do this, he was a mordecai. Exceptionally trained, and more then capable of taking care of himself.

He opened the door and stepped inside. His crystal blue eyes quickly locating and looking Matt over. He was surprised to see that he was taller then the older man, even if it was just by a couple inches.

"Good morning Matt. My name is Yukio and I am to be your new Mordecai."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:24:09 pm »
The door opened, and Matt sat up straight and raised his eyes to meet the person that entered, squinting against the brighter light before his eyes adjusted. When he could see again and the man before him was no longer a dark silhouette but a human with defined features, he had to blink a couple of time to make sure he still wasn't seeing colored sunspots. Whoa...weird hair. And his new Mordecai too, huh? Matt reached up and scratched at his forehead, just below the silver band imprisoning him, and tilted his head. Huh. Most Edani he hung around looked more conservative, but then again his definition of conservative was a lot different from an Edani's.

Anyway, that Yukio was a Mordecai--his Mordecai--came as no surprise, since he had been informed that he would be getting a new one today and the only people that came here much were guards and, well...Mordecai. Face relaxed and placid, he let his hazel eyes roam over the other man, away from his weird hair, up and down from head to toe and up again, making a quick assessment and snap judgment of him, just like he did with anyone he met. He didn't care if the other man--Yukio, was it?--noticed, either. No need to try and hide anything, not when you were being watched already, and people tended to be more suspicious of actions they couldn't see.

Matt liked to save subtlety for when it was important.

Fixing his eyes on Yukio's face and smiling when he was done, he leaned forward and extended his hand in greeting. "Yukio, huh? I'm Matt. Matthew Torres, but just call me Matt. Nice to meetcha, I hope you're not a dick." He gave a little wink and a cheeky grin. "Not saying you are, of course. So, you gonna let me out of here, eh? I'm going stir crazy here. I've gotten kinda bored of walls."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:04:54 pm »
Yukio couldn't help the faint blush that rose in his cheeks as Matt scrutenized him. He knew that he should be use to it by now, but he couldn't help that reaction when it came from somebody new. As he shook Matt's offered hand,  he reached out to form the connection that would bind Matt as his mage. He couldn't help but feel a little nervous as he did so.

"A dick?" He blinked a couple of times. He certainly hadn't expected to be asked something like that. "I... don't think I am." Nobody had ever called him that before, so he probably wasn't. Then again he did spend a lot of time to himself and with his shadow creatures.

"I've made the arrangements so that you will be staying with me. I have a room set up for you, along with some different cloths." The blandness of the uniforms that unbound mages were made to wear were rather dull. Yukio didn't think he could stand to be around somebody who wore them all the time. Plus he figured that an outsider mage would probably like to wear something else as well.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:33:46 pm »
Matt furrowed his brow when he felt the connection lock into place, but other than that he showed no reaction, didn't try to fight it as he had the first time he'd felt a foreign presence in his head. He'd gotten used to it. Withdrawing his hand, he leaned back on his hands and smirked at Yukio's reaction. The guy looked so nervous, which wasn't something he'd seen in many Mordecai. Most handled their mages with the practiced ease that came from years of experience with a familiar routine. This guy just seemed awkward.

Then again, he supposed not many were used to the flat out bluntness Matt liked to dish out--at least, not as far as mages went. There were a lot of broken and submissive mages.

Still smirking, he listened to Yukio and raised an eyebrow when he mentioned those arrangements. Huh. Cool. Real clothes and a room that wasn't this? He could go for that.

"Nice," he said, then pushed up off the bed and stood up, stretched his arms over his head and arched his back until it popped. Then he rolled his shoulders and went about cracking his knuckles, one joint at a time. "It's about time I had a change of scenery, and these clothes are so outdated. Not that Edanith is known for its high fashion, but really...enough talk, why don't you show me, huh?" He didn't care that Yukio was in charge--he'd talk to the man like an equal, dammit, just like he did with all his other Mordecai and anyone else he met. It might get him in trouble, but fuck if he cared. It was nice to pretend he had some control and normalcy in his life.

He stepped around Yukio and made for the closed door, then leaned against the wall next to it and waited. "We going or what? Oh yeah, by the way..." He smiled and winked at Yukio. "I wouldn't happen to be your first, would I?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »
Yukio was moving to open the door when Matt said something that made him pause, and blush madly. He knew it wasn't intended the way it sounded, but he couldn't help his face from heating up. He cleared his throat and moved to open the door. "Yes. You're my first mage."

So not only was his mage a former soldier, but it seemed a pervert as well. Whomever had decided to assign him this mage was probably thinking they were being funny. Oh well, he'd deal with it. After all he was just happy that he finally was being assigned a mage.

He opened the door and stepped through it, knowing that Matt would follow him. "Tomorrow we will begin our assigned duties within the agriculture district." Yukio wasn't too worried about the assignment, even if it was on th outskirts of the settlement. Not only would Matt be used to help with the crops, but Yukio was to help keep them from being attacked by scavengers. Of course Matt didn't need to know about Yukio's purpose just yet.

Matt would notice that Yukio didn't keep as tight of mental reigns on him like  his past Mordecai have. Which could be attributed to the fact that the was  his first mage. At least one would assume at this point.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »
A blush! Hah. Someone had a dirty mind, and it sure wasn't Matt--oh, wait, yes it was. Matt pretended not to notice, only smiled wryly and nodded. "Interesting. I'm sure we'll just have a blast together." Too easy, it was way too easy with this one. Then again, the guy was Edani; Aedolians like him weren't prudish in the least, not except for a few anomalies. There wasn't much room for prudery in a hedonistic society.

The door opened, and Matt wasted no time in following Yukio out. He strolled alongside him, straight-backed with his arms at his sides, an equal as opposed to a slave. Damn it felt good to get out of that kennel, and-- "What? Agriculture? Are you shittin' me?" he snapped, jerked out of his happier thoughts. He didn't stop walking but he did gape at Yukio, eyebrows riding clear up to his hairline. "We're farming?"

Agriculture district. Sure sounded like farm labor to him.

Him. Experienced soldier, trained by Aedolis' best.

And he was going to be farming.

Lovely.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:28 am »
Yukio said nothing about the way that Matt followed along with him. Sure Matt was his mage, a slave, but that didn't mean he was going to treat him as one. He didn't even treat his shadow beasts, Tenshi and Akuma, that way. They were more companions and friends. It had worked so far, so why change what worked with handling his mage.

"Yes, it is basicly farm work. More specifically, you'll be handling the irrigation for the time being." It wasn't the most glamourous assignment, but it was still of high importance. After all, failed crops meant less food to go around, and that was not something they could afford at this stage.

"We'll be moving into the temporary accomidations while we are out there for the duration of our assignments. So if there is anything you want or need in way of supplies, now would be a good time to tell me." Three week rotations for going to the agriculture district, then three weeks back. This should be fun.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 07:36:58 pm »
Matt couldn't help but let out a wry, bitter laugh. "Irrigation. Of course," he said with a roll of his eyes. "That sounds positively enthralling. Nope, can't think of anything I'd need, though, 'cept maybe a pair of overalls and a straw hat. Geez. Never thought I'd be doing farm work."

And he was not looking forward to it. He might die of boredom. Yet on the sunny side of the moon, at least he would be outside and that was one thing he could say he enjoyed about Edanith. The one and only thing, in fact. The outdoors. The grass. He didn't like it that much at first--it was filthy and disgusting and grass was weird and itchy--but it had grown on him after a while. Being able to walk outdoors and breathe fresh air without a mask or a protective dome overhead was kind of novel.

But still not worth this.

"Wherever we're going, I hope they already have a water supply. Just as an FYI, I can't magic water out of thin air, I can only control what's already there. Just sayin'. Oh! Actually, now that I think of it, you said anything I could think of. Do you really mean anything? Because I could use some clothes."

He flashed a sidelong grin at Yukio. Might as well drop some of the snark and take advantage if he really meant that. It wasn't what he really wanted, but it would nice.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 03:28:09 pm »
"I've already read your profile, so I know that you are unable to create water. Which is just fine since there are other mages who can." Yukio kept a soft smile on his lips as he listened to the mage prattle on. It seemed that Matt must have been a 'people person' during his life before being captured.

"Yes. I did mean anything, including cloths." Which the mordecai was thankful for. In all honesty he hated the drab colors of the mage uniforms. Having a mage that hadn't been born into the Edanith society would be nice, even if this mage was a flight risk, and a bit of a pervert. Yukio honestly didn't know if he would be able to work with a mage that was like one of those mages that had been beaten down until their spirit broke, and were now just like mindless slaves. Yukio held no respect for mordecai who treated their mages like that. Sure they weren't considered citizens, but that didn't mean that they could be treated poorly. After all, even animals had certain rights to ensure that they were well looked after.

"Also, once we reach our destination, we will be given our own private residence there during our assignment."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal