Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Castor Matthers, Pilot Candidate  (Read 438 times)

Offline Nix

Castor Matthers, Pilot Candidate
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
__________________QUICK STATS
Name
Castor 'Cas' Matthers
Species
Human
Ethnicity
Aedolian
Height
5'9
Occupation
Pilot Candidate, stage 4
Residence
The ATC

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Castor has short light ash blonde hair with choppy bangs and heterochromatic eyes, one brown and one blueish green. Aside from his eyes he is often told he looks just like his dad. He has a rounded sort of boyish face that always seems to have a look of perpetual worry and stress on it, especially now that he is a stage 4 candidate.

Personality
Lately his personality is consumed by worry, stress, and frustration.

Before and in the early stages of candidacy he was a happier kid but harsh bullying in stage 2 and his inability to control his electrokinetic abilities have transformed him into a bundle of nerves. If he had to describe it he would say something like:

"I constantly feel like a frayed wire dangling above rapids. At any moment I might spark or the water might hit me and either way I am responsible for the ensuing disaster. I should have thicker casing or a better conduit but I don't and I don't know how to fix it. All this training and the only thing that has happened is I can feel the electrical current inside me pulsing and transmitting tiny little signals- and it hurts. I am so afraid of my own inability to contain this that I can't even touch a light switch, and I'm so afraid of failing- not because I'll be TRIMed, but because I will be letting my family down- letting Aedolis down."

He has a very poetic nature and is very smart as well. Even during his downward spiral his intelect and reasoning have increased. He suspects it to be a result of more neurons firing in his brain, a sensation he can actually feel but this has not aided the practical elements of actually mastering and controlling his electrokinesis.

Trying to explain this sensation to Pilots has only resulted in more pressure being placed upon him as they believe him to have latent powers of electrogenesis and / or view him as a link between the abilities of Electrokinesis and Electrogenesis which has only upped his value as a test subject.

Magic/Abilities
Electrokinesis- Very strong but uncontrolled.

Telepathy- Strong, though it has on occasion mixed with his Electrokinesis and sent small shocks along with telepathic communication to individuals other than his 'twin'.

Telekinesis- Weak and he has on multiple occasions electrocuted items he meant to move.

Electrogenesis- He does not believe that he even has this ability and has other explanations for the phenomena that others have interpreted as latent electrogenesis.

Relationships
 Alaine Matthers- His mother, an officer in the Aedolian military.

Dijaris Matthers- His father, a soldier in the Aedolian military.

Pilot Royal Cameron Matthers- His non-birth mother.

Pilot Noble All "Simone" Matthers- His (full) sibling. He does not really know Sim well, more like a relative you see at holidays but are not close with.

Pilot Echo Ailill Sheehy Matthers- 'Brother' though not related by blood. Castor is not really very close with him either.

Candidate Pollux Matthers- Castor's "twin". In actuality the two are half brothers (same father different mothers) but the two were born on the same day, in the same room, at nearly the same time (their moms went into labor about a minute apart, though Pollux was born first and Castor came almost an hour later). They grew up being called twins and treated as such and until recently spent their lives practically inseparable.

Other as of now unnamed siblings. The Matthers family is pretty large and does actually get together and value the family unit at least to some degree. Cameron Matthers is the head of the family unit and all of her children (biological or adopted) are Pilots or regular military and they are all psychic (though varying skills and strengths). Practically everyone in the Matthers family is military.

History
Growing up in the Matthers family home is not exactly easy. Sure you live in the upper echelons of Haviah and have privileges many do not but more than just being put on a watch list for possibly being a psychic worthy of Pilot Candidacy you know what is expected of you.

You know you were born to serve Aedolis, and not in the 'you sort of have freedom but don't go against us' way most citizens feel, but the 'you were literally bred for the military don't fuck this up' way.

That is not to say that there was no love but all children with the Matthers name hanging over their head knew what was expected of them and knew better than to disappoint. Those with more powerful or useful abilities often got more attention and more praise than those that did not. Children with weaker abilities or less useful ones had to work harder to be noticed.

Children with special abilities had more pressure and expectation placed upon them. In the Matthers home being a Pilot was the best thing you could ever be, but being dedicated and serving Aedolis, no matter what part of the military you made it into was also highly praised. Loyalty above all else was emphasized. Loyalty to the Matthers family was akin to loyalty to Aedolis and vice versa. You could not be one without the other.

Castor grew up in this world with a few siblings around his own age and many older, some related by blood and some not. However none of them were as close to him as his 'twin' brother Pollux was was also his best friend. Maybe it was the expectations placed upon him since his electrokinesis started showing, or growing up as an adopted son of Cameron Matthers but he always wanted to be a Pilot. He used to day dream about it and did basic training drills at home even before becoming a Gracie.

That dream is fading now and he is more concerned about the embarrassment he has become.

Candidacy Timeline
Stage 1: 13
Stage 2: 13-15
Stage 3: 15-17
Stage 4: 17

Note: Castor's intelligence, exceptional course work as well as his determination and discipline in regards to training and the Pilot program have gotten him through to stage 4 by the skin of his teeth. It was also felt that his skills were useful enough to merit his promotion to this stage and that he would benefit more from practical application and one on one psychic training than he would from remaining in stage 3. However it is still very likely that he will be TRIMed from this stage.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads

Complete Threads

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal