AEDOLIS > The Rest of Aedolis

Session 9 [Goblin!]

<< < (2/8) > >>

GoblinFae:
Kielen smoothed the pad of her thumb across the back of his hand, hoping to bring him comfort even as she shifted her weight to lean more into his side. She nodded lightly at his words, understanding the strength it took to admit the truth even to her.

"If it gets bad, you should call me. I'm not too busy finding myself to not have time for you. I'm glad you were able to handle though. Just remember you're not alone now though."

She sighed heavily, drinking deeply from her dark glass. "More nightmares, more calls I shouldn't but do accept from my ex." Kielen snorted wryly as she looked up at him, "your queen is a worse gluten for punishment than you. Still trust me?"

nephero:
"Of course I do." He gave her hand a little squeeze. "...It's never easy, letting go. Even if you know you really should. Some shit, though..."

Ren shot her a wry kind of smile.

"You and I are two peas in a pod."

He finished his wine and set the empty glass onto the balcony railing. Ren squeezed Kielen's hand again, this time in quiet askance.

"May I smoke?"

GoblinFae:
She gave his hand a squeeze back before releasing him. "Go ahead, and thank you for asking." Kielen stretched her arms above her head before sliding out of her leather jacket, tossing it over a lounge chair before turning to face him, back and elbows resting on the rail and long legs crossed at the ankle.

She waited long enough for him to take several calming puffs before raising her chin. "So what happened Thursday?"

nephero:
The moment Kielen granted permission, Ren let go of her hand in favor of pulling out a worn carton of cigarettes from his pocket along with a lighter. He tapped out one, holding it between his lips while he shielded the lighter with his free hand. A few quick puffs, and he set both carton and lighter onto the railing as well.

Ren let out a long, deep, satisfied exhale, the blue-grey smoke escaping in a thick cloud before dissipating into the warm summer air. He looked down at the beach below, watching the artificial ebb and flow. The sound was soothing, like white noise against the backdrop of the day, calming his thoughts in conjunction with sweet, sweet nicotine.

"I couldn't get warm. Everything felt numb, I could barely type my reports. I could barely think. I must have taken twice the dose I usually do when I need a pick me up but nothing was getting through. I just felt useless."

GoblinFae:
Kielen watched him from her relaxed posture with eyes that failed to waver. She knew exactly how he felt. It was her every winter after all. Knowing days could be like this though never made enduring them any easier, just more self-aware.

"And now? Can you get warm? Are you feeling useless?" She raised a brow looking up at him pointedly expecting nothing short of the truth. "Are you sober?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version