AEDOLIS > The Rest of Aedolis

Session 9 [Goblin!]

<< < (8/8)

GoblinFae:
Kielen nodded against his shoulder, slumping into him some as if all the heavy thoughts were suddenly pressing down on her in a tangible manner. "...it's been so long since I've felt anything. With him I felt something. I won't say I felt alive but...warm. And now everything is just boring and muted. Sex is unappealing. Chocolate tastes bland. Coffee doesn't even warm me up inside. Wine doesn't give much of a buzz. Drugs do their thing but the crash is harder. Even the job has lost a lot of its thrill. The puzzles that made me so excited to dissect feel disinteresting. I know my worth. I know where I stand in the world. But heavy is the head that wears the crown? It's very lonely here up at the top. Don't say I recommend it."

nephero:
   "Duly noted, I shall make every effort to not be a queen in heels." Ren nudged her teasingly, attempting a smile as if that would somehow cheer her up. Soon after though, he softened, and gave her another little nudge. "You also just got done with a near-death experience right on the heels of a catastrophic breakup that nearly meant the death of your career. Being a depressed mess, I think, in this case, is a midge understandable."

He tilted his head a bit, and attempted to tease again. "But if you insist, I can eat the chocolate cake all by myself."

GoblinFae:
Her lips twitched in amusement even as she blinked and considered how he'd look in heels. "I mean you could. Just make sure you have good ankle support if you're following my nine inch example."

She sobered quickly though as everything was put into stark perspective. Kielen turned to him and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek. "Thank you for returning the favor, Sweet Thang." She sat up fully on her knees so she towered over him and gave his hair a playful tug so his head tilted back to look up at her. "But don't for a second think I have fallen so low as to forsake my beloved first love, chocolate."

Kielen giggled, easing her grip on his mane to rub lightly along his scalp, soothing whatever ache she caused there in the process. "Shall I go get it, then? Or you still full from dinner?"

nephero:
"I think I'm tall enough, thank you." He grinned, even as his hair was tugged, and ducked his head slightly in deference to her. It was all in jest, of course - he knew he wasn't truly in trouble, and it never failed to strike him how refreshing that was. This wasn't like with his birthgiver, where there was no knowing if he was pleased or angry until it was already too late. Either way, it usually meant some string of insults and barbed words, so the difference never really mattered anyway.

Kielen, however, was different. He could push and if it was indeed too much, she just told him so. The first few times, of course, had led to a pretty bad meltdown on his part, but by now... by now, he didn't even get a twinge of panic. It was nice, not being terrified of interaction.

"I'm fairly full. To be honest, I had ordered it for you, so if you'd like it now, it's all yours." He shrugged a bit. "I can get it for you."

GoblinFae:
"Stay, it's alright. We can share it later if you're feeling up to it," she offered while pressing a staying hand to his chest to ensure he didn't try to get up on her. Kielen continued to kneel up over him, petting his hair with her other hand as she looked down at his face warmly. "Have I ever told you how much I adore your freckles? They're so pretty and sweet looking."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version