Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Daglobster

Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2022, 03:56:31 am »
“Does it?” chirped Kayse, who had just wrangled off the very last of his clothes and carefully stepped into the running shower behind her. With a touch, the shower’s door sealed closed. The glass turned opaque, the bottom and tops lighting up to keep the two of them illuminated in gentle light. Kayse had taken the liberty of switching off his coldness so it wouldn’t feel weird in the shower, and he laid a hand on her back.

He dipped a hand in to scoop some water and let it flow through his fingers.

“Incredible. They’ve got to have the server on two, probably three physics cores.”

He stood close enough behind her to share the water and let it run over his face and front. “No, maybe even four. This actually feels real, holy shit…” he said with a breathless chuckle.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2022, 07:02:21 pm »
“Right?” She tipped her head back to let the water stream over her face, leaning back until she could feel Kayse’s presence behind her, hovering there a moment, then stepping forward under the full cascade of water again.

“Can’t say I know anything about physics cores, but this is definitely one of the swankiest showers I’ve ever stood in, real or otherwise.” She glanced back over her shoulder at him. “See anything we can use to scrub off? Or are we just meant to stand here and hope the water is real enough to get the job done?” she chuckled lightly.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2022, 12:01:41 pm »
"Well, it doesn't have to clean us realistically, we are in a simulation. Maybe the water resets your avatar to its default state, or is programmed to remove anything that isn't "clean," hm?" he offered. He was sorely tempted to take the spot up right behind her, but instead he drifted out in front of her, fingers ghosting along her forearm as he moved past her.

"What's the old adage about a stranger's shower?" he murmured. He turned his focus to the shower itself, extending a hand towards the wall and focusing on drawing out whatever interface it may have. A rather common task for the average Net user, although to Pink it'd probably look like more computer magic as he pulled up a band of holographic controls that went around the shower's interior walls in a ring. It had everything, from water temperature, pressure, soap infusions, romantic lighting, the works.

"Holy shit, this shower's a fucking spaceship," Kayse said with disbelief, chuckling as he turned a holographic dial to raise the water's temperature juuuuust a little.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2022, 07:22:42 am »
Pink found herself giggling incredulously as she watched him work. “I’ll have to take your word for it,” she said with a crooked grin. “I’ve never seen one of those either.”

She felt the mild increase in temperature and gave a soft noise of approval from low in her throat, closing her eyes as she let the “water” wash over her. “I know you’ve got this whole ice king vibe going on, but you can turn that up a bit. I’m used to high temperatures.”

She blinked water off her lashes to look at him, head tilted so she could pull her hair over one shoulder and card her fingers through it. She swore she felt herself getting cleaner despite the lack of soap or scrubs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal