Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Om nom nom, cheeseburger. [open!]  (Read 568 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Om nom nom, cheeseburger. [open!]
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »
"So, uh, just to be sure I'm sure I'm getting you correctly, you want your patty rare? Browned around the edges, pink inside?"

"No, no, no. Not rare. Bleeding," Erus corrected with a snort, arms crossed over her chest and foot tapping with growing impatience. The human girl kept misunderstanding, through ignorance feigned or real, and a line was building behind her. Gosh, what was so difficult about this? Surely they had many similar orders! Because it was the best way to eat a burger and all other ways were clearly, painfully inferior.

"Not 'brown' at all. Red! Wet! Still twitching in the death throes, if possible! I don't want it to even see the fire! The only heat must be its own body heat! You can do that, yes? It's not difficult. Easiest burger you'll ever make, just add buns and cheese!"

The girl made a face, looking like she might be ill, and shifted her weight awkwardly. "Ah. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a health code violation, ma'am, but uh, if you give me a sec I can check with my manager or...?"

Erus let out a long-suffering sigh and clenched her jaw so as not to snap like she wanted to, that she was a Pilot and could eat her bloody raw meat if she wanted! It was on the tip of her tongue, but alas, she was enjoying going incognito for a day, in skinny jeans and a t-shirt. Ah, this was what she got for coming to a fancy burger place in the upper level. She bet they would give it to her in the lower levels. But she had wanted fresh quality beef.

The girl excused herself to fetch her manager, and Erus let out a huff and turned to the person behind her. "Can you believe this? Am I being unreasonable? That is a reasonable request, no?"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:56:23 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

alex_xr

Re: Om nom nom, cheeseburger. [open!]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:32 pm »
Tylo waited impatiently for the line to move but he couldn't help but notice the problem someone was ordering a raw burger?  He didn't want to know.. He also noticed that the line in front of him had vanished and now they were behind him, luckily they didn't ask for his autograph he though. He was now directly behind the strange woman. He was in regular clothes but had made no effort to hide the fact he was indeed a Pilot.  He eyed the woman in front of him, She was  abit cute, exoitic he didn't like his chances. He decided to not bother, as he waited in line. Hoping that either she or the place would give in soon.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:01:19 pm »
This was taking so long! And all  for lunch! All for a simple burger!'

In the midst of her grousing, she caught sight of a familiar face in the crowd. Another Pilot! While she might not have talked much with him except during small day to day interactions like passing each other in the Citadel halls and such, Pilots worked in close quarters with each other and many knew each other from candidacy. It was hard not to recognize the people you lived and worked with, even if you might not be close to them all.

She pointed a clawed finger at him. "You! Back me up here!"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

alex_xr

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:56:26 am »
Tylo shrugged and  walked up to the woman. " Listen, if the woman says she wants a burger raw, you give it to her raw,  or do we need to make this a bigger issue than it is? "  He was sure the woman at the counter knew he was a pilot.   He wondered what the woman in front of him needed with a raw burger, but alas he wasn't here to judge just get some food of his own.  He did recognize her but he wasn't sure from where.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:26:47 pm »
It would have been easy to use her status to get what she wanted, but it was nice to enjoy some anonymity now and then. As one of the lesser known Pilots (with a smile like hers, she wasn't exactly the most marketable Pilot) she could get away with that more than others.

Puffing out her chest as Tylo stepped in, she flashed the cashier a shark-toothed grin that made the woman gasp. Between the two of them, she quickly reconsidered, punched something into the register, and gave a helpless shrug.

"Um, alright. So, uh, that'll be one totally raw--er, bleeding--cheeseburger, miss. That brings your total to 6.99 credits, any fries or drink to go with that?"

Erus happily added on a large soda and fries, had her wrist chip scanned for payment, and swiped up her cup to hit the refreshment bar. She nudged Tylo with her elbow as she passed. "I owe you one!"

alex_xr

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:36:54 am »
Tylo shrugged and ordered his meal, it wasn't nearly as interesting as he was normal and didn't eat raw food but he figured there must be some reason that she ate her meat the way she did.  Tylo waited patently as he paid the lady and smiled at a couple people who recognized him, as he was somewhat popular, he signed his autograph for  a couple people and then  grabbed his food and made his way to fill his drink. He began to fill it with whatever his cup happened to end under.  He had to admit the woman's teeth were sort of unnerving.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:27:17 pm »
After filling her drink, Erus grabbed her bag and headed out the door. Guess the other Pilot was too busy with his autographs to socialize. Oh well! She'd just have to go find someone else to pester!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal