Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Friendship Founded on Business [godsibb and Pancake]  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Flakeblood

Re: Friendship Founded on Business [godsibb and Pancake]
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:00 pm »
Kotone complied with both of their requests, filling one as much as her own and the other almost to the top. She then set the ladle aside and covered the steaming pot with the lid before setting the bowls in front of them both. "Here."

Her eyes lingered on Sophia, but they eventually moved to Felix, a small grin finally crossing her face again. She went back to grab her own bowl and spoon, remembering her soda as well, and settled down to eat with them.

"I'll start fixing up the cake in just a bit," she promised, blowing on a spoonful of stew before sticking it in her mouth.

It wasn't bad, considering it hadn't marinated yet. A few red peppers would have added a subtle kick to it though. She made a mental note to try it out next time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 07:01:31 pm »
"Thanks!"

Carefully pushing any vegetables he saw to the side, Felix scooped up a big spoonful of the stew and enthusiastically began eating, forgetting to blow on it. Naturally, it was extremely hot, but after a bit of flailing and a huge gulp of ginger ale, he managed to swallow the stew down. Sucking in air quickly to cool down his tongue, he grinned.

"It’s hot. But really good!"

Pancake

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
"Thank you," she echoed, as well as that following that, she almost made the same mistake. However, Felix had easily beat her to it, and she watched the frantic flailing for a moment, not too sure what to make of it but not especially surprised, either.

"... I'm going to learn from that and wait for the soup to cool a bit... " Sophia said softly, stirring the soup instead. She didn't especially dislike vegetables, at least, but they still weren't her favorite like sweets were.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:21 am »
Her guests' flailing was pretty amusing, she had to admit. She had grown up with scalding food, so she kept forgetting others didn't feel the same way. The stew carved a path of heat all the way to her stomach, warming her from the inside. Her skin tingled as the blood pumped closer to her skin in an effort to dispel the extra warmth. She enjoyed food that heated her throat and flushed her skin; it made her feel alive.

She smirked. "Suit yourselves. Don't care either way."

She'd be making the cake soon, so they might as well be still eating rather than sitting, bored. Another spoonful left her bowl nearly empty, so she decided to finish off her ginger ale before baking.

"So Felix," she started, still sipping at her drink, "Where exactly did you drag her from?"

Kotone glanced at Sophia before focusing on her drummer again. Hopefully, it hadn't been anything too important... or personal. Every now and then--who was she kidding, quite often he was oblivious to what people thought of him, especially on a first meeting. He'd drag them off or start following them around without a thought as to whether they wanted him to. She didn't care anymore, it was part of her life, but she wanted to know why Sophia let herself be pulled all the way here.
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:20 am »
Felix, who was busy trying to peer down at his tongue, looked up at Kotone when he heard her address him. Slipping the body part back into his mouth, he grinned excitedly, eager to answer the question.

"Like, from right outside the buildin’! She was jus’ walkin’ down the street! Super lucky, huh?" The drummer gave a joyous smile to Sophia, bouncing a little in his seat. "Lemme tell ya, I’ve wanted ya to be in the band for a real real long long time, y’know, ever since I firs’ heard ya playin’ with your other group! So when I saw ya on the street, I jus’ had to ask ya to join!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »
"Yeah, super lucky." Her words were coated in sarcasm, but Kotone couldn't hide the smile at his enthusiasm.

She stood up, leaving Sophia to answer the exuberant drummer, though she did stay in hearing range. She started grabbing ingredients from the closest cupboards, as well as measuring tools. Into the biggest bowl went the dry elements: flour, baking soda, cinnamon... She measured and mixed more ingredients until they were one homogenous mass.
Eventually, she left the bowl on the counter in order to grab some other components, like butter and an egg, from the fridge. Ah, and maybe some apple juice to give the taste more depth. All the while, she listened to the other two people in her apartment.

How Felix had recognized Sophia off-stage was beyond her. Kotone knew for a fact that getting dressed up for a concert made you look almost like someone else entirely. Then again, the only people who's appearances she actively noticed, besides herself, were the others in her band. She likely wouldn't have recognized Sophia as Ragna even if she had known her better.

The question was how the new girl would fit into the band, if she accepted. Kotone was still apprehensive. Well, she'd trust Felix. It was his band, and he'd done well enough without her cynical outlook on potential members.
She threw the final ingredient, blackberries, into the large bowl and began folding them into the sticky batter.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal